Fan-Created Media Rules

Hahli Husky

Fan-Created Media Forum Rules

Welcome to the Fan-Created Media forum! We've finally got a specific place to share our own Bionicle and LEGO-inspired beats, flicks, and adventures! We can make this new spot a great place to hang out, as long as we follow a few simple rules. :)

What you can post here: your home-brewed music, videos, and games, whether they're totally original, edits/remixes of official media, and/or Let's Plays, and replies to other members' works.

What you can't post here: music, videos, and games created or endorsed by LEGO, without alterations. Such topics and discussion belong in the appropriate LEGO Discussion forums.

Rules

The BZPower Rules and Guidelines apply to all topics in this forum, as well as to the media you post here.

1) No double posting. Do not post twice or more times in a row. If you have more to say, and you were the last to post, edit your last post. Note: Topic starters are exempt from this rule and may double post ONLY to announce an update or a new preview. However, you must wait at least 24 hours before you do so.

2) Post a topic only once. If you had a problem and accidentally posted your topic twice or more times, report the duplicates and they'll be deleted.

3) Do not post preview or hype topics. Refrain from posting until you actually have a song, video, or game to share, or if you need help or suggestions. You are allowed to post game demos.

4) Members are permitted to create individual topics if they need help using a program, or assistance in making their game, video, or music. This involves creating a topic to ask for help with a program, or to look for actors, people to help with development, suggestions, etc.

5) Plagiarism is not tolerated in this forum. It's obvious that you shouldn't take another member's work and paste it into your own topic. Additionally, please refrain from posting or using slightly-altered versions of another member's media (this includes using their artwork and stories), unless you have permission from the creator.

6) Videos and music may now be shared via most video and sound sites. Such sites include YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, and Bandcamp. If you aren't sure if a site is safe for posting, please contact a staff member working in this forum. You may also upload and share them via a trustworthy hosting site, such as Media Fire or Bricklink, or host and share from your own website.

Thank you for reading and following these rules! If you have any questions/confusion, please contact one of the Fan-Created Media Forum Leaders or Assistants. Stay creative, friends! :D

Black Six
FCM Forum Leader

• 2 years later...

After discussing the legitimacy of recent topics requesting assistance and suggestions for projects, Emzee and I have changed a couple rules to accommodate said topics. Please note that topics that just try to built hype for planned projects are still not allowed.

The rules edited:

4) Do not post preview or hype topics. Refrain from posting until you actually have a song, video, or game to share, or if you need help or suggestions. You are allowed to post game demos and video trailers.

5) Members are permitted to create individual topics if they need help using a program, or assistance in making their game, video, or music. This involves creating a topic to ask for help with a program, or to look for actors, people to help with development, suggestions, etc.

Topics that were moved out of the forum before the rule change will be brought back. :)

Edited by Hahli Husky

• 9 months later...

Two of the forum's rules have been edited:

1) No double posting. Do not post twice or more times in a row. If you have more to say, and you were the last to post, edit your last post. Note: Topic starters are exempt from this rule and may double post ONLY to announce an update or a new preview. However, you must wait at least 24 hours before you do so.

3) No topic revival. Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for sixty days or more. Note: Topic starters are exempt from this rule and may revive their own topics ONLY to announce an update or a new preview. All other cases will result in topic closure.

Thanks to Emzee for writing the updated rules and helping to instigate the change.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

So... I can post my Stop Motion Bionicle stuff here? Just wanted to ask before actually making a topic. I also only have one video right now, but more to come... :D

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 7 months later...

I've already shot this question in the General Arts forum, and I've been pointed here, but I'd like to go for sure. What is the consensus on animated gif images that don't exceed the size limitations? Can I post them here in this forum?

Also while I'm at it, should there be one topic for any future gifs I might make or can each individual animated illustration have it's own topic?

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

I've already shot this question in the General Arts forum, and I've been pointed here, but I'd like to go for sure. What is the consensus on animated gif images that don't exceed the size limitations? Can I post them here in this forum?

Also while I'm at it, should there be one topic for any future gifs I might make or can each individual animated illustration have it's own topic?

It's a tricky call, but I'll echo what bonesiii said:

I don't recall it being brought up, and I won't say this is a final answer, but if it's animated I would think it would count as media.

Since bonesiii's the Forum Leader in charge of General Art, it's his call as to what flies in GA and what doesn't. If he would prefer gifs to be posted here, then that's what'll happen. :)

As for your second question: generally, most content creators in Fan Created Media post all of their work in a single topic, just to keep it all in one spot. And seeing as gifs are usually only a few seconds long anyway, I think one topic would be more appropriate.

Edited by Eyru

• 4 years later...

Hi! I had a question I wanted to ask before starting a post.

So the project I'm working on is a recreation of the Island of Metru Nui in Minecraft, so the type of art I would post would be picturesque shots of my work.

Would this all be under one "Metru Nui" post, or should I make individual posts on different aspects of the larger project, like a "Great Temple" post, a "Coliseum" post, a "Great Furnace" post, etc.

Thank you for your time!