Rise of the Rockets Discussion Topic

Parugi

Hm... Well, come to think of it, one alternative would be to pick and choose which ones are purified and which ones aren't, and just avoid retcons altogether. Scott Stone's Exeggcute, for instance, should probs just be considered purified at this point, but Jayron still having Shadow Pokémon and Mercury getting this Shadow Onix could lend itself to a future plot collaboration.

That is, of course, assuming any of you are interested in that idea, and that you'd be willing to collaborate with me. : p

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

A Shadow Pokémon plot collaboration sounds interesting, and it'd definitely be a way to help keep Jayron relevant.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

I'd be down for Collab.

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Excellent.

And on an unrelated note--048/Teaser #47.

Interesting. Those needles are making me think of a voodoo doll. Unless of course they're just supposed to be in the background, in which case I'm looking forward to facing our first seamstress villain. =P

Although even in silhouette form it seems to evoke more feelings of suffering than villainy. And now suddenly I'm getting Undertale True Lab vibes. *shudder*

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

• 2 weeks later...

Proposed Pokémon: Absol (Alt)

Appearance: Head scythe extends downwards further and ends in a point, has a serrated edge. Fur is darker, canine fangs and claws are longer and sharper. Tail blade is shorter, also serrated. Legs are thicker. The 'wings' gained as Meg Absol are not covvered with fur/feathers, instead giving them a black, bat-like appearance.

Mega Ability: Pure Power

Stat Distribution: 
-ATK: 130 => 130
-SPA:  75 => 75
-DEF: 60 -> 110 (+50)
-SPD: 60 -> 110 (+50)
-SPE: 75 => 75

So, if no one has any further comments on it, then this is good by me. Did we decide to add Fighting as a secondary type?

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, fighting as a secondary type.

Now, what was I coming here for?

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

First of all, there is this thing that Blade put together. But I'll humor you.

Ryan Sanders: Typhlosion (Quil), Togekiss (Togie), Garchomp, Samurott, Mismagius (Missy), Flaafy (Ampere), Entei, Aggron

Dack Majors: Swellow, Luxray, Bastiodon, Servine, Teddiursa (Teddy)

Ellen Burks: Duosion (Duo), Mienshao (Artemis), Purrloin (Chrono), Grotle (Maturin), Oddish (Isabella)

Paul Burks: Bisharp, Torkoal (Kimber), Skarmory (Scar), Herdier (Terry)

Zoe Llyan: Fennekin (Esmeralda), Meditite (Merida), Feebas (Eilonwy)

Shannon Willows: Furret (Selena), Dunsparce (Sousa)

Hannah Wright: Staraptor, Gardevoir, Ditto, Rapidash, Noivern

Jayron Aaron: Lucario, Absol (Enhanced Shadow), Servine, Zweilous (Enhanced Shadow), Metagross, Swampert, Weavile, Sceptile, Flygon

(and arguably a Deoxys and two Mew)

NPCs:

Madison: Froslass (Anzu)

Luke: Machoke

Matthew: Skorupi (Matthew died in the Snowpoint Avalanche. I never specified his Skorupi's fate.)

Adam: Abomasnow, Lairon (could be an Aggron now, it was last seen two years ago)

Kevin: Geodude

Alaina: Spearow

Drew: Buizel

Kiri: Pidgey (although I'm half-tempted to retcon it into a Swablu)

Arddwyr: Tailow

Clearly the trademark trait of a Kon NPC is having only one Pokémon. :P (with the sole exception of Dack's rival Adam) There were also a number of Rocket NPCs I made for Celadon. Let me know if you want me to list out their Pokémon as well.

Current player Pokemon, as of this time:

Chloe: Typhlosion, Luxray, Gallade, Pikachu(lent to Olivia), Zoroark, Serperior, Lucario, Weavile, Raikou(Legendary partner)

Ryan: Tyranitar, Porygon-Z, Excadrill, Samurott, Simisage, Natu

Ray: Zangoose, Bisharp(Currently hanging out with the Rescue team), Froslass, Samurott, Alakazam, Togekiss(Currently hanging out with Ryan Sanders), Entei(Legendary Partner, currently hanging out with the Rescue team)

Jenny: Emboar, Chandelure, Eelektross, Krookodile, Gyarados, Scizor

Lucia: Audino, Blissey, Meganium, Gothorita, Clawitzer

Colette: Wartortle, Mienshao, Clawitzer, Magikarp, Poliwag

Current NPC Pokemon:

Alistair: Scizor, Magnezone, possibly another Pokemon that I haven't decided on yet

Gerald: N/A - Captured (Formerly: Alakazam, Hydreigon, Scizor[rescued by Jenny], Flygon, Cryogonal, Frost Rotom, Haunter, Electabuzz)

Stacy: Malamar, Armaldo, Seviper, Haxorus, Diggersby, Archeops(Only Archeops and Diggersby has actually appeared, to my recollection)

Guy: Musharna, Beheeyem, Grumpig, Sigilyph, and two unknown Pokemon

Taylor: Quilladin, Budew

Cassie: No Pokemon seen

----

I think that's it... ^^''

First of all, there is this thing that Blade put together. But I'll humor you.

Hey everyone. I want to take a more-thorough census of each Pokémon's representation in the RPG. Could everyone reply here with a list of their named characters' (PC and NPC) Pokémon? 

Don't be a nub. :)

There were also a number of Rocket NPCs I made for Celadon. Let me know if you want me to list out their Pokémon as well.

I don't need you to, but I wouldn't mind if you did.

Anyway, thanks, friends!

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I might add the Celadon NPCs.

James: Scizor (Lancelot), Gardevoir (Guinevere), Togekiss (Galahad), Weavile (Mordred), Swampert (Gawain), Chandelure (Percival)

Jamie: Heracross (Pelleas), Metagross (Tristan), Vanilluxe (Lucan), Slowking (Grummore/Pellinore), Haunter (Palomides), Cloyster (Bedevere), Clamperl (Lamorak), 2 Unnamed Clamperl and 1 Unnamed Shellder

Richard: Sableye (Hades), Snorlax (Dionysus), Tentacruel (Erebus), Gyarados (Oceanus), Eevee (Nyx), Diglett (Ponos), Whismur (Orpheus)

Claus: Monferno (Flint), Roggenrola (Baccio), Tepig (Porky)

Miriam: Hippowdon (Twister), Ferrothorn (Iron Maiden), Chansey (Joshua)

NPCs:

Roddy-boy: Rotom (Wattling), Porygon-Z (Digital), Unnamed Luxray (unnamed because Shadow, will be named upon being seen probs), Servine (Aralia), Beheeyem (Harmonics), Monferno (Ignight), Castform (Swirl), (maybe a T-tar, Boufallant, and Scizor depending on decisions)

Spoiler Character:

Spoiler (Spoiler), Spoiler (Spoiler), Spoiler (Spoiler), Spoiler (Spoiler), Spoiler (Spoiler), Spoiler (Spoiler), Spoiler (Spoiler)

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

K, so I've added everything together that I have so far (18 pages of Pokémon and who owns them. :o ) I'm looking for information on Team Zephyr and any other NPCs that you guys know of that aren't already listed with Pokémon on the "Minor Characters" pages on the Wiki. I'm probably going to track down most of that information myself tomorrow, but if anyone wants to beat me to the punch, I don't mind at all. :P

(Also, Merc, Alku, and JiM--I went through this topic for information on your characters, but it'd be awesome if you could still post lists for them (and related NPCs) just so that I can double-check that my information is accurate/complete.)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Totally forgot my canon-NPCs.

Karen: Umbreon, Houndoom, Absol, Zoroark

Morty: Gengar, Dusknoir, Sableye, Golett/Golurk (the first three were used during his battle against Jason Alco in the old topic, while the Golett was intended to be given to Jake Soren. Golett's probably staying on Morty's team, but I haven't decided if he evolved it into a Golurk)

Palmer: Cresselia, Milotic, Dragonite, Rhyperior

and while we're at it...

Rocket Commander Raphael Ballard: Mawile, Nidoking, Aggron(?), Gothitelle(?),Gigalith (it was unclear if the Aggron and Gothitelle belonged to Ballard or to other Rockets he commanded; the Aggron at least was implied to belong to someone else)

Leigh Rosemary: Carnivine

Natalie Dexter: Aipom, Fletchinder (originally belonged to Ashley Tango)

Ashley Tango (dead): Salamence (dead), Gliscor (dead), Mantyke, Remoraid, Fletchinder, Sigilyph (all four remaining Pokémon have been adopted by various Celadonians, Fletchinder by Natalie Dexter)

Captain George: Manectric, Growlithe (Amber)

Peter: Magneton, Kadabra

Also for the record, Arddwyr used to have a Leavanny, but it died. I've edited that into my earlier post.

Alright, for my PCs:

Xander Cruize: Gardevoir, Fennekin, Eevee, and Staryu

Mercury: Lucario, Lapras, Absol

Belle: Dragonair, Metang, Bagon, and Goomy

Alma Mason: Gengar, Poochyena, Sableye, and Rotom

NPCS:

Cult Leader (guess he needs a name at some point?): Houndoom, Murkrow (unseen), and Shuppet (Unseen)

Alamos Cultists: Baltoy, Poochyena (unseen), Umbreon (Unseen), and Vulpix (unseen)

Alma's Master: Team TBD.

Alright. After two nights, it's done!

At least for now. I'll probably do another run with even more Pokémon information later. But in the meantime, here's what I've calculated so far. 

Margin of error should only be about 1%. For anyone interested in the raw data, go here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-jxR3-cUPTn-R-cpJFMQrAJaExeNyxToox5De6a7pU/edit?usp=sharing

• % of Pokémon from each Generation
    • 1st Generation: (186/843)x100 = 22.06%
    • 2nd Generation: (88/843)x100 = 10.44%
    • 3rd Generation: (169/843)x100 = 20.05%
    • 4th Generation: (180/843)x100 = 21.35%
    • 5th Generation: (160/843)x100 = 18.98%
    • 6th Generation: (50/843)x100 = 5.93%
    • 7th Generation: 0%
  • 4-6 most popular families (by Generation)
    • 1st Generation:
      • Eevee ((18/186)x100 = 9.68%)
      • Arcanine ((11/186)x100 = 5.91%)
      • Gyarados ((9/186)x100 = 4.84%)
      • Charizard ((8/186)x100 = 4.30%)
      • Gengar((8/186)x100 = 4.30%)
      • Alakazam ((8/186)x100 = 4.30%)  
    • 2nd Generation:
      • Scizor ((12/88)x100 = 13.64%)
      • Tyranitar ((9/88)x100 = 10.23%)
      • Houndoom ((5/88)x100 = 5.68%)
      • Feraligatr ((5/88)x100 = 5.68%)
      • Typhlosion ((5/88)x100 = 5.68%)
    • 3rd Generation:
      • Kirlia ((13/169)x100 = 7.69%)
      • Metagross ((12/169)x100 = 7.10%)
      • Aggron ((11/169)x100 = 6.51%)
      • Salamence ((10/169)x100 = 5.92%)
      • Absol ((9/169)x100 = 5.33%)
    • 4th Generation:
      • Rotom ((10/180)x100 = 5.56%)
      • Lucario ((10/180)x100 = 5.56%)
      • Porygon-Z ((10/180)x100 = 5.56%)
      • Garchomp ((9/180)x100 = 5%)
      • Weavile ((9/180)x100 = 5%)
    • 5th Generation:
      • ( Beheeyem ((23/160)x100 = 14.38%) )
      • Beheeyem ((10/160)x100 = 6.25%)
      • Hydreigon ((8/160)x100 = 5%)
      • Zoroark ((7/160)x100 = 4.38%)
      • Bisharp ((6/160)x100 = 3.75%)
      • Mienshao ((6/160)x100 = 3.75%)
      • Excadrill ((6/160)x100 = 3.75%)
    • 6th Generation:
      • Aegislash ((6/50)x100 = 12%)
      • Trevanent ((4/50)x100 = 8%)
      • Talonflame ((4/50)x100 = 8%)
      • Noivern ((3/50)x100 = 6%)
    • 7th Generation: N/A
  • 10 most popular families overall
    • (Beheeyem - counting the 13 unnamed Beheeyem-owning Déoza Agents)
    • Eevee
    • Kirlia
    • Scizor
    • Metagross
    • Aggron
    • Arcanine
    • Rotom
    • Lucario
    • Porygon-Z
    • Salamence
    • Beheeyem
  • 10 most popular Pokémon
    • (Beheeyem – 20)
    • Scizor - 10
    • Rotom - 10
    • Absol - 9
    • Gyarados - 8
    • Alakazam - 7
    • Eevee - 7
    • Metagross - 7
    • Garchomp - 7
    • Zoroark - 7
    • Beheeyem - 7
  • Overall Pokemon Representation
    • Unrepresented – (285/721) x 100 = 39.53%
    • Represented – (436/721) x 100 = 60.47%
Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Indeedly. I think this second breakdown--focusing only on PCs (as well as some of the "pseudo-PCs," like Paul, Madison, Esen, etc.)--is probably a bit more in-line with what people would have expected.

• Polling Size = 43 Trainers
  • Pokémon Sampled = 229
  • Average Pokémon per Trainer = 5.33
  • % from each Generation
    • 1st Generation: (40/229) x 100 = 17.47%
    • 2nd Generation: (30/229) x 100 = 13.10%
    • 3rd Generation: (40/229) x 100 = 17.47%
    • 4th Generation: (54/229) x 100 = 23.58%
    • 5th Generation: (51/229) x 100 = 22.27%
    • 6th Generation: (13/229) x 100 = 5.68%
    • 7th Generation: 0%
  • Most-Used Families (by Generation)
    • 1st Generation:
      • Scyther ((4/40) x 100) = 10%
      • Magikarp ((3/40) x 100) = 7.5%
      • Eevee ((3/40) x 100) = 7.5%
      • TOTAL: ((10/40) x 100) = 25%
    • 2nd Generation:
      • Gligar ((4/30) x 100) = 13.33%
      • Togepi ((3/30) x 100) = 10%
      • Cyndaquil ((3/30) x 100) = 10%
      • Sneasel ((3/30) x 100) = 10%
      • TOTAL: 43.33%
    • 3rd Generation:
      • Ralts ((5/40) x 100) = 12.5%
      • Mudkip ((4/40) x 100) = 10%
      • Beldum ((3/40) x 100) = 7.5%
      • Absol ((3/40) x 100) = 7.5%
      • Snorunt ((3/40) x 100) = 7.5%
      • Clamperl ((3/40) x 100) = 7.5%
      • TOTAL: 52.5%
    • 4th Generation:
      • Turtwig ((4/54) x 100) = 7.41%
      • Riolu ((4/54) x 100) = 7.41%
      • Gible ((4/54) x 100) = 7.41%
      • Chimchar ((3/54) x 100) = 5.56%
      • Rotom ((3/54) x 100) = 5.56%
      • Hippopotas ((3/54) x 100) = 5.56%
      • TOTAL: 38.89%
    • 5th Generation:
      • Mienfoo ((4/51) x 100) = 7.84%
      • Oshawott ((4/51) x 100) = 7.84%
      • Snivy ((4/51) x 100) = 7.84%
      • Drilbur ((3/51) x 100) = 5.88%
      • TOTAL: 29.41%
    • 6th Generation:
      • Noibat ((3/13) x 100) = 23.08%
      • Fennekin ((2/13) x 100) = 15.38%
      • Clauncher ((2/13) x 100) = 15.38%
      • TOTAL: 53.85%
    • 7th Generation: N/A
  • Most-Used Families Overall - ((85/163) x 100) = 52.15%
    • Ralts – 5
    • Turtwig – 4
    • Gligar – 4
    • Mienfoo – 4
    • Mudkip – 4
    • Riolu – 4
    • Scyther – 4
    • Oshawott – 4
    • Snivy – 4
    • Togepi – 3
    • Gible – 3
    • Chimchar – 3
    • Drilbur – 3
    • Magikarp – 3
    • Rotom – 3
    • Hippopotas – 3
    • Eevee – 3
    • Beldum – 3
    • Absol – 3
    • Snorunt – 3
    • Shinx – 3
    • Cyndaquil – 3
    • Sneasel – 3
    • (Noibat – 3) – 2 owned by Esen Windred
    • (Clamperl – 3) – All owned by Jamie Arthur
  • Most-Used Pokémon – (63/163) x 100 = 38.65%
    • Gardevoir - 4
    • Swampert – 4
    • Mienshao – 4
    • Gliscor – 4
    • Lucario – 4
    • Scizor - 4
    • Garchomp – 3
    • Togekiss – 3
    • Samurott – 3
    • Hippowdon – 3
    • Eevee – 3
    • Excadrill – 3
    • Rotom – 3
    • Luxray – 3
    • Servine – 3
    • Absol – 3
    • Weavile – 3
    • Froslass – 3
    • (Clamperl – 3) – All owned by Jamie Arthur
  • Overall Pokemon Representation
    • Unrepresented – (558/721) x 100 = 77.39%
    • Represented – (163/721) x 100 = 22.61%
  • Trainer Diversity
    • Most Unique Team (No Pokémon/Family used by other trainers in poll)
      • Shannon Willows
      • Luke
      • Ruth Fishers
      • Lachina Adaon
      • Victoire Coleman
    • Least Unique Team (All Pokémon/Family used by other trainers in poll)
      • James Arthur
      • Jackson Sang
      • Feral
      • Evan Tierra
      • Madison
      • Kinali
      • Xander Cruize
      • Alma Mason
Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for doing this by the way. Poor James, he has three of the biggest "repeat offenders". I really didn't mean to do that. I blame society...

Wait a sec, why no legends counted ;-;.

Time for my check list

Familes:

Gen 1: All of them

Gen 2: Togepi and Sneasel, yes; Cyndaquil and Gligar, no

Gen 3: All but Absol and Snorunt, and I'm the only reason Clamperl is on this list at all.

Gen 4: Chimchar and Hippopotas (and Rotom if you count Roddy)

Gen 5: Only Snivy if you count Roddy. None if you don't.

Gen 6: None.

Gen 7: N/A

Overall: Ralts, Mudkip, Scyther, Togepi, Chimchar, Magikarp, Hippopotas, Eevee, Beldum, Sneasel and ALL the Clamperls (Plus Rotom and Snivy if you count Roddy)

Individual Pokemon: Gardevoir, Swampert, Scizor, Togekiss, Hippowdon, Weavile and ALL the Clamperls (plus Rotom and Servine if you count Roddy).

I had a few conflicting thoughts on counting Legendaries, tbh. On the one hand, it'd be more accurate to count them when taking into account individual trainer teams, but on the other hand, there are some Legends that strictly are one-member only, like Landorus, so counting the frequency of those Legends doesn't make a lot of sense when there's only one individual of the species that can appear at all. But, I don't know--I might do a separate, Legends-only count at some point, just probably not any time soon. X3

Also, I want to make clear--the census isn't a way for me to call people out for not being original or anything. I was more interested in figuring out how many Pokéon overall have been used by notable characters, since it's something we've talked about in the past. Although it would be cool to diversify the number used by our main PCs, as far as the game world itself goes, in general we've been pretty good about using an array of Pokémon. :)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

About time I updated this, given it looks like my adoption of Jayron is going to be more than just a one-time subplot. I'm open to suggestions if you think I've misinterpreted the personalities of some of his Pokémon.

Username: Umbra of Doom (adopted by Konuju)

Name: Jayron Aaron

Faction: Team Liberty.

Hometown: Fuchsia City, Kanto

Age: 16 (15 at the start of the RPG; birthday apparently sometime between August and October?)

Appearance: Jayron dresses in a green suit jacket over a black shirt with dark gray pants. His green fedora covers his dark red/auburn hair. He tends to wear black, fingerless gloves, although these are often covered by a second pair of gloves that once belonged to Sir Aaron. He stands moderately tall for his age with brown eyes. He also carries a shoulder pack for items.

Personality: Jayron tends to be a helpful, cautious person. He has a calm attitude, even if a situation looks bad. He will often provide assistance when he's needed, though he prefers to travel alone (alongside his Pokémon). He is very knowledgeable about Pokémon and their strengths and weaknesses, although this can occasionally lead to overconfidence. He also cares for his Pokémon and prefers to avoid battles when his Pokémon aren't feeling up to it. As both an aura wielder and an executive, Jayron takes his responsibilities seriously. He tries to remain calm, even under the stresses of leadership. He has harbored a great dislike for Team Rocket ever since they destroyed his ninja school, but in the current ceasefire he sees Ford as a greater threat.

Background: Born in Fuchsia City, Jayron spent his early years at a ninja school under the training of Koga. One day Team Rocket found the school and destroyed it. Jayron fled the burning school and drifted out on a raft through the Seafoam Islands. Almost a month later, he found himself on a deserted island near the Sevii Islands. There he befriended a Riolu, who helped him find a way off the island. Jayron traveled with his new companion to Four Island, where he joined Team Liberty. It was there that he learned that he was distantly related to the legendary Sir Aaron (hence his last name). Throughout his time at Team Liberty Jayron helped recruit a number of Pokémon and trainers as part of Operation R.A.L.L.Y. while continuing to train himself and his now-evolved Lucario to master their aura powers. After showing exemplary work in a number of missions, Jayron was promoted to an executive within Team Liberty, a role he sees as more a responsibility than a title.

Pokémon: Lucario, Absol (Enhanced Shadow), Servine, Zweilous (Enhanced Shadow), Metagross, Swampert (Aqua), Weavile (Scythe), Sceptile (Leafy), Flygon, Mew, Mew (Midnight), Deoxys

Species: Lucario (male)

Nickname: none

Trainer: Jayron Aaron

Appearance: He bears a light-blue mark on each of his palms. The marks glow blue when he uses aura-based attacks.

Personality: Lucario first met Jayron as a Riolu on a deserted island by the Sevii Islands. Since then, the two have formed an unbreakable bond. They often communicate telepathically with each other and the rest of Jayron's Pokémon. Outside of Jayron, however, Lucario is rather quiet and tends to not speak his mind until he has gathered all the facts.

Ability: Steadfast

Specialty: As one of Jayron's most intelligent Pokémon, Lucario specializes in strategy. He has proven on more than one occasion that he can hold his own even without Jayron's help. Lucario taught Jayron's other Pokémon how to speak through telepathy, and has even commanded them in battle.

Known Moves: Aura Sphere, Bone Rush, Extremespeed, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Heal Pulse

Number of Battles: 18 (Old Topic (7+?), Energon (x2), Cianwood (x2), Litpoo (Munna), Weepth (Amber/Manectric (x2)), Rixy (Feraligatr), Viapois (Koga/Deoxys (x2)), Unown)

Species: Absol (female, Enhanced Shadow Pokémon)

Appearance: The oval on her head has a crimson mark in the center of it, matching the evil red glow of her eyes. Her fur was once a dark grey, but the darkness has faded somewhat as Jayron started to befriend her.

Personality: Despite Jayron's attempts to befriend her, Absol remains quiet and distant. She will fight when she is needed, but outside of combat she prefers to seclude herself.

Ability: Super Luck

Specialty: As an Enhanced Shadow Pokémon, Absol is capable of manipulating aura. She doesn't have enough control to use attacks like Aura Sphere, but she can sense auras well enough to give her an edge in battle by predicting opponents' moves.

Known Moves: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Double Team, Detect, Mean Look (egg move), Megahorn (egg move)

Number of Battles: 5 (Feraligatr, Liptoo (Munna), Rixy (Feraligatr), Viapois (Koga/Deoxys (x2)))

Species: Servine (female)

Appearance: Remains quite small for its species.

Personality: Servine has undergone extensive training with Scythe, Jayron's Weavile. As such, she has developed a somewhat serious take on battling, but remains friendly and energetic outside of battle.

Ability: Contrary

Specialty: Increased Special Attack

Known Moves: Leaf Tornado Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, Mirror Coat (egg move), Twister (egg move), Mega Drain, Wring Out

Number of Battles: 10 (Old Topic (4), Reward Evolution (+3 EXP), Rixy (Feraligatr), Viapois (Koga/Deoxys (x2)))

Species: Zweilous (female, Enhanced Shadow Pokémon)

Trainer: Name of trainer here

Appearance: A constant cloud of darkness hangs over her. Her aura burns a fiery purple.

Personality: As an Enhanced Shadow Pokémon, Zweilous was made for combat. She will often let her rage consume her, to the point that she will continue to attack her enemies long after they have been defeated. Jayron has tried to teach her to know when a battle is won, but Zweilous is hasty and her primal instincts combined with the enhanced shadow effect make her difficult to control.

Ability: Hustle

Specialty: Unlike Absol, Zweilous is not skilled with aura. As such she cannot use her Shadow abilities as well as Absol. Despite this, her raw power makes her one of the most powerful of the Shadow Pokémon.

Known Moves: Dragon Pulse, Roar, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse (egg move), Earth Power (egg move)

Number of Battles: 7 (Old Topic (4), Rixy (Feraligatr), Viapois (Koga/Deoxys (x2)))

Species: Metagross

Appearance: Has yellow eyes instead of red ones.

Personality: Metagross 'speaks' in clicks and beeps, making it difficult for the rest of the team to understand it. Lucario is the only one who understands what it's saying. Despite the communication barrier, Metagross is a bold Pokémon and extremely loyal to Jayron and the rest of the team.

Ability: Clear Body

Specialty: As a thousand-pound hunk of metal, Metagross specializes in hitting things. Hard. It can also take a beating, being one of Jayron's most defensive Pokémon.

Known Moves: Magnet Rise, Ice Punch, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hammer Arm, Iron Defense

Number of Battles: 12 (Old Topic (9+?), Rixy (Feraligatr), Viapois (Koga/Deoxys (x2)))

Species: Swampert (female)

Nickname: Aqua

Appearance: Aqua has bluish-green skin, the result of growing up in the waters around Evergrade City.

Personality: Jayron caught Aqua in Evergrande City when he was fishing. She's a jolly Pokémon and Jayron's main source of water transport. She can appear somewhat aloof but knows to be serious in battle.

Ability: Torrent

Specialty: Aqua specializes in physical attacks.

Known Moves: Mirror Coat (egg move), Waterfall, Mud Bomb, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Hammer Arm

Number of Battles: 16 (Old Topic (9+?), Energon (x2), Weepth (Amber/Manectric (x2)), Rixy (Feraligatr), Viapois (Koga/Deoxys (x2)))

Species: Weavile (female)

Nickname: Scythe

Appearance: Has larger ear feathers like a male Weavile, and has a scar on her side from a fight she lost with her pack.

Personality: Scythe was abandoned by her pack and forced to live on her own until Jayron found and saved her. The experience hardened her, but she learned to take her frustration and anger and focus it into her training. She is very serious and when she is not training herself, she will train Jayron's other Pokémon.

Ability: Pressure

Specialty: Like a ninja, Scythe specializes in speed and stealth. The scar on her side is a constant reminder of her frailty, and so she trains to take out her enemies before they have a chance to attack.

Known Moves: Night Slash, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Dig, Brick Break, Ice Punch

Number of Battles: 7 (Old Topic (7+?))

Species: Sceptile (male)

Nickname: Leafy

Appearance: Looks the same as a normal Sceptile.

Personality: Jayron received Leafy as an egg from a dying Liberty agent. Having been with Jayron since birth, Leafy has a deep trust in his trainer. When not in battle he is very relaxed and enjoys climbing the trees around Four Island.

Ability: Overgrow

Specialty: Jayron was able to train Leafy from birth, and he taught him the art of camouflage. Given almost any sort of greenery, Leafy can seemingly vanish, becoming one with his namesake.

Known Moves: Dragon Pulse, Energy Ball, X-Scissor, Quick Attack, Leaf Storm, Detect

Number of Battles: 16 (Old Topic (7+9+?))

Species: Flygon (male)

Appearance: Larger than normal, and slightly darker in color.

Personality: As a Trapinch he was very irritable and almost constantly in a bad mood about something or other. As a Flygon his personality has changed drastically. Now he has become docile and carefree.

Ability: Levitate

Specialty: As a Trapinch he couldn't fly, so naturally he spends most of his time enjoying his wings. He specializes in flying, being able to perform tricky aerodynamic movements at high speeds.

Known Moves: Dig, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Fire Punch, Screech, Sandstorm

Number of Battles: 16 (Old Topic (7+9+?))

Species: Mew

Trainer: Cyan Vero (befriended by Jayron Aaron)

Appearance: No difference

Personality: Mew is a very docile Pokémon. She was befriended by Cyan Vero, who helped protect her from Team Rocket. Although her bond with Cyan is stronger, she has befriended Jayron as well. Jayron holds a special flute that he can use to summon Mew in an emergency.

Ability: Synchronize

Specialty: Mew specializes in special attacks.

Known Moves: Psychic, Metronome, Transform, Aura Sphere, Heal Bell, Teleport

Number of Battles: ?

Species: Mew

Nickname: Midnight

Trainer: Jayron Aaron (OT Dara Trina)

Appearance: Has a crescent-shaped birthmark on the back of its head that sparkles.

Personality: Midnight was first found by Dara Trina in Cerulean Forest. Dara helped defend her when three Energon agents tried to capture and drain her. After Dara helped her regain her strength, the Mew decided to travel with her. This led her to Unova, where Dara left her in the care of Jayron Aaron. Jayron promised to protect her and gave her the nickname Midnight. Midnight is much more timid than Cyan's Mew, but she knows her strength and will step up to fight when she is needed.

Ability: Synchronize

Specialty: Having spent time in Jayron's care, Midnight has begun to develop her aura abilities. She has learned to read auras and manipulate her own to perform more advanced aura techniques like Aura Barrier and Aura Needles.

Known Moves: Metronome, Teleport, Aura Sphere, Psychic, Transform, Dazzling Gleam (TM move)

Species: Deoxys

Trainer: Name of trainer here

Appearance: No difference.

Personality: Jayron captured Deoxys on Iron Island with the help of Riley. He fought alongside Jayron during the Paradise battles, but the two didn't truly bond until Deoxys used Jayron's blood to heal himself. Now the two share an inseparable bond. Despite this, Deoxys is a lonely Pokémon. After spending so many years alone, he is not used to sharing such a close bond with someone, so he often spends time on his own.

Ability: Pressure

Specialty: Deoxys excels in special attacks.

Known Moves: Psychic, Hidden Power (Fighting), Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Zap Cannon, Recover

For the record, Midnight only had five moves listed so I added Dazzling Gleam, which helps differentiate her from Cyan's Mew. I debated whether or not to include Cyan's Mew in this list, but it was on Jayron's original wiki page and he does have that flute (before the Eon Flute was a thing!) so I figured I might as well just give it a profile. I don't intend on using all three legendaries at once, they're just listed for reference. I'm considering making Midnight his main legendary.

Edited by Konuju

• 5 weeks later...

Profile for Lucas~

Species: Cubone
Nickname: Lucas
Trainer: Claus Diamond
Appearance: The skull Lucas wears is of his father, a large jawed rock type.
Personality: Lucas is Lonely. Most of the time he appears stoic and aloof. A lot of the time he feels like he needs to cry. All the time he just wants to be with others.
Ability: Lightning Rod
Specialty: Lucas is very skilled with using the bone for physical attacks, but is also very dependent on it for any physical attack. Has a hidden potential.
Known Moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Tail Whip, Growl, Focus Energy, Draco Meteor (Special Egg move).

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

• 2 weeks later...
Species: Espurr

Nickname: Psyka

Trainer: Xander Cruize

Appearance: Psyka's eyes are blue instead of purple.

Personality: Psyka is a very independent creature, tending to do what she wants when she wants to do it. Having grown up in the wild, she didn't learn the concept of working together, and tends to be isolated from the group.

Ability: Infiltrator

Specialty: Attacking critical spots.

Known Moves: Confusion, Fake Out, Disarming Voice, Psyshock, Psybeam, Light Screen

Espurr "espurrfect." And is also approved.

Proposed Pokémon: Golurk

Appearance: Mega Golurk by Blood-Asp0123. Height roughly doubles upon Mega Evolving--average Golurk goes from 9'02" to 20".

Focus: Mega Golurk's focus is on maximizing its physical abilities. Its massive size increases its physical attacks at the cost of its special ones, while its upgraded Steel/Ghost-Typing and defensive stat boosts increase its ability to survive attacks from its opponents.

Type: Steel/Ghost

Mega Ability: Bulletproof

Stat Distribution:

-ATK: 124 > 154 (+30)

-SPA: 55 > 25 (-30)

-DEF: 80 > 130 (+50)

-SPD: 80 > 130 (+50)

-SPE: 55 > 55

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 4 weeks later...

The bug deserves a profile so here you go.

Species: Karrablast

Nickname: Agravain

Trainer: James Arthur

Appearance: Agravain has some bruises all over him from failed theft attempts. Bit shorter than average

Personality: Aspires to be a thief. Not especially skilled. Very suspicious looking and makes Rash decisions that make it hard for him to approach. Tends towards hero worship.

Ability: No Guard

Specialty: Good at giving and taking hits.

Known Moves: Megahorn (Egg Move, Unaffected by No Guard), Peck, Endure, False Swipe, Thief (special move), Bug Buzz

Also adding Lancelot's Sadism specialty to his profile

• 2 weeks later...

Nickname: Xana
Species: Xatu
Trainer: Ryan Hikari
Appearance: No changes
Personality: Xana is rather happy go lucky, and is pretty scatter-brained a lot of the time. However, she is cunning, and can use her powers to catch people off guard.

After her evolution, she's become much more of a team player, and tries to help the others in Ryan's team out when she can. She still can be rather cheeky when she wants to be, but knows now that there is a time and a place for everything.
Ability: Magic Bounce
Specialty: Special Attack +, Speed +, Priority +(Increased priority for attacks)
Known Moves: Confuse Ray, Teleport, Future Sight, Psychic, Tailwind, Ominous Wind

Added moves: Tailwind, Ominous Wind

Updated moves: Psychic(full power)

Edited by Destined Blade

The bug deserves a profile so here you go.

Species: Karrablast

Nickname: Agravain

Trainer: James Arthur

Appearance: Agravain has some bruises all over him from failed theft attempts. Bit shorter than average

Personality: Aspires to be a thief. Not especially skilled. Very suspicious looking and makes Rash decisions that make it hard for him to approach. Tends towards hero worship.

Ability: No Guard

Specialty: Good at giving and taking hits.

Known Moves: Megahorn (Egg Move, Unaffected by No Guard), Peck, Endure, False Swipe, Thief (special move), Bug Buzz

Also adding Lancelot's Sadism specialty to his profile

Dunno if this was ever approved. Also no Skype records asking about Megahorn not being affected by No Guard. It's not a problem but whaddup with that?

Nickname: Xana

Species: Xatu

Trainer: Ryan Hikari

Appearance: No changes

Personality: Xana is rather happy go lucky, and is pretty scatter-brained a lot of the time. However, she is cunning, and can use her powers to catch people off guard.

After her evolution, she's become much more of a team player, and tries to help the others in Ryan's team out when she can. She still can be rather cheeky when she wants to be, but knows now that there is a time and a place for everything.

Ability: Magic Bounce

Specialty: Special Attack +, Speed +, Priority +(Increased priority for attacks)

Known Moves: Confuse Ray, Teleport, Future Sight, Psychic, Tailwind, Ominous Wind

Added moves: Tailwind, Ominous Wind

Updated moves: Psychic(full power)

Looks good.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Updating Xander's and Jared's teams.

Nickname: Sylph
Species: Gardevoir
Trainer: Xander Cruize
Appearance: Missing left arm below the elbow.
Personality: Sylph has come out of her shell a lot since leaving Kalos, and is severely protective of her friends.

Ability: Telepathy

EXP: 8
Specialty: Sp. Atk+, More Powerful psychic attacks (Use more energy to deal extra damage/hit a larger area.)?
Known Moves: Psychic, Teleport, Heal Pulse, Moon Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Magical Leaf Imprison

Nickname: Anubis
Species: Lucario
Trainer: Jared Winter
Appearance: White Mask
Personality: Stoic and serious, Anubis is often a voice of reason to Jared.

Ability: Inner Focus

EXP: 7
Specialty: Change typing on Aura Sphere, No longer uses extra energy to do so?
Known Moves: Aura Sphere, Power-up Punch, Counter, Swords Dance, Metal Claw  Foresight, Bone Rush

Edited by Carbevoir

• 1 month later...

Finally managed to write this profile up! Fitting what Pokemon this is for...

Species: Slowpoke
Nickname: Slowra
Trainer: Lucia
Appearance: No differences.
Personality: Slowra is rather lazy, and would rather just lay about all day, unless it has other things to do.
Ability: Regenerator
Specialty: Special Attack +, Attack --, Defense +, Special Defense +, Speed - (Weaker attack and slower speed than most Slowpoke, but is able to take more hits and deal out stronger special hits)
Known Moves: Heal Pulse, Water Pulse, Confusion, Yawn, Rain Dance

Slooooooooooow in getting this approval out.

But Slowra looks good. Just gonna point out that she only has 5 moves, but at this point I trust that was intentional.

• 3 weeks later...

So hey, thought I'd mention I'm around again, and given that there's not really a convenient point to jump back in to the topic itself, I've been working on a short story for the short stories topic in the meantime (that's still a thing, right?).  Anyway, really enjoyed reading everything while getting caught up, and looking forward to seeing the rest of the Ford finale! :)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Welcome back, Flipz! Sorry for the late reply, Christmas and such. ^^" But glad to hear you're making a comeback. The short stories topic is most definitely still a thing (in fact, that reminds me that I still have a couple short stories of my own that I've been procrastinating....). Glad you had a fun read, I'll have to reread through some of the older stuff myself for nostalgia's sake. Cheers, and looking forward to your official return! ^_^

yo, Flipz.

Announcements as of my last post:

• Human powers (psychics, Aura, etc.) are slowly trickling back. In-game they'll be fully restored within a day.
  • Pokémon abilities/moves/powers/whatever are still deactivated for the time being.
  • Mega Evolution is unlocked but undiscovered.
  • Fairy-Type retcons from Gen 6 have now taken effect.
  • EXP per battle is permanently increased. See chart in the first post of the RPG topic.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png