Belated Pokelogs - Snorlax Edition
Heck, I probably would be playing more now, if it weren't for fact that I do feel like I need to go to bed early today. Especially considering I am still tired after taking a nap today, which also unfortunately made me miss tonight's Ninjago episode. Yeah, I am a fan now and I am officially up to speed with TV series. Apparently there are some books though, so I might want check those out.
Oh, and I am probably going to be writing up an entry here at some point to summary some of my thoughts of series so far and some theories that I might have. But that's for a later entry, this is Pokelog, so let's move on.
Alright, last time we talked about my progress, I was in Floccesy Ranch helping Applejack (Yes, I know her name isn't Applejack. But well, they didn't even give her a name, so the brony in me felt it was good idea to give her that nickname. Deal with it. ) find her missing dog. And well, I founded it chasing after what appears to be a Team Plasma grunt.
But how could that be? Didn't we defeat those thugs pretending to be Pokemon activists during the last game two years ago? Well, I guess not then. Nice job saving the world, Looker and the original JMJ (Yeah, I used the same name, which why I was initially confused by N cutscene as I thought he was talking about new me at first. lol But we have yet to even meet, so that makes no sense.).
But anyway, when I confronted the dude, he didn't even battle me and ran off as soon as my rival decided to go tell Applejack that we founded her dog (Herdier). So yeah, she and her Herdier were reunited. Yay! Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous entry that I named my rival Samuel since I originally was trying to name him Samuel L. Jackson as homage to SPIRIT, but unfortunately that was too many characters for rival's name. So I settled with Samuel, which I think is fitting name for him.
Yeah, I know have a weird naming scheme for things. What can I say? I am not very creative when it comes to naming things. Its particularly why I avoid nicknaming Pokemon most of time. However I have decided this time around to try nickname all my Pokemon for fun.
lol So far though that has not gone too well as I ended up nicknaming a female Riolu on my team, Rocky Jr., and I named a female Pidove, Buzz. Yeah, I need rename them at some point with more fitting names. Although they are not the only ones that I have to rename as I do have quite a few members on my team with their original names such as my shiny Oshawott. Which now that mention it, how about you folks suggest some nicknames for my Pokemon? Please leave a comment here, if you are interested in doing that.
But anyway, to get back on track, I left the ranch and return back to Alder's place, where he had me battle with a couple of his students. And well, they were pretty easy to beat, so I wasn't there very long. So after that, I decided to head back home to see if that school had a open up as I was rather curious about what could be in there. Well, as it turns out, the first Gym was there, which I must say is kind of cool as they usually don't have you backtrack to a previous town/city to challenge a gym.
Now at time, I wasn't exactly ready for the gym, so I ended training for a bit. Eventually I decided to give it a shot and took out Cheren's Gym trainers relatively easily. However the same could not be said for Cheren as the dude actually beat me three times due to fact that I think I was too underleveled for him. That and I did decided to kind of avoid catching Pokemon that I have used in original Black such as Patrat and Purrloin. Oh, and my team at the time was:
- Oshawott (No Nickname)
- Azurill (No Nickname)
- Psyduck (No Nickname)
- Mareep (No Nickname)
- Riolu (Rocky Jr.; This name will be change considering it is female.)
- Pidove (Buzz; Again, the name is going to change.)
So yeah, I ended up training some more to try to better prepare myself for battling him, which wasn't easy since there was no trainers left to battle. lol And I actually end up catching another Riolu (This one is male and I nicknamed Mewthree) during one of those training periods as I thought maybe it might have a better move set than my current one. lol It didn't, so I end up PC-ing it. But anyway to make a long story short, I ended up changing my tactics enough during my fourth try at him and I won.
I then left and founded out apparently that my two friends from first game (Cheren & Bianca) have not seen each other in the past two years, which make me wonder exactly what happen during those years. Like did they have a falling out or something? Or maybe they stopped talking to each other to try and forget what happen to the original JMJ? (In my headcanon, I was murdered since that's only explanation that I have for why I didn't do anything to stop Team Plasma from coming back. I had to been killed for that to have happen.) Whatever case maybe, I thought that was interesting.
Hm...I probably should just do the list format thing again as I could be going on like this for hours. lol And so much for going to bed early, its midnight now. Yeah, let's finished this off in the list format style as this way more time consuming and more subject to human error anyway as I did all things that talk about above like two days ago. So here's a lot of some stuff that I did in Black 2 this week:
- Well, obviously I went to the next city, which was Virbank City. And man, that place had some good music. Oh, and before I got there, I caught a Sunkern, which nicknamed Sappy.
- Now I probably could of gone to Gym already and challenge Roxie. But since I struggled with Cheren, I decided to head over to Virbank Complex to train and I don't regret doing that as I also caught some Pokemon, while I was there.
- For those wondering, the Pokemon that I caught there were: Koffing (Nicknamed NCS for obvious reasons.), Magnemite (Nicknamed MC Magnet because for some reason, I thought he would make a good DJ. ), Growlithe (Nicknamed Chols in honor of this cool BZPer), and Magby (Nicknamed Lit'Tahu; I'll probably be changing his name to just Tahu later as that name does look kind of weird.).
- And of those Pokemon, I only picked Magby to join my team and end up PC-ing Azurill for him.
- Okay, so I stopped training when my Pokemon were all about level 15 or so. And well, I challenged the Gym and surprisingly enough it was hardly a challenge, nor was I defend once by the Gym leader there. I do rather like the design idea for gym though as it is interesting seeing music club in Pokemon world. That and music in background, before you stopped it, actually have vocals so to speak, which is kind of surprising. I mean yeah, it is just saying the word Pokemon and spelling it out repeatedly. But still it is kind of cool that they did have that and the music even reacts to when you challenge one of musicians; so that when you finally beat the Gym leader, the place is dead quiet because NPCs have stopped practicing their music.
- After beating the Gym leader, I naturally went over Pokestar Studios place to check it out and like a lot people, I think this place is actually pretty cool. I didn't spent a whole lot of time there though since I didn't want to end up spenting several hours trying to make good Pokefilms, when I could be continuing my journey. So basically I made the first Brycen-Man film and I attempted the first Mystery Doors of the Magical Land film, but ended up bailing out when things did not go too well. Hm...I'll probably play with it some more at a later point. But right now, my main focus is on my journey through Unova.
- Once I finished playing with Pokestar Studios, I returned to Virbank City and found the apparently reborn Team Plasma being confronted at the harbor by Roxie and my rival, Samuel. So naturally I walked over to help them and took out one of the three Team Plasma grunts before they ran off to somewhere in Route 20. And well, my rival really want to not letting them get away, so we chased after them (Which if I had to guess is because they probably conned him two years ago to give up his partner.). I only found one of them though and after battling them, I found out they had a boat of some sort.
- So I ended up taking the ship at Virbank harbor over to Castelia City; which from what I have explored of it, it has changed very little in this two years gap of time. I mean there are changes to it like the old Team Plasma base is now Medal Achievement HQ place. But well, none of changes make me feel like I don't know where I am going as everything is mostly in same place and even some dialog appears to be same. Not that complaining though. I just think it might of been nice to mix things up a little is all.
- After exploring the city and training for a bit, I entered the sewers of the city to see if the new Team Plasma was hiding down there. And I must say I like the fact that they added this to city as it added a bit of new to a city that you are mostly already familiar with. It was nice touch and it especially cool seeing like Zubat and Rattata down there. Oh, and by the way, I caught a Rattata (Nicknamed RatMan) and Woobat (Nicknamed Aho-Chan after the BZPer of same name), while I was down there.
- And that about it for what I have done for past few days in game. Well, I did fight the Team Plasma members hiding down there and met some scientist dude, but beside that I hadn't done anything else really.
Hm...Well, I guess I can give you my current team's stats before I called this entry and post it. So here is some information on my current team of Pokemon:
- Magby (Lit'Tahu), Level 19
- Lucario (Rocky Jr.), Level 19
- Flaaffy, Level 19
- Dewott, Level 18
- Psyduck, Level 19
- Pidove (Buzz), Level 19
With that said, thanks for taking the time to read this all and I hope you all have a good day. Night, BZPers.