Top Ten Tuesday #1: Most Anticipated Books of 2013
Top Ten Tuesday Books 2013
So on a few writing blogs I follow, there's a "Top Ten Tuesday" meme that people do, where each week they give a new theme, and you give your top ten books for that theme. I decided I'd start doing it here. The list is roughly in the order of most- to least-anticipated (with the exception of #10).
Most Anticipated Books of 2013
- Untitled, by Vince Flynn and Brian Haig. Vince Flynn is, if not my favorite, at least one of my favorite authors. And a new book series, co-authored with Brian Haig (who I am also a fan of)? Count me in.
- A Dance with Dragons, by George R. R. Martin. While the book itself has already been released, I'm looking forward to the paperback version that will match the other books in the series that I have. I've only read Game of Thrones and part of Clash of Kings, but I immensely enjoyed both, and can't wait to finish them and read ADwD.
- Unknown Book, by Michael Connelly. Another of my favorite authors. He usually writes at least one book a year, so I'm looking forward to whatever book he writes that comes out in 2013. I'm hoping it's another Mickey Haller book, but I definitely wouldn't mind a Harry Bosch novel, either.
- Unknown Book, by Jim Butcher. Once again, Butcher usually comes out with a new Dresden Files book every year, which is a completely fantastic series -- I definitely look forward to reading his 2013 book, and his book that was released today, Cold Days, should be arriving by UPS within the next day or two.
- Unknown Book, by Tom Clancy. As of 2010, Tom Clancy has been publishing a book or two a year, so I assume that this trend will continue. I still have to read his older books (with the exception of Patriot Games), but I've read Dead or Alive, Against All Enemies, and Locked On and really enjoyed them (and just pre-ordered Threat Vector), so I look forward to whatever he comes out with in 2013.
- Unknown Book, by Brad Thor. Writing a book or two a year, I expect another book to come out in the summer of 2013. I haven't read his latest book, Black List, yet, but I plan to get it shortly.
- Unknown Book, by Ben Coes. A relatively new author, with only three books to his name, has been publishing a book once a year, and as such I expect that he will do so in 2013. I've only read his first book, unfortunately, but I loved it and I have his second.
- The Third Bullet, by Stephen Hunter. Unfortunately, this is one of those authors that I really need to catch up on. I've only read one book by him, and part of another, but I greatly enjoy them, and this book sounds like it's going to be great.
- The Night Ranger, by Alex Berenson. Yet again an author that I really must read more of, having only read one book by him. But I really enjoyed it, and I plan to make my way through his series at some point, and this book sounds interesting.
- Unknown Book, by Unknown Author. I'm sure there's another (if not more than one) book that I'll be eagerly anticipating during 2013, but I'm not sure what that is yet. =P
Feel free to give your own Top Ten Anticipated Books of 2013, comment on mine, etc. I do not own or take credit for the idea of this list, but unfortunately cannot link to where I got it from, as it is a blog with a commenting system.