Simularity between Star Wars and Bionicle

Gotta say, not too sure where this exactlly would go (I should know by now, but hey.) I was thinking about stuff and relized there's a lot in common with Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars and Toa Nidhiki. Both began fighting a great war against a dark side. Both had a brother to fight against and trust. Both were brave, and had good intentions. The "dark side" reached out to both, and tempation won both over. When it came to the end of the war, both sided with dark, and their brothers saw this. The "brothers" trusted this pair, and finally gave up on them. Their switch to another side marked the end of the war. Both heroes returned to the dark side, and were transformed for the worse. They were changed in a way that would never allow them to go back to their old ways, on the outside, and inside.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

It is a similarity, though i think that it is a "immortal" part of storytelling, if you know what i mean. For me it's a used in a lot of other stories like krana possession (put some stuff on your face and obey)

Well, Nidhiki never turned back into a good guy in the end. :P That's a rather essential part of the Anakin Skywalker pattern, so I'd say this is a stretch.

This sort of thing, while true as far as it goes, is not allowed for topics (they're called coincidence topics; see "Prohibited Topics" section of S&T rules) because no direct parallel was intended, and you can find parallels between just about any two stories.

For example, all action-adventure stories will have good guys fighting bad guys, and most will have bad guys who were not always evil and often will show how that came about. And a "brother" (I assume you mean Obi-Wan, but it's more of mentor) setup is also very common as that makes the conflict more personal which tends to make for better stories. So nothing here is inherent to either Star Wars or Bionicle. And even if such parallels can be shown that are more statistically rare and shared by Bionicle and any other story, it's still just a coincidence. There's really nothing to add other than "Yes, there's similarities" or "there are differences too."

So, sorry, but the topic will now be closed. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)