Sets Not to Scale

Toa Alvarno

It doesn't bother me one bit. Why? LoSS would've ended up a 20$ set if it was like the one in the animations.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It doesn't bother me one bit. Why? LoSS would've ended up a 20$ set if it was like the one in the animations.

I'd rather have a huge LoSS. Something truly intimidating.

Your LoSS is my LoSS.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I should also add, concerning this topic, that I really hope they don't do what they did in Hero Factory and completely change the style of the line. While they still maintained the "buildable figure" idea in 2014, they completely messed up the scaling of the sets by introducing vehicles and monsters with the main figures being shrunk to minifigures.

It's okay if it happens as a separate line like what Bionicle did in 2006-2008 with the playsets, but being part of the main wave of figures, I mean, it might be just my opinion, but it bothers me quite a bit.

I should also add, concerning this topic, that I really hope they don't do what they did in Hero Factory and completely change the style of the line. While they still maintained the "buildable figure" idea in 2014, they completely messed up the scaling of the sets by introducing vehicles and monsters with the main figures being shrunk to minifigures.

It's okay if it happens as a separate line like what Bionicle did in 2006-2008 with the playsets, but being part of the main wave of figures, I mean, it might be just my opinion, but it bothers me quite a bit.

Or had Bionicle introduced, and killed off Hero Factory as a constraction line and retained it as minifigs.

cringe

With Hero Factory, I was totally okay with it because a) we had had so many similarly-scaled versions of the heroes already, so having a set with differently-scaled heroes was a nice change of pace, b) it allowed for set designs that would not have ever been feasible otherwise, with huge mechs for the heroes and titanic "villains" that dwarfed the main characters, c) because the figs represented the most iconic characters with designs that were true to their classic appearances, and d) because the Hero Factory theme was ending, and by giving fans minifig-scaled heroes they allowed the theme to become more versatile than ever, allowing you to build actual HF scenes and locations instead of just figures.

With Bionicle, I wouldn't want a scale change for an entire year like that, to be sure. But I do deeply hope that we might someday get iconic minifig depictions of the Toa, maybe even using the same basic Herofig build. The ability to insert Herofigs into a System display, or give your "sig-fig" a HF helmet and armor, was just too cool. And I'd love to have playset-like sets in the future so that the vibrant world of the new Bionicle doesn't have to remain limited to artwork and animations, and can be released "in the brick" as well. And if the new Bionicle theme ended up having to be drawn to a close with a limited budget? Maybe a scale-change to minifig-scale wouldn't be so bad in that case—it'd certainly be better than the Bionicle Stars, which changed the scale WITHOUT the benefit of increasing compatibility with traditional Lego.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother