BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

I despise the smell of the sea. Too salty, too fishy. So, why would I want to go on a ship to sail around safe, dry land? There's a first time for everything, they say.

Now, If I knew where this vessel was, I would be able to hop aboard...

Morally unambiguous.

OOC: From Le-Koro.

IC:Ga-Wahi is, in many ways, very similar to Le-Wahi.

Both regions possess a very, very wet atmosphere. For Le-Wahi, it's the trapped humidity of a jungle. For Ga-Wahi, it's a result of being right on the coast. Both are vibrant regions with significant amounts of foliage, though that of course thins once the coast is reached. But where Le-Wahi is a dense jungle that all seems the same to anyone that doesn't live there, Ga-Wahi is beautiful, and anyone that ever passes through the region will be able to recognize certain places on a second pass through. For the De-Toa currently passing through, this is both a good, and a bad thing.

Krayn tried to avoid the memories of the last time he passed through the region. Things were different this time around, he reminded himself repeatedly. This wasn't as dangerous as it used to be, the Marines were famous for their patrols in the region. Any group that size would have been noticed and dealt with, and there weren't any forces like that left on the island. He tried passing the time by humming, imitating bird calls and listening for the reactions. He tried thinking about something cheerful, like how he could spend his vacation in Ga-Koro.But when he passed the clearing, he couldn't avoid it anymore. It took a minute for where he was to register, but the last piece of the puzzle clicked in his mind when he spotted the two graves. And then it all became clear.

It was a fairly large clearing, surprisingly so for a natural formation. It was surrounded on all sides by tall trees, though some of the ones closest to the clearing were missing their lower branches, or were just starting to grow them back. One trunk, just to Krayn's right, had a broken portion of a branch just starting to grow again. The floor of the clearing was illuminated by the sun high in the sky, its dirt clean and unbroken, but in his mind it was not so. All he could see was how it was when last he entered it.The ground was not clear, it was dark and wet, soaked with blood that should never have been spilled. A fire blazed in the corner furthest from him, and yards away he could see where it was he had sat with three others, just before all Karzahni broke loose. Several plants were still growing in the center, a testament to what happened on that day.

This was where everything had changed. Without realizing it, Krayn stopped in the center of the clearing, eyes roaming his terrain around him, but not truly seeing it. This was where he had nearly died, where he came the closest he had ever come....

The fire crackled, the smoke filtering into the air, as the Bearers gathered around its warmth. They were all silent, eyeing each other with wariness as they ate their small meal of fruit, supplied by the Mark Bearer of Cruelty. Just beyond the fire's warmth were the prisoners, all three of them. A stoic, weather beaten Toa of Fire sat perfectly still. His eyes monitored the situation with great care, watching for a mistake, however small, that could help him. The other Ta-Toa, a Ta-Koro deputy. was equally still, but her emotions were closer to the surface. Anger. Worry. Emotions reflected on the face of the Vo-Toa next to them both.They weren't bound, nor were they unarmed. But they were helpless just the same. And it was into this group that Krayn had pushed. His cover story as a retired guard had held, just barely, but it hadn't gotten him far....

Suddenly, and with no external reaction, Krayn began moving again. Quicker this time, pressing on towards the opposite end of the clearing.

No help was coming. They had to maintain the two newest Mark Bearers' cover, they couldn't risk attempting a rescue. The Bearers weren't quiet anymore, they were suddenly very animated indeed. The Toa of Ice was looming over him, evil grin stretched across his face.Emotia's eyes were wide, even though she tried her best to hide what she was thinking. She wanted to stop it, she wanted to keep it from happening, but she didn't know how. Neither she nor Reaver could act without blowing their cover. She was impotent.And he had ordered her not to try and stop him.

The face loomed again. But this time, he had a sword drawn. It was a monster of a sword, massive in length and width. It was not a thing of beauty or grace, like some. It was not an ambiguous tool, its alignment to be decided by its owner. It was a monster, a creature of evil so malicious it was almost sentient, a dark reflection of its master's will. The grin was permanently etched onto Utu's face.Death's face.

The De-Toa didn't know when he started running. He didn't remember sprinting away from the clearing as if the minions of Karzahni itself were after him, he didn't remember running as if his life depended on it. All he remembered was that face, hovering before him. An eternal reminder, the guise of the reaper's servant. The guise of the reaper of lives.The face of fear.**************************************************************************************When Krayn passed through Ga-Koro's gates, he was panting, sweat beading his forehead and running down his face. He went past the marines without a word, forcing himself to breathe more slowly. By the time he reached the marketplace, he was calm again. Death no longer rode at his heels, and after a bit of work, his heart rate reflected that. Now, he could set out to do what he actually came here to do. Refocusing was better than focusing on the past.

He reached out with his element, searching through the sea of sounds and voices to find what he was looking for. It was hard, there were innumerable possibilities, possible locations. And the time it took to search reflected that. When he began, the sun was high in the sky, the height of noon. When he finally stirred from the seat he had taken on the bench, easily an hour had passed. But it was worth it. In the sea of sounds and noises, he'd heard a reference to a group of Toa heading towards the ruins of Casa Juturna, Tillian Juturna among them.

He shouldn't have been surprised at the choice of location. In fact, hindsight being what it was, it should have been the first place he checked. Without a word, he stood and began walking through the streets, a route he knew very well. The place where the home was stood was visible in the distance, growing closer with every passing moment.It was time to see some old friends.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

The harbor was far more pungent than the rest of the coast, being that I was right next to the water. Nobody else seemed to notice the odor, either because I had an acute sense of smell, or they had gotten used to it. Anyways, I found the ship I had heard about, which had the word FORTUNE written on the side. A small handful of menacing sailors looked at me from the deck.

And then I said something smart, like, "Hi."

Edited by Lieutenant Obvious

Morally unambiguous.

IC:

Akira nodded with a warm smile, letting her hand slide off of the Le-Toa's shoulders. "Tell me, got any plans?"

Oh, I remembered now. Jumpy, overly patient, and kinda weak looking, although since Akira didn't specify any rules for this particular match, I'd have to watch out for that pakari... wait. No rules meant no rules. Since i didn't want to shoot his foot just yet, I reached behind my back and pulled the shield off, raising it in front of me and charging the Vo-Toa. I took care not to go so fast to ringout myself, my remaining hand ready to hit if he dodged to my right, as a swing of the shield would take care of dodging left.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC:

So wait, is this match both weapons and Kanohi? Are elements are allowed? I'm confused...

IC: Vorlik

The Vo-Paladin jumped out of the way of Fiera and grabbed his pike. He grabbed it in both of his hands and then faced Fiera. Then, he charged her, holding the pike out in front of him.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: @Canis: You're not supposed to use your mask or element. The point is to trigger Fiera's.My match, on the other hand, is to teach Xarya how to use the Kakama better.And maybe trigger Erif's mask :PIC: "Don't worry, Akira. I can handle pebble throwing."Erif picked up some pebbles, smiling slightly as he aimed and started throwing.Even though his mask wasn't usable, he still had extraordinary aim.Just not supernatural.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Would it hurt to have the character shout over to Akira and ask about it IC? *rolls eyes* Yes, everything is allowed in this one, just like it says in the post.

IC:

"Dreams then?" Akira smiled, looking over at the sea. "You know this is the place where it started for me? Right over here." she pointed to the spot where she first saw light, or at least she remembered so. "I was a complete wreck. If they didn't find me, I wouldn't last a day, not with those injuries i had and unable to even speak." she shuddered at the memory. "I guess what I'm trying to say is... I'm here if you need anything."

Roaring, I turned around swinging my shield to deflect Vorlik's pike. My free hand flown up to his face, but rather than punching him, I tried to get his mask off of his face.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Skyra

One would think that someone in my shoes my be going through an long term identity crisis. I mean not everyone loses their original body, and then finds out that their new body is of the opposite sex. That just doesn't happen! Right?

Naturally for me it did happen! I don't know if when coming up with my destiny the Great Beings decided to just come up with something absurd because they were bored or what, but it seems like my entire life has become something so ridiculous I just know someone has to be pulling the strings. I swear if it's Jaron I'm becoming a ghostbuster.

Then again maybe I've just lost it. It's difficult to keep your sanity sometimes...most of the time...okay all the time. My sanity is at an all time low. Not saying I'm gonna just snap and start swinging my swords around like I'm crazy ***** or nothing but sometimes I just get these...looks from people, like as if something inside me just isn't quite right anymore, like I'm broke. Then again it could just be all in my head, but of course if I keep second guessing myself I'll never be sure of anything. It's quite a conundrum isn't it?

Well, after everything I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. I'm not sure if carnage even phases me anymore, guess I'll find out next time someone's brains spill out in front of me. Kind hurts just thinking about it. Ow.

I guess I've changed alot since I started the whole 'adventuring' thing. I was such a cocky greenhorn, thought I was totally invincible. I sent out from Le-koro thinking I was just gonna go out there and watch evil cower before me! I suppose calling me an insane optimist would have been an understatement. And I still believe in ****** happy ever after!

Can't believe I was that stupid, I've only nearly been killed a dozen or so times since then. Actually did die once, well at least in body. Had enough friends die for a lifetime, a piece of me has died with each and every one and I'm starting to run out of pieces. I could use a piece...of cake.

I'm not the same person that I started this adventure on, I mean I don't even look like the same person! It's almost as if the figurative and literal meanings have merged into a big obnoxious entity that thrives on misunderstandings and oxymorons! I'm getting off topic, but the point is I've been changed forever, no going back. Nowhere to go but forward... Or sideways, there's always that.

Well, all that stuff is well behind me now, sure I've got an insane amount of mental scars that I'll probably never quite recover from, but things are a lot better now! Sure I'm still struggling with the whole 'being a girl' thing but I think I'm figuring it out. Tillian has been surprisingly more helpful with this than I would have guessed. The fact that we're together doesn't even seem that weird anymore, I really could care less what anyone else thinks about it. I love him to death. No, I don't mean I'd kill myself if he wasn't around...I think.

Speaking of girls, Hari seemed pretty intent on going shopping with me. So far the only thing I'm planning on actually purchasing are weapons...maybe a flute. Somehow I think Hari has other ideas though, I'm wondering if I should be worried. Now Naona...she'd totally go shopping just to buy weapons. Buy enough to start a small war.

I've been a girl for nearly four months now, and I've come to the point where I think I'm ready to fully accept that I'll be a girl forever. I've also realized I still don't really know how to be a girl, whatever that means. Not saying I'm looking to totally revamp my personally and become some perfect image of 'womanhood' but I feel like I need to at least learn the basics. Of course if someone could actually tell me what the 'basics' actually are that would be great!

For some reason that really scares me, I want to move on, but at the same time I'm afraid that when I do I'll lose who I was completely, that I won't be 'me' anymore. Guess I am having a bit of an identity crisis after all. Oh snap!

It doesn't matter I suppose, as long as I'm happy with who I am. I don't know if I am happy, or will be, but I sure do feel like I am when I'm with Tillian, as cheesy as that may sound. Don't really care what I am as long as he's still around. Wait, did I just rhyme?

I should probably wake up now... Or at least stop pretending to be asleep when I'm really not. Even if Tillan is comfy, and gives great massages.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"What, cruel murder over a few widgets?" He laughed. "Perish the thought, Beosach."

Outside, the sun was beating down steadily, and Komae was surprised to feel the heat pressing down on him. Guess I'm used to dry heat more than wet these days, he thought. He stopped for a moment to stretch a crick out of his neck, then looked down the street in all its floating, lilly-paddish glory. Off in the distance he could see a particularly large group of pads brimming with people, and in he felt a smile come to his face. Just like old times.

"Come on, then! Someone here's got to be looking for tools and trinkets for some reason. There's a market for everything." Humming to himself, he strode off towards the plaza.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Vorlik leaned back out of the way of Fiera's hand, and fell down. Then, he swung his pike through the air, trying to get Fiera to block it with her shield. Once she did, he would start pumping it with lightning. Fiera would grasp the shield harder as a natural reflex to being shocked, which would electrocute her more.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Kamatu

Through all my life, I never expected that, one day, I might actually step foot in... water. Ugh. I mean, it's not poison, or acid, or anything I should really be concerned about - right? Right. Come on, Kamatu. You can do this. As I began to descend into the water, I heated my body to keep myself from freezing; but as I got further and further into the water, until it was up to my shoulders (I am a very tall Toa), I realised it wasn't necessary. The water was warm - comforting. I took one last breath and plunged downwards. I began to swim faster and faster, my large feet propelling me well through the water. At last, I could see movement above my head. I rose to the surface, taking a breath of air. I found a large lily pad lying in the water, and I climbed onto it. My first venture into water was not as bad as I thought it'd be; and I had reached my destination. Ga-Koro. It had been a long way from Ta-Koro, but I had made it. Now it was time to locate my old friends. Regather the team. I stood up and began to paddle the lily pad towards the village.

OOC: It's been awhile, guys. Time to return to the RPG! I'm open for interaction.

IC:

I could tell something was off. One doesn't willingly do something so stupid as lie down in the middle of a fight. But the question remained: What? Before I could get any idea, there was a pike heading in my general direction. Faced with a choice to dodge or block, i stuck to the usual and raised my shield, while reaching for my crossbow and aiming it on the lying toa on the ground. Before I could aim properly, something happened and my muscles squeezed shut. With horror, I watched with distress, stiff as a statue, as my index squeezed the trigger without my command and the bolt left the crossbow, heading straight for the Vo-toa.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC:

He didn't willingly lie down- he was leaning out of the way of her hand and lost his balance.

Vorlik had scene Fiera grab her crossbow, and knew that once he zapped her, she would accidentally fire it, most likely at him. Therefore, he had been prepared to roll out of the way of her shot, which he did. Then, Vorlik pulled his pike from Fiera's shield, and got back up. Fiera's mask was shaped like a Hau, so, he would try to make an anticipatable attack. Using lightning to zap her, her shield would be useless. But a Hau? Not so much.

So Vorlik put his hands up, and then lightning started to crackled in them. If Fiera got close, he would jump away, and once charged enough, he would release the blast.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: -I- know that, -Fiera- doesn't. She is kinda slow in the head :P

IC: "Remind me to make less lethal bolts for training. I think we can both agree that was dangerous." I said in the brief moment while we separated to get some space between us. It didn't last long. It didn't take a genius to see what Vorlik was doing, and one does not simply dodge lightning. I tried to toss the shield into it's way, but I was hit with the full force.

Local dirt tasted badly. And all of me stung like ###### to boot. "That's it. THIS is your end!" I growled as I picked myself up, dismounting the bayonet knife from the crossbow. With all I had left in my arm, i thrown the small knife towards Vorlik's head, fury blinding all of my reason.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC-Mila:

"Akira, you make some weird requests, have I told you that?" a voice called out, the owner of said voice walking up to the Toa of Water he had called to, carrying an odd bundle in his arms, wrapped in cloth.

"Alright...barbed wire and wearable weights. Yeah. You make weird requests."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Komae

He blinked for a moment. "...That's actually a really great idea. Keeps the promise of Po-Koro quality, yet matches the Ga-Koro needs." He grinned. "Good on you, Beosach. I'm still awfully rusty on the whole cross-market thing. Don't have much use for fishhooks back in Po-Koro, after all. Can't say I'm much interested in them."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

IC:

"Archaeologists have proven that our ancestors who lived along the coast of Po-Wahi actually had a well-established fishing tradition, with stone and pottery fishhooks, harpoons, and spears, due to the lack of available metals in that area. That fishing tradition continues today, albeit with metal hooks and spears and harpoons, rather than stone - though they'll still work in a pinch. If you like history, you'll find ways to turn it to your marketual advantage."

profiles i guess

He shrugged. "Well, I admit I've never been much of a fisherman. Give me desert and stone any day, that's what I say. I think it better suits us Po-Matoran, don't you?"

IC-Beosach:

"Actually, the hicks that live on the northern coast of the Wahi would disagree with you. Of course, they also eat lizards and have inappropriate relations with their Mahi." The weaponsmith shrugged, before looking around.

"So, where to first?" he asked, acting as though his mentioning of the Mahi was nothing to raise an eyebrow at, or otherwise respond to.

profiles i guess

"I do hear they don't raise their Mahi very kindly in some parts of the Wahi," the merchant replied absently. "Well, this plaza's nice and lively. We can try this two ways - set up shop and yell for people to come buy things, or walk around and yell for people to come buy things. Which do you think is less likely to get us arrested?"

"Huh. Maybe I should stop by once I'm back in Po-Wahi." Whenever that may be. He shrugged and clapped a hand against his pack. "Well, then, want to go try and find someone who can give us some semblance of an official permit to set up shop, or do you want to just nod and smile whenever a guard looks at us suspiciously? The Akiri's hut is right over there, but I guess anyone working there wouldn't have time for a pair of out-of-towner salesmen looking for permits..."

IC:

"Oh, hi. Thanks." Akira siad, claiming the items. "Well how else am I to train htis lot? It's for an obstacle course." she defended herself. "Speaking of which, you are just in time. Fiera's temper just broke, something is bound to happen soon." she smied, remembering how that was what triggered Erif's power.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Kamatu

I paddled my lily pad up to the main dock of Ga-Koro. I stepped onto the dock, steam rising from my body as I dried myself using my elemental powers of heat. As I scanned the area, a few of the locals looked up to me in awe, obviously shocked to see such a tall Toa. I smiled, and went on my way. Eventually, I found a small tavern located away from most of the other huts. I went inside.

OOC: Open for interaction

IC:

Akira shook her head. "She doesn't know it but she already lost. Without both of her mask and elemental power, she is no match for Vorlik, being a trained guard can not change that. Fiera already took two lightning strikes, she is barely vertical." the Ga-Toa gave her observation. "I have never seen you fight." she said, trzing to subtly plant a challenge.

She turned to Noira, happy at the air toa finally warming up: "It varies. Ta-toa are generally emotionally driven, while I for example find my powers strongest when my mind is filled with void." she tried to explain. She wanted to ask Noira about her own, but guessed it might lead to a question about her past, and that was something she didnt want to ask about and risk losing the progress she just made.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension