Your Bionicle Collection And You!

Munty

Ok, so I tried to start a community topic about what sort of collections people have here but it seems to have broken some kind of unwritten rule and has been closed down. I'm now going to attempt it again, though it'll be hard to keep it open because I still don't quite understand what I did wrong last time... If ou'd care to help me keep this thread live and unlocked PLEASE contribute as much as humanly possible because I think what happened last time was something to do with being a blog rather than a discussion. Personally I'd say 4 replies to one post is a pretty decent start to a community thread but what do I know hey! So please if you read this post a reply, that's what I wanted in my last topic anyway (and I got it) so let's try again!I'm not going to go overboard on writing as I imagine that would make it a 'blog' and therefore get me locked down again so hey ho. Onto the point of this topic...I'm currently in the process of building up as complete a Bionicle collection as I can, I won't tell you why or what I started out with just in case. As I go along I'm obviously completing the different lines of six canister sets (and the smaller box/bag sets too of course) and I was hoping a chronological topic that walked through each generation of Bionicle could stir some Nostalgia in some of the members here! Bionicle started out in 2000 here in Europe with the 6 small Turaga sets and 6 original Toa (now Toa Mata) My Turaga are currently missing Whenua as he has misplaced his drill but I've had all 6 original Toa since they were first released all that time ago!Here are mine (and because they're all original, everyone elses too!)ToaMata.jpgSo here comes the community part (BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A BLOG OR A PROJECT!) How many members here actually started this far back? Did you collect Bionicle right from the get go or was it the Bohrok swarm that got you into the franchise? Maybe later than that and you've since collected the older sets as well, or maybe you have the newer releases and don't like the original sets (forshame!) Whatever the case may be please come and share your Bionicle story, right from it's earliest point! Feel free to post up a picture of the complete Turaga set if you have one to hand (must be genuine and taken by you, no internet sourcing!) as I don't know how long it'll take my guys to find Whenua's drill!Another point for discussion is running repairs, a very god way to build a collection. All of my Turaga were built from spare parts with just a few minor purchases to replace missing masks and the like. Have you ever done this? Do you have some DIYonicles in your collection or have you ever been able to raise a phoenix from the ashes of old and incomplete sets? Remember this is only for genuine sets released by Lego, no custom builds please!Feel free to share images of your Toa Mata if you can take a more inspired shot than I have. Posing these guys leaves a lot to be desired after all (especially in the early kits!) After enough people have talked about the original releases of Toa and Turaga we'll move onto the next year which I believe is Bohrok and Bohrok Va.Finally (this just came to me as an afterthought) I know a lot of people here enjoy custom builds and such so there must be an awful lot of members out there with some serious Bitz collections. If you wanted to share your parts stock with us that would be something else I'd like to see. Try to link to those pics though, direct images for complete family sets only!That's it for now, I'll leave the rest up to you guys for a while and hope enough of you manage to respond to this before it suffers the same fate as it's predecessor. Remember to post before you navigate away from this topic (if you've already come this far you might as well!) If anyone has a full set of Turaga to hand please share a picture if you have some time to take one. If not I'll try and do it when I get a drill but that could be some time! Thanks for reading this far now please go and reply!

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Regrettably, being at college right now means that I don't have access to my entire collection, or I'd take a picture of my Toa Mata set. So instead, I'll share my story.I started with BIONICLE in 2001, with my first set being Turaga Matau, followed closely by Tahu. Being a completionist, by the time the Bohrok rolled (lol pun) around, I owned all six Toa, all six Turaga, and all of the Rahi minus Tarakava and Muaka/Kane-Ra.For some reason, I never bought Nuhvok. Not sure why, but I owned all of the other Bohrok, all six Toa Nuva, and three Bohrok Va by the end of '02. I also bought the Boxor but I was a poor 12-year-old kid and couldn't afford the more expensive titan sets. :P2003 was the year when I began to drift away from BIONICLE. I owned four of the Kal and three Rahkshi (plus another Rahkshi I got later), but never bought any of the Matoran or Takanuva, unfortunately.In 2004 I bought Matau and Orkahm for collection's sake (my goal was to own all of the green sets), but dropped completely off of the radar after that. My collection just sat gathering dust for the rest of the Metru Nui saga.Then I saw a Piraka advertisement and was re-hooked because they looked so awesome. Before 2005 came completely to a close, I managed to snag three Visorak (Boggarak, Vohtarak, and Keelerak) and all of the Rahaga except Norik, as well as Vakama and Onewa Hordika. (I obtained Matau Hordika much, MUCH later).In 2006 proper, I returned to my former completionist state. I got all six Piraka, all six Doom/Voyatoran, all six Inika, Lava Gate Bridge or whatever it was called, and all of the titans (except combiners). Can you tell I was older and, thus, had a bigger budget? :P2007 was similar: all six Barraki, all six Mahri, all four Mahritoran/Hydruka, and all of the titans except Lesovikk and Karzahni. However, I didn't buy any playsets, having been disappointed with the 2006 playset I had bought.In 2008, I got everything except Jetrax and Vultraz.In 2009 I got everything except Skopio and Baranus.In 2010 I got all of the Stars....In conclusion, my collection is very extensive.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Very cool, sounds like you aren't far from a full collection! I'm steering clear of the bigger Titan sets right now so I'll deem my mission complete when I have all of the box and canister sets for now! I have come across a few of them since I started buying again though (something that happened very recently!) I now have Dume and Nivawk (my least favourite so far) a complete Axonn and half a Brutaka that I'm working to finish, two Boxors - one in each configuration - and an army of Makuta Teridax's :DAs I say though, I'm more interested in the smaller sets and I have to agree, Piraka are awesome! I love the way these guys look, almost makes up for the weird path they decided to take when designing the Inika (again some of my least favourite!) Anyway, let's get a shot of the Turaga up before we get too ahead of ourselves! And please do share a shot of your Toa if you find time once you get home! See if you can come up with some interesting poses or something, would be nice to see a shot that resembles the lineup in the promo pics but it's probably not easy!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!