Official BBC Contest #65: For the Birds!

The punishment for cheating seems really unnecessarily harsh. Wouldn't disqualification from the one contest be sufficient? They don't win, so it doesn't matter after that. Also, that section of the post seems really overemphasized in relation to everything else. It makes it appear as if you guys care more about punishing people than the actual contest.

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The punishment for cheating seems really unnecessarily harsh. Wouldn't disqualification from the one contest be sufficient? They don't win, so it doesn't matter after that. Also, that section of the post seems really overemphasized in relation to everything else. It makes it appear as if you guys care more about punishing people than the actual contest.

It seems pretty fair, honestly. Cheating is bad and if you're not a cheater you have nothing to worry about anyway.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

It seems pretty fair, honestly. Cheating is bad and if you're not a cheater you have nothing to worry about anyway.

They cheated because they wanted to win the contest. They get caught, they don't win the contest. Problem solved.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I agree to a certain extent - maybe they should be disqualified for the next contest, too, and maybe have a proto drop in there too, but outright banning from all contests and the site itself seems quite harsh. Still, I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss it - opening a ticket in the tracker would have a better likelihood of producing actual results.

Q2TtLEz.png

Urgh, I just finished taking the pictures of my entry but Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now! I'm too impatient for this.:P

They cheated because they wanted to win the contest. They get caught, they don't win the contest. Problem solved.

But why does it matter what the punishment is? As long as you don't cheat, it doesn't apply to you at all. Also, a harsher punishment will more likely discourage people from cheating. If they just get disqualified from one contest, they might cheat again in the next one, hoping they won't get caught. And if they do, they can just try again next time. I do agree though that it is somewhat harsh getting banned from the entire site.

Entry Name: KahuEntry Pic URL: HereTopic URL: Here

Edit: Changed the brightness of the picture because my entry is so dark. If we're not allowed to mess with the pictures after posting them I can change it back.

Edited by Senrab

Couple questions:

[*]Is there any specific reason why the technic/system ratio changed from last contest?[*]Does this count as two pieces or one?[*]Does this count as a technic or system piece?

Details may change from contest to contest.That would count as one piece.That would be a System piece.

Maybe I'll enter. A couple questions though. Can I use rubber bands? Is there a lower piece limit - could I, say, enter a MOC with only 11 pieces? =)

As long as they are rubber bands produced by Lego, yes.There is no piece limit in either direction.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I assume that a MOC consisting of 74.6% technic parts would be acceptable?

No, it wouldn't be. If you have to get down to exact percentages, please increase the Technic and/or reduce the System by a considerable amount.

Urgh, I just finished taking the pictures of my entry but Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now! I'm too impatient for this. :P

But why does it matter what the punishment is? As long as you don't cheat, it doesn't apply to you at all. Also, a harsher punishment will more likely discourage people from cheating. If they just get disqualified from one contest, they might cheat again in the next one, hoping they won't get caught. And if they do, they can just try again next time. I do agree though that it is somewhat harsh getting banned from the entire site.

This is kinda late but still. What if someone isn't cheating, but is suspected to? The rules say that anyone who is caught or suspected of cheating will be banned.

Anyway, I might enter, but I somewhat hope I don't get into the finals. Don't know if I would be able to mail it, much less go there myself.

Can I make a phoenix?

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Urgh, I just finished taking the pictures of my entry but Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now! I'm too impatient for this. :P

This is kinda late but still. What if someone isn't cheating, but is suspected to? The rules say that anyone who is caught or suspected of cheating will be banned. Anyway, I might enter, but I somewhat hope I don't get into the finals. Don't know if I would be able to mail it, much less go there myself. Can I make a phoenix?

We investigate before taking action on potential cheaters.A phoenix would be alright, yes.

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that.

Also, would using a non-Lego rubberband to stabilize something count as cheating?

Edited by Arzaki

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that.

Blue might work well. Something that will contrast.

I won't be entering, but just wondering, is the technic-system ratio based on piece count or weight/mass?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Finished the basics of my phoenix. Thanks for the advice of using blue for eyes, jazz. I have to say I impressed myself with this, but that's not saying much, seeing as most of my MOCs are just the Inika build :P

Blue might work well. Something that will contrast. I won't be entering, but just wondering, is the technic-system ratio based on piece count or weight/mass?

Piece count.

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that. Also, would using a non-Lego rubberband to stabilize something count as cheating?

You're not allowed to use non-Lego items in your entry, so you would be disqualified.

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that. Also, would using a non-Lego rubberband to stabilize something count as cheating?

You're not allowed to use non-Lego items in your entry, so you would be disqualified.

What if I know the rubberband is from Lego, but it doesn't have the logo?

What if I know the rubberband is from Lego, but it doesn't have the logo?

If it's a rubber band from a Lego set, that would be okay.

You can use, say, fishing line to suspend your MOC in "flight," right?

No, you can't.

Is it okay if some pieces have a thin coating of pencil lead? It really just makes the pieces look a bit grayer.