Help/tips On How To Draw Bionicles?

SolitaryHyena

Hello, I have been drawing bionicles for quite some months, but the drawing of it always seem to come out pretty sloppyish, mostly cuz i have to keep erasing unwanted lines and stuff like that. I did try and trace over with pen, but it doesn't help much. Anyways, if you see some of my topics, like toa mata lewa/tahu drawings, you could see that their okay i guess, but lack like cleanness. I recently tried drawing the mata like my own way, like adding my own different parts, but its didnt turn out too well. So I thought about asking other artists who draw bionicles really well and how they actually draw theirs, and how they add their own mechanicle parts to it and stuff like that. So, basically, i just need your advice/tips and how you draw bionicles, specifcally toa mata/nuva. But another problem i think is that im not exactly that skilled in drawing, and is struggling alot on trying to copy the parts of the sets. Like i have Tahu mata right next to me and i try to draw him, though it turns out pretty awkward at times so then i have to erase lines. Another problem i seem to have is patience, i seem very patient at the start of the drawing, then towards the end i start speeding up like really wanting to finish the drawing, so its starts to look not as good as planned. And i also seem to have a problem with drawing mechanicle stuff. I recently am just sketching thngs like anime/manga picture from the interent, to just see how i can actually draw each of them, but i tried drawing EVA 01(from evangelion) and it turned out not as good, and so i think i do have trouble drawing mechs. So again, advice/tips from you is what i really need, encouragment maybe too. Thanks, I hope i'll get some fantastic tips from you all. :D Also, if this isn't in the right fourms, please move it?

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Sorry, but this topic isn't allowed, as all topics here must present art, and it's basically a request topic; rules say you should ask for advice in your sig. And really, there's no much to say here; you will decide your own style and if you're having trouble drawing the lines (who doesn't? :)) practice will help, not words here. :P Unless you wanna use a ruler. Also, people can give such advice already in your actual artwork topics. :)If you're interested I have a basic art guide you might find helpful on my blog; you can find it from the "best of" link below, and look for the drawing guide. :) It includes tips on things like perspective which can help when drawing mechanical parts.Topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)