The slight amount of Paper Mache I put on the Avohkii last week is dry, and has added some structural support.
The Picture is a bit dark
I put the final coat of the clay-like stuff on the forehead of the Helmet on friday, this time sculpting it more with my hands instead of a trowel. I think it turned out fine, even though it isn't entirely dry now. I sanded a bit of the parts that were previously finished, as well. It doesn't seem overly large anymore, and fits almost perfectly. For some pictures I decided to wield an old PVC pipe that was left over from the construction of this house. I also noticed an old circular metal sled, that might work as a shield...
All the armor pieces currently made
Also, I took a few more pictures with the pipe as Vakama's staff(Yeah... it's shorter than I thought it would be :/ )/Kohlii Stick.
I've continuing to Dissect Pringles cans into strips of cardboard. I have made this semi-spherical frame. I could made the other side and attach it, making a sphere, then coat it with Paper Mache. Kohlii Ball, perhaps?
Well, that's all for this weekend. I'm not sure If I'll finish anything next weekend, for I'll be on Vacation most of next week.
I put two coats of paper mache on the helmet, one on the eye-nosepiece,and another on an ear area. I didn't do the forehead, in fear the weight would cause it to cave in. Next weekend I'll put on the last coat and then sand it. As usual, some pictures are blurry.
Picture of the nose.
I've been dissecting pringles cans recently and making little cardboard strips. I've been glueing these together out of boredom.
And I put the clayish stuff in some hard-to-reach places on the Avohkii, after hot glueing the sides a bit for stability.
I would post screenshots, but I'm lazy
Noble Huna: Well, I girded my loins and improvised. It was fairly easier than I expected, and turned out okay after hot-gluing the beard to the mask. Today we primed it.
Companion cube: I'm declaring it Finished! I made a little stencil and have painted all the hearts of the box. I might paint the dark part with a bit darker grey sometime, but for now it's done.
Shoulder plates: I sanded and painted the left shoulder plate. The "Hammered Copper" color is great and the paper-mache really looks like you can see all the hammer-strokes from the blacksmith, making it look awesome. I did all the paper-mache for the right plate, and have sanded it to my satisfaction. We primed it tonight and will paint it tomorrow.
On my shoulder
Kakama: I used some left over paper-mache to fill in the harder to reach cracks on this, which is especially good for the holes that used to be near the mouthpiece.
Helmet: My grandfather finished the inside paper-mache this week and re-primed it. I've been doing the outside paper-mache this weekend, and have about 2/5 done.
Well, that's all for now!
Life is like a box of Grenades.
0 user(s) viewing
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Search My Blog
One question for you all...BULiK - Oct 16 2014 06:25 PM
One question for you all...Overscore - Oct 16 2014 05:20 PM
One question for you all...Actually... I'm Santa - Oct 16 2014 08:31 AM
One question for you all...BULiK - Oct 16 2014 03:55 AM
One question for you all...Xaeraz - Oct 16 2014 12:03 AM