BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Okajo

"That's something I haven't heard before. A Toa that used to be a musician. Huh."

Okajo hadn't seen Xodar before. Still, Okajo hasn't seen many Toa before today. Getting all these meeting with Toa out of the way could be good.

That is, if he were never to meet another Toa again after that day. Which could be good and bad, depending on the situation.

The other Toa-which Okajo assumed was either a Toa of Fire or an oddly coloured Toa of Plasma (Since Okajo did look like a Ta-Matoran, after all)- hadn't said his name yet.

Then again, only a few seconds had passed.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Tuli's Hut):

Tuli raised an eyebrow. "I thought you already expressed your view on that."

IC: Khervos (Tuli's Hut)

"I wasn't being completely honest, if anything I was avoiding the issue because I didn't want to face it"

"But I'm done running, so that's why I'm now asking you honestly"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Tuli's Hut):

"And it seems you are still avoiding it by asking me for a direction instead of giving any yourself", Tuli said , but not sharply - instead, her tone was light and even a bit playful.

"You confuse me, Khervos. When we first met, I got the impression you were trying to come at me. I was impressed by your self-discipline when you left instead. Not a lot of men can do that when they know they have conquered the interest of a woman. Later you seemed to feel attracted to me, as I did to you, but you kept your distance. It was some time before I just figured out you didn't really mean what you said and did at that bar, and maybe I understood the signals differently. You are not like anyone I have ever known. Not as predictable as I thought, not like the basic Ta-Koran guard or Onu-Koran miner. Not liek the mass of men on this island."

Tuli sighed. "But yes, I did feel something for you... and maybe I still can, if that is what you want. But you have to say it for yourself."

IC: The Fire Toa added, "Name's Takamaz. As to where I'm from, I woke up one day in the middle of the island, without much of memory and three friends to my name that didn't have memories either. In the long run, we wound up meeting three more Toa in the same position who remembered us. One turned out to be a little nasty and not so truthful, but the rest of us wound up becoming a Toa Team. And that's how I came to be the engineer at the Toa Akiru Forge, the business we run. So I don't really have a Koro that I yet consider a home."

IC: "We all start somewhere, right?" Xodar gave another friendly smile, which made him remember just how out of practice he was. He hadn't touched his instruments since he'd become a Toa. He imagined they would be a bit small for him now that he was this tall.

At the mention of a forge run by Toa, his interest peaked. "Akiru Forge, you say? I may have to look in at some point." Granted, he didn't really need anything forged for him at the moment. He had barely even touched his Ground Spike since he got it, save for strapping it to his arm, where it served as a very nice-looking shield. Functioned pretty well as one, too. Truth be told, a second Ground Spike might be a good thing to have. "Must be nice, being in a Toa team." he said, still smiling. "Probably helps settle your mind about being a Toa."

Will be writing stories shortly-Watch this space.

Here's my blog, where you can listen to me read bad fanfics.

IC:"At the very least, Unity is a good thing to have, vital to our success." Takamaz answered Xodar. "If you need help learning the ways of a Toa, the Akiru would be happy to help you-but at this moment, there is yet little for us Toa to fight against-the chief thing villages may need protection from is each other, as they lack the Unity that I earlier mentioned. As for the Forge, we make just about anything metallic or crystalline, and we engineer to meet the needs of our clients."

Turning to the Matoran, he answered, "I don't believe one has, though I'm not the Toa who does most of the dealing with clients. Any reason why you ask? Say, what's your name, come to think of it? Sorry that I've been rude enough not to ask."

OOC: Nope, no one armed Toa yet. If we'd had PC customers, I would have remembered it, because they'd be the first ones so far. I had better luck last year as a street vendor in Ta-Koro!

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: "You'd be willing to help?" The Earth Toa smiled. "Oh, thank you, Takamaz! Thank you!" He held his arm out for another fist-bump. "I'm glad I bumped into you." he said. "I don't mind not fighting things. Fighting isn't really my thing, you know."

Will be writing stories shortly-Watch this space.

Here's my blog, where you can listen to me read bad fanfics.

IC:

"I don't think so, I don't think I have," I replied. "Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be -- so don't take my word as gospel or anything."

"What about you? You seem to have been everywhere on this island..." I added quickly, deflecting attention away from me.

-Void

OOC: All right, let's get this show back on the road again

IC: Melna (Onu-Koro Highway)

"Who, me? Don't be silly" Melna protested.

"I've never been to Onu-Koro before, I've met people from Onu-Koro, but I've never actually been there, the only village aside from Le-Koro that I've actually been to is Ta-Koro, and even then only once."

"I needed a place that was at least somewhat familiar to start my journey, and if I didn't I wouldn't have met you guys, obviously. That's definitely a plus"

It was at this moment that the trio excited the tunnel and found themselves standing on the doorstep to Onu-Koro.

Melna gaped in awe as she drank in her surroundings, taking in the massive cave, with tiny suns glowing on every corner, and hanging from the walls and ceiling. The road shot like an unruly Gekhula in between the domed huts, zigzagging and crisscrossing to no end, it was almost painful to look at.

"It's beautiful" Melna stated.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Jorruk Yokin/Darkmine/Onu-Wahi)

"Well, dear, you should have sat on the crab," Jorruk said with a dark chuckle, hands dripping water.

"Welcome to the first stage of your conversion, Krii. Do you wish to hear the glories and tragedies of the Archangel Ak'rei'an? Or should I just dip your pretty little head into the water for five more minutes?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Krii

The choking croak of a frog broke from behind a cluster of wicker baskets, Krii's bulging eyes flickering toward the sound fearfully. She couldn't tell what was up and what was down. Was she here in the air, or there rippling in the water? The lack of air pumped through her head like a train, her body shaking as the first few breaths of stale, rotten air ripped at her lungs. It was a sweet pain. Krii was happy to be alive, wherever she was.

She tried to shake the running water from her eyes, but the grip on her neck was too tight to break. Sharp sparks of light flickered across her vision instead, her painful blinking acting as slow medicine. Cold flagstone cut into her knees, the wooden trough before her black and murky. Jorruk's words came through water-clogged and garbled at first, slowly making sense as the skakdi language jarred throughout the stone room.

"Who's," Krii tried to say the next word but couldn't make out the syllables; "Ack-ray-on?"

Her body began to shiver involuntarily, the cavernous draft of the underground sighing through round air holes near the ceiling. There was the scuffling sound of Jorruk behind her, the fat toa obsequious to his duty and deity. She tried to remember his face, but anything beyond the room was barred in her memory, warded against the prying attempts of rationale. Had she ever truly existed outside the cold walls of stone and lyme, or was this her birth, her first breath as a screaming babe into an unknown world?

Edited by Kughii

IC: Khervos (Tuli's Hut)

"I can see where you're coming from" I admitted with a quick nod.

"I was only at the Lavapool Inn to relax and forget my work. When I saw you, and put two and two together, I simply grabbed an opportunity to pass the time. I got some purely physical sensations, but that was all there was. I have no desire to go around like that, I'm not a ladies man, though by choice rather than fate"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"My name is Okajo. The only reason I asked that question is because I rescued said single-armed Toa from wandering around in the Ko-Wahi wastes. I have no idea why a Toa would be missing an arm and wandering around in the cold like that. I was hoping she'd gotten the arm. I guess not..."

Okajo shrugged. "Oh well. I guess she decided she didn't need another arm."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: (Jorruk/Darkmine/Onu-Wahi)

"Ak-rei-an," Jorruk hissed at Krii. "Prounce it right next time."

He had Ardron take the bucket out of the room, and bring in a large, thick book. Pulling up a battered stool made of black wood, he opened it. Its cover was tanned Matoran-skin, its pages soft Rahi hide, and its letters wrote in crude Old Skakdi.

"Do you want me to read?" he said in Skakdi.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

"So, it's a journal," Krii said, her mind slowly conceiving the reality she faced. Krii found herself placed in he tight confines of chains, the rattling sound finally piercing her thoughts. How long had they been there? Was everyone born with chains? "Go ahead -- I keep a journal too."

OOC: Is this Krii before conversion or after conversion?

"It is not a journal, woman!" Jorruk snapped. Quickly, though, he got a hold of himself. "This is the Book of Life, the most holy of holy texts. This volume in particular has an interesting story around it, would you like to hear?"

The fat man's truculence for his journal brought a nasal laugh to Krii, and for a moment the cinnabar tattoos etched into her teeth glittered in the light of the corner brazier. There was fierceness in her mustard eyes, even if her mouth tasted like a cesspool from the rude awakening into a world of pain and filth.

"Read on, though I am more alike to judge what is interested to my personal taste," she spat, the wet glob affixing to Jorruk's foot. There was some small measure of vengeance. There, Krii let her inhibitions die like the past she envied others for remembering.

Edited by Kughii

Song: Miriam by Norah Jones.

While not all the lyrics fit, the song -does- set the mood and it was with its tune in mind that I wrote the post, so as always, i encourage you to listen to it.

Ic:

MiriamThat's such a pretty nameI'm gonna say it whenI make you cry

"Aurelia," the page said, "a message for you."The electress disinterestedly asked who it was from as she flicked her hand out to take the telegram and he name rattled off to her meant nothing, but as soon as she flipped the note open and read its contents her eyes flew wide. "Leave me."

"Yes, ma'am."

"And I am not to be disturbed until I leave my quarters."

"Yes, ma'am."

She read the note again and nearly dropped it in surprise. "So the gladiator knows," she managed to muse before she crumpled the paper and tossed it angrily into a nearby furnace. "What does he hope to accomplish there? Retracing his steps will never change the past!" She stormed from one side of the room to the other repeatedly, thundering to herself as she did. "He will always be the pathetic one. He will always fail. She will always die. And if remembering that night rekindles his strength then so be it -- he is already broken. Muscle and mind alone cannot save his soul."

She paused midstep and caught her words in her mouth and echoed them. "If remembering that night rekindles his strength..." Her eyes quivered to the noble bed in her chamber, shrouded in fine linen and with rich silk, just like that bed sh remembered from the night two centuries before. The more Brykon relived the past the more he knew about it and the stronger he would become. Already the colonel had strained the chains Aurelia bound him with and threatened to go feral on her. She could not allow it. She had to be stronger than he, more powerful and dominating over him, for there was no greater victory than to see hope rise in the enemy just to stomp it flat as the insurrection began.

But Aurelia was keenly aware that Brykon was a devious man, not a savage, and derived some great fuel from the intellectual. If that were the case then she should drink from the same fountain. The bed was the catalyst that threw her mind into the same past Brykon saw, though her side was different.

"You know he's wealthier than we are," Huascar, the scholar, said. "If Brykon ever becomes aware of us and our plan he will surely try to end it, and he has the power to do so."

"What makes you say that?" Ambages asked, curious.

"Because look at us!" Huascar said, pointing at the other Peers present. "There are four of us, mere Matoran, skilled in the arts and sciences no doubt but still weaker than whatever he can lob at us. And need I remind you that just last meeting we learned of our fifth member's untimely demise? We can die and we are weak."

"It's also important to point out that Brykon is a powerful patriarch in his own right," Lothar, the doctor, brought forward. "True, his family is small and there are few he can trust, but others will answer any call to arms he makes. Furthermore, his history is one of adventure and derring-do. His familiar strengths aside, he has the advantage of being bold enough to move against us. And I need not point out his unnatural devotion to the old ways. Anything that defiles Mata Nui in his eyes is criminal and he will punish us swiftly if he discovers us."

"He can't discover us," Aurelia proudly blurted.

"But he can," Lothar fired back. "Brykon is a powerful lord and people readily give him information. For now we are safe, but our scheme constantly grows and with it those who will know parts of it. Given time, it is likely he will discover our true colours."

Silence fell upon the conclave as Ambages, the first among equals, debated in his mind. "There was speak at the wedding feast last year that he wished to consummate the marriage..."

"Yes..." Huascar confirmed.

"Then he will have a child."

"I'm afraid I do not follow," Lothar said.

"I think we all know that challenging Brykon directly is suicide. He is strong and he is wise, and even if he were to die his pallbearers would continue to defend him even in death. We cannot kill him. He is a proud man and will not bend easily, but we can break him. Kill what he holds dearest -- his wife -- and his faith will shatter."

"And what of his offspring?"

"We can forge him into a sword we can use. He will give him to his only brother to raise, who we can use to our benefit. In time Brykon will flounder and then rise up against us, but his rage will be his finest downfall."

"That still leaves the matter of his wife," Huascar pondered. "How should we off with her? We don't have assassins we can trust. We don't--"

"I'll do it," Aurelia spoke up.

"You?" Ambages asked, incredulous. "But she knows you well. You are longtime friends."

"And Brykon doesn't know me. That's the point. I know how to get in and abuse her trust -- and I've got the balls to do it."

Ambages held his hands out in admission. "You've got us there. Any objections, anyone?"

There were none.

The night was warmer than usual and Aurelia had ditched her fur coat in the carriage back in the koro. She walked through the thick, green forest with confidence; the sliver of the moon shone down and lit her path well enough for her to do without supplement save her Onu-Matoran eyes, and since she saw everything around her she felt no fear. Even the fact that she was going to murder one of her longest and best friends did not disturb her or frighten her nerves. The knife she chose was stashed in her chest armour, safe and close, and while it was a little uncomfortable she ignored it and instead devoted to being believable.

As she came up to the magnificent, pretty house she still breathed in awe at it -- the thing was gorgeous. The slight lunar glow bounced off the starched marble facade and erupted off in light and made the house ever the more surreal to her sensitive eyes. She wished to have a house as pretty as Brykon's and swore that one day she would grant her own desire. She managed to tear her eyes from it and came up close to the walls; she peered into one window and saw Brykon smoking a pipe in his study, keenly peeling through a book. Miriam always said books were his other love. He wouldn't leave that pastime unless she begged him to, and so Aurelia knew he would stay there long into the night. Still, her eyes bored into the lord's forehead and she pointed her finger at his heart and went "pew!" He had no idea what was coming for him.

She flitted to the other side and saw the master bedroom's lights still flooded out. Miriam tended to stay up long into the nights due to her insomnia that always seemed to kick in when she was alone. Perhaps that was why she loved Brykon so much -- with him her problems all went away. In a way Aurelia was doing her girlfriend a favour; she wouldn't have to suffer from the absolution of her man's life. Things would be better that way. She picked a piece of pumice from the ground and chucked it at the second-story window, and Miriam answered the tick in a heartbeat.

And I'm trying not to hurt you'Cause you might not be that badBut it takes a lot to make me go this mad

"Aurelia!" Miriam almost shrieked.

"Ahhhh, you've caught me!" the Onu-Matoran acted. "But shhh! We mustn't alert the sleeping dragon I have just stole around!"

Miriam chuckled. "You've always been the funny one." Brykon was affectionately called a dragon for his thunderous personality and bravado, much akin to and as mythical as a fearless dragon. It was Miriam's own pick of a nickname and the only one she tolerated for her husband. "Why are you here?"

Aurelia stretched out a bottle of wine. "Girl's night in?" she cooed.

"You're on!" Miriam said quickly. "The side entrance! Race you to it!"

Miriam won hands down and gloated over Aurelia for it. "No fair," the electress said. "You're a toa."

"Yeah, well, someday, if you're good, you can be fast as the wind like me!"

"Someday," Aurelia murmured to herself as Miriam led her back to the bedroom, "but not today."Oh MiriamThat's such a pretty nameAnd I'll keep saying itUntil you die

They drank into the night and emptied the bottle in no time so Miriam had to pull a new one from her reserve, but the toa never once realized between all the chatter and smiles that Aurelia had never finished her own glass from the start. As the hours went on and Miriam grew weary, Aurelia saw that as her sign.

She tossed the two empty bottles out the window and into the dust outside, then coaxed Miriam to the still unruffled bed as if to tuck her in for the night, helping her as she drunkenly stumbled into the big bed -- Miriam never realized until it was too late that she was being placed into her grave. Aurelia gently set her friend down and straightened her body out on the firm mattress.

"Hey, you still have the magic massage touch?" Miriam asked gently.

"You know it. Want one now?"

"Yup!" Miriam said with a pleasant sigh. "Make it as if it were your last."

Aurelia obliged, kneading her friend's shoulders with the skill of a courtesan and watched her drift off. Just as she sensed her friend was on night's door, she said softly, "Miriam?"

"Yeahhh?"

"Oh, Miriam." She gently climbed up on the bed next to her friend and looked into her face. Cute, friendly, lively -- just the perfect pal ever since Aurelia arrived on Mata Nui. She could see how easily Brykon fell for her.

"Wut."

She pulled the knife from her bosom and placed the warm edge on Miriam's thin, elegant throat.

Miriam's eyes fluttered open at the metallic sensation and saw her friend's hand precariously close to her chin. "What are you doing?" she asked with a hint of alarm.

Aurelia smiled deceptively. "Miriam."

I'm gonna smile whenI take your lifeMmm, mmm, mmm.

The toa shrieked as loudly as she could in an indecipherable jargon, not begging for mercy but calling for her husband to storm in by her side and save her from the nightmare.

Aurelia pressed the sharp edge into the throat and yanked on it, slicing deep through the artery and ending the shriek with the quickness of a fishing bird.

Without missing a beat she left the bed and flew to the window, then closed it after her and hung onto the sill for one last glimpse into the room. Her dead friend's blood pumped out of her jugular and onto her body and bed like a fountain spray and died down just after Brykon charged into the room to sob, depressed in an instant. Aurelia suddenly understood and appreciated how Ambages truly was a master at understanding people, because true to his prophesy Brykon, once proud and mighty, fell to his knees at one single glimpse of his ex-wife. Aurelia relished the moment, savored the desperation before letting herself down into the dust. She picked up the bottles and skipped away into the hot jungle back to Ta-Koro, her twisted deed done.

Still, she was not ignorant to her action and looked back at the mansion's front doors one last time and narrowed her eyes at the seal that hung just out of reach above the massive entrance with a hint of sadness. After all, the ancestral seat of House Shaddix would never again be that grand.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Day

It was painful to look at.

Unlike Melna, 'beautiful' didn't quite fit the bill in the solemn Toa's eyes. What some would see as an industrious yet natural wonder pocketed deep beneath the surface, Day could only see one colossal prison. For the first time, claustrophobia struck and it felt like the cave's massive, looming walls threatened to crush him, squeezing the air out of his lungs as he gazed upon Onu-Koro with cold, dead eyes.

The smell of metal and smoke, lightstones fighting to shine in the darkness, the cool stone against his feet...how familiar it all felt. Even the view triggered a chain of events to come to life in his memories. It was thoroughly unpleasant. Though his peace of mind wasn't at its finest at that moment, Day refused to balk any further in the face of his comrades.

Easier said than done when a pair of Ussalry members approached to check up on their arrival.

Karz.

Like most Onu-Matoran, both bore a hardy look, a trait accentuated further by their military status. Inspecting the trio, their green eyes bore into each and every one of them and when he returned their stare, a dangerously vulnerable sensation crept into the back of his mind.

They' won't recognize you, calm down. Just standard procedure.

"What's your business here?" one piped up, voice gritty. The more Day looked into his eyes, the more intense they got until they seemed to swallow him whole. His fear was irrational, he recognized that but controlling it? Difficult but he was amazed how well he bottled his feelings.

"Just passing, tourism y'know?" That wasn't a lie, right? Right. "We're arriving from Ta-Wahi, don't know how long we'll stay. Plans haven't exactly been made yet but we do plan on touring the island some more."

"Names?"

Atvin.

"Day. Lux and Melna." he said, pointing to both in turn.

After a few more questions and a quick inspection of their supplies, both Matoran bade farewell and wished the group a nice stay. Day didn't notice the tension in his shoulders until it evaporated in relief.

This wasn't going to be fun.

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Melna (Onu-Koro)

"I just gotta stop by the postal office" Melna said "I told my friends I was going to Onu-Koro so that they'd have the mail sent here"

The Ussalry members were kind enough to direct the trio in the direction of said office, and Melna wasted no time.

In a span of seconds, Melna entered the postal office, and re-emerged with an envelope held tightly in her hand.

"Got one from Colx, but still nothing from Helios" she said, her voice carrying an odd mix of joy and disappointment.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Turi

Turi never liked tunnels, he found them dark and depressing. Onu-Koro though seemed different though.

One thing he liked about Onu-Koro though, was that it was quiet. The Toa of Sonics carefully removed his Ear Muffs and took out his lightstone, keeping a eye out for strange behavior.

Edited by Toa of Anarchy
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

IC:

To Lux's eye, walking through Onu-Koro seemed remarkably similar to walking atop the night sky. The murk of the cavern was constantly being pierced by the starlight glow of a streetlamp or lightstone, with their random placements forming three-dimensional constellations across the cityscape. Clouds of steam lumbered through the air; a poor, but acceptable facsimile of the real things up in the actual sky.

The trio had stumbled their way to where the residential sector of the city skirted the open market; where the streets were wide and fringed with rotting crates of forgotten merchandise and enthusiastic merchants hawking the latest goo-ga and brightly-lit noodle houses with exotic menus. Not to mention--

"I just gotta stop by the post office," Melna had said, which had led to a brisk guide by the Ussalrymen and quick jaunt from the Onu-Ta highway's entrance.

"Got one from Colx, but still nothing from Helios," the Lesterin remarked as she left the building, a note of sadness in her voice. It was unsettling to hear an emotion like that coming from her -- it practically sounded like foreign language coming from Melna.

Lux glanced over at Day to see his reaction -- which turned out to have been a mistake. The Toa's eyes were deadened; a blank red slate where fire once sparked and fizzled. The Matoran felt worry start to nag at his gut once again.

Welp, this trip is off to a fantastic start, he flippantly quipped.

"Ummm," was his poetic and empathic beginning, followed with a, "So... 'Helios'. Have you mentioned him before?"

That's right Lux, avoid the obvious problem behind another question -- way to ###### go.

OOC: Experimenting with third-person -- don't think I like it.

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

"You see, m'dear, this book was written by the first Toa Grand-Master of my organization, Makron Blackheart," Jorruk explained. "The Blackheart was one of the first Toa to arrive on Mata Nui. After the death of the Toa of old, that is. He was a man of great importance from a distant land, who washed upon the shores of the island with his Skakdi manservant, Gorlur. Together, they wandered the island, living off mercenary work and banditry to survive.

Eventually, they found the Brotherhood's fortress at Blackrock Canyon, Po-Wahi. There, Makron slew the previous Grand Master and took over the position. He summarily made Gorlur his Steward. Unfortunately, Gorlur spoke naught a word of Matoran. So Makron forced the Brothers and Sisters of Ak'rei'an to learn Skakdi, to keep a copy of the holy book in the language, and to encourge newer members to become fluent in it."

He pulled out a small table, and laid out several nasty looking hooks, scalpels, and other instuments of torture.

"I'm afraid our little history lesson will end right now," he said. While polishing the tools, he mumbled to himself: "Such a pity no else wants to learn..."

Putting the knife down, he gave one last, longwinded lecture (OOC: Here), before asking her a question.

"Do you accept Ak'rei'an as your one and only god? Do you reject the false deities Mata Nui and Makuta? Tell me now."

Edited by Mr. House

OOC: Oh, yeah, this will be interesting... Here we go.

There wasn't much to do while the fat toa assailed Krii with his scriptures. Her shackled body remained, but Krii's mind wandered through the stories, the documents from the past of silly men doing horrible things running around her head as if tethered, satellites promising sanity in a nightmare. Krii felt her blood chill as the matoran died of plague, experienced the fear of death. Pounding heart, dry mouth, the void she would forever inhabit haunted her prematurely. In the room, the book between Jorruk's hand was a portal to somewhere else.

But she did not understand the contradictions in the tale.

"In what way is a deity false, if there are those who believe," Krii asked. Her skakdi flowed rough, but beautiful from her imprisoned body ad bloodied lip. "How can I deny the existence of what is within all temples on this island? There is deep rooted faith in the people, and how could something not exist if so many believe? And, if Ak'rei'an asked Mata-Nui to end death, does that not prove the deity's existence? Does it not prove Mata-Nui is a higher power? If Mata-Nui keeps the keys to death in his hand, then --"

She ended abruptly, a blow ruining the rest of her speech.

IC: "You'd be willing to help?" The Earth Toa smiled. "Oh, thank you, Takamaz! Thank you!" He held his arm out for another fist-bump. "I'm glad I bumped into you." he said. "I don't mind not fighting things. Fighting isn't really my thing, you know."

IC:"Not every Toa is called constantly or directly to combat, but I suspect there will be times when combat comes. The Master of Shadows has fallen, but a time may come when new threats arise, likely from his ashes. It is still wise to be prepared, but we can help you find your path in other ways as well." Takamaz answered. He then met the fist bump.

"My name is Okajo. The only reason I asked that question is because I rescued said single-armed Toa from wandering around in the Ko-Wahi wastes. I have no idea why a Toa would be missing an arm and wandering around in the cold like that. I was hoping she'd gotten the arm. I guess not..."

Okajo shrugged. "Oh well. I guess she decided she didn't need another arm."

IC: Turning his attention to the Matoran, Takamaz commented, "That's an odd place to find a one-armed Toa. If I had any leads, I'd try and find out why, just out of curiosity. Perhaps Bijackal's tracking vision could help once he returns from Po-Wahi. When did you last see this one, and where? Beyond the arm, what did they look like?"

As his hand recoiled from Krii's face, Jorruk gave out a dark chuckle.

"People like you are such silly things," he said. "Not knowing when to shut their little faces."

He pulled on a glove.

"Just so you know, we deny not Mata Nui's status as a being of otherworldly power. We, however, see him and Makuta as enemies, false idols, devils."

"Ummm," was his poetic and empathic beginning, followed with a, "So... 'Helios'. Have you mentioned him before?"

-Void

"I think so" Melna replied as she tore open the envelope "he's one of my friends from back home"

"Anyway, let's see what my favorite Skakdi has to say" she said, dropping the solemn tone and reverting to her cheerful, sunny self as she put her eyes to the letter.

Melna.

Hearing about your new friends was... mildly interesting. I'm not a big fan of being sappy, so I'll cut this short. Tell Lux he's way out of his league on this one, and don't expect anything but the worst from Day.

"Oh, Colx" Melna mumbled in motherly annoyance. He'd always struggled with leaving his ingrown mistrust toward strangers go from his mercenary days.

I've actually been kind of busy since you left. I joined a couple of Matoran in fighting some insane Toa of earth who commanded an army of Tarakava. That was fun.

And my gym has actually gotten some traction, kinda sorta struck a deal with Akiri Kongu about unoffical endorsement"

So watch for any insufferably civil Toa of Earth wearing a mask of gills, or whatever the karz it's called. And remember: don't just go barging into things

Colx.

"Wow" Melna said simply "sounds like he's done good for himself"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Sure" Melna replied to Day's remark

"Oh, by the way; Lux" she continued "Colx asked me to tell you that you were way out of your league on this one"

Melna herself seemeed completely dumbfounded by what exactly this meant.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Haven't written first person in a while, gonna give it a shot.

A smile tugs on the edge of my lips as I try to suppress a laugh, my eyes narrowing at such a remark. I can only imagine what Melna wrote in her letter to earn such a reply but considering the look of absolute puzzlement surrounding her features, she really has no idea what it all meant.

Which makes it that much more hilarious. A welcome distraction from my surroundings and gloom.

Apart from that, whenever I try to picture this Colx guy in my mind now, my imagination only conjures up a protective father figure, some jealous guy landed deep in the friend zone or somebody who enjoys stomping on a quirky Po-Matoran's dreams of scoring it with a rather attractive Lesterin.

I want to meet him.

At the moment however, I'll settle for Lux's reaction.

IC:

"Huh?"

- Cue: the feeling that your gut is sinking like that ship whose side was scraped off by an iceberg. You know the one.

Amazingly, Melna seemed just as confused as I am at the sudden announcement -- no, scratch that, moreso.

- Cue: your heart cutting off blood flow long enough for you to lose feeling in your extremities so that they sort of flop around like limp spaghettini.

I suddenly felt like I should be angry at Colx or something...

- Cue: the slow bloom of boisterous laughter escaping your mouth.

... except it was all just too #### funny.

"Non-sequiter... to end... all non-sequiters, Melna," I gasped out between dying chuckles as I wiped a few small tears from my eye. "Man, I so want to meet this Colx guy, now..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Melna watched Lux laugh with a smirk of her own. Though she didn't understand why, she was glad to see Lux enjoy himself, and especially glad to know that Colx seemed to have made a good first impression. Even though he was on the other side of the island.

"He also said to expect nothing but the worst from you" she said and turned to Day. This time she was smiling, as if the statement was hilarious in its absurdity. She was thoroughly convinced that Colx had misjudged Day.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Hahaha, wait what?

Why you smiling like that?

The Karz did you write about me, you piece of-

What, does he expect me to go supernova and fry the living meat off your bones with my ungodly sun flares or something? 'Cause man, I'll burn you to a crisp when we meet, Colx. Watch out bud, you don't know who you're dealing with. I'm Day extraordinaire, ex-assassin, Toa of sound, best looking guy within a mile radius, what with my eyes that burn like fire and dazzling white smile.

Okay, I'm being modest there; my smile's not dazzling, it's freaking blinding. Almost killed somebody with it but that's a story for another time.

Seriously though, what did she say to have him say that? Paranoia tells me she somehow knows about my past. Yet paranoia also tells me she wrote that I'm a hottie, which I am, and he's either that jealous dude in the friend zone or the overprotective fatherly figure so paranoia can go kill itself.

Y'know what, it's not worth thinking about this any more. I only repeat after Lux when I say,

"I so wanna see this Colx guy, now."

Edited by TX Wade

"Well, she was a Toa of stone. Brown supplementary armour and Iden, and I couldn't tell what colour the armour was underneath that. Really, just look for a Toa without an arm. You're bound to find her. That is, if you plan on looking."

Okajo thought for a few moments, and said, "Really, if she decided to go off on her own, it's her fault. If she gets hurt, I'd feel kinda bad, sure, but at least she isn't freezing to death as far as I know."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC:

My laughter had sort of died at this point -- even I'm not flippant enough to keep it up to the tune of this conversation. I mean, Melna, you're fantastic, but it's one thing to say that your friend thinks I'm out of your league, and quite another to say that he believes Day to be some kind of homicidal maniac or something.

What exactly did you tell Colx about him anyway?

Psh, he just needs to meet Day face-to-face, that's all; then he'll see that the Toa is just a big, slightly enigmatic teddy bear.

(And if not, I'll kick him in the shins.)

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]