END THE WAR!

Fastcar800

Ok, the war between BIONCILE and Hero Factory has to stop! Fans of one of the themes hate the other theme. Let me say this. If BIONICLE and HF were existing at the same time, would you hate HF or hate BIO? The two should exist in peace! I love BIO, but I also love HF! So lets stop this pointless arguing! Who's with me? :bigsmile:

virux4.5-500.jpg

Ok, the war between BIONCILE and Hero Factory has to stop! Fans of one of the themes hate the other theme. Let me say this. If BIONICLE and HF were existing at the same time, would you hate HF or hate BIO? The two should exist in peace! I love BIO, but I also love HF! So lets stop this pointless arguing! Who's with me? :bigsmile:
Unfortunately people will keep arguing as long as they have a preference of one over the other, and it's nobody's place to tell other people what they should or shouldn't like. They're similar in a lot of ways, but for some people they're different in the ways that count the most.There's a place for civil discussion of the pros and cons of the two themes, and even for direct comparisons of their strengths and weaknesses, but any time that discussion starts there's the risk that someone might, even inadvertently, cause it to escalate into an argument. The argument will never go away unless people stop discussing both things, just as people will never stop arguing about whether BIONICLE ended well or badly.But in general I think we can learn to live with this. Tensions are much lower than they were when BIONICLE ended, and it's easy to discuss either theme or both themes without getting into an argument. Back in the day the divisiveness of BIONICLE's conclusion made it difficult for me to stay on BZPower, and I left for a year or so. When I came back, things were much better than when I had left, and I wouldn't be here today if it weren't a great place for discussing BIONICLE and Hero Factory alike. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

It only becomes (or remains) a war if yall keep making it out to be a war, and that goes for you too, FastCar800. :) Calm, friendly discussion, respectful of each others' different tastes, including if one group naturally likes just one of the two significantly more than the other and continues to do so, is what heals divides. :)All-caps and over-excited disagreement are what tend to divide.Furthermore, people will likely always continue to form and change different opinions about what they think LEGO should do. And LEGO will always get disagreement even when they are definitely doing the best overall thing. (Plus it's always possible they might not happen to do the best thing and constructive criticism could shed light on that as it has before.)As such, a topic like this really isn't going to do any good. It's good that you share my sentiments in not wishing there to be anything like a war. :) However, the best way to ensure there is none is to simply practice getting along with everybody and don't get upset when they are upset. Don't let the upset-ness spread; rather, let peace spread. ^_^Finally, 'war' implies flaming and trolling, both of which are already against our rules, and if anyone stubbornly persists in doing such things there are systems of warning and punishment already in place. No need to do what the rules are already doing. :)Topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)