Rise of the Rockets Discussion Topic

Parugi

yo, Flipz.

Announcements as of my last post:

• Human powers (psychics, Aura, etc.) are slowly trickling back. In-game they'll be fully restored within a day.
  • Pokémon abilities/moves/powers/whatever are still deactivated for the time being.
  • Mega Evolution is unlocked but undiscovered.
  • Fairy-Type retcons from Gen 6 have now taken effect.
  • EXP per battle is permanently increased. See chart in the first post of the RPG topic.

I had just noticed the EXP changes and was wondering then that had happened. xD

Question: Ash-Greninja (which, because RotR canon, wouldn't be called Ash-Greninja in-universe for obvious reasons) would function according to RotR's Mega Evolution rules, right?  Just curious, since I'm thinking of giving a Froakie to one of my characters in the not-too-distant future.

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Um... To be decided. X3 A discussion from a while ago ended with the decision that Ash-Greninja was a product of a psychic ability called Synchronization, but now I'm thinking that it could potentially just be considered Mega Greninja. But idk--it'll get sorted out. X3 But yeah, as far as how to get access to it, I think the requirements for using Ash-Greninja would essentially be the same as Mega Evolution as far as EXP goes.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Proposed Pokémon: Empoleon

Appearance: Mega Empoleon by Phatmon (Author's comment on gallery [on profile page]: "THE POKEMON ART IS FREE TO USE BUT YOU MUST CREDIT ME OR LINK MY GALLERY OR THE PICTURE THAT YOU USE THANK YOU"

Focus: In Mega form, Empoleon slows itself down significantly, sacrificing speed for sturdiness. Thanks to the added bulk, it can better handle the recoil of its powerful attacks, granting them added strength, while its shields allow it to deflect special attacks with relative ease, even dreaded Electric-type attacks such at Thunder and Zap Cannon. However, its Achilles Heel remains physical attacks; its shields are bulky and awkward, meaning that a well-placed physical strike can throw off both its attacks and its defenses for a significant amount of time, especially considering its slowed speed.

Mega Empoleon see themselves as paragons of protection; hardened by the harshness of the war, they've strengthened themselves so as to protect both themselves and their Trainers from the hazards of modern warfare.

Type: Water/Steel

Mega Ability: Bulletproof

Stat Distribution: (-15 Speed, +120 to other stats)

-HP: 111 (+27, Compare: Nihilego (109), Excadrill (110))

-ATK: 86 (+0)

-SPA: 153 (+42, Compare: Ash- Mega Greninja (153))

-DEF: 104 (+16)

-SPD: 131 (+30, Compare: Nihilego (131), Cosmoem (131), Umbreon (130), Sylveon (130))

-SPE: 45 (-15)

Edited by Flipz

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

• 1 month later...
Proposed Pokémon: Mega Dragonite

Appearance: (Possible drawing to come later) 15-16 feet long, more slender than before; tail length is 2-3 feet, meeting the back haunches, about 10 feet to the front legs, wings at the shoulders, then a three foot neck with a round head and snout. Horn is elongated, and antennae have moved down to muzzle. Orange scales with white underbelly, and dark blue lining for wings.

Focus: Aims to be a faster, less bulky Dragonite

Type: Dragon/Flying

Mega Ability: Gale Wings

Stat Distribution: 

-ATK: 134 > 149 (15)

-SPA: 100 > 120 (20)

-DEF: 95

-SPD: 100 > 115 (15)

-SPE: 80 > 130 (50)

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Proposing some moves for Dragonite to learn to take advantage of Gale WIngs:

Aerial Ace

Aeroblast

Air Slash

Brave Bird

Sky Attack

While I'm here, may as well put up Alma's next teammate:

Species: Growlithe
Nickname: Cu Chulainn (Or Cuhulain)
Trainer: Alma Mason (Previously owned by Alma's master)
Appearance: Cu is larger than the average Growlithe, with stripes that are much bolder than normal.
Personality: Cu is normally stoic and quiet, having been originally trained to be a guard dog and a police companion. After having his heart closed off, he would fall into fits of agression and violence, though he could be pulled out of them by certain people.
Ability: Intimidate
Specialty: Atk+
Known Moves: Bite, Flame Wheel, Fire Fang, Shadow Rush, Crunch, Retaliate
Edited by Carbevoir

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Posting for approval (warning, mild spoilers for like, one post after next):

Species: Ralts

Nickname: Raleigh

Trainer: Alex Zyther (initially Amelia Zann)

Appearance: As a Pokémon that has presented himself to Amelia Zann, Raleigh is Shiny; in addition, however, the red spike on his chest from his later evolutions seems to have manifested early, though instead of a spike it is mostly flattened and bears a resemblance to a bow tie.

Personality: Proud and poised, Raleigh is every bit the distinguished gentleman any Kalosian noble could ask for--but sadly as a male Ralts, most Kalosian nobles seemed to seek more physically proficient partners and planned to procure a future Gallade, and even the residents of Hoenn preferred power over poise. Raleigh longs for a Trainer who will appreciate him for his own strengths, on his own terms.

Ability: Trace

Specialty: Raleigh is a skilled singer (at least in the language of Pokémon), and this shows in the strength and speed of his sound-based moves. However, as a gentleman, Raleigh refuses to use physical attacks, and as a result he is unable to use them (though Psyshock is theoretically fine).

Known Moves: Teleport, Magical Leaf, Heal Pulse, Synchronoise (egg move), Skill Swap (egg move), Disarming Voice

Experience: 2 (this was the wild Ralts that fought Qrow and injured Van in the flashbacks in this post and this post)

• 1 month later...

New profile time. For the record, the name is pronounced "SAY-lix".

Species: Eevee (male)
Nickname: Salix
Trainer: Shannon Willows
Appearance: Salix is smaller than the average Eevee and doesn't have quite as much neck fur.
Personality: Salix is a newborn Eevee and is highly curious about the world. When he isn't napping, he loves meeting new people and exploring new places, which more often than not leads to troublesome antics. While Sousa often tries to keep him out of trouble, Selena might be having a bad influence on Salix, as her playfulness only encourages him to neglect what little judgement he has.
Ability: Adaptability
Specialty: Salix seems to specialize in getting himself tangled up in bedsheets, yarn, or whatever else he happens to be playing in. He has never been in a battle before, so it's impossible to say what fighting specialty he might have.
Known Moves: Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Charm, Quick Attack, Bite
Number of Battles: 0

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

• 2 months later...
Species: Sneasel

Nickname: Whisper

Trainer: Xander Cruize

Appearance: The gems on his head and chest are dark red instead of yellow; has multiple scars across his face and chest.

Personality: Outside of combat, he is aloof and grim. In battle he either is cocky and toys with his opponent (when not enraged by Hyper Mode) or is just as grim as normal and attempts to destroy his opponent without mercy.

Ability: Keen Eye

Specialty: Stays on the move in battle to raise his evasion.

Known Moves: Agility, Shadow Chill, Ice Shard, Quick Attack, Metal Claw, Hone Claws

Edited by Mipha's Grace

• 3 months later...

Submitting for approval and for topic revival:

Species: Fennekin

Nickname: Miley/Miles

Trainer: Alex Zyther

Appearance: Due to Reasons related to Amelia, Miley is shiny.

Personality: Airy and ethereally-aligned, Miles approaches hir moves more as mystical cantrips than biological processes. Though this served hir well during the global Pokémon power outage (as the sudden loss of powers did not register as a personal loss to hir), as an end result zie seems to take battles and training far less seriously than most others of hir species.

Ability: Magician

Speciality: Adds the Mystical Fire secondary effect (-1 stage SpA to the opponent) to all Fire-type attacks.

Known Moves: Wish (egg move), Hypnosis (egg move), Magic Coat (egg move), Light Screen, Ember, Psybeam

Experience: 0

Species: Froakie

Nickname: Ren

Trainer: Amelia Zann

Appearance: As with all of Amelia's Pokémon, Ren is shiny.

Personality: Though the impulse would be to describe Ren as Quiet or Serious, in truth he's more Modest than anything else. While patient with other Pokémon and mellow in response to their antics and quirks, Ren refuses to accept anything less than the best from those with whom he chooses to ally. Nonetheless, Ren is slow to judgment, and responds to his problems with a calm deliberation, despite the inner restlessness that such a measured attitude can sometimes cause him.

Ability: Protean

Speciality: Can freeze Water-type moves to make them Ice-type (i.e. Water Shuriken becomes Ice Shuriken); this will trigger Protean.

Known Moves: Bubble, Lick, Toxic Spikes (egg move), Round, Double Team, Mud Sport (egg move)

Experience: 0

Adding to the above

Species: Chespin

Nickname: Aconite

Trainer: Belle LaDonna

Appearance: Shiny

Personality: Easily excitable and always ready to throw himself into battle.

Ability: Bulletproof

Specialty: Defense+

Known Moves: Rollout, Belly Drum (Egg Move), Defense Curl (Egg Move), Spikes (Egg Move), Vine Whip, Leech Seed

Edited by MELON LORD

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-approved by Pears

Username: Metal Gear Minun

Name: Lohe Mahina

Faction: [Redacted]

Hometown: [Redacted]

Appearance: Messy black hair and dark skin. Fairly tall at 6 foot 2 inches, he appears shorter due to always being hunched over. His brown eyes always have bags under them. Patches of five-o-clock shadow.

Wears a wrinkled dark brown suit over a wool turtleneck sweater and brown pants. 

Personality: [Redacted]

Background: [Redacted]

Equipment: [Redacted]

Pokémon: Nosferatu, Ruthven, Mu

Species: Crobat
Nickname: Nosferatu
Trainer: Lohe Mahina
Appearance: Body is a bit bluer than other Crobat. Sharper fangs.
Personality: Likes to harmlessly bite others playfully. Also likes to harmfully bite others playfully
Ability: Infiltrator
Specialty: Extra proficient with draining moves.
Known Moves: Leech Life, Giga Drain (Egg Move), Hypnosis (Egg Move), Cross Poison, Quick Guard

Species: Noivern

Nickname: Ruthven
Appearance: Fur is very well groomed and luxurious
Personality: Hates noise of any sort, doesn’t like to fight much due to the noise that his attacks make. Does love to show off his flying skills to any audience that can remain silent.
Ability: Infiltrator
Specialty: Silent movement but loud attacks.
Known Moves: Boomburst, Screech, Supersonic, Dragon Pulse, Moonlight, Tailwind

Species: Alolan Rattata

Nickname: Mu

Appearance: If I think of anything interesting, I'll tell you.

Personality: Sought to prove his independence and got caught. Disciplined and serious.

Ability: Hustle

Specialty: Disciplined movements lessen Hustle's accuracy drop.

Known Moves: Sucker Punch, Endeavor, Focus Energy, Pursuit, Counter (egg move), Quick Attack

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

New Pokemon

Species: Alolan Grimer (colloquially "Slimer")

Nickname: [TBD]

Trainer: Guinevere

Appearance: standard for an Alolan-Grimer

Personality: An outcast mistrustful of others. Bit of a bully.

Ability: Power of Alchemy

Specialty: Can deactivate Power of Alchemy mid-battle to prime it again.

Known Moves: Bite, Poison Fang, Shadow Sneak (Egg Move), Mean Look (Egg Move), Disable, Minimize

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Username: unknownmercury

Name: Yamamoto Aori

Faction: None

Hometown: Kotahi Village, One Island

Appearance: Aori stands at 4'7 and weighs in at roughly 80 pounds. She has light red-brown hair cut at ear-lobe length. her eyes are vibrant and green, and she has freckled tan skin.

Personality: Aori does not understand people very well. She is often nervous and shy when meeting new people, and even those she knows well can find her awkward and reserved. She is incredibly literal-minded, and can come off as blunt, flippant , and rude. Despite this, she is very friendly and will apologize if somebody confronts her about her accidental rudeness and insults.

She is resistant to change, as well, preferring things stay as close to "normal" as possible. Her attention seems to waver, but that is because she is hyper-aware of everything around her, and will often look to see who around her is speaking, moving, or otherwise making noise.
She always needs something to occupy her hands, or else she fidgets and grow increasingly uncomfortable.

Background: Aori was born in Kotahi Village to her mother Akari and father Hitoshi on July 29, 2007. She lived a mostly uneventful life in the small village, keeping mostly to herself 

Seeing that she had few friends, her parents often left their Pokémon to care for her while they worked to provide for her. These became the closest things to companions she had, and she looked forward to receving her own Pokémon to care for.

On July 29, 2017, Aori was given two Pokémon to help her cope with her day-to-day nervousness. Hana, a Bulbasaur, was given to help calm Aori down when anxious using Sweet Scent, as well as to help her sleep at night. An Eevee named Yuri was provided to hold and pet when she was scared or panicked. The two quickly grew attached to their trainer and were eager to aid her whenever necessary.

On August 5th, 2017, she was separated from her parents during the evacuation of Kotahi Island. Panicking, she hid in an empty building until a Leopyred's Pyrrhic Victor set it on fire. She rushed out the door and was rescued by Ray Hakuda and Ryan Hikari.

Equipment: None

Pokémon: 

Species: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Hana
Trainer: Yamamoto Aori
Appearance: Larger than others of her species.
Personality: Hana is quiet and calm, and radiates a sense of peace. 
Ability: Overgrow
Specialty: Sweet Scent's effect is heightened.
Known Moves: Sweet Scent, Vine Whip, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Ingrain (Egg Move), Razor Leaf

Species: Eevee
Nickname: Yuri
Trainer: Yamamoto Aori
Appearance: Yuri is especially small and fluffy.
Personality: Yuri is a gentle creature, more prone to cheering up a trainer than battling.
Ability: Adaptability
Specialty: Special Attack+
Known Moves: Helping Hand, Charm, Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Bite
Edited by MELON LORD

• 2 weeks later...

Nickname: Felicia
Species: Togepi
Trainer: Colette
Appearance: Relatively normal for a Togepi, but with a few green and yellow symbols mixed into the egg too.
Personality: Mischievous, but also rather happy-go-lucky most times.
Ability: Super Luck
Specialty: Aura Reading
Known Moves: Extrasensory (Imperfect)(EGG), Lucky Chant (EGG), Metronome, Wish

Edited by Blessed Blade

• 2 weeks later...

Proposed Pokémon: Goodra

Appearance: Mega Goodra courtesy of JWNutz

Focus: Mega Goodra becomes much more of a tank and bruiser, losing speed but gaining added health and defenses in return. It focuses more heavily on its wide range of physical attacks, making them deal more damage in return for lessened Special Attack.

Type: Dragon/Poison

Mega Ability: Swift Swim

Stat Distribution: (-10 Sp.Atk, -10 Spd, +120 to other stats)

HP: 90 -> 120 (30)

Atk: 100 -> 120 (20)

Def: 70 -> 120 (50)

Sp.Atk 110 -> 100 (-10)

Sp.Def 150 -> 170 (20)

Spd: 80 -> 70 (-10)

Total Stat Change: 100

• 4 weeks later...

Submitting the following specialties for approval:

Hemlock: Tail-based moves powered up by 50%

Cyanide: Has become extra resistant to Dragon-type moves due to constant exposure from the rest of Belle's team (essentially takes 1/4 instead of 1/2 damage)

Shadow: Gains extra power in the dark (caves, shadowy buildings, night time); No weakness to Dark-type attacks

Sylph: Access to the human version of Psionics; has natural Telepathy (Allows for Telepathy in addition to either Synchronize or Trace)

Anubis:Bone Rush always hits 5 times

Just not weak to it, unless you're down with him just jumping straight to immunity =P

• 2 months later...

Proposed changes to Amanda's Magnezone for reaching 21 exp (note that the Specialization change would also consume the ability change for that level); additionally, Magnet Rise has been replaced with Light Screen:

Species: Magnezone

Nickname: <none>

Trainer: Amanda Zarth

Appearance: An ordinary Magnezone in every way except one: its eyes are violet, just like its trainer's. Now bears a burn scar on its underside from the events of the One Island mission against M0.

Personality: Though robotic and mechanical in its moves like Amanda's other Pokemon, Magnezone seems to be the slightest bit protective of her. It seems to be more aware than it lets on.

Ability: Analytic Levitate

Speciality: Though unusually slow even for a Magnezone, this individual is extremely adept at flight through Magnet Rise, being able to activate it faster than a Mach Punch and sustain it for very long periods of time having experienced Mega Evolution due to its extreme bond with its Trainer, it now channels a small portion of that power back into its regular form through retaining the Levitate ability, though it has lost Analytic as a result.

Known Moves: Magnet Rise Light Screen, Flash Cannon, Lock-On, Zap Cannon, Discharge, Tri Attack

Experience: 23

NOTE: due to use of a special reward, Magnezone can Mega Evolve despite lacking the experience prerequisite

Mega Appearance: Mega Magnezone's body is split into three segments, its powerful magnetic fields enough to Levitate it even at a distance. The burn scar on its underside still remains, now extending backward from the underside of its mandible, its amethyst eyes sparkling with an almost human intelligence and power.

Mega Ability: Levitate (Mega Magnezone standard)

Mega Specialty: Due to the inherent connection between Amanda and her Magnezone, it is able to access and use Amanda's psychic powers while Mega Evolved, though if both attempt to use a different psychic power at the same time (i.e. Amanda tries Barrier while Mega Magnezone tries Teleport during the same "turn") both uses of the power will fail.

Username: unknownmercury

Name: Emily Lockwood

Faction: None

Hometown: Laverre City, Kalos

Appearance: Emma is on the short side, with short auburn hair and pale blue eyes. Her skin is light and freckled. She favors elegant, stylish clothing that does not stand up well to travel and rough conditions. On stage, her outfit is always coordinated to match the Pokémon she has in the spotlight.

Personality: Emma is hotheaded and loudmouthed, with a cynical worldview; she tends to be brash and showy, and her loud sarcastic comments have landed her in her fair share of trouble. While coordinating and during interviews, however, she is very proper and speaks kindly and gently. Those who know her well, however, know that this is just an act she performs for the audience.

Background: Emma grew up in Laverre City, where she became enthralled by the gym leader and owner of the boutique Valerie. She loved the stylish clothing and decided that she wanted to live a life where she got to wear and make such clothes.

At age 11, she began traveling across the region partaking in Pokémon Showcases. She proved herself to be a competent Performer, and soon moved from the Rookie Class to the Master Class. There, she found that her skills weren't quite up to snuff, but that was alright. She didn't necessarily want to be Kalos Queen, she just wanted people to know her name. By the age of 13 she had a decent fanbase.

Pokémon:

Species: Talonflame

Nickname: Spitfire

Trainer: Emily Lockwood

Appearance: Orange coloration rather than red

Personality: Normally stoic and stern, he acts carefree while Performing.

Ability: Gale Wings

Specialty: Especially evasive

Known Moves: Tail Wind, Flame Charge, Roost, Acrobatics, Brave Bird, Agility

Species: Pikachu

Nickname: Astrape

Appearance: Is a darker shade than others

Personality: Astrape is very happy-go-lucky, easily excitable and extremely jolly.

Ability: Lightning Rod

Specialty: Can shape electric attacks for more accuracy at the cost of power.

Known Moves: Agility, Electro Ball, Thunderbolt, Charge (Egg Move), Discharge, Thunder Wave

Species: Scyther

Nickname: Ronin

Appearance: Blades have a wave pattern on them

Personality: Ronin is fierce and quick to anger, always ready to jump into a fight, making him Emma's chief protector.

Ability: Technician

Specialty: Attacks twice when using blades

Known Moves:  Fury Cutter, Agility, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Night Slash, Slash

To make it official, Emily Lockwood approved. I'm also approving her being Alex Lockwood's cousin because that's a fantastic reason for me to bring back an old favorite.

Username: Ajad Prime (adopted by Konuju)
Name: Alex Lockwood
Faction: Team Liberty
Hometown: Sunyshore City, Sinnoh
Age: 19 (18 at the start of the RPG, birthday January 19)
Appearance: Alex stands at 6 feet tall. He had long and shaggy dark brown hair, but has since then cut it short and wears it spiky. He has put on a little more muscle from all the missions he has been going on. He is still not scrawny but not buff. He wears a black and blue tank that shows off his build well, cargo shorts, and walking shoes. He also has a black side backpack in which he carries his Pokéballs.
Personality: Alex used to be loud and liked to talk a lot, but that all changed when the Rockets attacked. He is still talkative, but is more reserved than before. He has a serious-minded attitude when the time and place calls for it, but he likes to put forth a goofy facade as it always seems to make the situation better. After finding out he was the oldest in his original Liberty group of Ryan Sanders, Jake Soren, and Alec Lighttree, he was elected to be the team leader. He didn't necessarily want this position, but he was willing to prove his abilities as a leader to the other members. This has forced him to think of others' safety before his own, which in turn means he will put himself at risk for the sake of anyone close to him.
Background: Alex grew up in Sunyshore City, living with his mother and father. Both of his parents were hard workers – his father was a member of the police force, while his mother was a caring housewife. Living on the coast of Sinnoh, he learned to swim and surf at an early age. It could be said that he experienced the epitome of a perfect childhood.

That all changed abruptly one day when the Rockets broke into his house to look for some evidence his father had against them. Alex had been out swimming, and when he came home he found both his parents' corpses lying amidst the wreckage of his once-pristine home. He immediately ran off in tears, leaving the city without saying goodbye to anyone, not even his best friend Benji Grindport. His father's Absol followed Alex to make sure he stayed safe.

Alex soon managed to get ahold of his godfather Bill, the inventor of Kanto's PC Storage System. Bill immediately came to Sinnoh to see his godson and gave him an Eevee. This was the last time Alex saw his godfather before Bill was captured by Team Rocket. As the years went on, Alex grew up a lot. He worked out, collected food, and trained with his Pokémon. At one point he was offered a chance to join Team Liberty, and he immediately accepted. Joining Team Liberty gave Alex a sense of purpose he hadn't felt in a long time. He had been alone for so long, it was hard to adjust to being in a public group like this. It wasn't long before Team Liberty became like a family to him. His team helped fill the void that he had lost so long ago.

After Team Rocket and Team Liberty announced a ceasefire, Alex took the opportunity to tie up some loose ends in Sunyshore before leaving to visit his closest remaining family, his cousin Emily in the Kalos Region. He has spent the last few months reconnecting with her in Laverre City.
Pokémon: Espeon, Absol, Empoleon, Bagon, Swampert, Braviary, Chandelure, Amaura

Species: Espeon (male)
Nickname: none
Trainer: Alex Lockwood
Appearance: The fur on the top of his head is spiked.
Personality: Espeon has grown into a well-round Pokémon. He never backs down from a fight, and he always leaps to defend Alex. Alex received him when he was still an Eevee as a gift from his godfather, Bill.
Ability: Synchronize
Specialty: Espeon excels in speed and using its Psychic attack to lift things.
Known Moves: Bite, Sand Attack, Morning Sun, Confuse Ray, Psychic, Quick Attack

Species: Absol (male)
Trainer: Alex Lockwood (OT Alex's father)
Appearance: He looks more mature for an Absol, and has piercing icy aqua blue eyes..
Personality: Comes off as stuck up. He tends to look down to other unevolved Pokémon as he knows he is stronger than most of them. Superficial nature aside, Absol is extremely loyal to the son of his former master. He cares deeply for Alex and would do anything in return for him.
Ability: Pressure
Specialty: Absol excels on getting critical hits in when battling. He knows precisely where to hit and how hard to cause maximum damage.
Known Moves: Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Quick Attack, Slash, Detect

Species: Empoleon (male)
Appearance: His beak is more orange in color.
Personality: Empoleon is now stronger and tougher than before and he likes it. He will jump into fights defending to defend himself, Alex, and Alex’s fellow Pokémon. He still has a high pride and loves to battle. He is extremely loyal and is a valuable member to the team now.
Ability: Torrent
Specialty: Empoleon is excellent at performing Water attacks, using them to propel himself into the air, to charge an attack, or just to cause damage in general.
Known Moves: Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Surf, Earthquake, Grass Knot

Species: Bagon (male)
Appearance: Wears a blue bandana.
Personality: Bagon is still the baby of the group but he certainly is a powerhouse for such a young Pokémon. He doesn't know his own strength and tends to headbutt Alex when excited, showing his love.
Ability: Rock Head
Specialty: Bagon has a strong head making its headbutts extra strong.
Known Moves: Rage, Bite, Leer, Fire Fang, Hydro Pump, Dragon Rush

Species: Marshtomp Swampert (male)
Appearance: No difference.
Personality: Swampert maintains the goofy demeanor he had as a Mudkip. While he does take things more seriously than before, he constantly jokes and always has a happy-go-lucky demeanor. If you look past his jokes, you'll find that he really is the heart of the team and he cares deeply for Alex and each of his teammates.
Specialty: Nothing overly special but can swim fast and carry much heavier things then it.
Known Moves: Water Gun Muddy Water, Mud Slap Mud Bomb, Tackle Hammer Arm, Ice Ball (Egg Move), Protect, Earthquake

Species: Rufflet Braviary (male)
Appearance: Nothing noticeable.
Personality: Braviary is a feisty one, ready to pick a fight even when it's in his best interests to run. He has a very competitive nature and hates losing more than anything.
Ability: Sheer Force
Specialty: Braviary specializes in air maneuverability. He views the entire sky as his playground and his battle strategies often involve using Sky Drops to take his more grounded opponents into unfamiliar territory.
Known Moves: Shadow Claw (TM Move), Hone Claws, Aerial Ace, Wing Attack Sky Drop, Crush Claw, Superpower

Species: Litwick Chandelure (male)
Appearance: Same as others of its species.
Personality: Chandelure has a bit of an unintentionally mischievous personality. He will often show up in unexpected places, unintentionally startling his partners. He means well, though.
Ability: Flame Body
Specialty: Chandelure specializes in Fire attacks, as he has the ability to control the temperature of his flames to the exact degree.
Known Moves: Flame Burst, Will-O-Wisp, Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Inferno, Shock Wave (tutor)

Species: Amaura (female)
Nickname: Aramau
Appearance: She is often adorned with a pink arctic poppy.
Personality: Aramau may come off as cold and irritable, especially around unfamiliar people. However, deep down she has a kind heart and is appreciative of Alex's team for taking her in. She does seem to dislike being known as the "new girl", however, and will often respond to any attempts at making friends with her with an icy headbutt.
Ability: Refrigerate
Specialty: While her primary function is that of a special attacker, her physical strength is nothing to sneeze at. Because if she hits you with a Take Down, her Refrigerate ability will make you sneeze. From the cold. And from the force of a 55 pound dinosaur slamming into your stomach.
Known Moves: Aurora Beam, Light Screen, Take Down, Ancient Power, Thunder Wave, Mirror Coat (egg move)

Using Ajad's pool of reward points to:

Evolve his Marshtomp into Swampert (Water Gun -> Muddy Water, Mud Slap -> Mud Bomb, Tackle -> Hammer Arm, Protect and Earthquake added)

Evolve his Rufflet into Braviary (Wing Attack -> Sky Drop, Crush Claw and Superpower added)

Evolve his Litwick all the way to Chandelure (Inferno and Shock Wave added); Alex already had a Dusk Stone from as far back as Black City so this arguably only counts as 1 point, but I'm not using the 5th point so it doesn't really matter

Obtain his Amaura in Kalos at some point during the timeskip

If this feels like too much, let me know and I can change it, I mainly wanted to show Alex's sense of progress especially considering how little he actually did in the Unova Arc which kind of puts him behind compared to his peers.

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

• 1 month later...

Using all of my points for the rest of time to submit the following.

Username: Unknownmercury

Name: Guy "Dude" Radman

Faction: The Winning Side

Hometown: The Coolest One

Appearance: Black hair bleached at the tips, yellow eyes, wears sunglasses and the coolest looking clothes like capes and tripps.

Personality: Super awesome

Background: Guy has been battling since he was 3, and had beaten every Pokemon League by age 7. Realizing he was the strongest trainer ever, he went to change the world with his awesome gift.

Equipment: Grappling hook, 9mm Desert Eagle handgun, whatever other cool stuff I think of. Oh, underwater breathing apparatus.

Pokémon: M-Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Arceus

Species: Rayquaza

Nickname: Elite

Trainer: Guy Radman

Appearance: Always Mega Evolved due to meteor eating and sacred bond with Guy.

Personality: Awesome snd strong.

Ability: Air Lock

Specialty: Looks really cool while doing anything.

Known Moves: Dragon Ascent, Twister, Hyper Beam, Outrage, Hyper Voice, Dragon Dance

Species: Newtwo

Nickname: Mewthree (Cause 3 beats 2)

Appearance: Has a cool and mysterious appearance.

Ability: Pressure

Specialty: Looks really cool while doing anything.

Known Moves: Psychic, Psycho Cut, Confusion, Future Sight, Psystrike, Aura Sphere

Species: Arceus

Nickname: Ultimate

Appearance: Arceus

Ability: Multitype

Specialty: Looks really cool while doing anything. can hold two Plates at once.

Known Moves: Yes.

I don't think this needs said, but April Fools =P

Edited by MELON LORD

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Cameron Morrill

Hometown: Snowbelle City

Appearance: Cameron is on the tall side, with carefully combed brown hair. His dark brown eyes always shine with some joke that isn’t shared with the rest of the world. He prefers comfy clothes, rather than stylish or practical ones.

Personality: Cocksure and arrogant, Cameron refuses to acknowledge the possibility that he has faults.  Despite this, he seems compulsively driven to try and gain the respect and admiration of others, almost as if he wants them to reinforce his own self-image.  This rarely ends well for anyone involved, save for those few people who can see through his constant posturing.

Background: Cameron wanted more than a simple life in Snowbelle City, so he enrolled for Sycamore’s Summer Camp as soon as he was able. He impressed the Professor with his natural aptitude and was chosen, along with three others, to be a junior research assistant. At age ten, he and the others began traveling around Kalos, not only for research, but also to grow as trainers and people.

After losing touch with his rival, Xander, he decided to leave Kalos along with Octy and Isa to join the prestigious ranks of Team Liberty.  After a few harrowing encounters during Operation R.A.L.L.Y., he transferred to non-combat operations, eventually ending up as the DJ of the Alamo’s private radio station.

Pokémon: Flame (Fennekin), Exploud, Chatot

Species: Fennekin

Nickname: Flame (Nicknamed by Octavyn and Isabella)

Trainer: Cameron Morill

Appearance: Unkempt fur, thinner than normal, constantly snarling and scowling.

Personality: Unsocialized, very withdrawn and skittish. Will lash out physically if he feels threatened.

Ability: Blaze

Specialty: Due to a lack of proper training, Flame is forced to rely on simple physical attacks rather than traditional moves.

Known Moves: Scratch, Howl, Flame Charge, Will-o-wisp, Psyshock, (formerly knew Foul Play, but replaced with a botched, abandoned attempt at Fire Pledge)

Species: Chatot

Nickname: None

Appearance: Cameron’s Chatot has red feathers instead of blue, and the voice of Gilbert Gottfried.

Personality: His personality is like a twisted mirror of his owner’s, being obnoxious and loudmouthed with no tact or discretion to its sarcasm and boorishness.

Ability: Big Pecks

Specialty: Unbalancing opponents with annoyance and sarcasm

Known Moves: Boomburst (egg move), Chatter, Synchronoise, Taunt, Mimic, Nasty Plot

Species: Exploud

Nickname: None

Appearance: No differences

Personality: Though generally Jolly and a little eagerly childlike, Cameron’s Exploud has little personality of his own.

Ability: Soundproof

Specialty: Can (infrequently) choose what moves are used through Sleep Talk

Known Moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Crunch, Stomp, Sleep Talk

Name: Octavyn Nowarei

Hometown: Laverre City

Appearance: Baggy gray hoodie and green sweatpants. Royal-and-electric blue hair, orange eyes. Always wears pink headphones with a lightning bolt motif on them.

Personality: Quiet and contemplative, Octavyn often acts as the mediator in her friend group. Recently, though, she’s found herself dealing directly with a crisis, and is unsure how to handle it.

Background: Octavyn has always been sensitive, both to sounds and to others’ emotions.  This served her well as a mediator -- she could often sense when someone was uneasy, and her mere presence encouraged most others to tone down their confrontations for her sake.  However, her role as constant supporter left little room for her own personal ambitions -- that is, until her friend Isa pushed her to join Professor Sycamore’s Summer Camp, and the two became research assistants alongside their new friends Cameron Morill and Xander Cruize.  Though their roles as researchers did not end quite as they’d expected, her only real regret was losing touch with Xander, a loss that continued to shape her even after she joined Team Liberty with Isa and Cam.

Pokémon: Frogadier, Loudred, Noibat

Species: Frogadier

Nickname: Felicia

Trainer: Octavyn Nowarei

Appearance: Wears a pair of mock headphones made out of frubbles, matching Octy’s.

Personality: Quiet and reserved (if a bit clumsy), Octy uses Felicia as a personal assistant more than a battle partner.

Specialty: Like all members of the Ice Tribe, Felicia can freeze Water-type moves to make them Ice-type (i.e. Water Shuriken becomes Ice Shuriken).

Known Moves: Round, Mind Reader (egg move), Water Pledge, Double Team,

Species: Loudred

Nickname: Lauren

Personality: Utterly devoted to her Trainer, she shares equal loyalty to her partner Felicia, using her silence to quiet Felicia’s clumsy accidents for the sake of both Octy’s ears and Felicia’s pride.

Ability: Soundproof

Specialty: Can reduce volume of sounds around itself using Soundproof ability

Known Moves: Disarming Voice (egg move), Synchronoise, Extrasensory (egg move), Echoed Voice, Supersonic, Bite

Species: Noibat

Nickname: Sonia

Appearance: Black nose and wings instead of purple

Personality: Kind, intelligent and friendly, she doesn't seem like the kind of Pokémon who would want to battle against anyone. However, she has a strong sense of justice and freedom, making her perfect for the team.  Overall, Sonia is a very happy and kind individual, and is more intelligent than she appears.

Ability: Infiltrator or Telepathy

Specialty: Listening

Known Moves: Tailwind (egg move), Snatch (egg move), Hurricane (confuses Sonia as well when used), Supersonic, Roost, Absorb

Name: Isabella Fontaine

Hometown: Laverre City

Appearance: Blonde hair and blue eyes, with fair skin. Isa wears only the most fashionable clothing, and carries a decently-sized shoulder bag.

Personality: While energetic and excitable on the outside, Isa is actually very grounded and thinks far ahead in her plans. She often acts as the voice of reason compared to the more headstrong members of her friend group, and is the emotional core of the group, somebody for them to rely on in times of stress and crisis.

Background: Isabella grew up with a very outgoing and caring family, which is how she came to be friends with Octavyn Nowarei. At a young age, both children knew their passions in life and wanted to pursue them, but Octavyn was nervous and withdrawn. So, instead of working towards her own goal of opening boutiques across the globe, Isa encouraged her friend and went with her to Professor Sycamore’s Summer Camp, where they met Xander Cruize and Cameron Morrill. The four were chosen as candidates to be research assistants, though they lost touch with Xander after his journey across Kalos ended.

After a bit of traveling around the Kalos region, the trio of Isa, Cameron, and Octavyn travelled to the Sevii Islands to visit Octavyn’s family. While there, they became involved with Team Liberty and became permanent additions during Operation Rally.

Pokémon: Andre (Quilladin), Lafayette (Furfrou), Simone (Kirlia)

Species: Andre

Nickname: Quilladin

Trainer: Isabella Fontaine

Appearance: Incredibly large, even for a Quilladin

Personality: Despite his massive size and strength, Andre is a very gentle giant who is slow to pick a fight.

Ability: Overgrow

Specialty:.Heightened Attack and Defense at the cost of Speed

Known Moves: Grass Pledge, Vine Whip, Seed Bomb, Bulk Up, Rollout, Needle Arm

Species: Furfrou

Nickname: Lafayette

Personality: Very noble and gallant, Lafayette is quick to jump to the aid of an underdog in a fight.

Ability: Fur Coat

Specialty:.Atk+

Known Moves: Tackle, Bite, Headbutt, Sucker Punch, Odor Sleuth, Sand Attack

Species: Kirlia

Nickname: Simone

Personality: Somewhat haughty, but a loyal and true companion.

Ability: Trace

Specialty:.Sp.Atk+

Known Moves: Disarming Voice, Future Sight, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Double Team, Psychic

Edited by MELON LORD

• 1 month later...
Updating two of my characters from before to hop back in soon. I didn't change any evolutions, but moveset changes are in bold.

Username: Nara567
Name: Justin Iredsi
Faction: TL
Hometown: Lilycove City
Appearance: Here
Personality: Chill, takes time to appreciate the world around him. Interested in figuring out how the universe works. Willing to try nearly anything to solve a problem. Headstrong.
Background: Justin has been on a variety of missions since joining Team Liberty, notably recruiting Regice and Regigigas, and a mission to Unova. There, he caught a Munna and became able to access the Dream World. Seems to be a lost soul, but continues to search for his elder brother.
Equipment: --
Pokémon: Manectric (Sparks), Munna (Plush), Marshtomp (Clay), Shiftry (Sunny)

Species: Manectric
Nickname: Sparks
Trainer: Justin Iredsi
Appearance: Orange tinted fur
Personality: Confident and playful.
Ability: Static
Specialty: Excels in speed
Known Moves: Thunder Fang, Bite, Wild Charge, Quick Attack, Discharge, Thunder

Species: Munna
Nickname: Plush
Appearance: Purple flowers
Personality: Quiet, shy, and timid.
Ability: Telephathy
Specialty: Able to access the Dream World
Known Moves: Yawn, Dream Eater, Psychic, Gravity (MT) (Changed from Trick Room), Hypnosis, Nightmare

Species: Marshtomp
Nickname: Clay
Appearance: Shorter head fin
Personality: Carefree and sort of a klutz.
Specialty: Defensive
Known Moves: Muddy Water, Endeavor, Blizzard, Water Gun, Earthquare, Protect

Species: Shiftry
Nickname: Sunny
Appearance: Shorter, spiked hair and larger fans
Personality: Serious, likes to fight.
Ability: Early Bird
Specialty: Speed and ranged attacks
Known Moves: Explosion, Synthesis, Extrasensory, Razor Leaf, Faint Attack, Leaf Storm

Username: Nara567
Name: Zac Flash
Faction: --
Hometown: Fortree City
Appearance: Here
Personality: Mischievous, likes to joke around. Sort of an adrenaline junkie.
Background: Previous Team Rocket field agent. Like a leaf in the wind, ready to go wherever.
Equipment: --
Pokémon: Kecleon (Melon), Mawile (Jaws), Duskull, Darmantian (Kongo)

Species: Kecleon
Nickname: Melon
Trainer: Zac Flash
Appearance: --
Personality: Can't sit still for too long, energetic.
Ability: Color Change
Specialty: High stamina
Known Moves: Ancientpower, Syncronoise (changed from Substitute), Slash, Shadow Claw, Sucker Punch, Psybeam

Species: Mawile
Nickname: Jaws
Personality: Relaxed, stubborn.
Ability: Intimidate
Specialty: Strong physical attacks and defense
Known Moves: Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Crunch, Iron Defense, Astonish

Species: Duskull
Nickname: --
Personality: Optimistic, sort of a jokester.
Ability: Levitate
Specialty: Hit and run
Known Moves: Future Sight, Confuse Ray, Disable, Shadow Ball, Payback, Shadow Sneak (added)

Species: Darmantian
Nickname: Kongo
Personality: Lacks confidence, timid.
Ability: Zen Mode
Specialty: --
Known Moves: Fire Fang, Hammer Arm, Incinerate, Fire Punch, Rollout, Psychic

• Upvote 1

Zac and Justin's Pokémon look good. Welcome back, Nara!

And now you all see why I didn't post Fiora's profile earlier.

Species: Flabébé (female)
Nickname: Fiora
Trainer: Ellen Burks
Appearance: Unlike most Flabébé, Fiora does not carry a flower with her. Her lack of a botanical emblem makes her appear uncharacteristically miniscule, although she is in reality of average size for her species.
Personality: Fiora lost her flower when poachers captured her in Kalos. Separated from the very plant she had dedicated her life to caring for, stripped of her very purpose for being, Fiora has become very quiet and withdrawn. She desperately yearns to find her flower again, although she is faced with the very real possibility that without her protection the flower has long since wilted away. She will carefully examine any flower she comes across, either in hopes that it is the one she lost or that it will make a suitable replacement. Sadly, none of her findings ever come close to replicating the deep bond she had with her original flower.
Ability: Flower Veil
Specialty: Flabébé get their powers from the flower they wield. Because Fiora lost her flower, she is rendered mostly powerless and can only use Tackle. If she finds a flower in battle she can use it to gain access to her other abilities, but they are weaker than normal because she lacks a bond with the flower. After battle she will discard the flower because it cannot replace the one she lost.
Known Moves: Tackle, (Lucky Chant*, Misty Terrain*, Grassy Terrain*, Fairy Wind*, Magical Leaf*)

*parenthetical moves only accessible with a flower

Edited by Konuju

Species: Froakie

Nickname: Raiden

Trainer: Jared WInters

Appearance: Darker blue than normal, with its stripe appearing almost black.

Personality: Quiet and reserved, Raiden likes to analyze a situation before going in. He is also very dedicated to training and bettering himself.

Ability: Protean

Specialty: Excels at stealth, can see but not use aura.

Known Moves: Camouflage (Egg Move), Bubble, Quick Attack, Toxic Spikes (Egg Move), Lick, Smokescreen

Edited by MELON LORD

• 4 weeks later...

Species: Litten
Nickname: Tenlite
Trainer: Jenny Hakuda
Appearance: The red markings are bigger than normal
Personality: Idolizes the Battle Royal, and wishes that she could partake in it someday. She gives lots of thought to her future backstory, constantly thinking it over.
Ability: Blaze
Specialty: Is really good at physical attacks.
Known Moves: Scratch, Fire Fang, Swagger, Scary Face, Crunch(Egg), Roar

Species: Torchic
Nickname: Bree
Trainer: Olivia Seaton
Appearance: Mostly same as normal, except her colours are slightly darker
Personality: Happy-go-lucky yo here I am, I'm not a yuppie or a puppy yeah, hear me roar. Tricks means nothing to me, such a joke - you never can stop me 'cause I'm on my way. Minus and plus, had 'em plugged in the wrong way, and now minor keys are easier to hear! Regression and progression! I start to realize something true. "How many bottles did you throw into the right bin?" "Did you wash them nice and clean?" Geniuses invent machines, and wealthy people invest more funds. My mama used to say, start with what you can do today, yeah, not tomorrow - so I list this up and I set this up, my secret plan is based on this truth...
Ability: Speed Boost
Specialty: Increased Speed for her species
Known Moves: Night Slash(Egg), Peck, Ember, Growl

Species: Rowlet
Nickname: Simone
Trainer: Chloe Hikari
Appearance: More fluffy than normal Rowlet, and has a small green patch on the top of her head.
Personality: Normally pretty happy, but can get pretty easily scared. She freezes up with an odd look on her face in those moments.
Ability: Long Reach
Specialty: Has untapped potential - usually she seems weaker than typical Rowlet, but if pushed too far or synchronized enough with Chloe, can be stronger in physical attacks.
Known Moves: Leafage, Razor Leaf, Tackle, Peck, Growl

...looks like I'm behind on some profiles as well, oops?

Profile for the Halloween Contest Prize Diancie (pre-approved by Pears in PM):

Species: Diancie

Nickname: Coralie

Trainer: Alex Zyther

Appearance: As an immature juvenile, she currently appears to be an unusually tall Carbink with pink crystals and red eyes, and a single small ponytail-like crystal just starting to emerge from the back of her head.

Personality: Just as shy and Naive as Alex, Diancie was first drawn to the Trainer by their similarities. Despite this, however, she possesses a hidden steel to her core, as despite her physical insecurity she is willing to leave her own kingdom to try and carry on its legacy.

Ability: Clear Body

Specialty: Due to her juvenile state, Diancie's attacks are all weak and unpolished and fail to make full use of her inner strength; however, despite this there is clear power to her potential, and she will likely benefit greatly by learning from her current struggles.

Known Moves: Moonblast (imperfect), Diamond Storm (feeble), Stealth Rock, Trick Room, Light Screen, Reflect

and a Mega proposal courtesy of me and Blade:

Proposed Pokémon: Luxray

Appearance: Link: https://zerudez.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Luxray-463732726 (permission granted to 'Poochythegenius' in the comments)

Focus: Through Mega Evolution, Luxray transforms from a slow but hard-hitting Pokémon with lackluster defenses to a solid and swift sweeper with devastating potential thanks to Strong Jaw and a massive increase on top of its already solid Attack.

Type: Electric/Dark

Mega Ability: Strong Jaw

Stat Distribution: Stat reads base (Mega) [increase]

-ATK: 120 (160) [+40]

-SPA: 95 (95) [+0]

-DEF: 79 (90) [+11]

-SPD: 79 (90) [+11]

-SPE: 70 (108) [+38]

Edited this into Evan's profile, but here's a profoile for Evan's newest Pokèmon!

Species: Mudbray
Nickname: Valkyrie
Trainer: Evan Tierra
Appearance: Shiny colouration
Personality: Patient and enduring, this belies her Brave nature, willing to fight tough opponents no matter the odds. She does love playing the mud when the chance presents itself.
Ability: Stamina
Specialty: Taking hits and dishing out big damage in return. Her speed isn't the greatest, but she makes do.
Known Moves: Double Kick, Stomp, Bulldoze, Body Slam (Egg move), Close Combat (Egg Move; is weaker than it usually is, due to Her not having much experience with it)

• 1 month later...

Submitting for approval a specialty for Sylph: The ability to detect incoming teleportation (once power comes back online).

Will also submit for approval:

Species: Marill
Nickname: Larimar
Appearance: Paler blue than other Marill, with white 'freckles'
Personality: Laid-back and easy-going, but surprisingly aware and responsive to danger. She seems to enjoy salty foods.
Ability: Huge Power
Specialty: Surprisingly mobile, especially in the water, Larimar can switch between dodging at a distance to engaging up close in a heartbeat.
Known Moves: Aqua Jet (Egg Move), Muddy Water (Egg Move), Defense Curl, Rollout, Aqua Tail, Play Rough