Rise of the Rockets Discussion Topic

Parugi

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting Mr. Burks' sprite. Also Madison and Luke, once I make a final decision on their appearances. Those two are based on the Skier and Black Belt trainer classes, respectively.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Username: KNIName: Devin DeLongFaction: Team RocketHometown: KantoAge: 28Appearance: Devin's chest-length silver hair may make him stand out in some cases, but in most, it just lets him fade in with the background. Donning the regular black Team Rocket garb, it isn't uncommon for him to throw on a button-up shirt and an overcoat to disguise his allegiances in situations where they wouldn't help his situation. With blue-ish green eyes and sharp features, he isn't ugly, but he isn't outstandingly attractive. Broad-shouldered and built, Devin is the picture of a healthy young man.As a side note, he often wears sunglasses to further disguise his appearance.Personality: Not very talkative, Devin is the kind of person who'd be more comfortable in the rain than in the sun. Neither is he antisocial, however, as he will usually at least make an attempt to connect with people before writing them off. While he's close to his 'Mon, he recognizes them as less than human and treats them accordingly. This is not to say at all that he's abusive to them, he just acknowledges their inferiority to man.His views on his allegiance are common. He joined Team Rocket for power and convenience, and as such doesn't hold them in incredibly high regard or admire them and such. He's more than willing to let others' actions slide past his radar as long as they aren't very important.Background: Growing up in Kanto was easy and simple. Speak when you're spoken to, act only when acted towards. Devin's dyslexia, diagnosed early on, made it easy for him to stay silent, watch, and listen. As he grew up, however, this lifestyle wasn't as appealing. And so, he joined Team Rocket, becoming much more aggressive in personality. He became much different from the innocent child most everyone in his town. He let his hair hang down. He carried a gun. He chose Pokemon based on what he could do with their skills, rather than how they "connected" with him. He became a different person.Pokémon: Accelgor, Toxicroak, and PoliwagSpecies: AccelgorNickname: NoneTrainer: Devin DeLongAppearance: Identical to all others of its kind.Personality: Similar to his trainer, he stays quiet normally and never acts out. His goals are those that Devin has, no more, and no less.Ability: HydrationSpecialty: Accelgor is a speedy Pokemon, not actually striking many times, but using the strikes it does get very well, hitting hard.Known Moves: Baton Pass (egg move), Double Team, Power Swap, Guard Swap (egg move), U-turn, Quick AttackSpecies: ToxicroakNickname: NoneTrainer: Devin DeLongAppearance: Exceedingly normal-looking Toxicroak.Personality: Abrasive and acidic in personality, if Toxicroak was a person, he'd be rude and sarcastic.Ability: Dry SkinSpecialty: Does well in the rain, for obvious reasons. Quite physical in combat.Known Moves: Mud-Slap, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch, Cross Chop (egg move), Bullet Punch (egg move), PursuitSpecies: PoliwagNickname: NoneTrainer: Devin DeLongAppearance: Looks like DARTH VADUR. Jk, he's the same as all other Poliwags.Personality: Surprisingly cheerful in comparison to the rest of Devin's team, he's been with the trainer for the longest, and therefore they understand one another the best. However, with this comes a little bit of remorse at his trainer's harsh transformation from boyhood to a man, which he displays at times.Ability: Swift SwimSpeciality: An ace in the water and in rain.Known Moves: Moves: Ice Ball (egg move), Mud Shot, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse (egg move), Hypnosis, Mist (egg move)

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Public confirmation for Devin.

Konuju and JiMing--alrighty. *updates list*

On another note, I've updated the RPG's first post again with some new stuff--a section in the Factions for the Sins, as well as an expansion of the EXP section.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

• 3 weeks later...

I think that it should just be reiterated about waiting for X and Y for anything related to the games or Kalos or it's Pokemon, after today's CoroCoro leak; anyone else agree? ^^' Because I think I speak for everyone in saying that we want actual ideas of how these things work before jumping the gun, especially after Unova. =P

I cannot stress Blade's post enough (even though no one has jumped the gun on Gen 6 yet (thank yoouuu~~!!)) I am fine with people making allusions to some of the new additions (like the new type and region); that being said, please continue to refrain from actually using any Generation 6 material in the RPG until October--a lot of the new stuff (today's reveal, for one, along with a number of changes to previous Pokémon types) will require more than a simple retcon to bring in, in addition to the lack of information regarding how they actually work, so I'd prefer it if you guys left that to me--as things stand, my current plans should accommodate those changes well enough. :)

On a semi-related note--I've put links to our various spin-off pages around the web into the first post of this topic. If you guys need something else to occupy your time until X and Y come out, you might consider working on our Wiki or TV Tropes page. :P

Edited by Ringmaster Lyxek

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 2 months later...

*rebooting*

ok done. reposting profile

Username: The X

Name: Arius Jacobson (Goes by Jacob)

Faction: N/A

Hometown: Originally Vaniville Town in the Kalos region, currently lives in Sandgem town.

Appearance: Arius is actually quite short for an 18-year-old, topping out at only 5’ 8”. His buzzcut-style blond hair almost makes him look bald from a distance. His eyes are a blue-green color, and normally have a pair of glasses in front of them. He tends to wear a plain white t-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers.

Personality: A very intelligent individual academically, Arius can work out issues very quickly. He is quite talkative as well, spouting off facts he learned from all his reading. He prefers not to battle with his pokemon, as he would rather battle with words. Despite that, Arius still is relatively skilled in battle.

Background: Originally born in the Kalos region, Arius lived there until he turned 11. Which, just so happened to be right after he started his adventures out into the world. Most normal kids do that by asking, but Arius decided to run out on his own and catch a few pokemon. Which he succeeded in doing, of course. How? It doesn’t matter. His parents, after giving him a good scolding, go to Sinnoh to be with a terminally ill grandfather. After staying there for months consoling Arius’s grandfather, they decided it would be best to live there. So they did, and Arius has lived a pretty uneventful life since then. Now, he actually is going out to do stuff, and this time he has his parents’ permission to do so.

Pokémon: Espurr, Honedge

Species: Espurr

Nickname: Eyes

Trainer: Arius Jacobson

Appearance: Just a normal Espurr, except its eyes are an especially soulless dull gray.

Personality: All Eyes does is stare at you. Stares right into your soul with her soulless eyes. That’s about all.

Ability: Keen Eye

Specialty: Eyes has the uncanny ability of creeping out other pokemon with that dead-looking stare of hers. Oh, and she’s good at special attack as well.

Known Moves: Confusion, Disarming Voice, Covet, Psyshock

Species: Honedge

Nickname: Hexcalibur

Trainer: Arius Jacobson

Appearance: Hexcalibur looks exactly like a normal Honedge.

Personality: Very energetic and ready for action, Hexcalibur always is ready for battle.

Ability: No Guard

Specialty: He’s a sword. What do swords do, other than cut things?

Known Moves: Shadow Sneak, Slash, Swords dance, Aerial Ace, Sacred Sword, Fury Cutter

thar

Edited by Ehks

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I'm having trouble getting my profile in my cahce, mostly because I don't know how to, so, it may be a bit

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

So, I've been halfway toying with the idea of getting back in on this. I'm feeling surprisingly RPG-ready for the moment.

So, here's the profile of the character I didn't actually use.

If anything needs to be revised in accordance with new guidelines or events, please let me now

Username: Geardirector

Name: Ratchet Gordon

Faction: None at the moment, but he wants to join Team Liberty when he gets older.

Hometown: LittleRoot Town, Hoenn

Appearance: Ratchet is of average build; with short, dirty blonde hair and green eyes. Ratchet overall appears very clean and well-tended. Everything he owns is brand new.

Ratchet wears a blue, usually unzipped sweatshirt, a white T-shirt, a black cap outlined in white, gray shoes and blue jeans. He carries a brown handbag and a gray backpack.

Personality: Ratchet is a quiet and calm individual, with a buried passion for pokémon battling, with a mindset of always taking the time to think before acting in a battle, or at least remain calm and focused. He's always willing to help those in need and never backs down from a challenge.

He can be a bit asocial, and has an easier time connecting with pokémon than humans. He also has difficulty believing that people can change, so if he gets a negative impression of somebody, it's going to be hard to convince him otherwise.

Ratchet is very independent, and dislikes accepting help from others, he wants to prove both to himself and to his overbearing parents that he can handle himself better than they think.

Background: Ratchet is the only child of some very overbearing and influential parents (in short: they’re stinkin’ rich), and they sent him to Unova to begin his pokémon journey, as “there’s no way our son shall have to grow up without experiencing the same dream we did”

Essentially, they stuck him in Unova because they’re paranoid.

Ratchet has decided to do something productive, and challenge the Unova League.

Ratchet wants to join Team Liberty when he’s older, and wants to prove to his parents that he can take care of himself

Pokémon:

Species: Sceptile

Nickname: Forrest

Trainer: Ratchet Gordon

Appearance: Forrest is slightly taller than the average Sceptile, and has dark red irises. He also sports a slightly darker skin tone.

Personality: Forrest is quite similar to Ratchet in regards to mannerisms; calm and collected, but with a stubborn streak that often comes into play when he suffers a humiliating defeat. He is the leader of the group, keeps Ratchet’s pokémon together when he can’t

Ability: Overgrow

Specialty: Forrest excels at speed and attack, but his defenses are rather low. In short, if you get a clean shot, exploit it like there ain’t no tomorrow.

Known Moves: DragonBreath (egg move), Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, Detect, Mega Drain, Agility

Species: Deino

Nickname: Buster

Appearance: Buster is a lot fuzzier than your average Deino, and is, if possible even more blinded by all the hair in his face. He kind of makes up for this with much better hearing and smell, though.

Personality: Buster is extremely mischievous, and loves to play pranks, doesn’t matter who, he just does. He is very eager in battle and loves a good squabble. So much so that he doesn’t put it past himself to headbutt his trainer now and then.

Ability: Hustle

Specialty: Buster is a veritable Tank… if he actually hits. His greatest weakness is his lack of sight. Ratchet has attempted to remedy this by helping Buster learn how to use his hearing and smell.

Known Moves: Headbutt, Bite, Dragon Rage, Roar, Focus Energy, Work Up

Species: Joltik

Nickname: Wattsy

Appearance: Wattsy is very similar to your basic Joltik, the main difference being that one of his eyes, the smaller one in the top left, is damaged, a scar being the only trace of the Beartic that hurt him.

Personality: Wattsy can be summed up in two words; cheerful and carefree. He’s a brash risk-taker who always has a smile ready. He will never leave his trainer’s side and absolutely refuses to associate with ice-types, given his experience with Beartic.

Ability: Compoundeyes

Specialty: Joltik is fast, really fast, and extremely agile. However his attack power is only intermediate. Meaning his best bet is to wear an opponent down.

Known Moves: Thunder Wave, Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Gastro Acid, Slash, Signal Beam

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Username: Mega Man REBOOT
Name: Zac Blazer
Faction: Team Liberty
Hometown: Nuvema Town
Appearance: Zac has white skin, hazel eyes, brown hair, and has a lnaky, skinny physique, but is very healthy despite his physique, reaching a height of 6 feet now. He wears a red had with the front being white, a plaid, red flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, unbuttoned with a white t-shirt underneath, blue jeans, black sneakers, black, fingerless gloves with red sleeves as well as an odd ring on his left wrist.
Personality: Zac is a very kind hearted, brave and creative young man, using his knowledge as a trainer to lead to the top. He is a bit oblivious, which leads people to believe he is not all that smart, but they are blown away when they see his dedication in battle, as well as his knowledge. He does have a sense of justice, which often gets a bit overheated with his temper that has been developing overtime, often making his justice more passionate than needed.
Background:
A trainer for the past six years, Zac has been traveling all of the regions for several years. He started his journey with Z-pup, his first Pokemon, who was given to him as a gift by his grandfather, and soon, the two went on an adventure together to be the best, collecting new members to their team. When he was 15, he joined Liberty and went to Sinnoh to get his old home back. He made his was towards Johto, where he met Shade, a Darkrai that would help him out on his quest. He went back to Unova after news in Castelia City, where he met other trainers that were on his side, and eventually joined a tournament being held in the region.
After the tournament, he and his team headed back on their main priority, getting Sinnoh back. He made it to the region, where he was attacked by a mad man, who almost killed them several times, with Shade and his father's pokemon, Bladesman, trying to defend his life. The group met up with a group of trainers and the Battle Tycoon, Palmer, who were trying to save the region as well. Zac wished to join them, and eventually, they managed to help get Sinnoh back, and defeat the Ancients.
After that endeavor, Zac went back on his journies, but instead, headed to Kalos, getting a few new members to his team, and also officially adding Shade to his team, and yet again began his quest to beat the league of that region. However, even after taking care of five of the gym leaders, Zac wanted to be sure they would be prepared for the Kalos Region elite Four, so, he went back to the other regions and went to train more there with his new team, starting off in Kanto
Equipment:
-TMS: Wil-O-Whisp, Toxic, Power UP Punch, Iron Tail, Shadow Claw
-Full Restores x20 (cuurently)
-Revives x15
-Lum Beriies x10
-Revival Herbs x13
-Quick Balls x10
((That should explain Zac's disappearance in the RP))
Species: Growlithe
Nickname: Z-Pup
Trainer: Zac Blazer
Appearance: Regular Growlithe, often with a red hat on his head.
Personality: One of Zac's loyal Pokemon, Z-Pup has been by his side for many years. He is stubborn and has a passionate heart for battling, ready to help out his master no matter what.
Ability: Flash Fire
Specialty: Physical Attacks, Good speed.
Known Moves:
-Flare Blitz*Egg Move
-Wild Charge *TM
-Iron Tail *TM
-Flame Wheel
-Crunch
-Reversal
Species: Pancham
Nickname: Po
Appearance: A normal Pancham, but with a Black Belt *ITEM* tied around his waist
Personality: Very rowdy and cocky, Po is one of Zac's new additions from the Kalos Region, he is very showy, but has high respect for Zac and Z-Pup.
Ability: Mold Breaker
Specialty: Physical Moves, Good Defense, uses mainly his fists.
Known Moves:
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Arm Trust
-Power Up Punch*TM
Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Shade
Appearance: Normal
Personality: At first, Shade was rather cold and sarcastic to Zac, but eventually, grew a likeness and respect for him, especially after the skirmish with the Ancients.
Ability: Bad Dreams
Specialty: Very powerful in Special Attack moves, as well as using status changing attacks like Wil-O-Whisp and Dark Void.
Known Moves:
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Thunder
-Wil-O-Whisp *TM
-Toxic *TM
*Shade/Darkrai allowed by Parugi
Species: Gallade
Nickname: Bladesman
Trainer: Todd Blazer (Originally), Zac Blazer
Appearance: Wears a red scarf around his neck.
Personality: Wise, Intelligent and loyal, Bladsman acts as a body guard for Zac, per request of his original trainer, Todd.
Ability: Steadfeast
Speciality: Close in attacks, having high phyiscal attacks and good speed.
Known Moves:
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Heal Pulse
-Swords Dance
Species: Braviary
Nickname: Valor
Personality: Originally shy and relluctant, becoming Braviary has made Valor much more bold and brave, willing to take a hit and his life for his trainer and his fellow pokemon.
Ability: Sheer Power
Speciality: Ariel Attacks, Hit and run
Known Moves:
-Sky Drop
-Brave Bird
-Thrash
-Shadow Claw
-Hone Claws
-Defog
Species: Totodile
Nickname: Bite
Personality: Wild, hyper, and cheerful are the best words to describe Bite. Bite is always full of energy, and this coupled with his biting habbit, make him considered a nuisance for most people.
Ability: Torrent
Speciality: A mixture of close in attacks, as well as special attacks
Known Moves:
-Aqua Tail
-Crunch
-Hydro Pump
-Screech
-Ice Fang
-Flail

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Geardirector: Profile looks good. Welcome back! ^_^

Zacax/X: Thanks for reposting so quickly!

sonyaxe: Thank Google. xp

Everyone: Unfortunately, my X and Y announcement was completely lost in the hack (as you cannot open cached spoiler tags,) but that's okay. I'll just repost the main points here.

1. For the time being, Mega Evolutions will not appear in the RPG.
  2. Type retcons to old Pokémon (Clefairy line, Snubble line, etc.) also do not apply.
  3. New Pokémon, Type Chart changes, Move Type changes, and the addition of Fairy-Type overall do apply/can now appear.
  4. Kalos can be visited, but do not shift the main plot over there. The faster things move in the Kanto regions (the Sins, primarily,) the faster type retcons and Mega Evolutions will come into play.
  5. On top of that, treat Kalos with more respect than Unova was shown.

That was basically the gist of it, I think. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

There was a period of time where several large plots (the Silvermind Rescue operation, the Maddison Hayes Terrorism plot, the "Black" Hikari Conspiracy,) occurred in Unova. The first completely derailed the main plot for what turned out to be one of RotR's worst anticlimaxes ever; the latter two were related to the main plot, but ended up causing massive damage to, in total, a third or so of Unova (Castelia was destroyed in one case, and more or less the entire south-east portion in the second.)

So, what I'm saying is, I'm not going to approve any massive Kalos plots right now given that it's still a new region, particularly if those plots involve the destruction of cities.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Right about now; though I'm not really doing that well, what with my laptop being so slow in loading these pages that I started loading everything at around 8, and just caught up in the two RotR topics now, at 8:40. =|For the record guys, I won't be on Steam, especially at this moment. =P Could try something like Chromium or so, but I think it's just my laptop in general...Also, while the posts weren't saved as far as I recall, I know exactly what was happening, and we were just heading out to Slateport. In a way, it's a good thing that I was slacking off. =P

Yeah... What Blade said about that. X3

As far as the transcripts go--everything but Page 116 and the missing content from the Discussion Topic has been transcribed at this point. Unfortunately, among the completely lost material were the posts continuing yours and Blades' plot, among other things. :/

I should probably clarify what all was actually lost. The caches on Google contained the following:

-Page 115: 30 of the 40 posts on this page; it cuts off in the middle of one of Mango's evolution profiles. What was lost included a section of the conversation between Jenny and Kyle immediately after Evan had collapsed, as well as

-Page 116: Everything from this page was saved.

-Page 117: The first four posts on this page were saved; everything else was lost. Off the top of my head, that means that the confrontation between everyone and Vert was lost; Vert's offer to let James A. test out the Normal-Type suit and everything else related to that; the small Rocket group's conversation with Joker; the re-introduction of Zac and other characters and their meeting; were all lost.

-Page 118: Only the first post from this page was saved.

So, in all, about 60~ posts were lost.

Having said that--anyone who can help either list things that happened on pages 115/117/118 and/or help summarize those things would earn my eternal thanks.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

The stuff on Page 117 includes some of the Ray/Sonja battle, from what I recall. There wasn't much too important on that, that can't just be recalled, though. =PThat said, Zac and the others were introduced on page 118, from what I recall, or at least there were a lot of the conversation there.The plot with Zach and Aspen and co is easy enough to remember, though. =P

Well, there are a few minor changes since I couldn't find the original profile, but I think it is better.

Username: sonyaxe

Name: Jake Harris

Faction: None

Hometown: Jubilife City

Appearance: Jake has fair skin, with startlingly green eyes and messy dark brown hair. He is about 5’8, and has average muscle tone. He wears blue jeans, a white t-shirt under a black sleeveless vest, and black running shoes. He also wears a green baseball cap that has a half-pokeball design on the front.

Personality: Jake is usually calm, cool, and collected. He is also competitive and a perfectionist. Jake has a formidable mind and loves mental games. He loves his Pokemon as if they were his family, although that doesn’t stop his love of battles.

Background: Jake came from a privileged family. He got to see the world, try exotic foods, and generally had an amazing life for the first 12 years of his life. He received a Pichu from his parents as a gift for his 10th birthday, and it evolved quickly into a Pikachu with how strong their bond of friendship was. However, he was forced to stay at home and not leave to go on his Pokemon Journey because his parents were overprotective of him from an accident on his father's journey.. For his 12th birthday, he received a Squirtle when they visited the Kanto region from Professor Oak. It hadn’t been picked by any of the trainers, and wanted to go, so Professor Oak entrusted him with it. However, that was one of the last things he did with his family. His father was delayed in getting onto the plane flight back to Jubilife, so he had to catch another plane, which blew up from engine failure after it hit the ground. Ever since, Jake’s mother has sunk deeper and deeper into depression, and eventually attempted suicide. She lived, but Jake decided to run. He grabbed his father’s Charmeleon’s pokeball, some supplies, and ran away along route 202 in Sinnoh.

Equipment: 2 Pokeballs, 10 potions.

Pokémon: Pikachu, Squirtle, Machop, and Charmeleon.

Species: Pikachu

Nickname: None

Trainer: Jake Harris

Appearance: Pikachu looks almost exactly like a normal Pikachu except his fur sticks up at random places.

Personality: Pikachu is a prankster that, while he doesn't exactly hate his pokeball, he won’t go in without a good reason. Pikachu usually sits on Jake’s head while traveling. He also frequently gets in arguments with Charmeleon over petty things.

Ability: Lightning Rod

Specialty: Speed

Known Moves: Volt Tackle (egg), Iron Tail (Tutor), Thunderbolt, Electroball, Agility, Quick Attack.

Battles: 2

Species: Squirtle

Appearance: He looks exactly like a normal Squirtle.

Personality: Squirtle has a moderate personality and usually mediates arguments between Pikachu and Charmeleon. He loves battles and is extremely competitive.

Ability: Rain Dish

Specialty: Withstanding large amounts of damage

Known Moves: Water Gun, Rapid Spin, Bite, Aqua Tail, Withdraw, Rain Dance.

Species: Charmeleon

Appearance: He has a battle scarred appearance, but there is a fire in his eyes for battle.

Personality: Charmeleon has an extremely serious outlook on life and is overprotective of Jake because he couldn’t save his original trainer, who was Jake’s father. He also doesn’t tolerate mistakes, from himself or others.

Ability: Blaze

Specialty: Attack Damage

Known Moves: Flamethrower, Flame Burst, Fire Fang, Dragon Rage, Flare Blitz (Egg), Thunder Punch (Tutor)

Species: Machop

Appearance: A normal looking Machop, but with larger leg muscles than most.

Personality: Always looking for a fight and ready to try most new things. Likes having friends, but is serious when needed.

Ability: Guts

Specialty: Although it is very, very strong it is very agile and flexible.

Known Moves: Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Focus Energy, Seismic Toss, Bullet Punch (Egg)Quick Guard (Egg).

Battles: 3

Edited by sonyaxe

Species: Braviary

Nickname: Jet

Trainer: Aspen Seaton

Appearance: No different from a normal Braviary.

Personality: Brash and always itching for a fight, Jet is very arrogant. However, he holds deep respect for Aspen and will follow his commands no matter what.

Ability: Defiant

Specialty: Has extremely strong attack, but rather low defenses.

Known Moves: Aerial Ace, Tailwind, Crush Claw, Superpower, Sky Drop, U-Turn (TM move)

Caught during the timeskip, will have a profile for Olivia's Vibrava soon...

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Don't forget to put that in the post containing Aspen's profile, JiMing. =)

In other news--we've finished transcribing everything that we have from the main topic, and I just PMed a fourth of the entire document to both Konuju and Hades to be edited into their buffer posts. My own posts have already been edited with the other half. Tomorrow I'll work on the discussion topic caches, which shouldn't take nearly as long to get done.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

There's a group of Rocket Agents in Johto, but that's all, as far as I know. As for Unova--like Blade, I don't think anyone else is there, but I have a free character that I could send over there.

Sonyaxe: The Sinnoh (and Kanto, Hoenn, and Johto) leagues have all been essentially nonfunctional for the majority of the RPG, but I would imagine that in the time skip, they would have begun to re-establish the leagues.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Typically it'll be either Blade or me, but anyone can help out with that so long as they are able to keep the GL's personality consistent and accurate. Personally, I would either ask for someone specific in an OOC comment when the battle starts, or just ask OOCly if anyone would be interested in controlling them for you.

Alternatively, you could always control the GL yourself, but that's not as fun. x3

Also, another thing to keep in mind is that some GLs have died over the course of RotR. Most of these will have been noted in the RPG's main post, so be sure to check the list of recruited GLs to see if they are actually still alive.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, wait a second, you're Iskandar, aren't you? Sorry, I didn't recognize you with the name and avatar change. :confused:

Well, I'm working on a Dack IC to progress the Heatran plot; I should have it up this weekend or early next week. On a semi-related note, I'll also be progressing Ellen's plot, since she's done literally nothing since about July or August.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guy, sorry for my disappearance--I got occupied with Pokémon Y whilst attempting to banish writer's block. 'twas not pretty. I will be posting soon, though, so stay tuned!

Konuju--Unfortunately, Iskander/Unto the Bleach announced in the Skype chat that he is leaving the RPG indefinitely. It may be best to simply drop his character off somewhere and continue on your way. :/

On a larger note--I'm not sure how many people have noticed, but due to the massive post code failure a week or two ago, the majority of the posts in both RotR and this topic has been messed up. B6 says that they may have a fix for this, but I just want to put it out there that, one, if it doesn't work, then we're unfortunately going to have a massive repair job on our hands; and two, I (also unfortunately) cannot update the RPG's first post with any new information until this gets fixed.

So, yeah. Needless to say, I hope this gets fixed soon. :/ But, hopefully, this won't affect the actual role-playing aspect of the game too much, as big of an inconvenience as it is.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I was afraid I might have to do that. :/

It's strange, initially Dack's plot was the one I had most developed. But for the last 4 months or so he's just been sitting on the backburner while I progressed Ryan's plot and made plans for Ellen. And now I find that while I have the overarching plot for Dack planned out, I still need to work out some of the finer details. Anyway, I should have some fairly large Ellen ICs in the coming days.

Also yeah, I have noticed the messed up posts. Luckily it doesn't seem to be too big of a problem, it just makes things harder to read.

I also noticed that some of the cached posts we replaced have some spacing issues, but it only seems to be the ones I edited into my post and the posts I retrieved from the old Page 116. I'm not sure if that's related to the other messed up posts or a problem on my end...

Edited by Konuju

Species: Vibrava

Nickname: Dune

Trainer: Olivia Seaton

Appearance: Tail wings are slightly larger than normal.

Personality: Entergetic and excitable, Dune is always itching for a fight. Though he obeys Olivia's commands, he is actually quite friendly and sociable.

Ability: Levitate

Specialty: Dune's speed is his strength, like other Vibrava.

Known Moves: SonicBoom, Sand Tomb, Bulldoze, Faint Attack, DragonBreath, Rock Slide

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...