Deus ex machina

Vraiment

Review topic

Prologue

Everything was dark.

His memories were blurry: a toa team, a mask, a quest.

Then he slowly opened his eyes. Facing him a long white mask stood with eyes fixed on him. –He is awake!– announced bearer of the mask while moving away from him. He was still stunned, his head hurted a lot but got to identify the owner of the white mask. It was a tall toa in white armor, presumably a toa of ice.

–Is the fire-spitter ok?– asked someone else in the other side of the chamber, in response the toa of ice turned his gaze to behind himself, –I think he’s okay–.

With pain he moved his head and inspected the chamber where he laid. It was a large and dark chamber. –Where am I?– he asked. –Well, you are in what used to be the core of the core of the universe, the Codrex– answered the white toa.

His inspection of the chamber revealed 4 other toa. When he was sure there was no one else in the room, he asked –who are you?–. The toa of ice then turned to see who seemed to be a toa of water, as asking something. She only nodded.

–We are remnants of different toa teams.– The toa of ice answered, while returning his gaze at him. –That there is Lesovikk, Toa Cordak of air, at his left is Akmouh, Toa Metru of stone. The one tinkering with stuff at the back is Reidak, Toa Kadi of earth. Then, the one with the serious face is Rodakka, a Toa of Water. Finally, I’m Krihka, Toa Karda of ice– he finished. –Now who are you?–.

He move his head to see the warriors assembled before him, all of their names sounded plain wrong, but he couldn’t point why. As a matter of fact, he couldn't point his own name! Doing an effort he forced his aching head to recall it. A word started forming, vra... vra... vrasomething... Vraixis!

–My name is Vraixis, a toa of...– then he hesitated and turned his gaze to his body, he looked like a toa, a toa of fire judging by his red armor. He was still too weak to summon any elemental power, yet he had a vague memory of using fire bolts and other fancy fire powers. But he didn’t feel like a toa, it was all the way around. He felt like some low class criminal. –Toa of fire?– completed Lesovikk from the other side of the room. –No, I mean yes, I mean no… I mean... I’m not sure...– with that answer Lesovikk, Akmouh and Krihka turned to Rodakka –Velika said we would find someone here. He’s the only one present and matches the description– she said –He’s the one we are looking for, let’s take him out of here.–

The toa in the pit

The pit was desolate.

It always have been desolate, but lately it felt a whole lot more desolate.

A lone school of ruki fish swapped some meters from him and he followed them with his gaze. Once they were out of his range of vision he decided it was time to give another check on the prisoners. The prisoners of the pit were a weird collection: a bunch of sapient rahi, rebel matoran, a Barraki that betrayed his brothers, a mutated sapient Roporak and the newer and most weird acquisition of the collection was a toa of air.

As Hydraxon got near to the cells that contained the prisoners the Maxilos robot turned swiftly to check on the newcomer. After spotting the jailer and verifying it was not dangerous, the robot kept with his patrol, walking along the jail corridor.

Hydraxon walked along the corridor too, with destination in the last inhabited cell were a maskless toa of air was held captive, he was sitting facing the ground. Upon reaching, the toa lifted his face with a mocking grim and stared directly on the jailer –Are you here to happy-laugh? Because it must be very funny to have a toa of air locked up in the deep-bottom of the ocean–. Hydraxon was disgusted, after all the damage the Kra-Toa have done this one was mocking him.

Hydraxon had explicit orders to get as much information as he could from the prisoner. –Where is the rest of your team?– he asked. –Oh, you want the ones that are alive or the ones that are dead?– chuckled the toa –Or are you going to torture-hurt me to get that information? Like we did with that Botar guy? You know the one that killed-murdered the Great Spirit and the Makuta of Metru Nui? Or does the Order have you tight-chained to not do bad things like a good ussal crab?– Hydraxon lost it for a moment and punched the bars of the cage, it only caused the toa to laugh more and harder. –You and your team set the universe in crash course and the best you can do is laugh? What is wrong with you air toa?–. The toa of air stopped laughing, stand up and said in a cold voice, worthy of a toa of ice –Nothing is bad-wrong jailer. As a matter of fact things were bad-wrong before we did our thing, if you ask me and my team things are better than ever– and then broke in a laugh, that would not stop long after Hydraxon left him alone.

Edited by Vraiment

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.