Official BBC Contest #65: For the Birds!

So, for the BrickFair thing, I just have to bring it in with me, right? I don't have to register it on the BrickFair website? And can I bring it with me on Saturday then take it home when the expo ends Saturday? I probably wouldn't be coming back on Sunday to pick it up and I can't stand to part with my BIONICLE stuff.

It does not have to be a registered MOC. This contest is held by BZPower, not officially in conjunction with BrickFair.You can certainly bring it with you on Saturday only, but voting will take place across the entire weekend, so you may be missing out on votes if that happens.

A reminder:You need to provide the name of your MOC and link to your entry picture in this topic.Just linking to your entry topic only makes for more work on the part of the hosts. Please, look over the BBC contest rules again.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I've got a few questions. First, is it alright if the entry model has a lizard-like tail/elongated tail instead of a feathery one? Of course, it would still look like a bird, with the beak and long ankles and shins and feathery wings. Second, can it have jet engines instead of wings or a combination of jet engines and wings? Third, is there a way to send in extra money for shipping to get it back in two-day shipping? There's another Lego convention the next weekend that I'm the coordinator for (Bricks by the Bay), and I want to bring as much stuff as I can. Thanks. :)

Edited by Zorrakh

I've got a few questions. First, is it alright if the entry model has a lizard-like tail/elongated tail instead of a feathery one? Of course, it would still look like a bird, with the beak and long ankles and shins and feathery wings. Second, can it have jet engines instead of wings or a combination of jet engines and wings? Third, is there a way to send in extra money for shipping to get it back in two-day shipping? There's another Lego convention the next weekend that I'm the coordinator for (Bricks by the Bay), and I want to bring as much stuff as I can. Thanks. :)

1st question: I don't know the specific answer to that, but as long as it resembles a bird and has most of the aspects of one, then I would say that it's okay.

I mean, Laserbeak did in Transformers 3, and he was a robot vulture.

2nd: I would think that if you're going to use jets, that you should use them in conjunction with wings.

3rd: Probably, you'd have to PM the BIONICLE coordinator about it. Check out B6's blog for further info for BrickFair.

Hope that I helped!

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

3rd: Probably, you'd have to PM the BIONICLE coordinator about it. Check out B6's blog for further info for BrickFair.

That's what he's saying- he (Zorrakh) is the BBTB Bio coordinator. Although you're right, it might be best to ask B6 about the shipping return thing.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Neither lizard tails nor jet engines are permitted. Please keep this fairly bird-like.

1st question: I don't know the specific answer to that, but as long as it resembles a bird and has most of the aspects of one, then I would say that it's okay. I mean, Laserbeak did in Transformers 3, and he was a robot vulture. 2nd: I would think that if you're going to use jets, that you should use them in conjunction with wings. 3rd: Probably, you'd have to PM the BIONICLE coordinator about it. Check out B6's blog for further info for BrickFair. Hope that I helped!

Please don't answer questions if you're not contest staff. Misinformation gets spread very easily this way.

Third, is there a way to send in extra money for shipping to get it back in two-day shipping? There's another Lego convention the next weekend that I'm the coordinator for (Bricks by the Bay), and I want to bring as much stuff as I can. Thanks. :)

We will do our best and should be able to accommodate your request. We can't do this for all MOCs though, so if many other people want us to do that we'll have to say no to everyone.

I think I'm going to go for this. I haven't MoCed for many months (verging on a year) but for old time's sake I'm pulling out the parts bucket to get started.Also, would it be possible to post news about BBC contests on the front page? I check there almost everyday for news, but have missed some contests before because they weren't listed there.Anyways, good luck to all the contestants!

silverbladebanner.jpg

Hmm... I've never been too good with avian MOCs, but I suppose I can just wing it. The aerodynamic shape is always a nice challenge, I should beak careful about my parts choice. Either way, studying for finals leaves me with little MOCing time, so my entry will probably be quite fowl.

Okay, I'll stop.

aouROFb.png

Would this be okay?

The Internet tells me that the Songbird it "a merger of machine and man, that was the lesser of man yet the greater of both parties." Since it has human qualities it would not be allowed.

Darn, that puts a damper on my plans. Back to the drawing board.

silverbladebanner.jpg

Would something like the Robot Chicken be acceptable?

robotchicken-showcard.jpg

Edited by Inikalord

zV5MODc.png
Please take some time to read my friend's Hero Factory story "End Factory".
It was in the works for 2 years and is now available online to read.
Please be sure to leave a review if you can as it would mean a lot to both me and him.

A nice surprise awaits you inside.

Fun contest. It's a shame it didn't happen last year, cause I made a really awesome Kahu, but it's already been posted here, so I guess I have to make something, wait that's the point of these contests no way!?

Quick question, mostly for clarification purposes. Are flightless birds okay? I'm thinking Emus, Penguins, Kiwis, ext.

And if so, can said flightless bird include a secondary form of flight in the MOC, like a jet pack? (Okay, that question's probably a joke.) :P

Thanks again for hosting! Can't wait to see what everybody makes for this!

:music:

Would a clockwork themed bird be okay, as long as it clearly looks like a bird?

Yes, but it needs to very much be a bird.

Would an Archaeopteryx be ok? Also, can we do real-life birds that have non-bird features, like the Hoatzin chick?

Both of those are fine.

Would something like the Robot Chicken be acceptable? robotchicken-showcard.jpg

That's not quite as bird-like as we'd like, sorry. No.

Fun contest. It's a shame it didn't happen last year, cause I made a really awesome Kahu, but it's already been posted here, so I guess I have to make something, wait that's the point of these contests no way!? Quick question, mostly for clarification purposes. Are flightless birds okay? I'm thinking Emus, Penguins, Kiwis, ext. And if so, can said flightless bird include a secondary form of flight in the MOC, like a jet pack? (Okay, that question's probably a joke.) :P Thanks again for hosting! Can't wait to see what everybody makes for this! :music:

Flightless birds are okay, things like jetpacks aren't.

Excellent, another BBC contest! :D It's been a long time since I've been able to make a MOC for BZPower, and even longer still since we've had a contest. But this theme is definitely a good one, since birds are some of the most diverse vertebrates of all.

I've got an idea for a little bird Rahi of mine that whose great big revamp is long overdue. Once I get done with finals this coming week, that MOC will really . . . take flight. B-)

~B~

I have some questions:

Okay so it is okay to do a flightless bird right?Is it okay if I give it a saddle I won't put on a rider but I want it to look like it is a mount of sorts.

When would the MOC need to be sent in order to make it in on time for the BrickFair/thing?

It is okay if it is a big metal looking bird right?

Sorry for all of the questions but I suddenly have a busy week that I didn't hear about fully until recently..

And my bird I plan to make is in the style of a Roadrunner like this for example

haotaus_symbols.jpg

My Brickshelf Gallery check it out!

You don't have to, you just have to send in your entry if you make it to the finals. See B6's blog for more info.

Also, are we allowed to creat sigs for other people who are in the contest? And in the same vein, are other users allowed to use the sigs that we make for extra advertisements?

Edited by Phantom Terror

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I have some questions: Okay so it is okay to do a flightless bird right?Is it okay if I give it a saddle I won't put on a rider but I want it to look like it is a mount of sorts.When would the MOC need to be sent in order to make it in on time for the BrickFair/thing?It is okay if it is a big metal looking bird right? Sorry for all of the questions but I suddenly have a busy week that I didn't hear about fully until recently..And my bird I plan to make is in the style of a Roadrunner like this for example

Flightless birds are definitely fine.No saddles, just birds.We'll be giving you details about shipping after the first round of voting, but it will likely need to be shipped by mid-July at the latest.Metal-looking birds are fine, as long as they're definitely birds.

Oh wait, if you get in the finals do you actually have to go to BrickFair (isn't it in Virginia this year?)?

To restate what others have said, you do not need to attend BrickFair, just mail your MOC to us. If you can make it to BrickFair, that's awesome! But it's certainly not required.