Gundam

Hodor

In order to prevent the Anime thread from being over taken by Gundam talk, I figured I make this thread. Like many, my first Gundam was Wing when it aired on Toonami. And thus, I began my life as a mecha fanboy. Favorite entries are Turn A and G. Can't stand the two Cosmic Era shows, haven't seen 00 or Unicorn. Plan on marathoning the Universal Century timeline before seeing Unicorn though.

hElbrZ6.gif

I've only seen 00 and Seed, and 00 is my favorite in terms of mobile suits, characters, and story. I enjoyed Seed, but it wasn't as good as I espected it to be. I started watching Destiny, but I had to quit seven episodes in because it was so dull and uninteresting (though Infinite Justice is my favorite MS ever). Still haven't got a chance to check out AGE.

First Gundam anime I really got into was 00; while I was waiting for the movie I started watching Unicorn, then went through 0079 since Keroro Gunso has so many references to it it's not even funny, then started Zeta and kinda lost interest. It felt pretty similar to 0079, especially the dynamic between Kamille and Fa and how it seemed so similar to Amuro and Fraw. I also wasn't really looking forward to The O and it's weird hidden beam saber skirt arm things. Gunpla I have tons of 1/144 HGs from Seed and 00, a 1/144 RG RX-78-2 and two RG MS-06S, a 1/100 NG Dynames and Kyrios, and a 1/100 MG Kampfer and GP01Fb.

Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if any of you guys sell or know someone who sells gundams on bzpower. Thanks guys

I don't think so, sorry.

After getting the HG 1/144 Brave Commander, I'm really getting into the 1/144 scale. I've got all three Throne Gundams, the Masurao, the Susanowo, Cherudim GNHW/R, and some action bases in my ToyArena cart. Any other recommended HG models from 00 or other?

Personally I liked Seravee and Arios. Trans-Am Seravee was good too, because it came with Seraphim, but you kinda have to consider the fact that the whole thing is pink and it doesn't come with the GNHW/B. I liked 00 Raiser too, but from what I remember people in the old topic hated it. You have action bases? Lucky... I have to make do with the cheap ones that come with the Gunpla.
19704_s.gif

I just want to display the Thrones together, and three of those nice-looking translucent red action bases would look really spiffy. I'm currently using one for my 1.5 Gundam, and even though I hate that model the stand looks great. That reminds me; I still need action bases for my Master Grades. 00 Qan[T] needs it badly.

I liked 1.5... Of course, I never got Reborns so I can't compare the two but those binders are really fun to mess around with. :P Only MGs I have are a Full Vernian Zephrantes and a Kampfer... I want the HD Color Unicorn really badly, but it's nearly $100 with shipping. <_< Ignition Exia would be cool too, if only for the R1.

19704_s.gif

I can't stand the purplish blue on 1.5; it's just too dull. The Reborns/Cannon is still one of my favorite mobile suits ever, and if any 00 suit needs a Master Grade, it's Reborns. I've almost pulled the trigger on Exia Ignition multiple times, but I've always stopped myself. One of these days...

And you can make it R1! My brother didn't want to put all the decals on his RG RX-78, so I did it for him... had to use tweezers to put most of them on, and I almost lost a couple. <_< Plus the headache I had by the end of it... Looks really nice, though. (I promptly ripped off the head and left arm to do a Last Shooting pose; it was amazing. :P)

19704_s.gif

Zabanya's a great kit; you shouldn't be disappointed. My only gripe with it is its bulky design and lack of a legitimate sniper rifle like Dynames and Cherudim. I wasn't too keen on Lockon's transition from sniper to all-out gunslinger, though I still like the Zabanya's design on its own. By the way, speaking of the 00 LED's...

I grew up on Gundam Wing, Gundam, and G Gundam. So many reruns on Cartoon Network in those times. :pirate:Story wise I thing the original is the best because it has a special feel that "this is where it all started", though technology-wise Gundam 00 and Unicorn impressed me. I want a GN drive. D:I think I have like 50 gunpla now. Half from my childhood and half starting from March this year. most of it is HG 1/144, some HG 1/100, a designer 1/100 of Arios, three MG 1/100 and four gunpla from the late 70's-early 80's. I still want a PG of Strike Freedom though...Also, is anyone else a Closed Beta Tester for SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online? I am! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif

The-Crew-Xbox-360-Ps3-Playstation-3-Wall

The first Gundam anime I watched was SEED. After that I watched Destiny, which was okay, even though there was a bit too much angst and Kira randomly became the main character again. I'm pretty sure Athrun was the true main character of that series, even though it seems as if it is either Shinn or Kira.Later on I watched the original Mobile Suit Gundam, G Gundam, 00 and Wing. My favourite would be G Gundam.This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger and all my sorrow! SHINING FINGER!!!

Anyone here build Gundam model kits? I've mostly got Master Grades but I've been looking to try out some of the recent 1/144s that have come out as well as Real Grades.

Anyone here build Gundam model kits? I've mostly got Master Grades but I've been looking to try out some of the recent 1/144s that have come out as well as Real Grades.

Gunpla I have tons of 1/144 HGs from Seed and 00, a 1/144 RG RX-78-2 and two RG MS-06S, a 1/100 NG Dynames and Kyrios, and a 1/100 MG Kampfer and GP01Fb.

RGs are really nice, but the decals are tiny, so if you want to put all of them on you'll need some tweezers and a whole lot of time.
19704_s.gif

Unless we get 00 or Seed Destiny kits in the line, I'm not interested in RG's. I like my Master Grades on the 1/100 scale, thank you.I'm currently trying to decide between MG Strike Noir and MG 00...

I'd say go for the OO. I have the Strike Noir and it's a good kit, but I found that the OO gives you more value for the money that you spend on it.Also, I'm pretty excited for the MG Duel Assault Shroud that's coming out next year. I'm hoping that this is a hint that the rest of the GAT-X line will get the MG treatment, considering that Bandai looks like it's going to be reviving the Seed line for the 10th anniversary. Edited by Promised Land

My first Gundam series was "Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket". I remember being fascinated by the series. I saw some random UC episodes afterwards, back when they were airing them on Cartoon Network.The series I REALLY got into though was G Gundam. I still think that show was amazing.Anyone remember SD Gundam Force? I loved that show too.I've watched a bit of Gundam Seed, and 00, and have a few figures from Gundam Wing, but the above three are my favorite centuries. Recently, I've been watching episodes of Zeta Gundam, and it is great. I hope to finish the series soon.As for the action figure conversation, I have a few SDs and other figures from varied shows. Never got the model kits though.

Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2