The fifth season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuted on Cartoon Network yesterday. It was an interesting episode but sadly there is no where do discus it on BZPower. In June, I inadvertently killed the last star wars topic and it expired July 18th. henceforth, I have taken the liberty to create a new one.This topic is to be used in the discussion of everything star wars, The movies, the clone wars, video games, expanded universe, and memorabilia are all excepted topics for discussion. Everything is open as long as it is remotely related to the franchise.The first episode of the fifth season called Revival aired on the 29th. Several events of note took place.

The death of Adi GalliaOrdinarily I would be annoyed that George Lucus committed another atrocious retcon but considering his history of rewriting the EU I'm no longer surprised. In previous episodes he has rewritten the back-stories of Asajj Ventress and Grevious, had Dengar appear before he could conceivably become a bounty hunter, and killed Even Piell in a completely different method then previously written. Just like Piell, Gallia has received the clone wars treatment and been killed by Savage Opress instead of General Grevious. From the minute she sat down with Kenoni in that Eta-class shuttle, she mine as well have been waring a red shirt. Lucas seems to like killing Jedi who did not have deaths in the movies and well it bothers me that he continually discards established canon I must admit I'm getting used to it.

Friction between the Maul and Savage OpressI predicted this might happen eventually. The rule of two exists for a reason and now that three sith plus Opress and Ventress are running around it's inevitable that conflict would occur. Evidence is when Opress challenged Maul and got pawned in a mattered of moments. It's sith nature to fight amongst themselves and I foresee Opress and Maul butting heads more in the future. I predict that one will kill the other, most likely Maul with strike down his brother but the opposite is just a likely. Ether way the brothers certainly have a rocky relationship ahead of them that will positively end in their deaths.

Palpatine calling off the hunt for the brothersI think it is apparent that Palpatine wishes to reunite with his former apprentice. During the events leading up Naboo Darth Maul was unwaveringly loyal to his master and Darth Sideous would be foolish to not try and get his ace back. Maul never once attempted to overthrow Sideous when he was his apprentice but I can imagine he might be bitter after he was abandoned by his master half the man he used to be. Maul might not be so easy to control as he once was and Sideous might have problems reeling him back in.That still leaves the problem of the rule of two. Darth Maul and Darth Tyranus will have to compete for their master's favor and only one can prevail. Maul might not take to well to being replaced after Naboo and might have a bone to pick with Dooku as a result. I can see Sideous facilitating anther fight like he did with Anakin vs. Tyranus and Luke vs. Vader to pick his new favorite.The problem with this is that unlike Maul, Dooku is not just a thug. He is charismatic and the figurehead of the CIS, his death will certainly create shock-waves and would likely interfere with his plains to become emperor. Maul would be unable to take Dooku's place as head of the confederacy if Dooku were struck down and in that regard Tyrannus is indispensable to him.This poses a problem. Palpatine will want Darth Maul back in the game because of his previous usefulness but there can only be two sith. One will have to die but Dooku still represents an impotent part of the master plain.

Discuss

That is all