Countdown to the End: Legacy of Power Final Book

Grey Snow

Book 3Chapter 1: The Falling Shadow It was a slaughter, if they had died. The foe didn’t kill them, but might as well have with how merciless they were. They fought like monsters. Like true bringers of death. Those who were battle hardened, those who would never falter in battle. These warriors were true warriors, unlike Bandiaca’s band of slaves. Unlike the undersea beasts of the Phantasmal Raiders, unlike the bickering Sins of Madan. These were commanders, no doubt. But they were professional. They had a leader behind them, backing them. They knew how they were supposed to fight, how they were supposed to fare in battle. They lived up to it. The avian woman was swift, dodging their blows and ramming her small weapon right into their chests. It seemed to vibrate or something; it was hard for Garren to tell as he screamed in pain. He just knew that his vision started to fade in and out, and it felt like it was pulsing in his chest where she had rammed it. When she pulled it back he still hurt, but the throbbing of it was gone, at least. He took a punch to the face and went down. Larc was firing with both of her weapons, but the man in a myriad of armors was blocking with his right arm shield. He rushed in, throwing his arm aside to reveal his intention of dropping his guard as he closed the gap. He rammed his segmented blade into her chest, the blades going on either side as she was lifted up and thrown aside, smashing hard into the ground, her weapons leaving her hands. Chalice was swinging his blade for the silver and gray warrior with the hook covering his face. The man just batted his attacks away each time with his pommel before driving it into Chalice’s chest, and then into his face when he was doubled over. He rammed his knee up into Chalice’s lowered head and then rammed his elbow in as a follow-up, throwing him onto his back onto the ground. As Chalice tried to lift his Blade Blaster from his hip he stomped on the Toa’s hand, grinding it into the ground and crushing the weapon. Rei was having trouble, swinging two daggers, both of them in a reverse grip. She was facing the man in the green armor with the crimson Kanohi. He lifted his arms up, claws spinning around from the backs of his forearms as he lunged and swiped for her, just catching her shoulder as she span and ducked, driving her dagger up for him. He managed to block with his other claw and kick her back with a very powerful kick, letting her roll across the ground a little. As he approached she unleashed a blast of Lightning from each dagger. He swiftly tore the sword from his back, using the width of it as a shield. It forced him to slide back, but he was able to keep the defense up, for now. By the time the Lightning stopped, she was gone. Stepping behind him, she had a dagger between each finger. She lifted both hands up, charging her power, and letting all of the daggers fly as she let loose her powers of Lightning, sending them out like projectiles at a nearly pointblank range. He span around, part of his torso and his legs now yellow with some green over it, the splashes of red still present. His arms and part of his chest were still green, while his mask was still red. His speed had jumped up it seemed. He swung his sword, just able to deflect them with his short swing, using the minimal space. “How?” she hissed. “I’m that fast,” he said simply, throwing his left arm out, retracting the claw. The fist smashed into her face, sending her rolling across the ground. He took two steps forward, fully green of body again. She was down. The Matoran-like figure just watched as his four warriors returned to him. He took a few steps towards the group of downed Toa, looking them over with his strange face. He shook his head, letting out a very hollow laugh. “How do you Toa like my power?” he asked. “Your power?” Chalice shouted, “You’re a Matoran! This is the power of your men! This isn’t true power!” “Wrong,” he said simply. “What did you say?” Chalice hissed. “You are wrong,” the figure said, “Power can be measured by the company one keeps. If these warriors believed that even together they were stronger than me, do you think I would be alive? I’m only in control of them because they fear me and my abilities. You would be wise to do the same, Toa of Storms. All of you.” “Who are you?” Rei hissed, but was wise enough to remain down, just conserving her strength for an escape if need be. “My name is Lokar. I am the master of darkness and of shadows. I am here to claim this island as one of my own.” “Again with trying to take this island,” muttered Chalice, “What’s so important about Cyril Nui? There’s nothing here!” “I have to agree,” Garren muttered, “What purpose could it give? A tactical value to you and the army I assume you have? Or your forces? Slaves? What?” Larc shook her head, “Even if you use the Matoran for slaves, they won’t do it. They may live in a dystopia, but they are proud! They serve the Great Spirit Mata Nui! They won’t serve a master to be slaves!” “I never said I wanted tactical value, or slaves,” Lokar said, “I have no need for my army to have a tactical position if it is this island. This island is worthless and out of the way to my plans for tactical importance. “I have no need for slaves. If I would take this island under such a pretense, I would rather let the Matoran flee. They would only be in the way, even as my slaves. No. I’m here for something on a much grander scale. Something none of you can even begin to comprehend.” “Try us,” Larc said. “We’re pretty smart,” Garren told him. Lokar simply laughed his hollow laugh. He shook his head, “No. This…is not for you fools to know. In time…in time you may learn, if you manage to survive that long. But for now, you are not ready to learn the true depths of who I am, or of my work. The work that should spell out your end, among others.” “You think this island can be of help in killing people, or something?” Larc questioned him, “You’d be out of luck. I seriously doubt you’ll find anything here!” “Expand your horizons, spy,” Lokar said curtly. That hurt. She tried to ignore it, but couldn’t, “I’m no spy!” “Larc!” Rei called, “Don’t let him get to you!” “But…” Rei shook her head to the Toa of Water, “No!” Chalice lifted his weapon. He was lying towards Lokar’s side, a clear shot. He started to generate a focused blast of Storms power into his weapon’s twin tips, ready to release them. “I wouldn’t do that,” Lokar said nonchalantly. “Die!” Chalice screamed, letting it tear through the air. Lokar made no moves. Nor did any of his followers. At the last moment Lokar turned his head to look at the attack flying at him, stating one thing. “Smaller than I thought.” A black arm emerged from nowhere. It was as thick as his body, and at least as long. It hovered near his right shoulder; where the attack was coming in from, the right side. It ended in a monstrous claw of a hand. There was nowhere it was coming from. No mist to signify that it might be obscured by something, if it was crossing worlds or dimensions. No signs of anything more on the arm. It was just as it was, but there was no doubt more somewhere, or it would be awkward, short due to the stature of the rest of it, not even up to an elbow. The arm took the hit, and nothing happened. It simply faded away, leaving Lokar to look at Chalice, who was in shock, “What…what was that…? How…did it stop my attack…?” “It was because your attack was weak,” Lokar said simply, looking at the other three Toa, “Will any of you attempt an attack?” Garren tensed, wanting to strike, but he knew better. Regardless, Rei shot him a look to keep him still, to keep him from making a foolish move. They all knew it; he had a great chance with his Crystal powers. He was sure he could cut Lokar down, and cut down that arm if it appeared again as a shield, but nobody said anything. He wasn’t to risk it. “If that is all, it is time for my leave,” Lokar said, turning and walking back towards the others, “Let me introduce you, before I take my leave,” he said, directing to each one as he walked past them. The avian woman, “Tenaya.” Madan, then the woman with him, “Lyala.” Forte, then the man who defeated Larc with the mismatched armor, “Jindrax.” The man who defeated Rei, “Vexacus.” The man who defeated Chalice, “Zedd.” As his group started to depart he stopped and spoke once more, “Madan, I believe you have something to say, did you not?” “That is correct,” Madan said, looking out at the four downed Toa. He simply said two words, “District Three.” Whatever he meant, the Toa would have to hurry. It was one of the districts of the city, as it was broken down based on the placement of the towers. They knew which district he meant, but what significance was there? By the time they arrived it was too late. Turaga Gorma lay there, dead on the ground. They wouldn’t know it, but he was slain by one of Madan’s warriors that he had created some time ago by the name of Patience. He had waited, and when Gorma had finally crossed his path, he had leapt from his alley and impaled him with his dagger. “No!” Chalice shouted, slamming his fist into the wall of the temple after they brought his body back, “This can’t be happening!” “It happened,” Garren said absently, shaking his head and looking towards the floor, “It…it’s a cowardly move…but…” “It’s good tactically,” Rei finished, “But right now we shouldn’t care about that. We should care about losing the man who could have helped us the most, potentially. He’s always been here for us…and now he’s gone. We don’t have someone to guide us anymore, or to be of assistance. The…the enemy is too powerful.” “Don’t say that!” Chalice shouted, “Next time…” “There won’t be any change!” she shouted at him, “Did you see their power? They put us down so quickly! Turaga Gorma was the help we could have used, and now he’s gone! We need a new plan. We need help. We need to find a way to get in touch with the other Toa Cyril, get them back here. We need their help!” “But will they come?” Garren asked. “The Turaga is dead,” Larc said, “I would come.” “But they left for reasons. Would they return and tempt fate?” he questioned. “I did,” Rei said. “And thus far nothing bad has happened,” Garren said, “This notwithstanding, unless this is the start of something. But what if something goes wrong for defying Destiny? Can they risk it? Can we ask it of them?” “They’ll come if they find out,” Rei said. “What if they don’t find out?” he questioned. “I’ll tell them myself if I must,” Larc said, “I’ll go and swim to other islands to do so! I’m with Rei, we need help!” “I know we need help!” Garren snapped, “But is it their help? The island was left to us. We’ve had our share of battles, and we’ve grown into full Toa! We’re stronger than most ordinary Toa! We may be inexperienced, but we have power. Power can’t always make up, but we’ve survived up until now. We’re just fighting a more experienced enemy…we can do this! Together! If we don’t defy Destiny, we use our Unity!” Chalice shook his head and walked over to Garren, “What good will any of it do?” he hissed, “I hate the idea of needing help, but I threw everything I had at that Lokar…and that arm thing wasn’t even scratched! If I had done damage, I’d feel differently, but if they both want to call for help, I see no reason to stand against them, as much as I hate the idea.” “I’m on my own?” Garren questioned, “I’m the only one who doesn’t want to tempt Destiny?” “We all have that feeling, I’m sure,” Rei told him, “But by the will of the Great Spirit, we need to! We need help in order to win this fight!” “And what if even our allies can’t help us?” Garren questioned her, “Then what? How do we stop Lokar?” “A weapon.” Everyone turned to the door, lifting their Blade Blasters – even Chalice and his replaced weapon. They saw something there; a disembodied arm, just floating in the doorway. Chalice was ready to fire, “Looks like Lokar…smaller, but looks like his work!” The arm was short and crimson, with what looked like a fin coming off of each of the sides; the outside and inside, sweeping back. Three claws tipped the hand. It floated forward, speaking from itself. “I am not one of Lokar’s shadowy projections. I know you have no reason to believe me, but I am not the enemy.” “Who and what are you?” Rei demanded. “I am Kruger…or…what’s left of me…,” the arm said, “I was one of Lokar’s officers…like those who crushed you four earlier. I failed him on his last mission and so he…did this to me…and I wasn’t present at the battle. I managed to escape the torture by pouring my mind into my arm and severing it. And…I’m here now.” “Why are you here?” Larc questioned. “To be of use,” Kruger said, “I was all for his plans. I was ready to work for Lokar for my entire life…until he did those things to me. Torture can change a man…make him quickly change sides…yes, but I’ve always been in turmoil over my allegiance. Please believe that, and don’t look wrongly at me.” “What is it you want to do? Tell us about this weapon you mentioned and help us stop Lokar?” questioned Chalice. “Yes,” Kruger told him, “I know enough of it…and I will tell you about Lokar’s plans, his officers…everything I can. You need a new ally, do you not?” “Turaga Gorma isn’t replaceable,” Rei told him. “No ally is ever truly replaceable,” Kruger told her wisely. “Tell us,” Garren said, “Tell us about this weapon, and how we can get it. We need to stop this man!” “There is an ancient super weapon that is said to be able to slay the “Living Shadow”. There is no doubt in my mind that the “Living Shadow” is Lokar.” “What is Lokar, anyway?” Chalice asked, “A Matoran?” “No. Something far worse,” Kruger said, “Though I guess anything could be worse than a Matoran.” “That says a lot,” muttered the Toa of Storms, “What is he?” he shouted. “…,” it took a few moments for Kruger to answer, “I don’t know…just something very, very dangerous. Something beyond the bounds of anything you have faced in the past. There is no way to fight him directly, or you will die. Lokar is a being who cannot truly be stopped by mere Toa, or even by warriors like those he has made his officers. The strong can only hope to be strong enough to scratch or wound him. One must use a group of strong if they want to attempt to wound him. “And a potential army to slay him.” “And he said this?” Larc questioned. “I’ve seen his abilities,” Kruger told her, “I know this from what I have seen. And I fear it is all too true.” “This weapon, then,” Rei said, “Just tell us.” “It’s broken into pieces,” Kruger answered, “Small, with strange designs. The pieces may not look like much, but…” “These?” Rei questioned, walking over to a wall and pressing on it, opening a brick. She extracted the objects found by the Toa over the course of their fights, surprised to find another from Agito. She held them out to the arm as it floated over. It made a nodding motion with its entire body. “Yes. Those…those are pieces…” “So that’s what these are…,” Rei said softly, looking at them, “How many more?” “Two,” Kruger said. “This island?” “We must pray they have remained here,” Kruger said, “For they were sealed away on the island that acts as the prison to one of the beings sought by Lokar; the Elemental Saint of the Sun.”“Even the strong oppose him, meaning he is a threat to a great deal. Lokar is more than h seems, and he must be stopped. Next time, “Chapter 2: Counter Offensive” Come!”Review

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

Chapter 2: Counter Offensive Lokar looked out into the sterile white halls. He glanced at Bandiaca, standing before him with her staff poised. As if such a worthless woman and her worthless power posed a threat to him. He simply smiled. “Even if you could slay me, witch, you wouldn’t escape here alive,” Lokar said simply. “I teleported here. I’ll do the same out,” she informed him. “As soon as I’m struck down you have about one second before Madan would kill you,” he challenged. “I’ll take that chance,” she hissed. “You really shouldn’t,” he responded. She lowered her weapon and tapped the ground with the end of her staff, “What are these marks?” There was damage all around his hall. The hall that he had within his temple which sat on a large ship. If one would find themselves there, they would have no knowledge that they were on a ship. It never shook or swayed. “Those are from some visitors I had,” Lokar said, “Very recent visitors who weren’t pleased by my actions. So I made sure that they could be pleased never again.” “Who were these people?” she questioned. “Wondering if you’re in the same league?” questioned Lyala as she walked towards Bandiaca, “They were far above you.” “Who were they?” she demanded of Lokar, ignoring Lyala. He smiled, “Three Makuta.” Four figures stormed into Lokar’s hall. The one in the lead was a smaller figure; a woman clad in black and white. She looked the size of a Matoran, but probably a bit taller. Some other species entirely. The other three were taller figures. There was no mistaking them or their auras. They were Makuta. One woman and two men. The woman stopped, “Lokar. That is your name, correct?” “It is,” he answered, remaining seated in his throne, “I wonder what brought three Makuta to my humble presence.” “You have been interfering in things that do not concern you,” the woman told him, “End your quest, and you will be spared. Go and find something else to do with your life. But if you continue with this plan of yours, my Foundation will have no choice but to crush you where you sit. I’ve brought power enough to see to that.” “I’m amused now. You really think three Makuta can kill me?” “You think we can’t kill you?” the red and black armored Makuta hissed in anger. “You should learn your place,” the other male said, in blue and white armor. The woman shook her head, “Nobody is fool enough to challenge a Makuta. Watch him…and be careful.” “Always,” the blue one said. The crimson and black one flexed his claws, “I should crush him. Would anyone mind if I did the honors?” “Just be careful,” the small woman warned, “Listen to Eish and Veix, Seraph.” “I know,” he said, flexing his skeletal wings and shooting forward for the seated Lokar. He started to generate Shadow into his hands, stopping and throwing them forward with snaps of his wrists. They flew through the air, right for Lokar. A shadowy arm emerged from nowhere and blocked with the entirety of the forearm, elbow bent in order to put the arm into a shielding position. The arm started to retract back until the elbow was gone and then some. Lokar simply looked at Seraph. “What is that?” he shouted, shooting forward, ready to use his own claws to end it. Another shadowy fist slammed into his side, throwing him into the far wall. He shattered it and fell to the ground. The fist itself has been as large as his chest. “This is my power,” Lokar told him, glancing at his form as he rose swaying to his feet, “Don’t challenge me. I give you one last chance to leave.” “I refuse!” he shouted shooting forward. Before he could activate whatever power he was preparing, the hand grabbed him, managing to crush one wing in its grip. He was lifted up, shouting out as he was being crushed. And then with the final crush, his armor fell to the ground, shattered. His Antidermis essence started to drift away, but the hand grabbed it, and it was no more. Makuta Seraph of Angelus Nui was dead. Veix and Eish watched in horror as he died. Veix looked to her and then triggered his crystalline form. He shot forward with blinding speeds, drawing his curved sword from his back. He swung it down with both hands for Lokar, intending on cutting him in half, if possible. If the force and speed didn’t just destroy him altogether. The shadowy hand grabbed the blade between two fingers. All of Veix’s force was no good; he was stopped, floating there. He looked at Lokar, unleashing his Laser Vision power, but the second arm blocked the attack. Nonetheless, he tried again, unleashing his powers over Weather and lashed out a bolt of Lightning from behind the throne, intending on having it drive through and kill him. The arms threw him back before he could do it. Lokar was able to figure out his move and stop it. One of the arms came up, clenching into a fist, and slamming down, pummeling Veix into the ground. He shot a hand out, still able to move. A stasis field came up around Lokar, intending to trap him. He hoped that the trap would stop the shadow limbs, but it didn’t. Veix cursed as the second fist came down, smashing his arm off. His concentration held, even though he was bleeding out his essence. He cursed, blasting the arms with Laser Vision, but he couldn’t force them away. Lokar had him. He wasn’t going to get out of this. He tried his Disintegration powers, but the arms weren’t affected. Teleporting out, he appeared right in front of Lokar, driving his sword forward with a shout. The arms were gone, appearing again at his sides. Lokar had cut them off and respawned them where they were needed. One blocked the attack while the other plunged a claw into his broken arm, tearing upwards to rip some of his armor apart. As it continued, with Veix trapped as the other arm gripped his chest, the claws tore his chest apart, letting him bleed his essence out. Suddenly everything went gray. Eish shot forward, remaining in her normal form. She lifted her staff and swung it for one of the arms, bashing it away. “Go!” she shouted to the essence, hoping Veix could escape. She was close, and should be able to use her Darkness power to hide in the gray room, with all pigmentation gone. Such was an advantage of her Detyu and her powers. Lokar still saw her. She realized in horror that his eyes still followed her wherever she moved, even though she should be undetectable. Then an arm shot by her, grabbing the essence of Veix and slaying him. He was open. She shot forward, teleporting behind him at the last moment and swinging her heavy crescent staff at the back of the throne. An arm came at her side, punching her and throwing her into the wall. She teleported before the next blow came, appearing in front of him and lifting her blade to his throat. “Got you,” she hissed. “Did you?” he questioned. She was gripped from behind and thrown across the hall, smashing into the ground and shattering large chunks as she bounced. She came back up, colors flashing back as she cut her Kanohi’s power. She rose and threw her gauntleted left hand out, unleashing Chain Lightning. The arms blocked, and one shot for her, grabbing her and drawing her in. “You can’t touch me,” Lokar hissed as her face was drawn close to his, so they could see each other’s eyes easily. She knew a Laser or Heat Vision attack could work, but didn’t risk it. She knew she was going to die. She felt him squeezing harder. She couldn’t teleport for some reason…was he cancelling her power? She felt a jolt of pain, and activated her Limited Invulnerability power. She needed to buy time. “What are you?” she hissed. He seemed amused. “A demon.” Her power failed and she was crushed, her body falling out of his grip as the midsection was shattered, along with her essence. Lokar rose from his throne and walked towards the woman, “You have but one true option. Join me, or die. You know which to take.” The woman was forced to nod, “You slew them…I could fight you. I could gather my forces and we could strike against you. But there is no reason to waste so much research and time. You have…our support. Lokar. The soldiers of the Void Foundation, the research, everything…is allied.” “I care more about your soldiers than your research,” he informed her, “Now leave my sight and bring me an army.” “I see,” Bandiaca hissed, shaking her head, “I stand no chance, then. If this is the truth.” “It is,” a new voice said. Bandiaca was visibly shaken to hear it. “Forte…” Forte walked out, past Lyala, and stood before Bandiaca. He looked at her and nodded, “I am back. Madan’s warrior…” “I know,” she hissed, “I’m surprised you would dare show yourself to me!” she shouted, power flaring around her staff. “Enough!” Lokar snapped, throwing his hand out, “Bandiaca! Join your power with mine and you shall share in victory! And have your sworn sword back.” She stopped, cutting off her power. She looked at Lokar, and then to Forte. She nodded, “Fine. Make him mine again!” Lokar snapped his fingers in Forte’s direction. He began to glow and then exploded into light. And he was changed, changed into something new. “He is now the Emperor,” Lokar told her. She would come to know what he meant. His forces were named after the Tarot. He had just dispatched The Fool, The Lovers and The Chariot to attack, with three general class; Justice, The Star and The Hanged Man. Now Forte had joined the ranks of his general class warriors. He had white and silver as his body. White feet with white armor overlaying silver legs with a lot of armor built up lower, with blades coming up over his knees. He had lighter armor higher up, leading into a white torso overlaid with silver claw-like armor, with more white claw armor over the top. He had silver armor over the fronts of his arms, which were white, and wielded a sword with a large blade coming off of the bottom. On his back he had two large silver pieces of armor that helped protect his shoulders and his back in general, along with some other light armor there. His head was rounded off in back, fully silver, and with a crimson optical eye set in the center top of his head. He looked more like a machine now than before, due to the shape, but he was still The Emperor. “Now my generals are complete.” Joining him briefly was a large blue figure, The Tower. The figure whom had trapped the Toa in a nightmare and a black figure whom the Toa had also met on their quest for the Inika powers. The Devil. The Fool had a lanky body; fully gray legs up until the red overlay just above the knees. A gray torso with a bit of red adding some armor, and fully gray and lanky arms with only a red fin coming off of each arm. He had an upsidedown head, green eyes and a red mask or face. The Lovers were two figures stuck together. One had lime green, black and orange, while the other had orange, red and black, with some lime green, just like how the other had minimal orange. They were conjoined at the top of the back, back to back, no weapons. Just gaudy armor and fists. The Chariot was lime green and black. He had a torso rising out of a black rounded object, acting as the chariot. He had silver coming down like shields in front and back for it, green helping to “lock” him into it from the chariot itself, a black torso, lime green arms with claws and wielding large curved blades. He had a vicious black and lime green face or mask with fangs. Justice was a general class. He had orange feet, whit ankles, green leg armor with some orange, a white torso with green and orange overlaying both. He had partially green upper arms overlaid with orange, then white from the elbows down, with green gauntlets. He had an elongated green face or mask, with a tail coming down the back, and something covering his eyes, making him blind. He was using a scythe with a chain. The Star was another general He had red feet with silver ankles covered by red armor coming down. Silver legs up to the knees, where he had red and a fully red torso. He had a little silver armor over the top, with silver fins coming back, partially silver arms with red overlay, and then red from the elbow down. Gray gauntlets, a silver face or mask, and silver wings coming off of his shoulders and the backs of his arms. Finally there was The Hanged Man. Silver and gray, he had no legs. He had small claws that seemed to bend down to allow for levitation. He had no real detail, and wielded a spiked mess of a weapon in his right hand. There was a noose around his neck, always standing straight up, as if he were hanging. Zedd was leading them into battle, clashing his sword with Rei’s knives. He drew his sword back, sliding back, and thrust forward, punching her in the chest with the pommel. He kicked her, knocking her onto her back. Pouncing, he span his sword around to drive it down, but found a knife in his arm as she drew another. He slowed on his stab, missing as she rolled and kicked the backs of his legs. As he stumbled she came around swiftly to her feet, generating Lightning into the tip of the dagger she held in her right hand, flipping it around and slashing with just the tip, letting the Lightning run through him, the bolt snapping into his body and making him scream and fall to his knees as she passed him by, a small cut from the tip and slight bit of blade running along his side. Justice was fighting alongside The Chariot. Garren was fighting, ducking and dodging the swings of the scythe, quickly learning that Justice was blind. His hearing was incredible, so Garren was always making careful moves. He thrust his staff up to parry both of the other Tarot’s swords, leaving his chest open for a slash from the scythe, sending him rolling back. Chalice attacked The Fool, but his foe kept dodging the swings of the Blade Blaster. Finally he leapt back to get out of range, and while Chalice was switching modes on his weapon, he shot his fist out, his arm extending. He punched Chalice in the face, sending him stumbling to the floating Star behind him. Star lifted his hand which erupted into silver energy. He slashed Chalice across the back with the side of his hand, causing him to cry out and go down. Larc was using her trident to slash at the floating Hanged Man while Lovers approached from behind. They both reached their hands out; one’s right, one’s left. They put them close, generating two balls of power intertwined with a chain of power between them. The attack was thrown forward for Larc from behind. It struck with the chain, throwing her around on the ground as the spheres wrapped around her, binding her arms to her sides. They kept dragging her, however, towards Chalice. The affect was copied as it lashed out and bound him, and then Garren, keeping the three trapped. Rei ran over, flipping a dagger into hand. She ran for The Fool and ducked his elongating punch. She threw a bolt of Lightning into the ground and drew her hand up, away from that spot, creating an arc. She rammed it into the elongated arm, making The Fool shudder and stop moving, stunned. She threw the dagger with her Doite aiding her eyesight, landing it right in The Fool’s upsidedown head, dropping the foe. The Lovers launched their attack again while the bound trio was being thrust for Rei. She threw her hand out, blasting one side before they could launch the attack. Quickly drawing up another dagger she used her swiftness to evade the bound Toa and run for the stunned Lovers. Sliding and focusing Lightning into the weapon, she cut the connection between them , leaving the two halves falling facedown, dead. “Retreat,” hissed The Star, throwing out his silver energy to cover their escape, leaving the corpses behind. The other three Toa found themselves free and rising as Rei looked at the death of the two Tarot she had managed to dispatch. “They’re strong,” she said, looking at where Zedd had been. He had been recovered by one of his allies, it appeared, in their escape. “Sorry…,” Garren muttered. “No need to apologize,” she said, looking at him, “We know the strength of Lokar’s soldiers now. And I slew two. As long as we’re all alive, that’s what counts in this battle right now.” “But we didn’t recover anything,” Larc said. That was their mission. They were trying to track down the last two pieces. “I know,” she said, shaking her head, “But…we’ll find them. We have to, or Lokar will have the Saints…and that cannot happen…”“An enemy who can change his powers, and a foe from the past, but one we do not know. Lokar’s group grows in power as he prepares to make his move. Next time, “Chapter 3: The Changing Enemy” Grace like the rain.”Review

Chapter 3: The Changing Enemy “Looking for something?” Vexacus mused as he had been watching the Toa talking to Matoran and asking them about something he didn’t quite understand. Strange shapes? Weird objects? The way they were describing things was…interesting. Probably because he had no idea what these shapes were they were talking about, having never seen the subject of their questions. He was in his normal green and red state. He was watching from an alley. He was tasked with eliminating them since they had slain The Fool and The Lovers. Lokar wasn’t pleased that two of his Tarots were dispatched so quickly and easily, and Zedd was out for blood for his loss. But Vexacus was sent because of his cooler head. He was supposed to have killed them by now, but the first day he hadn’t found them. The second they were still recovering, and that wasn’t his style. This was the third, and they were searching. This intrigued him, so he watched. He knew that Lokar had a large following to his movement. He had seen many a Matoran wearing white garb in the boat-palace that Lokar used. Not servants, but they did take messages and run them, fetch things. They did servant-like work, but they were devout followers. This was something else entirely for them. It was like Lokar was a religious leader to them, and they followed him without a thought. He was so compelling and charismatic to them. I guess everyone has it in them…even someone like Lokar… As the Toa moved, so did he. Silently. He was fully working on stealth, not even letting Matoran see him, even though Madan had really started something among them, and soon he would have complete control. Fides was his puppet; the one who would win politically now that Gorma was out of the way. Then the island would be simple to control. But that’s not what Vexacus was interested in. Politics were one thing, this was another. This was murder and intrigue, the way he was doing it. This was a fight to the death, a war of sorts. Granted, the enemy army was four Toa. But they were holding on. Vexacus knew that if they got serious they could stop the Toa, and they really should, but Lokar was busy with other things. He knew the enemy needed to die, but even three Makuta had fallen to him. He didn’t need to bother himself with four Toa. Three? He felt a blade at the back of his neck. It was Garren, as he felt the cold Crystal blade extending from the staff, Lightning racing through it. “Vexacus, right?” he questioned, “You’re one of the enemy commanders. Die!” Garren was an interesting one. He was a person who wouldn’t want to take lives, especially not like this, but Vexacus knew the situation. He would have done the same. And he was similar. An assassination wasn’t his style. Even if their positions were reversed he would announce himself first like this. Even if the enemy could stop it. Vexacus could stop and evade. He leapt up, using his legs to propel himself high. As he came down he span around to face Garren, tearing his large sword off of his back. He slammed it down, forcing Garren to parry with his staff’s tip. He held tight, pushing back, but he wasn’t able to repel his foe’s attack. Electrified Water flew at him from behind. Glancing back, he twisted his body a bit and kicked back, sending a blast of Air forward, slamming it into the Lightning infused Water, blasting it aside. “Air?” Rei muttered as she watched, drawing daggers inbetween each finger. “This is interesting,” Chalice said, “He kicked it…” “Smart picking up on that,” Rei answered, “Toa can’t use their elements through anything but hands and weapons. He’s no Toa, and he has greater control if he can do that…” Pushing away from Garren he span around and deflected Larc’s trident down. He kneed her in the gut and threw her back before spinning and swinging his weapon down on Chalice’s short blades. He pushed back, forcing Vexacus back two steps, and moved forward to stab his foe. Vexacus threw his hand out, unleashing a burst of Air to offset him. Suddenly he had yellow again, just like when he fought Rei. He was fast, using his newfound speed to rush for Rei and swing. But her Doite helped her hear his approach and counter, pushing him back. He slid, ignoring his speed. He span around, giving a roundhouse kick and kicking Lightning towards her. “Lightning at me?” she questioned, sheathing her left hand’s knives and catching it against her palm. It hurt, but she absorbed it, her body crackling for a moment, “There was a lot in that…” “Right…you’re a Toa of Lightning,” he muttered, “I’m not good with Toa colors. Forgive me. One who isn’t used to Lightning, even as an Inika, should have been my target.” Garren threw a Crystal shard at him from behind. He span around, using wind from his hand to deflect it down and then sliding forward and turning, giving a side kick, sending Lightning for Garren, who threw up a Crystal wall to protect himself. “Well, how about this?” he asked, his body shifting again. He now had light blue with the yellow of his torso, a blue upper torso, and deep blue arms with light blue gauntlets, green armor on his upper chest, and an elongated green mask. He slashed his sword, sending a shockwave of Water for Garren. The wall was cut down, simply proving a point. “His body denotes his element,” Rei said to herself softly, “What are his limits?” He started to kick Lightning for the three Inika while launching blasts of Water every so often, meeting the occasional attack with his sword, as he had lost his claws in this transformation. Changing back to normal, he drew his left hand up to his red mask. Flames started to lick around his hand as he threw it forward, sending a blast of fire at Chalice, burning him with a direct hit. As he cried out and struggled away, Larc blasted at Vexacus with her twin blaster weapons before rushing to help put out the flames. As he was about to give chase, Garren slammed his staff into the sword, forcing it down, keeping them close. “I’m your opponent,” he said, elbowing Vexacus in the chest to knock him back. Vexacus ducked the next swing and used his left arm’s claws to take Garren down in one slash. Rei rushed in, slashing with two downward daggers. He continued to parry, but she was fast and very skilled at this style of combat. She pulled off a backflip as he slashed for her chest, managing to get over the top of his weapon, landing with a slight twist of her body. She undid the twist to snap her arm forward, throwing a dagger into his chest. It didn’t penetrate very far, because he was ready and slowed it down a bit with Air, but she managed to hit him regardless. Now she ran in, drawing another dagger and slashing him across the chest twice before drawing back, focusing Lightning for an attack. He slammed a blast of Air into her, throwing and spinning her around, making her crash into a wall and collapse. He looked at the other two combatants, who were tending to Chalice now. He walked over, creating more fire in his left palm, and let it loose, avoiding them, but using the qualities of the attacks to send shrapnel into them to drop them. “That was interesting,” he said to himself. “Finish them,” a woman said, walking behind him. He glanced back to see Tenaya. “No,” Vexacus said, “Not now. I want to fight them again, now that they know of my skill.” “I’ll do it, then,” Tenaya muttered, pushing him aside and walking towards Larc with her small weapon. She lifted it, ready to use it for a quick kill. But Larc looked up and grabbed Tenaya’s ankle, smiling. “It’s over,” she muttered. Then Tenaya realized it, “No!” Electrified Water shot through her. She was effectively being electrocuted and was thrown back, slamming hard into the ground and rolling around, her body smashing up the ground. Her intent to kill had been staved in one move. “Serves you right,” muttered Vexacus as he walked off. By the time Tenaya would get up, the Toa would be gone, not wanting to tempt killing her, not without knowing more first, as Kruger had warned them of her. “You made a good move,” Kruger commented, floating around, “Attacking the downed Tenaya could have killed you. Moving in on her, she would have used her clawed wings to grab you, and then it would have been over. Her weapon can be focused through her body. The grip would have been fatal.” “Her wings amplify?” Rei asked. “Basically,” Kruger answered, “Your search?” “Still nothing,” Garren sighed. “We’ll find them,” Larc said. “Or die trying,” Chalice had to put in. Kruger nodded, “Yes, yes…just please hurry. If Lokar gets even one Saint…things are over.” “How does someone drain an Elemental Saint?” questioned Larc, “It…it seems impossible.” “He has powers beyond your greatest dreams,” Kruger said, “The nature of Lokar’s powers is how he will do it. It’s…not something I actually know…” The World. Fully white, with a square-ish body and a rounded “tail” coming off of the bottom with a claw rising up, he had six limbs. From the center of his torso two real arms and hands, while at the lower sides he had arms bending out and down, the right wielding a serrated blade, the left a curved blade. From the shoulders he had short arms, the right wielding a thick sword, the left a crescent blade. A sleek white Kanohi or face was all that rested on the shoulders, very protected by armor all around the neck area. The Devil was his ally in this fight, having cast his cloak aside and wearing only his full black armor, regal and deadly in appearance. The Toa had been fighting, but The Devil never made a move. Only The World, floating and lashing out energy attacks, floating while the Toa surrounded him, attacking. The Tarot didn’t seem to feel wounds or take damage, which made it far more difficult for the Toa to handle. The Devil was more curious than anything else. He didn’t want to kill them, not now. But they were weak; maybe he should. He flexed his claws as he contemplated it. Garren extended a Crystal blade from the end of his weapon and ran in. As The World turned to him, Larc, Chalice and Rei all attacked at one spot on his back, with Rei peeling the Lightning out of their elements to create an even stronger Lightning attack. The shock sent The World forward, right into Garren’s blade to the chest. It wasn’t effective enough. Garren smiled, using his powers to extend the Crystal, making it fully impale his foe. The Devil walked towards them, from Garren’s back. The others were shouting to Garren as The Devil ran. Garren pulled his weapon free and span around, finding The Devil pushing his weapon aside, claws drawn back, faces a hair’s breadth from each other. And then he was gone. “Why did you summon me?” The Devil demanded of Lokar. He could make demands without fear; he was able to stay his master’s hand if need be, and he was second in command. They had had this conversation before about rank and what was acceptable speech. “Because we have a guest,” Lokar answered, gesturing to a figure. The figure was wounded, but recovering. Silver and gray, with a reptilian head and a staff with two trident ends. He looked like a Rahkshi of some sort. “This is Queln. He is our newest ally.” Queln’s eyes narrowed as he looked at The Devil. He simply nodded. “Queln lost his power and his vocal capabilities in an incident that nearly killed him,” Lokar said, “He was once powerful, with the ability to shift dimensions. Now I will restore something to him, and he is our newest member. The final battle is upon us, Devil. Be ready.”“This fight has become the battle of many as Lokar threatens the futures of a great deal of people. This is a fight that must be won! Next time, “Chapter 4: To All Who Have Come Before” Come!”Review

Chapter 4: To All Who Have Come Before Bandiaca looked out at the marbled island of Angelus Nui, with Forte at her side. Her remaining minions were before her, flooding the island in attack. This was one of the island which held an Elemental Saint, so she had a duty to remove its defenders for Lokar to easily get at the Saint. She meant to find it as well and possibly take his power first, if possible. The emerald armored mercenary stood there, twirling his firearm as he watched them depart. They were reminiscent of some of Bandiaca’s past warriors who had been slain by the Toa Cyril. Chou’ri’s snake species was there, Voeren, one of Denji’s people, Dai, Mirai, machines. M’hou had made as many more footsoldiers as he could, but they also had a small army thanks to the Void Foundation. There were two types. One was small and floated, fully blue. They had a small torso with a rounded off head and crimson optical eye set in the center, with strong arms and claws. The other was a tall cyborg-like robot. Silver legs with nicely laid armor, jets on the feet, a white torso with silver armor over it, well armored arms of silver with a silver head. There were wings on the back, and a large blade/triple launcher weapon in the right hand. Together these machines fought, with one or two of the blue ones hanging off of the floating or flying silver machines. M’hou found them fascinating. “Marcko, go and check on the progress,” Forte said. The mercenary stopped twirling his weapon, “Fine,” he muttered, walking off ahead. He was secretly happy, and started to run. He was interested in finding and eliminating Thete. “How is he faring?” questioned Bandiaca. “He’s just fine,” M’hou answered with a grim smile. Farther away on the island there was a fight in progress. Seles was punching the machines and causing them to detonate when they overwhelmed the Toa. The Toa of Gravity was doing his best to keep them down while the Toa of Plasma was melting them away, but the two were becoming overrun and tired. Thete was opening fire everywhere, doing what he could to stop the machines, but that didn’t help too much with actual soldiers. He would kick them away and fire. Rien was slashing everything away that she could, but there were just too many enemies, “We need a plan!” she shouted. “I’d like to know why this is happening!” Seles shouted, punching a warrior away and then turning to look up at the incoming aerial attack. He reached up along with Thete, using their powers together to stop the machinery, and then detonate the potential energy. Then Thete opened fire while Seles bent the shots. As more started to rush them, something happened. A blade cut them down as someone approached. The footsteps were heavy and booming. Whatever the approaching presence was, they didn’t like it, and gathered together as a team. Soon they saw the figure, forcing Rien to mutter, “Ucen…” But this wasn’t the Blood Swordsman. He had the body of Ucen, but it was modified. It was heavily covered in machinery and cybernetics. A white and crimson foot, white and crimson armor to go with the opposite color. The armor was mismatched and different types of armor on his legs. Behind his legs was heavier machinery, such as pneumatics. He had tubing running through his armor. He had a heavy cylindrical curved piece on his chest with a claw over the top of it, and one on each shoulder and upper arm. More tubing was running along his body, and he had an eyepiece over his right eye; now fully mechanical due to the addition. He had claws tipping each hand. His right was a spinning mechanical claw, small and made for shredding. The right was made for gripping and much larger. He had blades on parts of his body, and carried a large double sided crescent blade of red and white, covered in spikes. It was similar to his former weapon. But this wasn’t Ucen. It was UCeN; revived as a cyborg thanks to the Void Foundation. “Found cut through the head, according to the reports by Seraph,” M’hou said to Bandiaca, “The Foundation repaired him and repaired the damage. He’s a monstrous machine now, with no memory and heavy weaponry. His name remains the same…just changed a bit. He has two meanings to his name, according to the reports. Unlimited Core Negater and Uncovered Cyborg Next. Both fit well.” Seles threw his hand out, “I’ll just kill you!” he shouted, unleashing his power. But something stopped the Toa of Energy’s attempt; something inside of UCeN was preventing him from being detonated in that manner. “No…,” Thete muttered, trying to shut him down, but it didn’t work. Rien lifted her blade, “Everyone be ready!” As UCeN walked forward, he stopped and lowered his arms. The three cylindrical pieces opened up, revealing rows of missiles, all of which were fired at the Toa. Thete and Seles did what they could. The Toa of Gravity tried to stop them, but the attacks hit, leaving only Rien standing, as the Toa of Plasma couldn’t escape in time. She lifted the Flame Buster, struggling to keep her mind going. How could she fight him? He lifted his large blade and walked towards her. Things had just gotten bad. And then she spied Marcko watching, lifting his weapon. “Thete!” he shouted, “Get up! She has her foe…you’re mine! Now get up and die!” Recla Nui. In the aftermath of the Eruo attack the island wasn’t left in very good condition, not that it ever had been in great condition, overall. But now Madan, a new batch of Sins, and some of his minions were there, along with more Foundation soldiers. Patience was among the ranks of his men, along with other virtues he had recreated or created for the first time. “If only Lyala were here…,” he mused, “Or Kaori…” But M’hou had rebuilt Kaori, only for Lyala to kill the cyborg. It didn’t really matter to Madan, though. As the soldiers were prepared to be launched, something happened. Attacks rained down on his forces before they could do anything. Flames rained down, exploding on impact. Water slammed around them, pushing Sins around, and then they were frozen over. The ground just started to explode and Lightning began to rain down as well. Five Toa were seen walking towards them. A Toa of Fire, Water, Ice, Energy and Lightning. All of them were using their powers to attack, to stall, to do what damage they could to the compressed forces. Madan lifted his staff, unleashing a blast of power. The Toa didn’t move, except for the Toa of Energy, who used his Kakama with his powers to dash in and around, canceling it out by using his speed for power to match. “Good move,” he muttered, “Who are you people?” “The blazing inferno of Recla Nui! Toa Eiros!” “The energizing wave of Recla Nui! Toa Gerat!” “The frozen master of Recla Nui! Toa Leros!” “The flashing bolt of Recla Nui! Toa Yuna!” “The crashing wave of Recla Nui! Toa Zera!” Fire, Energy, Ice, Lightning, Water. “Together by Unity, fighting for Duty, preparing for Destiny, we are the Toa Recla!” they called at once. Madan shook his head, “Well then, this is interesting. You guys seem to know what you’re doing.” Eiros ran for him, leaping up with his Miru’s help and coming down, slashing. He parried with his staff and pushed the Toa of Fire back. Eiros span and threw his hand out, unleashing a pulsating blast of Fire which exploded as soon as it hit the staff. He came out of the explosion at Madan, slashing. Madan managed to parry the acrobatic strikes, forcing them to lock weapons. “We will stop you, whoever you are,” hissed Eiros. “I doubt that,” retorted Madan, pushing him back. Doppel Nui. Uva, Sagarc, Zedd, Monsth, Drachius and Seriun were the ones in charge of an attack by soldiers of the Phantasmal Raiders, Eruo, and Foundation soldiers. Monsth had annoyance with leading Foundation soldiers, after what he had gone through, and since the Foundation had been the one putting the hits on their heads. There were no Toa on this island, not anymore. The people would bow to them and this would be simple. “Monsth!” Monsth lifted his axe onto his shoulder as he watched soldiers falling to Fire, Water, and Brimstone attacks. It was Ilos; the X-Toa. He gripped his axe tighter. This would be interesting. “The master of the poisons of nature, fated to defend Recla Nui! Toa Ilos!” he shouted as he opposed Monsth. “We’re not on Recla Nui anymore,” he reminded. “I am still its guardian,” he answered. Drachius and Seriun were ready to intervene when they saw two Toa rushing them, slashing them down. They rolled aside and watched as the two Toa stopped their swift movements. “Toa Cesare,” Cesare told Seriun. “Magis,” Magis told Drachius, lifting his weapon to match Drachius’s spear. “Three Toa?” Monsth questioned Ilos. “We’re enough,” Ilos said, lifting his blade. “Uva, Sagarc, go and lead your men. Find the Saint. Zedd?” “He’s mine,” Zedd pushed Monsth aside. Monsth shook his head. “Wrong answer.” He cleaved Zedd in half at the waist, killing him. He lifted his axe back up to Ilos, waiting for the Toa to move first. The three Toa waited for the Eruo to move, and when they tensed on either side, the battles began. As Gamel, Jaki and Lyala led the attack on an island already in turmoil thanks to Lokar’s involvement and the newly deposed Princess trying to incite riots, this was proving to be simple. Lyala was the brains of this attack, however, and was still thinking, always thinking of how this island worked, and how to take advantage of it. It was one massive city; how best to fight? Some figures were watching. One of them spoke. “This appears to be the reason Destiny made me move.” The other snapped his fingers, “Destiny is fickle? No. This was the reason. I’m sure. My men and I are ready, though.” Toa Hoji and Toa Sion. Agri and Eri were also there with Hoji; Agri being an Inika, Eri being normal like himself. The Toa team of the island was ready; composed of Seig, Yuli, Raiz and Ryza, along with Sion and his Island Defense force. Hoji moved from the ledge and walked back, finding a piece of armor. Sion looked back at him, “My men will keep those sea creatures at bay for now.” “I appreciate it,” Hoji said as he pulled the armor on, “We’ll try to take out their leaders.” Sion nodded, “Make it quick.” “It’s my turn,” Hoji said, “I’ll make it swift.” He was wearing armor. Large silver plates covered his legs with claws pointing down, and more blades and armor, coving up past his knees. He wore new armor over his chest with it covering his shoulders with reversed wings. He wore wings off of the backs of his arms, with hooked arms coming down off of them like talons. He also had armor coming off of the backs of his legs that acted as claws and talons of sorts. He wore an optical visor, similar to Sion’s. He used a large talon weapon on his right arm, wielding it in hand for better control as well, while his left had an orange shield; a small one. It would absorb energy and redirect fire as long as he put a spark into it. He had met Thete and done him a favor. This armor was meant for Tala, but Tala was dead, so Hoji was given it instead. Eri was running out to see him, “Hoji! Hurry! I’ll meet you at the point!” Hoji nodded and ran off of the ledge, shooting off and raining down Fire as he flew, just to be of help, shooting after his enemies, while Agri moved along the ground with Eri. Agri turned to her, “I like that thing.” She nodded, “It’s nice to be together again. We’re all different now.” He smiled and nodded, “Yeah. Inika, that armor, and you.” “I’m all I need,” she said, running off with him. Sieg was fighting against one of the Foundation’s soldiers, blocking the blade and ducking, slashing with wind blades to cut it down, “Raiz!” Raiz ducked and rolled, coming up to cut one down, “I’m fine!” he shouted, his back covered in wounds. Ryza and Yuli were back to back, throwing off electrical attacks in both directions. They were able to shut down the machines, at least. “It’s working!” Yuli called. “I’d rather be fighting directly,” Ryza muttered, “Looks like I’ll get a chance later.” “Don’t go looking for a fight,” Seig warned as he cut one down with his blade, “Just be careful. We all have to come out of this alive!” Rien was slashing as UCeN waited for the blade to return. It was thrown like a boomerang, leaving him vulnerable for now, but she couldn’t do anything to his thickly armored body. As his spinning right claw came up to shred at her, she ducked and slashed it off. The other claw came in to attack, she ducked and span around, slashing and catching him across the face, then rolled. The blade came back, stabbing into UCeN’s chest, empty of its missile payload. UCeN stumbled back, having been unable to catch thanks to her blinding strike. She rose and ran forward, running her blade through the head, killing the main CPU, ending the threat of the machine. Meanwhile, Thete ducked behind a tree as Marcko’s bullet just missed. He came out and opened fire, but Marcko rolled to avoid, taking up his shot from the ground and firing. The bullet lodged itself into Thete’s right thigh, dropping him to one knee. He opened fire, but Marcko kept hidden for now. Marcko was stealthy, moving around and getting behind Thete, lifting his weapon, “Die.” A blast of Gravity slammed into Marcko, throwing him aside, seriously wounding him. Thete looked back, “He was mine! You don’t interfere in another’s fight!” “I’m sorry!” he apologized. Thete shook his head, “Another day, Marcko…” “Keep fighting!” Rien shouted, running off with the others, if they could follow. Madan pushed Eiros back, sending him sprawling. Leros leapt in, slashing with his claws, but Madan was able to parry the first few. Then he interlocked his claws with the shaft to keep them pinned together, following up with ducking for Zera to come in and unleash a spiral of Water into his chest, slamming it home and throwing him back. Gerat sped in, stopping abruptly and slamming a punch down, sending the shock into the downed Madan, pushing him into the ground with the force of the blow. Madan saw a large wound on the man’s chest, very cracked armor. His Sins were downed, his warriors were being crushed. These Toa knew what they were doing. He was powerful, but they were good. Ilos was downed by Monsth’s axe. Magis had slashed Drachius back with his weapon, keeping him down with his Air powers, while Cesare was having trouble with Seriun’s negating field. Cesare was using his shield to block anything, then follow up with punches from it and slashes of his sword. The two Junkers were strong, and soon the two Inika were downed just like Ilos. The defenders were gone, and Monsth and his forces were able to advance. “Ilos is a good warrior. I will only return after the mission,” Monsth said, “And if he allies with these people, leave them as well.” As they advanced, they found a pit that had been dug by others of his command. He dropped down and saw the large stone door with an intricate lock. He felt it, but it wasn’t simple. It would be hard to open. He began to focus his various powers into it in an attempt to unlock this presumably final door. Water rained down. He glanced up to see other Junkers having beaten his men aside and were flooding him. The price on his head was still there, it seemed. “Drachius! Seriun!” His X-Junkers began to fight their way through as Monsth flew out of the hole to fight for now. Monsth was swift in his fighting, “Go after the others! These are mine!” The two ran off to deal with anyone else who invaded while Monsth fought off this batch. He glanced back to see Ilos slashing, but he ducked and dodged. Ilos threw his left hand up to Monsth’s face, unleashing his powers. Monsth stumbled back, throwing a bolt of Shadow into his foe’s chest, throwing him down. Monsth laughed, then coughed. “No…” Ilos had scarred his lungs it seemed. He had to get to the Saint…get its power…or else… As he leapt into the pit, he stumbled and collapsed. Ilos had killed him. Magis and Cesare were getting back up, “I can’t believe there are so many,” Magis muttered. “We have to keep fighting,” Cesare answered, running off. Magis nodded, “Yeah…let’s just hope this is almost over.” Gamel and Jaki were swiftly confused by Hoji’s flight over them, hammering them with fire and claws. As they turned to watch him, Eri and Agri struck from behind, her Water being a conductor for his Lightning and Earth, doing nice damage to the two. Gamel went down, but Jaki was still fighting. Lyala lifted her Mirror of Death, but Eri threw her sword at it, smashing it. Wrapping liquid around the hilt she drew the sword back and took a few steps forward, cutting her across the chest, dropping her as she infused Water around the blade to assist in the cut. Hoji landed and opposed the two Raiders, lifting his shield to block Jaki’s blow. As it flickered on fire he pushed Jaki’s weapon back and leapt forward, driving his fist in with an explosion of fire, taking Jaki down. “This is the final battle,” Hoji said, “I don’t know what you people are after, but we Toa will not let it be found! This will not stand! Tell that to your master…we will defeat all of you! This is our Duty! Our Duty as Toa!”“It’s time we made our move. The weapon must be completed, and Lokar must be stopped. But if even the Makuta couldn’t stop him, then what hope do we have, if we cannot find this weapon? Will he obtain the Saints powers? Or…could they help us? Or are we here alone? Next time, “Chapter 5: Countdown” Here…the end!”Review

5: Countdown The Chariot fell as Garren impaled him with his Crystal blade, while Larc rammed him through his left shoulder, and Chalice his right. Combining their powers, the Tarot was destroyed. Kruger flew on ahead as Rei ducked a swing of The Hanged Man’s weapon. Kruger flew into the face of the enemy, distracting him while Rei span around, tilting a dagger blade up at the foe’s back and extending a blade of Lightning, shooting it through the Tarot and slaying him. “He was the weakest!” Kruger warned as the other three ran towards Rei. Kruger let out a shout as he was snatched out of the air, perpetually being wounded by Tenaya’s wing claw which grabbed his arm of a body. Her weapon’s power was coursing through the wing. As Chalice shouted and tried to run her through, she used her second to grab him and take him down with the same affect. Larc slashed at her chest, but she lifted her small weapon up to parry and pushed back, then rammed it into her chest, making her scream and fall to her knees. She as receiving a lesser version of what the other two were going through, but it was still a great, burning intensity. Garren tackled Tenaya in the side, taking her down. The three were freed, with Kruger quickly on the brink of death. Garren kicked her away and created a Crystal shard surging with Lightning. He tossed it to Kruger, “Defend yourself!” he called, lifting his weapon as Tenaya rose, watching him. “You’re mine, Toa of Crystal!” she hissed. “Keep going!” Garren shouted as Rei looked back. “Don’t die!” she shouted, rushing off with the others towards the sea, towards Lokar’s floating castle. The Sun and The Moon floated to stop their progress. They were similar in appearance, with The Moon being white and silver, and The Sun being red. The moon had four limbs, all of them angled upwards, making a sort of crescent, the tips facing skyward, while The Sun had four limbs coming out from the arm area, shooting out in four directions; angled. They were like torsos without legs, just floating, armless, as their arms (or legs as well, in The Moon’s case) were rays or marks to indicate what they were. As the three Toa and Kruger saw them, The Sun unleashed a blast of flames from its entire body. As it raced forward Larc shot her trident out, unleashing a torrent of Water and Lightning to match it, taking it down. Chalice followed up with a blast of Storms directly into The Sun while The Moon flew for Rei, spinning, acting like a blade. Rei rolled aside, Kruger sticking close. As it span around and came for them again, she blasted Lightning for it, but it didn’t slow. As she kept it up, Kruger flew aside, as if to save himself. As it neared, she drew her daggers and matched the blades, sliding back as The Moon pushed. But then Kruger was at its side, ramming the Crystal blade into the face of The Moon, ending it. The Sun wasn’t faring much better with Larc there to negate its attacks. Chalice drew his Blade Blaster and fired on the head from a range. Snapping the blade out as it was stunned, he rushed in and leapt up, slashing it across the face and landing as it fell before him. He span his weapon around and impaled the enemy, ending it. Rei ran back to the others, nodding to Kruger for his assistance. She still didn’t fully trust him, but was warming up to him. She looked at the two downed Tarot, and then saw something strange. They were dissolving into two objects. Two strangely shaped objects with odd carvings covering them. “The weapon pieces…,” Larc gasped. Rei nodded, “This is too easy…” The massive blue figure of The Tower approached. The three lifted their weapons, remembering him from their nightmare incident. But their foe was a general class enemy; they wouldn’t have an easy time with this Tarot. But all The Tower had was a massive pair of claws. This shouldn’t be a hard fight, unless he had abilities they wouldn’t be able to guess. The Star fell to Queln’s staff, leaving only Justice to oppose him. The blind warrior dashed forward, slashing in a wide arc, but if Queln was the target, he wouldn’t be struck so easily. He vanished, appearing behind Justice, but took a slash to his chest as his foe did a full spin. Queln hit the ground and would have cursed if he could have. His short range teleport wasn’t able to outmaneuver the blind warrior, it seemed. Rising, Queln lifted his staff and unleashed a bolt of Chain Lightning, slamming it into the scythe. Then he teleported, appearing behind, teleporting again and continuing to move in a circle, laying the chain around Justice. And by the time the Tarot realized it, he was bound and destroyed. Queln walked down the corridor before he was stopped by Lokar, who had Jindrax at his side. Lokar smiled, “You must be wondering what I am. Am I an avatar? Is this the form I chose to take, as a shape-shifter? Because I know you’re planning your move, and I know you need to know. “The answer is one you shall not have. Queln, if you wish to slay me, then do so now! You get no more information!” Queln lifted his staff and fired, but Lokar’s shadowy arm blocked. “You must be cursing me for fighting this way,” Lokar said, the hand backhanding Queln down the hall. Another appeared, gripping him and lifting him up into the air, “But this is my way, because of what I am,” he smiled, “Now Queln. I hope you’re satisfied. And know your teleportation won’t work. I granted it, but I’ll let you keep it as you die.” And so Queln was crushed. “Jindrax?” Lokar questioned. “Sorry,” he hissed, ramming his black sword into Lokar’s back, impaling him. Lokar didn’t move. He just fell to the ground as Jindrax walked off. His loyalty was elsewhere; to Madan. He was a Sin. The last Greed, absorbing many foes to obtain his current appearance. He was here to serve Madan, and his own greed. Tenaya swung her clawed wings out, but Garren kept ducking and dodging. He span around and slashed widely with a Crystal extension on his staff, but she dodged back, blocking down with her weapon before kicking him back. As he stumbled she leapt forward, swinging her wing out. Garren threw his left hand up, impaling the claw with a Crystal. The Lightning began to run through her wing as he shattered it, fragmenting shards into her wing. As she cried out he rammed his weapon forward, impaling her other wing as she moved. She slammed him in the back of the head with her weapon, bringing him screaming to his knees. She withdrew it and kneed him in the face, dropping him onto his back. She rammed her weapon into his throat, causing him to scream until his voice was nothing. “Don’t get back up,” she hissed, rising and walking away. But he had hung on. He tried to make a sound, but couldn’t. His vocal abilities were shot; gone. But he slowly rose, despite the searing pain, lifting his hand up to make a blade to throw. She turned back to look at him, “What did I tell you?” she hissed, stalking towards him, “Why won’t you just die?” she shouted, running now. He changed his attack. He took control of the shards imbedded in her wings, slashing them across her body. Her eyes widened with realization as she was cut apart, dropping in her run and dying. The Tower had fallen. Something had happened, as he had let out a scream of anguish without the Toa having to do anything. Moving on, they could only wonder. But when they saw the black figure of The Devil on his knees by the shore, intent on stopping them, they knew something was wrong. “Move on,” Rei said, “He’ll die soon, just like The Tower. I don’t know what this is, but don’t question it. Move!” As they moved onto the boat they saw the figure of Vexacus waiting for them, sword drawn, in his normal form. He lifted his sword up as he saw them. “I’ll let two of you go,” he said. Larc lifted her trident, “I’ll face you for now.” “Go,” he told Rei and Chalice, stepping aside for them. They ran on, wishing Larc luck as she leapt for him, swinging her trident for him. Garren was nearing the boat for now, while the other two kept rushing in deeper before stopping to find Jindrax walking around. He lifted his claw swords up, “Well, two Toa. I’m the one in charge now. I’ll kill you both.” Both lifted their Blade Blaster swords and rushed him. Rei swung high while Chalice swung low. Parrying the high with his double blades, he swung his other low and kicked Chalice back. As he stumbled he let loose a blast for Jindrax while Rei ducked and fired low, aiming up higher at an angle for him. He took the hits and stumbled back. Rei leapt forward, slashing down with her blade again, crackling Lightning through it to blast him back. She withdrew her blade and swung it for him, but he parried with his black sword, pushed her back and stabbed her through the chest with his twin blades, gorging her. “Rei!” Chalice screamed as he ran forward, slamming his short weapon down to unleash a torrent of power as he unleashed the Storms for Jindrax. The Sin slashed the attack away with one swing of his sword, since the attack was compressed. But the Lightning clung to his blade. He glanced down, seeing Rei’s hand up. “No!” he screamed as the Lightning tore through the blade and into his arm, causing it to send him into the wall. As he slid down he saw her Blade Blaster aimed at his face, and she fired. Chalice hurried towards her, “Are you ok?” he asked quickly, looking at her wounds, then back to her face. “I’m fine,” she said, “Let’s just keep going…” The two stumbled through the halls, the weapon pieces with Rei. They would figure it out when they could, and were just hoping it would react to Lokar. But they saw nobody, not even the Matoran who served on the boat. When they reached the throne room they found Vexacus throwing Larc to the ground at their feet. He turned and walked off, “I have no interest anymore,” he said simply, gesturing to the empty throne, “He’s dead.” Chalice hurried to Larc, “She’ll live.” Rei panted, “If she can get up, I’d appreciate it very much…” Garren was dropped into the center of the room from nowhere. Chalice hurried over to him, “Garren! Are you ok?” Kruger floated in from another hallway, “I don’t see anyone! Something isn’t right here…even if an invasion happened, we’d see Matoran!” “They’re mourning,” a voice said from the throne. Looking up, Lokar was suddenly seated there. “Mourning?” questioned Chalice. “Mourning me,” he said simply, “Jindrax killed me, after all.” “Just what are you?” demanded Rei. Larc was starting to come around. Garren was awake but didn’t speak. He couldn’t. “What’s that?” Lokar questioned, directing to the bag Rei had. “Do it!” Kruger told her, “Kill him!” He looked slightly amused as she pulled the four pieces out of the bag, letting them fall on the floor. They began to glow and float in the air before her, spinning around and facing towards Lokar. Energy gathered and the room shook, the air filled with pure power. And then they were gone. Lokar laughed, “I made that story up! Even the original legend! I’m impressed you were able to get all four, since they were obscurely hidden for the first two. The last two…I grew bored and threw you a bone.” “You cur!” Larc shouted as she got up, swaying. “None of you are in condition to fight,” Lokar told them, “And I have The Devil remaining. You can’t win.” “We’ll win,” Rei told him, despite her serious wound. She was rising, “We’ll win because we’re Toa!” “You Toa have been able to thus far repel my attacks on the other islands,” Lokar told her, “Your leader is a part of it. Hoji. Your teammates are fighting my power elsewhere, all in a vain attempt to stop me.” “We will win!” Chalice shouted, “The others have their fight…we have ours! This is ours!” “Devil…be gone.” Nothing happened, but it seemed The Devil was wiped out, if his words were indication. “Emperor…be gone.” This time Forte didn’t die. His powers did, but he returned to his normal state, before the Foundation changed him. Lokar smiled as he looked at the Toa before him, all of them weak, wounded, but his mission was one out of boredom. He was bored, so he sought the Saints for pure power. “I’m more than you can ever imagine…,” he said, smiling. His body was gone, reduced to sand on the throne. A vicious grin emerged from above the throne; appearing out of the shadow. But Lokar was gone. “Is it…over…?” Rei muttered. It was. The four islands which were attacked lay in ruins, but rebuilding was possible and beginning. With the Toa to help, the work would go much faster. Some enemies had escaped, including Bandiaca, Forte, Sagarc, Marcko and Lyala. Vexacus was the only survivor of Cyril Nui. Garren had healed, but his throat was still too damaged. He would never speak again. But he could live with that, for now. Rei remained, leader. Of course, Chalice and Larc were also present, making up the Toa Cyril. A team of five had become six. Three more had joined their fight. The nine had never fought as one, but they had branched out and joined others. The trial of a Toa had continued for them as they fought with strangers and old allies alike. This was the legacy the Toa Cyril had left for their island. A legacy of power. From Cyril to Nova. Nova to Cyril and to Inika. The growing and changing powers of the Cyril had helped them in their fights, along with the Three Virtues. But Lokar was still there, somewhere. He was still some hidden, secret being who may return one day. His quest for the Saints still incomplete. But if he returned, the Toa would fight. That was their Duty. To protect the Matoran. To protect everything they could. They would lay down their lives for this, if need be. They were far from ready for a being like Lokar, but they were ready. They would fight. As Toa.Review