BZPower Muster

Zox Tomana

Those of you who read the blogs may have seen this, some of you may not have. If you don't go into the blogs you most likely haven't a clue what the topic title is referring to. Fear not, I shall explain.

At my university, we have a tradition of honoring those who have passed away over the previous year. As 9/11 approaches and I turn my thoughts to what I will be publishing on my BS01 Userpage, I have also thought about bringing this tradition of Muster to BZPower. This year I would like to host (on my blog) a BZPower Roll Call for the Absent.

I view 9/11 as a time to remember the victims of tragedy from all over the world, not just those of the World Trade Center attacks, and as a time to remember their families and those they left behind.

Here on BZP, I would like to take it for a time to honor the passing of our own loved ones, those we cared about, the people who touched our lives. Whether they passed away last week, or a decade ago. Whether it was through natural causes, or through war. Whether they were American, or Indian. It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, because these were people who meant something to us.

Over the past two weeks I've created posts remembering EMS Personnel and Firefighters, but these pieces are very general. I hope that, with the Roll Call, I will be able to do something both very simple, and very personal for each of us. I've gotten a very slight response from my blog posts, but I wanted to make sure that this was in a place where a wider group of BZPers would see it.

If you have someone you would like honored as part of the Roll Call, please PM me. You can send me an actual name (e.g. John Smith) or you can anonymize it (e.g. "Tomana's grandma", or "my grandma").

Please, help me to create something special for BZPower as time slowly brings us to the 13th anniversary of September 11th.

---------

I would like to thank Black Six for giving me permission to bring this project before the wider population of BZPower, and Windrider for advising me to take it to him.

• Upvote 6

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog