• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

LEGO Universe Version of Rocket Racer's Car

LEGO Universe LEGO Racers Rocket Racer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Pereki

Pereki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 29-November 06
  • 1,222 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 01:30 PM

Not too terribly long ago in 2011, a contest was hosted on the LEGO Universe website challenging entrants to design their own car based on the standard chassis used in the game. Being a fan of the original LEGO Racers game, I had the idea to build an adaption of Basil the Batlord's car from it to fit the LEGO Universe car chassis. The result didn't win the contest, but I had such fun building it that I resolved to build the rest of the LEGO Racers circuit leaders' cars on the Universe chassis. Some of the results turned out better than others, and when I reached the final car, Rocket Racer's, I decided that it wouldn't be viable for me to construct a reasonable facsimile of the the original with my collection. So I skipped it.

Recently I decided on a whim to try anyway. The result was not nearly so terrible as I had imagined, although I still feel that the sloping portion at the front is perhaps just a little too long.

a.jpg

More images:

Another angle

Front

Side

Back

Back Angle

The modular pieces:

g.jpg

The chassis. I cheated a little and altered it from the standard form to make the finished design possible.

h.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users