Set Review : 7553, City Advent Calendar

Kaxix

Completed!

Christmas is slowly arriving but before it there is the Advent Calendar!I chose the classic Lego Advent Calendar, the City one.This year the set is number 7553.The box

img_1171.jpgThe Advent Calendar boxes are all more or less the same. There is a wintry landscape with Lego characters that are having fun. This year Santa isn't on the front anymore but we can find him on the back. At the top of the box there is the list of the pieces.Again on the back there is also a picture showing something new about this year's advent calendar: a little building and a small vehicle.Other pictures: 1 2 3As the other past ones, the set doesn't have any instruction booklet.You musn't open the box as you regulary do, but you have simply to cut two tape pieces.img_1176.jpgThe opened box shows a view of a lego city and a snowy park where you are going to pose your characters.Other pictures 1 2Now let the fun begin!Day 1Today's present is a lego thief minifigure with a black hat and a red scarf. He also has a white piece (a bottle of milk? a snowball, thanks Xalen)

Other pictures

1 2 3 4

Now our dear thief has a catapult to play with! Not much to say about it. It works fine but it is quite boring to play with.

:P

Other pictures

1 2 3 (extra pieces)

A policeman with handcuffs. He has a white hat and the usual black uniform.

Other pictures

1 2 3 4 5 (extra piece)

The first part of the small building. It looks ok but it early to judge the building.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 6 (extra piece)

Another part of the building. Same colours, almost the same pieces however there is a police tile on it.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

The Christmas tree! Even if it isn't as good as the previous one it still looks cool. The lights are ok but I wasn't expecting anything more.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 (extra pieces)

Presents, presents! Two Christmas presents ( one red-green and one yellow-green), a blue skateboard and a grey helmet. They all look perfect under the little Christmas tree. I guess a little minifigure is coming soon...

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 (extra pieces)

A desk for the little police station. Simple but it is enough for our policeman. I didn't have the red version of the cup before.

Other pieces:

1 2 3 4 (extra pieces)

Directly from the arctic expedition serie we have a new minifigure!... Actually no, but he has similar clothes and more common sunglasses. He has got also an axe probably for wood.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 (extra pieces)

What about fishing in a city park and then roast your prey in the same park near the police station? (Is that even legal???) Lego City seems to have its own laws.

:P

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

The entrance of the police station! Our policeman is glad to see it.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

Finally the last part of the police station. Another wall with a window to complete it. I can't really say that I like how the white flat pieces are positioned on the "roof". I would have liked to see them cover over the parts of the "roof".

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4

(no extra pieces today)

Another policeman joins the team. His clothes are the typical ones from the newest lego line in particular he's wearing a white cap, smaller compared to the old lego caps He has got a black radio (the walkie talkie, a piece created back in the 80's)

Anyways our favourite policaman now has someone to talk to.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

A new accessory for the police station: a table with a lamp and a magnifying glass. The lamp is just perfect but the magnifying glass looks way too big for the table.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4

(no extra pieces today)

A little car for.... actually I don't know. I think he/she will be revealed in the upcoming days.

All the pieces used are quite old. The black piece was first used back in 1987.

:biggrin:

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

More pieces for the car! Today we get white pieces for its frame and its headlights.

I must admit that the its colour scheme (blue-white) looks good so far.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 (extra piece)

Now the car is completed! It doesn't look like a police car to be honest but policeman#2 can use it anyways.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5

(no extra pieces today)

Help!! A burglar!! He has got a red pry!

Actually he seems quite innofensive. He has got the same hat of the first minifigure of the Advent Calendar, the thief, but it is grey.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

A safe containing two gold ingots. The wheel piece is useless but it is appropriate.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

I am very pleased to see an orange snowmobile. It is pretty simple and cool at the same time. This vehicle belongs to the burglar.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra pieces)

A sled with a wooden box on it, for presents...or maybe for the safe ^^.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4

(no extra pieces today)

Another snowmoblie, different colours but same pieces. Whose vehicle is this?

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 (extra pieces)

A brown dog with a bone. I don't know who does he belong to but I have placed it near the police station for now.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 (extra piece)

What a surprise! Santa and ... a fireplace?!

Santa has some presents as usual and I guess they added the fireplace in order to recreate the scene of Santa's arrival.

I placed the fireplace in the police station.

Other pictures:

1 2 3 4 5 6 (extra pieces)

The scene is now completed. These pictures were taken with a difference of one "lap".

img_1387.jpg

img_1389.jpg

Oh well, Merry Christmas!

img_1391.jpg

If you want any kind of additional pictures just ask!

:)

Edited by Kaxix

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

It's actually a snowball - one of the later models is a small Kingdoms catapult to throw the snowballs, which is why they're snow "cylinders" this year. I saw it on the back of the box, and I'm opening the days one by one as you are so I don't know which day it is.

It's actually a snowball - one of the later models is a small Kingdoms catapult to throw the snowballs, which is why they're snow "cylinders" this year. I saw it on the back of the box, and I'm opening the days one by one as you are so I don't know which day it is.

Oh, thank you. However I personally think they should have used this piece as snowball. That one is just too big for a minifigure. ;)

Oh, thank you. However I personally think they should have used this piece as snowball. That one is just too big for a minifigure. ;)
It does seem disproportionate. :P But like I said, the reason they're using 1x1 brick round this year is probably so they can launch from the catapult included in one of the other days.

It does seem disproportionate. :P But like I said, the reason they're using 1x1 brick round this year is probably so they can launch from the catapult included in one of the other days.
Yes, that's the reason without any doubts.The catapult is today's present! Edited by Kaxix