Rise of the Rockets Discussion Topic

Parugi

So I decided to actually make a profile for Dack's Heatran, given that it's been two-and-a-half years OOC since he caught it.

And also I didn't want to see this topic accidentally die again.

Species: Heatran (male)
Nickname: none
Trainer: Dack Majors
Appearance: His face seem to be permanently fixed in a furious expression. But don't be fooled: on the rare occasion his mouth curves into a smile, he's even more dangerous. The magma on his back glows red when he gets exceptionally angry or whenever he is about to use a fire attack, although it's very rare for one to happen without the other.
Personality: Heatran is a very temperamental Pokémon. He agreed to help Dack take revenge on Hannah for stealing his Magma Stone, but no one really knows if he and Dack have formed a loose bond or if he's merely staying with the Snowpoint trainer because Dack holds his Magma Stone. To say that Heatran follows Dack's orders is a lucky coincidence at best, and a deadly mistake at worst. Dack considers him to be a loose cannon and a weapon of last resort.
Ability: Flash Fire
Specialty: Heatran specializes in destruction. Whether it's through all-consuming flames, jagged rocks, or the weight of his 900-pound body, Heatran makes sure his targets never come out looking the same as they did before -- if they come out looking like anything at all.
Known Moves: Magma Storm, Lava Plume, Iron Head, Heat Wave, Stone Edge, Fire Spin

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Hi all. What has happened since late 2012? (apparently way more things than TSTW...)

(No IC yet; if I come back, then I'm making some changes to my characters (or outright making new ones.))

So, I'm a bit busy at the moment (and I have a headache), so I can't cover everything that has happened, but as far as the biggest, main plot points go--as well as what's been going on with your characters--here's what's up:

• As you know, the Ancient Darkrai were a thing, and they managed to cover Hoenn and Sinnoh in darkness
  • Soil Colossus, Inc. was completely destroyed by Team Rocket during the Ancients' takeover, along with Team Aqua (by Feral Tierra, Evan Tierra's Dark Side), and then after the Ancients' defeat, Team Galactic (by Envy), Team Energon (by Ford), and Team Magma (by Ford).
  • A large group of trainers who had gone to Unova for various reasons ended up inadvertently damaging a large section of Unova (specifically Evan Tierra and Zach (now Chloe) Hikari).
  • Said group of trainers nonetheless managed to (somewhat) thwart two bigger schemes that were occurring in Unova, one by Ford/Madison Hayes and one by Chloe's father and brother.
  • Said group later assisted the Creation Heroes in defeating the Ancients, alongside the combined forces of Teams Liberty and Rocket.
  • Six-month timeskip during which a ceasefire--although essentially a cessation of war at this point--is established between TL and TR, and relations with Unova are somewhat improved
  • Soon after, selected trainers are targeted by shadow-powered entities based around the Seven Deadly Sins. Six have been defeated and died after their losses; one has yet to appear.
    • Wrath - Ryan Hikari
    • Envy - Mars, then Van Harrison
    • Lust - Meghan Vert
    • Greed - James Arthur
    • Gluttony - Ryan Sanders
    • Pride - Hannah Wright/Dack Majors/Aspen Seaton
    • Sloth - TBD
  • Ford has been on the move and recruiting followers faster than ever. Out of the 9 "Children" that he needs, he has collected 8, with the remaining 1 already in on the fold but not yet taken back to base, for unknown reasons. James Pierce, Madison Hayes, Quincy Adams, and Tyler McKinley are the first four Children, as well as Ford's main operatives.

On Scott:

• Largely inactive on-screen since you left
  • Following the timeskip, his cousin, Kai Stone, was murdered (to the point of his body being nigh-unrecognizable) by an assassin named Alma Mason. Scott knows about this, but not about the culprit. However, Drake Masters--Alma's most recent victim--did manage to record part of a conversation between himself and Alma before his death, and his Pokétch was found by Scott and two others.

On Silvermind:

• I've taken over for her since you left. Since you've been gone for so long, unfortunately I'm keeping her. =)
  • She's back in Team Liberty's hands after the entire incident with Soil Colossus and Team Magma.
  • She was involved in planning the retaliation against the Ancients.
  • She assisted, with help from Cyan Vero, in containing the rampant Surge, Koga, and Sabrina after they started attacking people in Cianwood--a result of their brainwashing by Team Rocket. During this, she came into contact with Esen Windred, Ace's daughter, who she has been attempting to recruit to Team Liberty.
  • She's currently assisting in planning a political movement/judicial case of sorts against President James Pierce, who TL now knows is definitively one of Ford's operatives.

On Carl Sandrock/Soil Colossus

• While the Darkrai were taking over, Soil Colossus was taking calculated strikes against TR.
  • Sleight, fed up with this, led an assault against them, which resulted in Soil Colossus's destruction and, essentially, the deaths of all involved with SCI, including Sandrock.
  • The Alpha Manaphy was returned to Unova after the incident.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Good thing he's only appeared once or twice, then. : p Although, I figure any character is fine for public use after a few years of inactivity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for Reyna, she hasn't appeared at all since you were last here. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, y'all. Thought-provoking question: When the time finally comes for Mega Evolution to appear, how purist are you all wanting/expecting it to be, specifically in regards to which Pokémon are capable of Mega Evolving?

To be more specific--stick to canon Mega Evolutions, or introduce RotR-exclusive ones on top of those?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Well, the way Pokken Tournament handles things could potentially provide some interesting options.

In that game, each trainer has a Synergy Stone that allows for some sort of connection between each trainer and Pokemon. Once enough power is built up during the match, they can activate something called a Synergy Burst. For Pokemon who have one, they Mega Evolve, but without the requisite stone from the home series. However, other Pokemon get some sort of powered up form that doesn't drastically change their appearance, such as Machamp's body turning red-hot or Weavile who looks like its body is covered in some sort of powdered snow. NFE Pokemon like Pikachu and Braixen also get access to this power up.

Perhaps if no one can figure out good original Mega Evolutions, other Pokemon can get access to a more general powered up state that doesn't affect appearance very heavily or so? It would at least level the playing field a bit between each Pokemon to some degree.

Edited by JiMing: Joining Sectors

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I actually have some plans specifically for how Ferrum's synchronization battles work, but overall I think I'd prefer to keep the two separate. That's not to say that the way that Mega Evolutions and Synchronization/AR works are totally unrelated, but I'd say that they're more convergent than anything--similar, but unrelated.

As it stands, I've actually been working on writing the Mega Evolution guide today, and while I wasn't going to share it for a while, I think I might as well at this point--so here it is! 

Do note: Mega Evolutions are still not present as of this post. At the moment, this information is more meant as a side-activity and for planning than anything else.

Mega Evolution

Mega Evolution in Rise of the Rockets works a bit differently than in the games. To lay out the most important detail first, Mega Rings and Stones are not a thing. Mega Evolution is instead powered by a natural, synergistic relationship between the Pokémon and its trainer. In order for a Pokémon to Mega Evolve, it must possess at least 25 EXP points, cumulative from all of the battles it has taken part in. Once a Pokémon has reached 25 EXP, they are capable of freely Mega Evolving once per battle, energizing them and providing something of a "second wind," although this will not fully heal any injuries that they have already sustained. Should they revert to their standard form during that battle, they will not be able to Mega Evolve again without resting. If a Mega Evolved Pokémon faints or is otherwise rendered unable to battle, it will revert back to its original form.

Also different here is the fact that trainers are not limited to one Mega Evolution per battle. While individual Pokémon are, a trainer in Rise of the Rockets could, in theory, Mega Evolve six Pokémon throughout the course of a single battle. It is important to note, however, that this could potentially prove fatal for the trainer. Mega Evolution takes a lot of energy from the trainer in order to power the evolving Pokémon, and because of this, few trainers have been observed that possess the ability to last that long.

The symptoms of "Evolution Sickness," as it has come to be known, are generally not permanent, and tend to disappear after a few days, though sometimes they last for a week or two. However, they do possess a patterned progression, which has been documented as follows. The number next to each symptom corresponds to how many Pokémon the trainer in question has Mega Evolved during the battle:

1. No noticeable issues
  2. Minor headache, dizziness
  3. Physical weakness
  4. Severe faintness
  5. Bleeding from orifices
  6. Unconsciousness, death

Non-Canon Mega Evolutions

Given the very limited number of canon Mega Evolutions, we will be branching out and using Megas designed by RotR's players. To submit a proposal, fill out the following form and post it in the Discussion Topic. From there, other players in the game can offer suggestions for adjustments to the proposal in order to ensure that it is both balanced and reflects multiple parties' interests. Final approval will come from Parugi, at which point the proposed Mega Evolution will be free to appear in the RPG.

Proposed Pokémon: Proposed Pokémon should be fully-evolved. Preference will be given to Pokémon that do not currently have any canon Mega Evolutions, although others will be considered on a case-by-case basis (with the exceptions of Charizard and Mewtwo, who will not be considered at all.) In the event that the Pokémon later gets a canon Mega Form, both will be considered canon in RotR.

Appearance: Either provide a detailed description, or (with approval from the artist where noted by them) link to a fan-made Mega Evolution image elsewhere. If nothing else, please acknowledge where you got the image from and Parugi will contact them.

Focus: In general, what does this Mega Form aim to accomplish as far as the Pokémon's abilities go?

Type: List the Mega Form's type here.

Mega Ability: What Ability will replace the Pokémon's when they turn Mega?

Stat Distribution: Mega Evolutions in the games add a total of 100 points to the Pokémon's Bast Stat Total. Please use the BST of the Pokémon you're proposing and add points (totaling 100 altogether) to each stat to give us a rough idea of what aspects of the Pokémon are being affected by Mega Evolution.

-ATK:

-SPA:

-DEF:

-SPD:

-SPE:

Approved RotR-exclusive Mega Evolutions must be recorded on the RotR Mega Evolutions page.

So! If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know--preferably here, but any avenue will do. I'm also going to start allowing proposals to be made starting now, although I'd prefer it if y'all didn't go crazy with this right off the bat. =)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

*checks exp*

. . . welp, looks like Quil is currently the only Pokémon out of my characters who meets the 25 exp requirements. :P

Can't complain there, but I guess it'll be a while before Ellen gets a Mega.

and r.i.p. any chances of Pacifist Shannon ever getting a Mega. ^^'

I do have a couple questions. First of all, are Mega Evolutions restricted to battles only, or would Pokémon be able to Mega Evolve outside of battle a la Soaring on Lati@s in ORAS?

Which leads into my second question, the one I thought of first . . . is there any sort of time limit for how long a trainer can keep up Mega Evolution(s)? You mentioned that a Pokémon will revert back to its original form if it faints or is otherwise rendered unable to battle, but what if the trainer was rendered unable to maintain the energy needed for the Mega Evolution? Say the trainer in question is already exhausted or maybe just isn't used to the synergistic flow of energy. Could they perhaps only be able to power the Mega Evolution for so long before losing energy? And to that extent, would exhaustion/inexperience cause a trainer to experience Evolution Sickness symptoms beyond their current level? i.e. headache when only one Pokémon is Mega Evolved?

And actually I thought of a third question: if a trainer has more than one Pokémon Mega Evolved and found the effort too strenuous, would they be able to cut off the synchronization from one Pokémon while keeping the other Mega Evolved, or would both revert back to their original forms? And spinning that question the other way around, if one of those Pokémon were to faint, would the resounding blow to the trainer (feeling the pain through their sync) cause the other Pokémon the trainer's synced to to revert back as well?

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

*checks exp*

. . . welp, looks like Quil is currently the only Pokémon out of my characters who meets the 25 exp requirements.  :P

Can't complain there, but I guess it'll be a while before Ellen gets a Mega.

and r.i.p. any chances of Pacifist Shannon ever getting a Mega. ^^'

Battle more. :]

But actually, there's going to be a looooooot of experience to be gained in the future, particularly after Megas officially come in. So I wouldn't worry about it. : p

I do have a couple questions. First of all, are Mega Evolutions restricted to battles only, or would Pokémon be able to Mega Evolve outside of battle a la Soaring on Lati@s in ORAS?

I don't see why not. Although I also don't know what practical use Mega Evolution would have outside of battle, all things considered. 

One thing that I have been toying around with is that Mega Evolution might largely be triggered/sustained by extreme mental stress, so that's something to keep in mind. Although I wouldn't say that that's an entirely necessary component.

Which leads into my second question, the one I thought of first . . . is there any sort of time limit for how long a trainer can keep up Mega Evolution(s)?

I'd say so, but given that time measurement in RPGs is always wonky, I don't have any sort of arbitrary number in mind. It's more along the lines of whatever feels natural--within reason. If it seems like someone is maintaining Mega too long, then I might say something, but by and large I don't anticipate it being a problem.

Another thing is that the time limit isn't really anything of concern until it starts to be, like, three or four Pokémon Mega Evolved by the same person. One or two I can see being fairly indefinite, but beyond that, there's a lot of strain being put on the trainer.

You mentioned that a Pokémon will revert back to its original form if it faints or is otherwise rendered unable to battle, but what if the trainer was rendered unable to maintain the energy needed for the Mega Evolution?

They would also revert back in that case, yes.

Say the trainer in question is already exhausted or maybe just isn't used to the synergistic flow of energy. Could they perhaps only be able to power the Mega Evolution for so long before losing energy?

I'd say so.

And to that extent, would exhaustion/inexperience cause a trainer to experience Evolution Sickness symptoms beyond their current level? i.e. headache when only one Pokémon is Mega Evolved?

Yes, but that's not always the case. Some people will have that experience, others won't. Mental and physical injuries can also play a part in this.

And actually I thought of a third question: if a trainer has more than one Pokémon Mega Evolved and found the effort too strenuous, would they be able to cut off the synchronization from one Pokémon while keeping the other Mega Evolved, or would both revert back to their original forms?

Two answers that you can debate with one another and decide which one you prefer:

1. No, they would have to recall all but one of the Megas in that case.
  2. Yes, but it would likely cause the de-Mega'd Pokémon to faint.

And spinning that question the other way around, if one of those Pokémon were to faint, would the resounding blow to the trainer (feeling the pain through their sync) cause the other Pokémon the trainer's synced to to revert back as well?

So, here's where the word "synergy" has its shortcomings, and why I had such trouble figuring out whether to use that word or not: Synchronization and synergization are two different things as far as we're concerned.

Synchronization is more in line with what the adaptation of the AR system is going to be (which y'all will see later) and with what psychics are capable of with their Pokémon--where trainer and Pokémon are effectively combining their minds and acting in tandem, which does make them feel each others' pain and emotions while increasing strength, etc.

Mega Evolution isn't like that. In this case, it's more that there's a one-way channel through which the trainer is feeding the Pokémon energy, which is why it's such a burden on the trainer. For a trainer to Mega Evolve multiple Pokémon at once, they're effectively opening up multiple channels. So if anything, one Mega fainting while another is around would actually allow the trainer to send more of whatever energy they have left toward the remaining Mega, since they wouldn't be splitting or draining their reserves nearly as much.

So, in other words, no. =)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so in a little bit, there'll be a bigger scale battle than usual. It'll be a bit more understandable what I mean when it happens, but...

Can we agree to not have any jams for the battle in question? Or any bigger battles, for that matter? Since it seems almost like it takes away from the... sense of urgency, so to speak. And it can just get kinda chaotic when it's a big group of people involved, and just can be, ick, in that regard. =P

I concur. Especially since jams can get kind of ridiculous when you've got like 6 people involved in it. At that point you might as well take all the posts and turn the entirety of RotR into one single, massive jam.

...that's what you'd call a book.

Now I await the day I can read Pokémon: Rise of the Rockets at my local library. :P

Yeah, I agree with this. Might need to get a couple other plots rolling again before hand =P. *CoughVermilionCough*

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Species:  Staryu
Nickname: Astraea
Trainer: Xander Cruize
Appearance: Gem is red-orange instead of red.

Personality: Astraea doesn't seem to have much of a personality, for the most part staying in one place and reacting to things around it rather than taking any direct action. If it has any thoughts or feelings, it keeps them hidden deep behind its blank gem.

Ability: Analytic
Specialty: Excels at counter-attacking.
Known Moves: Rapid Spin, Gyro Ball, Hyrdo Pump, Swift, Power Gem, Camouflage

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Because mediator powers also double as profile approving powers, I might as well exercise them.

Astraea absolutely approved. Adieu.

Finally have profiles for two of Dahlia's Pokemon.

Species: Turtwig

Nickname: Nutmeg

Trainer: Dahlia Seaton

Appearance: Nutmeg is a bit smaller than the average Turtwig, though still quite heavy.

Personality: Nutmeg is a quirky individual, who doesn't think a lot of things through properly. However, she is also quite friendly and enjoys the company of others. Oftentimes she will attempt to greet someone with a headbutt or by jumping at them, though her weight usually ends up being a hinderance in those instances.

Ability: Shell Armor

Specialty: Speed+

Known Moves: Razor Leaf, Tackle, Mega Drain Withdraw, Wide Guard (EGG move), Superpower (EGG Move)

Species: Absol

Nickname: Asriel

Trainer: Dahlia Seaton

Appearance: No major differences from other Absol.

Personality: Asriel is quiet and aloof among most people, thanks to years of being looked at as a monster. While he's mostly unwilling to interact with human beings and even some Pokemon, those who show him kindness will earn his friendship and protection. Even though old wives' tales and superstition has tarnished his reputation, when disaster is about to strike, Asriel will warn whoever he can in the hopes someone will listen to him, and defend the innocent when all heck breaks loose.

Ability: Justified

Specialty: Asriel's prediction ability as an Absol allows him to sense when a devastating blow is about to be dealt to him or an ally. He can also detect hostile intent in those around him, and sense a sneak attack the moment before it occurs. However, Asriel must be outside of his Pokeball to sense danger, and cannot use his abilities if distracted prior to the usual triggers. Additionally, he can only detect things within a limited range, those outside of that distance is invisible to prediction.

Known Moves: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Megahorn (EGG Move), Detect, Future Sight, Razor Wind

Tried something neat for Asriel's Specialty. Any thoughts?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I like that special, but I'm not a mod ^^'

I think Asriel's specialty looks good; a great way to incorporate the lore of the games, while still having its own limitations to not be too overpowered. Unless Parugi says otherwise, it's good.

Asriel Absolutely approved.

Turtwig too. Toodles!

Hey Parugi, another question I just thought of regarding Mega Evolutions. How would exp between traded Pokémon be treated? For example, Quil has over 25 exp, but obviously Ryan couldn't trade Quil to, say, Colette, and have her instantly be able to Mega Evolve him.

But what about Pokémon who gain some exp with one trainer and some with another? Gnip has had a few battles with Jenny now, and Orihime's got some battles with Ryan. My question here is, is there a set minimum amount of exp (out of the 25 exp) a Pokémon must have earned with a specific trainer in order to Mega Evolve with that trainer

I'm not asking just for the novelty of Ryan Mega Evolving Orihime. Given that Orihime currently has less than 25 exp, say she fought 10 battles under Ryan before going back to Ray, and then fought enough battles with Ray to reach the 25 exp required to Mega Evolve. Would she still be able to Mega Evolve given 10 of those 25 battles were not with Ray around?

Because I don't want this to become too complex, I think there just needs to be some sort of a positive relationship between the trainer and the Pokémon for it to Mega Evolve. So no, the 25 EXP don't all have to come from battles involving the same trainer--it just needs the required EXP and a positive connection with whoever is trying to Mega Evolve it.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Proposed Pokémon: Absol (Alt)

Appearance: Head scythe extends downwards further and ends in a point, has a serrated edge. Fur is darker, canine fangs and claws are longer and sharper. Tail blade is shorter, also serrated. Legs are thicker. The 'wings' gained as Meg Absol are not covvered with fur/feathers, instead giving them a black, bat-like appearance.

Mega Ability: Pure Power

Stat Distribution: 

-ATK: 130 => 130

-SPA:  75 => 75

-DEF: 60 -> 110 (+50)

-SPD: 60 -> 110 (+50)

-SPE: 75 => 75

Aw, you nub--starting with a Pokémon that already has a Mega. :P

Jk. Interesting. Would I be correct in interpreting the aim with this as creating a more demon-like Absol in contrast to Canon!Mega Abol's more angelic appearance? Does it gain any additional typing in this form? (Note to self: add a section for that in the proposal profile.)

Anyway, overall I'm fine with it, but what does everyone else think?

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I'm not sure what sort of extra typing I would give it that would make sense. Fighting, maybe, to get rid of that weakness and go in line with its combative nature? Minun suggested poison or ghost, but I'm not sure how/why that would work.

Edited by Carbevoir

Steel could work, given the serrated blades, but I also like the idea of Fighting. Ghost or Poison would make sense from a thematic perspective, if (again) it's supposed to evoke demonic vibes, but yeah, from a practical perspective I can see why it might be confusing.

Again, though, I think anything would work. : p

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

So, related to the topic (WHAT?! Using this thread for its intended purpose?!): McKinley's actually made a somewhat convincing argument that has Xander doubting. Kudos.

For the future, whenever it may happen, since Colette's Clauncher has 7 battles as it stands...

Nickname: Vivian
Species: Clawitzer
Trainer: Colette
Appearance: Vivian has two 'eye' patterns on her claw. They are located where the bumps on the claw are, and there is a stripe on the top of the ridge of the claw now.
Personality: Vivian is calm and collected, and tends to think things through before acting. She likes to focus while preparing her attacks, not liking to miss, which is why she keeps training against moving targets.

Following her evolution, the Clawitzer has kept her calm trait, but seems more confident in being able to hit her target.
Ability: Mega Launcher
Specialty: Long Range Sniping +1(ability to hit moving targets from a distance), Special Attack +1
Known Moves: Water Pulse, Endure (EGG), Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Smack Down

Edited by Destined Blade

I'm sorry Blade, but I can't approve Vivian's profile until you fix that grammatical error. :P

It is located where the bumps on the claw is

Outside of that though, Vivian looks good. Fix the grammar and we're golden.

Clawitzer complies, conditionally.

Profile for new capture here, because of the length of the main post:

Nickname: Pollyanna
Species: Poliwag
Trainer: Colette
Appearance: This Poliwag has a blue tail that matches the rest of her body. There is a white scar across her tail, however.
Personality: Pollyanna is very happy-go-lucky, and seems to bring cheer where it is needed the most. She especially tries her hardest to cheer someone up when they look sad. She can be naive, but things tend to work out for her most of the time. It is unknown how she got the scar she did, however.
Ability: Swift Swim
Specialty: Speed +
Known Moves: Bubble, Mind Reader (EGG), Mud Shot, Mist (EGG), Haze (EGG), Rain Dance

I feel like I used the term happy-go-lucky in a number of my older profiles. Bonus points for invoking my nostalgia, Blade. ^_^

Pollyanna 'pproved.

Nickname: Stones
Species: Onix (of the Shadow persuasion)
Trainer: Jared "Mercury" Winter
Appearance: The boulders that compose his body are chipped and cracked, and the horn on his head has been broken, ending in a sharp point.
Personality: Being a shadow pokémon, Stones is extremely aggressive and territorial. However, he is willing to take commands in combat, and can be snapped out of his 'Hyper Mode.'
Ability: Rock Head
Specialty: Extremely accurate attacks, due to size.
Known Moves: Shadow Rush, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Rock Tomb, Double Edge

Stones sounds super.

(Approved)

(This alliteration thing is getting hard)

Eh, note regarding the Shadow status thing. Officially--I don't know if this was recorded anywhere, but it is something that was discussed--all of the Shadow Pokémon that have appeared/were created prior to the Ceasefire have been established as being purified off-screen, owing to the fact that the Shadow Pokémon plot involving Ace was established by a player who then left before really doing anything with it. So, if another, unpurified Shadow Pokémon is being brought in, keep in mind that you're going to need to eventually bring in/come up with an explanation for it if you don't already have one. If that turns out to just be, "TL and TR missed one of Ace's," then that's fine, but just be sure to run it by me first. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

All the Shadow Pokémon have been purified? Well this is awkward... I definitely showcased Jayron's Shadow Absol and Shadow Zwelious during the Seven Island Adventure. I take it we're retconning that so they're not shadow anymore?

Kon, I hadn't even realized you were doing that.

ETA: I was not aware of that plot point. Sorry Pears.

Edited by Carbevoir

No worries--as I said, it wasn't recorded anywhere like I thought it was. I'll update the Shadow Pokémon page later today to clarify what's up with them.

As far as Jayron goes--I actually went through the most recent posts with Jayron's Absol and didn't catch anything that really indicated that it or Zweilous were still Shadow Pokémon, so it should be fine. If they still are, that's cool, too--it's just something that'll need to be dealt with at some point. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png