So on a few writing blogs I follow, there's a "Top Ten Tuesday" meme that people do, where each week they give a new theme, and you give your top ten books for that theme. I decided I'd start doing it here. The list is roughly in the order of most- to least-wanted.
I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me...
- Les Miserables, hardback, unabridged, preferably leather-bound. I only have an abridged version, and I would love to read the full, unabridged version some day.
- Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell. An amazing story from what I've heard, and Marcus Luttrell is an awesome man. I'd love to read this and own it.
- Vince Flynn Collectible Editions #1, #2, #3, and #4. One of, if not my, favorite authors, and I'd really love to have these awesome Collectible Editions.
- The Circle Trilogy, by Ted Dekker. An awesome author, and I've heard this series is great.
- No Rest for the Dead, by Various Authors. It features a lot of authors I like, collaborating together. Why not?
- Special hardback The Hobbit. As you can probably tell, I like Collectible Editions (or if you can't tell yet, wait until #8).
- 75th Anniversary Edition of The Hobbit, by J. R. R. Tolkien. Enough said.
- Pretty much any of the Barnes and Noble Leather Collectible Edition books (seriously, these things are amazing. Most are less than $25. The ones I want most, in no particular order, are: The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas; Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe; The Complete Sherlock Holmes; The Chronicles of Narnia; The Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Works; Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels; Charles Dickens: Five Novels; Jules Verne: Seven Novels; To Kill a Mockingbird; Jurassic Park/The Lost World; H. P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction; Stephen King: Three Novels; The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Other Novels; H.G. Wells: Seven Novels. Some day I hope to get all of them, but those are the most important. Some of these books I already have, but in a different format, so I guess I'd like the ones that I don't have at all first. Of these Collectible Edition books, I have the Complete Works of William Shakespeare and the Constitution of the United States (and selected writings of the Founding Fathers).