Bionicle Websites to be Shut Down

I was pleasantly surprised to still find Gravity Hurts up there. Glad I got that out of the way.

Honestly, I think it's a relief that this day has come. I've seen a lot of phases on this site since the cancellation, and I guess it's time to finally shut down the site. It had a great run, the 2003 site layout was amazing, but I guess all good things come to an end.

I've been wondering when they were going down for a while. It makes me very sad. I have no doubt our heroic fans will rescue the important stuff, though.

As a matter of fact, the backup is currently 95% done. After that, all that's left to do is add a massive notice saying "Uhhmmm hey we don't own this stuff, so please don't sue us, mmmkay?", and upload everything.

iquXD5X.png

This would be a great time, legality permitting, to post the full Journey's End on Bioniclesector01...

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Frankly, I'm not surprised. It's been almost three years since the setline ended, and the storyline has been good as dead for about one and a half. I have my own opinions to voice, but I think I may do that later. This may be the perfect time to write another opinion piece for the front page.

... Well, now I'm ticked.Still, it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

The fat lady has practically sung an opera by now. This is just the final encore.

How well will you die?

As long as there are BZP and BS01, Bionicle will still be alive. Even if they die, as long as one fan remembers it fondly it will still be alive.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

It had to happen, sooner or later, and frankly, I can't blame LEGO for it. Honestly, I don't really care too much, all significant content has been saved elsewhere and plus, there is still the Wayback Machine and as long as they keep the domains or at least the BIONICLE.com domain it's okay, though I guess this confirms BIONICLE isn't going to return anytime soon.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Kohran, if you classify alive as breathing and having a beating heart then Bionicle was never alive. If you accept that I'm speaking metaphorically that it will not die until it is forgotten by all.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Okay, currently I've backup up all the Podcasts, essentially finishing the complete backup of BionicleStory.com

The bots are still running on the main site itself, though that shouldn't take all that long anymore. Since it's nearly 1 AM, it's about time I drop unconscious on this incredibly soft surface which conveniently happens to be my bed. So yeah, except everything to be uploaded sometime tomorrow. Well, technically today, but still, tomorrow.

iquXD5X.png

Okay, currently I've backup up all the Podcasts, essentially finishing the complete backup of BionicleStory.com

The bots are still running on the main site itself, though that shouldn't take all that long anymore. Since it's nearly 1 AM, it's about time I drop unconscious on this incredibly soft surface which conveniently happens to be my bed. So yeah, except everything to be uploaded sometime tomorrow. Well, technically today, but still, tomorrow.

Are you archiving the 2007 version of the site as well? I loved that layout.

Kohran, if you classify alive as breathing and having a beating heart then Bionicle was never alive. If you accept that I'm speaking metaphorically that it will not die until it is forgotten by all.

The point I'm trying to make is that remembering something doesn't keep it alive. Someone or something 'dies', either literally or metaphorically, when they/it stops living, or being active, or existing (whichever phrase you find appropriate). When it stops being remembered, what dies is the memory of it, not it itself.

Bionicle was a franchise of sets and story. Its "being alive" was when sets were on shelves and story was being told. Now the sets have vanished and the story is stagnant, hence Bionicle is dead.

Now, of course everyone who loved the line shouldn't forget about it. Also, unlike human beings, there's the possibility of it one day being alive again.

The point I'm trying to make is that remembering something doesn't keep it alive. Someone or something 'dies', either literally or metaphorically, when they/it stops living, or being active, or existing (whichever phrase you find appropriate). When it stops being remembered, what dies is the memory of it, not it itself.

Bionicle was a franchise of sets and story. Its "being alive" was when sets were on shelves and story was being told. Now the sets have vanished and the story is stagnant, hence Bionicle is dead.

Now, of course everyone who loved the line shouldn't forget about it. Also, unlike human beings, there's the possibility of it one day being alive again.

Whats the saying? Something like, someone is never truly dead as long as some one remembers them. I agree that its an opinion in that matter but then so is yours saying its not alive. It has ended, that is very true, but I like to think it is alive in some way, shape or form. Heck, there is masses amounts of creativity still being driven out from its "corpse". If that doesnt say something then I dont know what will.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I agree with CC. I think, Kohran, that Bionicle is alive with the fandom, if not so much with the official sites or products. If Bionicle was well and truly completely dead, then why would we be here still? :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

There are few things that had quite the impact on me as Bionicle. It was my first obsession, my first rpg, and my first big, wild world to explore. Most importantly, though, with Mask of Light, it inspired me to pursue animation as a career. In fact, I still want to make an animation about it, someday. I remember visiting the web sites for quite a while. I remember one of the first splash pages with Lewa. I remember the Flash shorts from 2002-3. As time passed, more things were added. Music and audio-stories joined the mix, and ultimately the separate story page was born. I am not as nostalgic for the story page, but I did find it interesting at times. I am going to miss the site, but I will never forget my fond memories.

Edited by Kim of Sunshine

As long as there are BZP and BS01, Bionicle will still be alive. Even if they die, as long as one fan remembers it fondly it will still be alive.

Many people fondly remember Johnny Cash, Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse; does that mean they're still alive?

I'm gonna go ahead and say Michael Jackson Isn't dead, he just went home.

This is kinda "meh" for me. There's not much useful there anymore, but it's a little sad.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Whats the saying? Something like, someone is never truly dead as long as some one remembers them. I agree that its an opinion in that matter but then so is yours saying its not alive. It has ended, that is very true, but I like to think it is alive in some way, shape or form. Heck, there is masses amounts of creativity still being driven out from its "corpse". If that doesnt say something then I dont know what will.

I agree with CC. I think, Kohran, that Bionicle is alive with the fandom, if not so much with the official sites or products. If Bionicle was well and truly completely dead, then why would we be here still?

Well, if you're happier thinking that Bionicle is still alive, then I won't go on about it. But I'd still say that - as a matter of fact, not opinion - Bionicle itself is dead.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Michael Jackson Isn't dead, he just went home.

I thought that was Elvis? :P

This is it then.

All videos on both sites are disponible both on Youtube and on BIOsector01, and the games are available on the BioMedia Project.

The stories are also on BIOsector, but still, I'll miss the sites.

Currently doing screenshots of bioniclestory.com, will put them in a Brickshelf gallery.

:-(

Edited by aljarreau

Currently waiting for the DNS to propagate and the host to enable mod_expires, while I'm applying the previously mentioned changed to the files.

BionicleStory.com will be the first to be uploaded, as it's the least work to do - not a massive amount of translations, nor a header that needs to be removed on every single place, which both have to be done with Bionicle.com

iquXD5X.png

I agree with CC. I think, Kohran, that Bionicle is alive with the fandom, if not so much with the official sites or products. If Bionicle was well and truly completely dead, then why would we be here still? :lol:

Hero Factory. Lego in general. A close-knit community.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Currently waiting for the DNS to propagate and the host to enable mod_expires, while I'm applying the previously mentioned changed to the files.

BionicleStory.com will be the first to be uploaded, as it's the least work to do - not a massive amount of translations, nor a header that needs to be removed on every single place, which both have to be done with Bionicle.com

What will the URL be?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

If you are under the illusion that Bionicle is not discussed here, then you are quite mistaken. In fact, my primary reason for being here is to discuss Bionicle; I suspect I'm not alone.

If you are under the illusion that Bionicle is not discussed here, then you are quite mistaken. In fact, my primary reason for being here is to discuss Bionicle; I suspect I'm not alone.
Of course Bionicle is discussed here. So are other things. Just because YOU don't come here for those things doesn't mean BZPower would screech to a halt even if all Bionicle discussion ceased entirely. Presuming "Bionicle is still alive if BZP is" ignores the fact that many members have moved past Bionicle's end, and have no interest in prolonging its "life".

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is sad news, especially because this means that the serials will never be published (unless by Greg in a non-official way). It may be time to no longer rely on Greg or anybody, we (especially the BZPower community) should unite, take the story, and continue with it on our own.
If we want to preserve Bionicle, we can not wait for someone else to do it for us. For some time I have realized that LEGO is not going to make any effort (and makes sense). We should not see this as a final death for Bionicle, but as an opportunity to take it under our care.
Lots of fan communities are kept alive by the fans themselves; it is an example we should follow.

banner.png

deriahk_by_diebeq5b-d3gqq4a.png

I know I left but because of how dire the sitation is...

As for me, I don't really care, considering all of the 2001-2010 media have already been ripped and saved.

Still, it's a shame. I'm working on a rip of the BIONICLE.com site which is coming along pretty good, just some CSS that is refusing to work. Should be done in a day or two. It should stream right, while not sure if it will work as a download quite right.. (JMMB already made a rip of BIONICLEStory.com)

Also, to me it is like LEGO is saying "Stop bugging us. Let this show you we won't bring it back"

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter

-G u u R a h K

Frankly, I'm not surprised. It's been almost three years since the setline ended, and the storyline has been good as dead for about one and a half. I have my own opinions to voice, but I think I may do that later. This may be the perfect time to write another opinion piece for the front page.

... Well, now I'm ticked.Still, it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

The fat lady has practically sung an opera by now. This is just the final encore.

Pretty much, and this is why I don't really care.

Had this been a sudden thing, like we'd been getting all this story content and suddenly OH NO IT'S GONE then I'd mind, but as it stands they may as well have taken bionicle.com proper off in summer 2010 and bioniclestory.com sometime in 2011.

Bionicle's dead, guys. There's no point in wasting time moaning about it.

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

To be honest I rarely used the Bionicle website, and never found any fun or engagement on the site. I used Bioniclestory even less so. I never read the serials, except maybe the first sentence on one while patrolling pages on BS01. And even since Bionicle reached its end in 2010, I don't even see a need in going to the sites, really. :confused:

Of course Bionicle is discussed here. So are other things. Just because YOU don't come here for those things doesn't mean BZPower would screech to a halt even if all Bionicle discussion ceased entirely. Presuming "Bionicle is still alive if BZP is" ignores the fact that many members have moved past Bionicle's end, and have no interest in prolonging its "life".

I can vouch for this. The last time I had a real discussion about Bionicle here was... never, actually. Even on the old forums, most anything I posted was in LEGO General Discussion. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

i thought these sites went down a long while ago actually

though it's kinda inevitable considering that space takes money and it'd be more cost efficient to just recycle the space to use for other themes than pay for more space

"Whither is Bionicle?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed it - you and I. All of us are its murderers."

You know, I wonder how people will react to the actual Nietzsche quote though it is written in a book of fiction so take that as you will.

On the subject at hand I was wondering when they would shut the Bionicle website down. Frankly I'm okay with it since nothing was ever updated after the Mata Nui Chronicles ended which infuriated me a bit. I really do hope they preserve the flash animations or the recaps I liked those a lot back in the day.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

To be honest I rarely used the Bionicle website, and never found any fun or engagement on the site. I used Bioniclestory even less so. I never read the serials, except maybe the first sentence on one while patrolling pages on BS01. And even since Bionicle reached its end in 2010, I don't even see a need in going to the sites, really. :confused:

I can vouch for this. The last time I had a real discussion about Bionicle here was... never, actually. Even on the old forums, most anything I posted was in LEGO General Discussion.

I had a real discussion about Bionicle here yesterday, actually. If you don't want to discuss Bionicle, that's your business, but I personally doubt that either of you are the majority of this website's population.