The Powers that Be Continuation

joev14

the_powers_that_be.png

So, after about three weeks of reviewing, restructuring, rewrites, revisions, and all those other words that start with R, I present to you, my continuation of The Powers That Be. It's probable that you've heard many different continuations of this series by other people, but I ask that you take a moment to read mine. I promise you won't be disappointed. Also please give me some of your thoughts in the Review Topic, even if they are short and simple like, "I enjoyed this story, or I didn't enjoy this story."Also, please keep in mind that Velika is not the murder of Tren Krom and Karzahni, I found out about this after I wrote it, and I also quite dislike this revelation of the story.

You can read the original first four chapters that were written by Greg Farshety

here

Chapter 5

Lewa sat in a prison cell made of wood and twigs. He listened to the green beings outside talk amongst each other. If he really wanted to, Lewa could have easily shattered the flimsy structure to pieces, but he wasn’t out to make himself appear threatening, so he decided he would play the weakling unless put in serious danger. One of the beings soon came up to him and handed him a bowl of some strange liquid and said something in the foreign language. All Lewa could make out was a strange word, "Thornax."He didn't understand why he had been given it, but he took it and dipped his head gratefully. The small being walked away, casting mystified and confused looks over his shoulder at Lewa. Suddenly there was a crash, and the massive Reptilian Rahi that he had seen earlier came stomping into the clearing.Several of the small green villagers grabbed spears and rushed at the beast. Lewa watched in horror as one was zapped by the laser, and flew across the clearing, where he landed on the ground, and lay motionless. Lewa wasn't going to sit and watch these people get slaughtered, even if they had been hostile towards him.He flung his arms out, and blasted the prison cell apart. The villagers turned, and stared at him as if they expected him to be allied with the Rahi. Lewa activated his mask power, and launched himself into the air and sailed over the heads of the villagers.He slammed a fist into the Rahi's face, sending it toppling onto its side. The creature groaned, and Lewa used the moment to grab his two Air Katanas that lay in a spear rack by the side of one of the huts. He launched himself into the air again, but before he could strike a second blow to the creature, a massive quake shook the ground, sending the Rahi running back into the forest.When Lewa stood up again, he heard a cheer arise from the villagers. He wasn't quite sure how, but now he could understand the strange villagers. They picked him up and continued to cheer as they carried him in circles around the fire in a victory dance…

Miserix smiled as he stared at the last remaining pool of antidermis left in existence. It had once been held in a cave on an island south of Artidax. With his knowledge of teleportation engineering that he had learned from Tridax, Miserix had built a teleporter that allowed him to move the island, similar to the way the Makuta base of Destral moved. With some precise planning, he had relocated the island to the watery section of Spherus Magna that had once been the moon of Aqua Magna.About ten feet away stood two figures; one was Vezon, an insane half-Skakdi Warrior who just so happened to have an Olmak fused to his face. The other was a being known as The Cursed One, who just so happened to be a Great Being. The Cursed One glared at Miserix; Miserix had agreed to help him escape, under the agreement that The Cursed One would help Miserix with something.The Cursed One walked forward and the ground around him seemed to come to life where he walked. The Great Being reached out his hand towards the antidermis, and slowly dipped a finger into the greenish-black substance. The pool swirled, and half a dozen hazy figures appeared. The Cursed One glared again, "Can I leave now oh great and mighty Miserix?" He said in a voice tinged with sarcasm.Miserix nodded, and the figure left, the floor in the cavern ceasing to live as he did so. Vezon said, "Well, I've love to stay, but I've got people to stab."He cackled as he pulled out the sharp blade that he had been given so long ago by Trinuma, and he thought of all the people he felt like killing. First he would kill the Piraka, and then the Toa Mahri. He opened a portal and stepped through, but he simply emerged on the other side of the room. The Skakdi smiled and said, "What an interesting cave, almost looks like...oh." He stared at Miserix and said, "I think the mask can hear me."Miserix ignored Vezon and stared at his six new minions, and gestured towards six sets of protosteel armor and weapons. The six newly-formed Makuta donned the armor, and then kneeled, saying, "Oh Great Miserix our leader, what is your bidding?"Miserix cackled as he stared down at the six new Makuta...

Helryx stood outside the chamber that had once held a Great Being who had only referred to himself as The Cursed One. Soon after arrival, Toa Lewa and Toa Tuyet and left, and Miserix began to talk with the Great Being. She tried to intrude, since it sounded like Miserix was going to leave them there, but she was pinned to the wall by Miserix’s shadow bolts.Soon after, Miserix grabbed Vezon, who screamed, and a portal appeared on the other side of the room. The Cursed One and Miserix, who was still holding the insane Skakdi, stepped through the portal, and soon after it vanished, along with the shadow bolts that held her to the wall, leaving Helryx with Artakha, Axonn, and Brutaka, who was under some kind of spell.Artakha spoke, “We need to find Protodermis, so I can create another Olmak to get us off this planet.”He began to walk into the jungle with Brutaka behind him, but Helryx said, “You can’t just order us around!”Artakha turned and looked at her, staring her right in the eyes, challenging her defiance. She simply bowed her head in submitance and followed along with Axonn. She paused for a moment and said, “What about the Toa of Air?”Artakha continued towards the jungle and said, “His destiny lies here, now come, we must hurry.”…

Kongu chuckled as Hewkii, who was arm-wrestling with Kolar, a Toa of Gravity. Both Toa were using their gravitational powers to their advantage, but Hewkii only had a mask that controlled gravity. Kolar, on the other hand, controlled the entire element, and Hewkii was losing.The Toa of Stone’s arm slammed against the table and he said, “This is a stupid game anyway.” His purple Kanohi flashed in the sun as Kolar said, “You just can’t admit that I’m better at it than you.”Suddenly, Kolar’s grin turned to a frown as he looked upwards, and his eyes widened, “Fliers, incoming!”The other two Toa stared upwards; Kongu readied his two Cordak Blasters, and Hewkii pulled his spear off of his back. Kolar dodged a bolt of shadow and somersaulted to the left, landing in a crouch and firing a blast from his laser shotgun. One of the flying figures began to fall, and Hewkii and Kolar combined their powers to slam it down into the ground.Kolar drew his sword from his back and tried to make contact with the figure so he could pin him to the ground, but the figure dodged, and a blade of his own made of Shadow appeared in its hand. Kolar’s eyes widened as he said, “Makuta?!”Kongu fired two Cordak Bolts simultaneously from his cannons, and watched as the other two Makuta dodged, and then zoomed towards him. He held his hands up to his face for protection, but a wall of Stone arose from the ground and the two Makuta slammed into it, and fell to the ground, stunned from the impact.Kolar felt himself get pushed back into a defensive position, as the taller and stronger Makuta swung his blade at him. Hewkii tackled one of the dazed Makuta, and was about to deliver a blow to the shadowy figure’s face, but he was blasted in the face by a Power Scream, sending him flying backwards where he landed in a barely conscious heap twenty feet away.Kongu fired three more bolts at a third Makuta, who now stood with one arm limp from the damage. He was about to blast him with his elemental wind, but suddenly two simultaneous screams came from nearby. Kongu glanced around in horror. Hewkii stood with a shadow dagger driven into his arm, and was about to be killed by one of the Makuta.Kongu was even more horrified as he saw Kolar with a shadowy blade driven through his chest. Kongu and reached his hand towards his fallen friend, trying to save him, but it was too late. Kolar’s eyes were huge, they flickered for a moment, and then the Makuta drew his blade out and the Toa of Gravity screamed again as his heartlight went out.Kongu ran towards Hewkii and activated his mask power. Seconds later a massive Rahi Worm came out of the ground. It saw the Makuta first thankfully, and Kongu grabbed Hewkii’s body, pulling the dagger out and ran towards the east, leaving the Makuta to deal with the Rahi Beast…

Edited by joev14

Chapter 6

The neon blue colored Barraki known as Takadox stared around. At the moment, he was sitting in a boat that overlooked a vast blue sea. Behind him was Artidax, or what was left of it.Several Toa Mahri, including Jaller, had brought the heart of the Visorak to the island. A pair of beings had rigged the massive Volcano in the center of the island to explode, and Takadox had decided that the Mahri should stay and join in on the fate that was about to kill the Visorak.He had been sailing now for about two weeks, and he was starting to get bored. At that very moment, Takadox’s life got very exciting. He felt the water stir, and watched as a shadow fell over the water.He stared to his left, and watched as the ocean about two kios away met with sand. Takadox felt his body morph, and he stared down at his arms, they were normal again. He removed his helmet and sucked in a deep breath and his eyes reopened. He was back to normal. He began to paddle towards the newly formed shoreline, hoping he would find answers - and people to kill - once he reached the shore…

Tuyet, Toa of Water, master of the Nui Stone, traitorous Toa, and exile, stared around. She had been mysteriously teleported by Makuta Teridax, along with several others into space. Soon afterwards, they were rescued from lack of oxygen by Vezon, a Skakdi, who appeared to be quite insane, and Tuyet knew insane.She was then introduced to a Great Being who referred to himself as ‘The Cursed One.’ By that time, Tuyet had had quite enough, and she escaped into the jungle.Soon after, the ground had been shaken by a massive tremor. She didn’t know what was going on, but she had to get back to the Mata Nui Robot. Then she would use her powers to kill Teridax and take control of the robot and then…she would conquer the universe.But how could she escape? Without an Olmak, she had no way to escape this wretched jungle. Suddenly an idea sparked in her mind, and she headed back in the direction of the Cursed One’s prison…

Miserix sat on his newly built throne on the Southern island that he had recently turned into his new Makuta Base. He had decided to name the island ‘New Destral’, in honor of their old base.Miserix reviewed his plan in his mind again; He had sent three of his new Makuta to hunt down and kill the Toa Mahri, since they were the group of Toa that was nearest to them at the moment, and most likely to interfere with his plan. He had sent two more of his Makuta to capture and bring him a Matoran by the name of Akhmou, a Po-Matoran who had acted as a good overseer during Teridax’s short rule. The sixth Makuta had stayed with him, though Miserix didn’t really need the protection.His thoughts were interrupted as two of his minions entered the room, with a Po-Matoran wearing a black Kanohi Rau between them. Miserix smiled down at the confused Matoran and said, “Oh Akhmou, I have big plans for you. Yes, very big plans indeed…”

Jaller surveyed the sandy landscape that was filled with Matoran and Agori laborers alike. This was the build site of New Tajun, the third and final village to be built by the newly formed community.New Tesara was to be built closer to the terrain that now formed the Botan Jungle. In the middle of the desert, New Atero was to be built, with the construction being surveyed by both the Toa Hagah and the Toa Nuva, with the exception of Lewa, who was still missing.Jaller stared at the sand at his feet and thought of the recent events he had been through. About two and a half weeks ago he had been a part of a resistance group that was trying to stop the evil Makuta Teridax, and the group had come upon a group of Skakdi who proceeded to create a strange being through the effects of energized Protodermis.The team was then put under the influence of Teridax, who commanded them to follow the Skakdi. After three or four days of wandering with the Skakdi, and the Golden Being, they were suddenly released from the effects of the mind control, apparently because Teridax had been killed. The Skakdi were also released from the spell, and began wandering around, trying to figure out where they were.We escaped before we were noticed, and soon ran into Onua, who relayed the story to us. We began the construction of New Tajun, and Onua left to go join the rest of the Toa Nuva, since it seemed like we had things under control. I sent Hewkii, Kongu, and a Toa of Gravity named Kolar off to set up a miniature lookout post, to direct survivors of the Matoran Universe who hadn’t been inside the Mata Nui Robot to the new villages. Jaller turned as one of the Agori ran up and asked him to help hold a support in place while they nailed it together. Jaller nodded and went off to help…

The Shadowed One sat on his throne that had once been inside a fortress on Odina. Now it stood inside a rocky fortress that had once belonged to a group known as the Skrall, but they had since abandoned it to join in the new community led by the Toa Nuva.The Shadowed One would not be so foolish. He had recently allied himself with the three remaining Barraki. Carapar and Takadox’s locations were unknown, and Mantax had met an untimely and mysterious death that nobody could explain.His plan was going quite well; that is, until a figure stepped through the door at the end of the hall. The Shadowed One’s eyes widened as he saw who it was, it was somebody that he thought he would never see again.He spoke in a voice that bordered fear, “How?! You’ve died a dozen times, and yet you still live?!”The figure let out a low chuckle of laughter as his green body stepped into the light. The newcomer’s blade rose over his head, and The Shadowed One screamed, “Darkness, help me!”But the Dark Hunter who was perched above the Shadowed One didn’t even flinch as the blade came down…

Mazeka stared at the build site of New Tesara; of all the three villages, this one was the one that had made the most progress. The construction was overseen by Turaga Whenua and Turaga Matau, as well as a Glatorian female named Kiina, who appeared to Mazeka to be a little crazy.Mazeka had a lot of explaining to do to get the Turaga to understand that the white figure wearing the Kraahkan was not an enemy, and even then the Alternate Dimensional Teridax seemed to be under watch by several Matoran who were helping with the construction. Though there seemed to be one member of the group that trusted him, an extremely intelligent Rahi known as Keetongu.An Agori that Mazeka had been introduced to as Tarduk bounded up on all fours to Mazeka and said, “Have you seen Toa Kopaka or Toa Pohatu?”Mazeka shook his head, and Tarduk said, “Your Turaga of Earth seems very worried. He said that they passed here from New Atero in search of a Toa named Lesovikk, and they haven’t returned yet.”Mazeka frowned; he had heard of this Toa named Lesovikk, it was said that he had led the first Toa team, and that his entire team had been killed due to his hesitation in battle. The Toa of Air had never quite forgiven himself for the mistake, and it had driven him to the point of insanity. Mazeka said, “Tell Whenua that I’ll lead a search party to find them.”Tarduk said, “I’ll come with you, just give me a moment.”Mazeka headed off to find Teridax and Keetongu. Due to the anger surrounding him, Teridax wasn’t of much help in the construction anyway. When the four of them were ready, they headed off towards the Botan Jungle in search of the two missing Toa Nuva…

Edited by joev14

Chapter 7

Pohatu stood in amazement. The Matoran who stood in front of him was none other than Mavrah, an Onu-Matoran that had been told in stories of the old Metru Nui.Pohatu opened his mouth, but no words came out. Mavrah said, “I see you have heard of me then?”Kopaka nodded, and with a sound of genuine interest in his voice he said, “How are you alive?”Mavrah paused for a moment, and then said, “How much do you know of my past?”It was Pohatu, who had regained his speech, that answered, “We heard you left Metru Nui with many of the Rahi from the Archives, and went into a tunnel that led to the island of Mata Nui. Onewa told us you were swept away in a flood of water and drowned.”Mavrah said, “If I had heard the story, I would have probably believed I was dead too, even I don’t fully understand how I’m still alive. When the wave hit me, I was knocked unconscious, and when I awoke I was here. I have struggled to find the truth, how I lived, and if somebody saved me, who was it, and why?”At that very moment, the wall that stood between them and the sounds of the dragging bodies crumbled, and Kopaka was pinned to the wall by a massive green Keelerak. Pohatu activated his mask power and ran at the green thing, slamming his massive Protosteel boot into the Rahi, sending it flying.Kopaka fired a blast of ice from his sword, and it froze the Keelerak as it tried to get up again. Mavrah stood in the corner of the room and was moaning in a voice tainted with fear, “No! We must go now, there’s no stopping them!”Kopaka created a wall of Ice to cover the hole in the wall and said, “I do not run from a fight!”Pohatu slammed his fist into the face of a Boggarak, and said, “Perhaps we should make a tactical retreat then my friend? Mavrah might know something that could help us fend off these creatures.”Kopaka froze the second hole, and nodded. The three of them turned to follow Mavrah, but suddenly a hole opened up in space in front of them, blocking their path.Kopaka pulled his shield off his back and held it down to protect Mavrah. A tall figure clad in green armor stepped out from the dark portal. He sucked in a breath of air and said, “We have returned!”Six Oohnorak came out from behind him, and Mavrah’s eyes widened as he said, “You…you died! I saw you slaughtered at the hands of Rahi!”The figure laughed again, and as the Black and Yellow Visorak closed in, Mavrah whispered, “Sidorak…”

Kongu glanced back over his shoulder. He had been running for almost an hour with the heavy weight of Hewkii on his back. He had left the three Makuta in the dust, but he had no doubt that they would defeat the Sand Worm, and they would soon catch up with him since he was slowed down by the weight of the Toa of Stone on his back. He had to get to new Tajun before it was too late, and warn the other Toa Mahri about the Makuta.Kongu’s thoughts were interrupted by the sound of flapping wings, and he thought that the Makuta had returned. He glanced upwards, and saw that it was actually a group of migrating Necro Finches. Kongu wished he was one of them, these creatures could not only fly, but they also seemed to defy death. With the exception of decapitation, nothing could kill these strange Rahi.Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. He activated his mask, praying that the Sand Worm wasn’t nearby. He smiled as one of the birds flew down towards him, and he smoothly created a spiral of wind, allowing him to alight on the Rahi’s back.The weight of both Toa almost caused the bird to lose its balance, but it managed to stay in flight, hanging at the back of the group as they continued onwards towards New Tajun…

Akhmou stood on the soft sand outside the Makuta Base of New Destral. He still found it hard to believe, he was a Toa. Somehow, Miserix had gotten his hands on a Toa Stone. Where or how Akhmou wasn’t quite sure of, and he didn’t really care.Miserix had also given Akhmou an army of about a dozen shadow Takanuvas, beings that had been captured and had their light fed to Tridax’s shadow leeches. Akhmou’s team had been dubbed the Makutoa, and all Akhmou had to do in return for Miserix was attack the build site of New Atero with his team, and kill as many of the Toa Nuva and Toa Hagah that he could.Although he was going to enjoy slaughtering the Toa Nuva, he was more excited about exacting his revenge on Turaga Onewa, who was also supposed to be at the build site. Along with his new powers, he had been given a large axe and a jetpack. He smiled as he nodded to his team, and they launched themselves into the air, heading towards New Atero…

Lewa and the Agori of the Botan Jungle Tribe peeked out of the bushes. They saw four figures, one was a Rahi that Lewa had heard once of in old legends, a being named Keetongu. Another was an Ice Matoran, and the third was a Jungle Agori that his newfound friends referred to as Tarduk. After hearing the name, Lewa ducked his head down, and realized after a moment that that was in fact his name, not flying tar coming at him. The fourth though was one that made Lewa’s eyes widen; it was Teridax.With a battle cry in tree-speak, Lewa rushed out of the bushes, aiming a blast of wind at the white-clad Makuta. Mazeka whirled around as he saw Teridax fall to the ground from a blast of wind from the Toa Nuva of Air, and he yelled, “Stop!”Lewa aimed one of his Air Katanas at the Makuta and said, “Don’t worry friends; we will save you ever-quick from this monster!”Mazeka stepped in front of Teridax, who was beginning to stand up again, shaking the stars from his head as Mazeka said, “No! He’s not Teridax! At least, he’s not our Teridax.”Lewa began to lower his Katana, a confused look on his face. Mazeka continued, “He’s the Teridax of a different world, one where the Makuta never turned bad. See, he’s wearing white armor.”When Lewa didn’t look convinced, Teridax said, “The Matoran speaks the truth. I do not wish to harm you.”The Makuta tossed his hammer towards the Toa of Air, and it landed at his feet. Lewa paused for a moment, then nodded his head and handed the hammer back to the Makuta and said, “Alright, I believe you.”Mazeka quickly explained that Pohatu and Kopaka had disappeared, and Lewa said, “Then we will ever-see what we can find.” The newly formed group headed back into the jungle in search of the two missing Toa Nuva…

Hydraxon, jailer of the Order of Mata Nui underwater prison known as ‘The Pit,’ stared into the eyes of a Makuta by the name of Tridax. He was thought to have been killed by Order of Mata Nui agent Tobduk, but his antidermis had been secretly contained, and had been spirited away to The Pit.It had been about a week since he had released the remaining Barraki, and soon after Lesovikk had left to join up with several other Order of Mata Nui members in New Atero.Tridax gave the jailer a sneer and said, “You’re pretty smug when you have the keys, aren’t you?”Hydraxon plugged one of the keys into the door and it shut off the power to the cell. The jailer reached in and hauled Tridax out by the neck and said in a cold tone, “You wanna say that again you Makuta scum?”Tridax choked and sounded as if he was in fact trying to repeat the sentence, but he couldn’t get the words out with Hydraxon’s hand around his throat, and all that came out was a bunch of gurgling and growling. Hydraxon threw him back in and spat, “That’s what I thought.”Hydraxon didn’t even notice that the door had reenergized on its own, and he simply walked away. Tridax grinned; he was in extreme pain, but it was worth it, for he had gotten what he wanted. He opened the palm of his hand to reveal a small metal key, and let out a whisper of laughter that only he could hear…

Edited by joev14

My Motto while writing this chapter was, "Who needs answers when you can have more questions?"

Chapter 8

Tuyet stood inside the empty temple that had once held the Cursed One. She walked over to the stone wall that only a day ago had seemed to be alive. Now it simply sat and acted like what it was supposed to be, a wall…or was it actually a wall?Tuyet thrust her hand forward, and a jet of water shattered the wall to pieces. Behind it stood something that even Tuyet hadn’t guessed would be there.Inside the small room there was a stand shaped like a claw that clasped a mask that looked centuries old, and its original color was hidden by a massive layer of dust. Tuyet didn’t recognize it, and she walked over and peered down at a tablet underneath that had an inscription on it that read, “The Kanohi Shatta, the Mask of Destruction.”Tuyet let out a laugh that sounded like the scream of a Doom Viper. She reached towards it, and gave it a shake to reveal its original color, a thick black that seemed darker than even the dark mask of shadows. She lifted it upwards and placed it over her face, letting out another hideous laugh…

Takadox grinned. It had been a day since he had arrived on the sandy terrain that he learned was called, New Tajun Wahi. And who had been there to greet him, but his old friend Mantax. Takadox had been quite pleased to find the Black Barraki, but Mantax hadn’t been as excited.Takadox had quickly slain the leader of the Manta Rays that swam in the ocean surrounding The Pit; for it had been he who had blown Takadox’s cover when he had been so close to regaining his old body. Takadox smiled as he said to himself, “Ah, but that will come soon enough, and then, the world will be ripe for the taking…”

Onewa’s eyes turned towards the sky. At least a dozen Toa flew above him, and soon landed nearby. He was about to greet them with and give them a warm welcome, when suddenly he realized that the one in the lead was somebody he recognized. He stammered, “Akhmou?!”The tall brown and black figure let out a dark laugh as he said, “Why, hello old friend. I’m glad you remember me, I certainly remember you.”A pillar of stone shot out of the ground and slammed Onewa’s fragile body, sending him flying up into the air. When he hit the ground, Akhmou was standing over him. Onewa’s mask began to glow, but with a quick move from Akhmou’s axe, the Kanohi Komau, the mask of mind control, was shattered into a hundred pieces.Akhmou was about to strike another blow to finish the Turaga of stone off, but a jet of water struck him in the side of the head, and he turned to see the angry face of Toa Gaaki. A mass of elemental water began to form in her hands, and she said, “You filthy traitor, attacking somebody weaker than yourself!”Akhmou pointed a finger at her and spat, “Get her!”Four of the Shadow Takanuvas rushed at the Toa of Water, but she flew through the air and scooped up the unconscious Turaga of Stone. The other five Toa Hagah stepped in front of Akhmou, blocking him from reaching Onewa.Akhmou raised his hands, sending Kualus flying into the air. When he came back downwards towards the ground, Akhmou kicked him with a mighty foot, sending him flying into Iruni. The Shadow Toa rushed forward, eight of them attacked Boomonga, who had activated his Mask of Growth, and four attacked Pouks.Akhmou ran forward and locked his axe Norik’s shield, and Akhmou activated his mask. He screamed in the language of the Doom Viper, and Norik covered his audiorecepters, falling to his knees as he tried to block out the sound.A surge of water blasted him in the back, and Akhmou turned, expecting to see Gaaki again. Instead his eyes met with Gali Nuva’s, as she pummeled him again with a concentrated blast to the face. He glared at her, and launched a massive block of stone at her, sending her flying backwards into Onua, who had been preparing to blast him with a Midak Skyball.Akhmou turned and created a wall of sand just in time to block a blast of flame from Tahu. A wall of glass was formed where the fire and sand met, but it was soon shattered by a fist of earth made by Onua, who had gotten back to his feet. Akhmou met the fist with a stone fist of his own. Akhmou’s fist shattered and he flew backwards and slammed into the ground.Akhmou glanced around; he was losing the battle, primarily because of Boomonga’s massive size. He launched himself into the air and delivered a blow that sent the giant toppling to the ground. With a smirk on his face, Akhmou lifted his hands into the air, and slowly the dust began to swirl around him. It required all of his strength, but it would turn the tide of the battle. He unleashed a massive sandstorm into the group of Toa, and all of the Toa Hagah except Gaaki were swept up into it.Gali tried to see through the sand, but couldn’t see anything. All of a sudden, she spotted something. He was clad in white and silver armor, and in his hand he held a long spear. In a voice that boomed like thunder, Takanuva said, “Prepare to fall, you cheap rip offs!”…

Artakha and the three Order members emerged from the thick Botan Jungle and stared around the clearing. Axonn spoke in a voice riddled with sadness, “they’re all dead.”All throughout the small patch of sand that sat in the middle of the jungle were the dead bodies of figures clad in blue and gray armor. Some were short, like Matoran, and some were taller, similar to the dead beings they had found in the Coliseum, and looked a little like Toa.Artakha began searching for a piece of Protosteel, or even liquid Protodermis that he could use to create another Olmak. Helryx picked up a piece of gray armor off the ground, and activated her mask power. She immediately dropped it and said, “Mata Nui! These people…they…they were cannibals! They killed each other, all over something, I can’t tell what though.”Brutaka picked up a piece of wood that had writing on it. Written in a strange language that somehow they could understand was written, “The Botan Iron Tribe”…

Jaller stared up at the sky as several Necro Finches flew overhead. Suddenly, without warning, a green figure dropped down from one of them, and Jaller stared at Kongu, who held the Toa Mahri of Stone in his arms. Jaller rushed over to him and shouted for Hahli, and then said, “What happened?! Where’s Kolar?”Kongu said, “Kolar is dead. Quickly Jaller, ready the defenses, Maku-”Before he could finish, a trio of black winged figures zoomed overhead, raining down a storm of shadow energy in unison, sending Jaller, Hahli, and Kongu flying across the build site.Nuparu emerged from a recently finished building, and was pinned to the wall by shadow energy along with Turaga Nuju and Turaga Nokama. Nuju glared up at the black figures. He activated his mask power, sending a block of stone hurtling into the face of one of the Makuta. The Makuta’s mask shattered, and he screeched in pain. The other two Makuta charged down towards Nuju, preparing to kill the Turaga.But before they could, a portal opened up next to Nuju. An arm emerged from the inky blackness, and slashed a claw at one of the Makuta, freezing him where he stood. The rest of the figure emerged from the portal, and slammed a fist into the other Makuta, sending him flying. The figure lowered his arm, and said, “Brothers, I have returned.”Jaller’s eyes widened in utter shock as he whispered, “Matoro?”…

Edited by joev14

Chapter 9

Miserix’s eyes widened as he watched none other than Makuta Tridax with the head of Hydraxon in his claws, and a long gash down his purple and black Kanohi Avsa, walk into the room. Tridax tossed the head to Miserix and said “The teleportation tech on this island needs much more work. It’s very inefficient, and takes up to three times as long to teleport than the original Destral.”Miserix smiled; he had gained yet another follower, and on top of that, the jailer was dead, which means there was nothing to keep the prisoners from escaping. Suddenly another figure came into the cave He was limping from muscle damage, but he was still recognizable.“Ahkmou!” Miserix said, and then watched as eight battered Shadow Takanuvas walk in. Miserix continued, “What happened? Did you kill the Toa Hagah?”Akhmou shook his head and said, “We were winning, but then the real Takanuva appeared. He was a strong fighter, and we lost four members to him, though I don’t think they’re dead.”Miserix looked enraged, but Akhmou quickly added, “But I killed Turaga Onewa, I’m quite certain he’s dead.”Miserix spat, “You meant to tell me that you lost four of your team, and all you managed to do was kill one measly little Turaga?!”Tridax spoke up at that moment, “Miserix, I have a suggestion that might solve this little problem...”

Note: from now on, The Alternate Dimensional Teridax will now be referred to as simply Teridax, rather than the light Teridax or the alternate Teridax.Teridax stared down at the dead body of Tren Krom and said, “What could possibly do this?”Mazeka was about to speak, but suddenly Teridax turned and held up his hand for silence. After everyone quieted down, he paused for a moment and listened, and then charged into the bushes, and came back out dragging a strange winged creature.It wore a Kanohi Hau on its face. At least, that looked like a sort of face. Teridax doubted it even worked now; it was so distorted and misshaped from the one that Tahu wore. It also held a red tentacle that was half-eaten in one of its claws. Teridax said as he pointed towards the dead mass that had once been Tren Krom, “Speak Monster, why did you do this?”The creature exclaimed, “No! Gaardus didn’t do it, Gaardus tried to, but then he appeared.”Mazeka spoke up, “Who?”Gaardus shivered and pointed a twisted limb at Lewa and said, “Him!”…

Vezon stood on the island of New Destral. Inside the cave that made up the entrance to the new fortress, Vezon could hear the Miserix’s angry shouts at Akhmou, who had just returned. Vezon was starting to get bored.He was finally free to do what he wanted, and he couldn’t even get off this island. A frown formed on the Skakdi’s face as he thought of all the people that weren’t dead. He turned back towards the fortress, but he noticed something on the ground and stopped.On the ground, etched into the stone was a crudely drawn picture. Intrigued and dying to find something to do with his life, he looked at it. He saw that it was a map, and clearly one of this island. There was a red X that looked like it was painted in blood towards the upper part of the island.Vezon mentally stored the image and headed off towards the opposite side of the island form the fortress. Perhaps if he had looked closer, he would have noticed that the blood was fresh

Pridak walked down the hallway that led to The Shadowed One’s chamber, flanked by Kalmah and Ehlek. Recently they had been restored to their originally forms, but Pridak still carried his Shark Blades, they had served him well.He stared into the room, and stared at the scene laid out before him. On the ground in front of his mighty throne lay the corpse of The Shadowed One, a silvery blade driven into his chest. Standing over him was a lime green figure that appeared to be a Toa, and he wore a Kanohi Olmak.Pridak couldn’t care less about the death of the Shadowed One, he did however, want to find out who this mysterious being was, and where he had obtained a Mask of Dimensional Gates. But before Pridak could even take another step towards the figure, he created a portal and exited through it, not even bothering to retrieve his blade.Pridak walked over to the dead body of The Shadowed One, and pulled out the blade. He examined it; it was much like his own blades, except silver. Suddenly, before Pridak’s astonished eyes, the blade disintegrated, and fell into a pile of dust on the floor.Pridak bent down to look at the pile, but it too vanished, leaving no trace of the blade that had once been. Pridak frowned, there was something very mysterious going on here, and somehow he knew, that the answers lay with this strange green Toa…

Kopaka stared at the tall green figure that had been identified as Sidorak by Mavrah. Kopaka had heard of this being before; he had been told of on a cold night in the tales that Vakama told of the old Metru Nui. But in these tales, Sidorak had been slain at the hands of a Rahi named Keetongu. Pohatu spoke up, a rumble beginning to rise up in his voice, “Alright, I’ve had just about enough of all these mysteries and secrets.”Kopaka had never heard Pohatu so angry before, the Toa of Stone was always so cheerful, and rarely lost his temper, even in the moments where death and destruction of the very universe itself seemed imminent.Sidorak let out another laugh as he said, “Ask me anything Toa, it won’t save you from the suffering that awaits you.” Pohatu said, “How are you alive? You were killed at the hands of Keetongu.”Sidorak said, “I will tell you, but once you hear you will wish you hadn’t ever known. If you know about me, then certainly you have heard of the creature called the Zivon and The Realm of Darkness then?”Kopaka and Pohatu both nodded their heads, for they had both heard of the creature that could create portals to and from the empty world known as ‘The Realm of Darkness.’ Sidorak continued, “The Realm of Darkness is a death zone, whenever any of the Visorak or those who have been injected with Visorak Venom in them die, they simply are transported there.”Pohatu’s eyes widened as he struggled to think of what this meant. If Sidorak spoke the truth, then any being that was bitten and injected with the mutagenic Visorak Poison was then alive, living in this empty place.Sidorak continued, “Though this is true, only with the Zivon is it possible to return to the real universe, and it is also quite an agonizing process. Even though your spirit lives, your body dies, and you must go through a painful death before being transported.”“After that your consciousness will float around in the realm until a body weaker than your own can be used as…a host. I hang onto a dozen extra bodies of my species just in case. As for the original spirits…well…they simply get to stay in the realm for all eternity, wishing, hoping, praying that they could find a way to simply die.”Sidorak’s jaw curled into a smile as he said, “Let me demonstrate.”Before Pohatu’s stunned eyes, Sidorak picked up one of the Oohnorak that had emerged from the portal. With a quick move from his jet black cybernetic sword, he gouged a hole into the squirming spider, and it let out a blood-curdling screech as it died. He threw its body into the portal, and moments later, it emerged again.Sidorak said, “The Visorak have the benefit of not needing a living host body; you can simply throw the dead one back in, and its spirit will return to it. It’s basically an invincible army, so long as the Zivon lives to keep the two dimensions connected, we continue to conquer.”Pohatu felt quite sick as all this information sank in. Sidorak laughed once again and said, “And now with that information, prepare to join in with the ghosts of those who can never rest…”

Chapter 10

Teridax and Mazeka both glanced at Lewa, and then back at the creature, who had identified himself as Gaardus. Gaardus spoke again, “It would have been better for me to stay and die with the white and brown ones than to come back here!”Mazeka spoke up, “Wait, a pair of beings that were white and brown you say?”Mazeka turned to Teridax and said, “I think he’s talking about Pohatu and Kopaka.”Teridax turned back to Gaardus, “Tell us what you have done to the Toa, Speak or face my wrath!” Gaardus trembled as he said, “No, I will show you where they are, just don’t let him kill me!”The whole time his eyes were fixated on Lewa, a horrified stare in his eyes that made Mazeka start to worry. Gaardus closed his eyes, and Mazeka felt himself being teleported…

Tahu stared down at the limp form of Turaga Onewa. Next to him stood Onua and Takanuva, and at his side were Gaaki and Gali, who were using all their healing powers to try and keep the Turaga alive, his mask had been shattered during the fight, and he had suffered a loss of strength because of this. If it hadn’t been for the Toa of Light’s sudden appearance, all of them might be dead right now.Akhmou, a Matoran of Stone who was hated by most of the population of the Universe because of his traitorous acts and his loyalty to Makuta Teridax during his attempts to take over, and his reign of shadows. He had mysteriously appeared, somehow transformed into a Toa. He attacked Onewa on sight, and proceeded to destroy the build site.Along with him were a dozen Shadow Takanuvas, four of which the Toa Hagah had managed to capture, but they refused to talk. Gaaki said, “He’ll die in the next hour if we don’t find another solution.”Tahu was enraged and distraught, he wanted to give his own life to save the Turaga’s but they all knew that was impossible to do. All of a sudden, a voice from behind said, “Stand aside brothers and sisters.”Tahu’s eyes widened as he said, “That voice, but it can’t be!” Tahu turned around, “Matoro?”The Toa of Ice didn’t reply, he simply pushed through the crowd of Toa and picked up the fallen Turaga. They all had heard Jaller’s tales of the mask that Matoro had worn during the Mahri’s trek through the sea, a mask that could reanimate the dead.The Toa Mahri of Ice placed his hand on Onewa’s head, and slowly they watched as Onewa’s dimly lit blue heartlight flared up, and he began breathing steadily once more. Matoro spoke up, “He will awaken soon, at full strength.”He lay the Turaga of Stone back down on the sand and continued, “No doubt you have questions of about why, and how, I’m here. Those questions will be answered in time, but I have come to warn you of an evil that may very well destroy the peace that has come to this newly reformed world, and I fear that it may already be too late…”

Lewa looked around. Standing behind him were his two brothers, Pohatu and Kopaka, as well as Mazeka, Keetongu, and Teridax. In front of him were half a dozen Oohnorak, and a tall green figure with a cybernetic sword that replaced one arm. Pohatu said, “Lewa?!”Before Lewa could even figure out where he was, Kopaka raised his sword and shouted, “Brothers, attack!”The room was immediately filled with the chaos of battle. Mazeka helped a stunned Mavrah to the back of the room, and Teridax blocked two black Visorak from following the two Matoran. Keetongu rushed up and locked his blade with Sidorak’s, and the three Toa Nuva unleashed a mini cyclone of frozen sandy hail onto the other four Oohnorak.Sidorak slashed an armored claw at Keetongu, and laughed as a dozen Roporak emerged from the portal. Teridax slammed his hammer into one, and crushed the face of another as it tried to sneak up and attack him from behind. Kopaka unleashed a storm of Ice that froze another one of the brown Visorak, and slammed his shield into the head of another. Pohatu kicked his armored boot into one of them, and its face armor cracked as it flew across the room. Lewa activated his mask, and threw blasts of wind at one of the Visorak, sending it flying back into the portal, but it simply emerged again. Kopaka shouted, “We can’t beat them! Whenever they die, their spirit just returns to the Realm of Darkness, and then back into the real world through the portal!”Keetongu’s eye narrowed, and he dove through the portal, and was quickly followed by Sidorak. Teridax shouted, “What’s he doing?”A shimmer of sadness formed in Kopaka’s eyes; something that Pohatu never thought he’d see, as he said, “He’s doing what heroes do”...

Keetongu emerged from the portal and stared around at the emptiness that was called The Realm of Darkness. Moments later, Sidorak’s green body followed, and he said, “If you think you can escape by coming here, you’re mistaken.” He laughed yet again, “Now you’re on my playing field, and that’s a mistake you will soon regret!”Sidorak jabbed his blade at Keetongu, and the Rahi blocked it with his shield. Keetongu scanned the darkness, trying to seek out what he came for. Then he heard a screech, only a little ways away from the portal. Yes, there it was; The Zivon. Sidorak made another jab, and this time it struck Keetongu’s arm, and another blow maimed the Rahi. Keetongu let out a screech, and Sidorak said, “And now my old friend, you will die!”Keetongu looked at the Zivon again, and opened his Rhotuka Launcher. He fired it, and it whizzed over Sidorak’s head. The King of the Visorak turned too late, and let out a scream as he saw what was happening, “You fool! You’ve trapped us both in this place!”While his head was turned, Keetongu lifted his remaining arm, and drove it into Sidorak’s back, letting out a satisfied growl as Sidorak’s eyes grew dark. Not long after, dozens of Visorak came, and they finished off the wounded Rahi. “But” Keetongu thought, “At least they will never hurt another being ever again.” And with that, he died…

Lewa watched the portal close, and realized that Keetongu had killed the Zivon, forever trapping the Visorak and their leader in the Realm of Darkness. He silently saluted the Hero, and then stabbed one of his Katanas into the last of the Visorak. It screeched and Lewa shuddered as he thought of where it was going, then he realized that these monsters deserved that fate.He turned to Pohatu, and said, “Alright, how are we going to get out of here?”Pohatu was about to answer, but suddenly a portal opened nearby. Thinking it was more Visorak, and that Keetongu must have failed, the group held up their weapons, preparing for another fight. But nothing could have prepared them for what emerged from the portal. A green figure wearing a Kanohi Olmak came out, and Kopaka said, “Lesovikk!”The figure laughed, and a golden blade formed in his hand as he said, “Wrong, Toa.” His body flickered as millions of tiny insect-like things moved around, “Wrong.”Pohatu’s eyes widened as the figure removed the Mask of Dimensional gates to reveal his face, and Pohatu exclaimed, “Zaktan!”…

Chapter 11

Vezon walked up a rocky incline and panted. He wished once again that he could tap into the Olmak’s power, and he kneeled to rest. He glanced up again, and saw something he hadn’t expected to see; The Cursed One. And he wasn’t alone; standing nearby was yet another person he hadn’t expected; Makuta Tridax.Vezon had met Tridax once, and he had learned he didn’t really like the purple and black Makuta. During his time with him, Vezon had stolen a Kanohi Olmak from him, and watched the Makuta get killed by two figures he suspected were Order of Mata Nui agents, or so he had thought. That wouldn’t really fit if he was standing here now.At first it appeared that he and the Great Being were allied, but suddenly Tridax lunged forward and impaled The Cursed One with his spear. The weapon squirmed and came to life as it stabbed through The Cursed One, but Tridax took no notice. He withdrew the blade a few moments later, and it turned solid once more, Acid and the red liquid of The Cursed One called blood dripping onto the ground.It was then that Tridax spotted the Skakdi, and let out a hideous laugh as he pointed to him and said, “You shouldn’t be here Skakdi.”A group of eight Shadow Takanuvas, led by Akhmou flew at him, their weapons ready and their eyes it with the exhilaration of imminent battle…

Helryx stood and watched Artakha mold the heated Protosteel into the shape of a disk, and then slowly and carefully into the shape of a Kanohi Olmak. She stared once more at the dead bodies of the people who were known as the Botan Iron Tribe. She had seen something when she had picked up a piece of armor. It wasn’t clear, but something, no, someone, had caused these people to go insane.At that very moment, a figure clad in the same color armor as the dead bodies walked into the clearing, sharpening his blade as he went. He stopped and stared at the group, and looked from Artakha, to Axonn, to Brutaka, and finally, Helryx. He stared into her eyes for some time, and then, in a voice that seemed to be able to read her thoughts he said, “You want to know what killed them, don’t you?”Helryx slowly nodded, not completely sure she could trust him. He walked over to her, tossing his blade into a pile where several others lay, and sat down. He paused for a moment, and then said, “My name is Sahmad, it may be a name you’ve heard around the home fires of the Agori, or whispered by the Glatorian as they stand watch…”Note: If you haven’t already heard Sahmad’s Tale, now might be a good time to read or listen to it.

Takadox stepped onto the peak of the Iron Giant, a mountain that lay in the Black Spike Mountains near Roxtus. Based off the information that had been given to him by an unsuspecting Agori, he had learned that the original inhabitants of Roxtus, the Skrall, had left, and the camp was now occupied by the Dark Hunters.And based off the information he had gotten from a tablet that Mantax had been carrying, he had learned that this was the most likely place to find the other Barraki, who had apparently joined into an allegiance with The Shadowed One, leader of the Dark Hunters.He began making his way downwards, a large grin beginning to form on his face…

Lewa, Kopaka and Pohatu stared at Zaktan, the green Piraka. Lewa, in a shocked voice said, “You died! Helryx told me so herself!”Zaktan laughed, and spoke in a voice that sounded like hundreds of beings speaking at once, “You silly Toa, I can’t die. When The Shadowed One struck me with his eyebeams, I didn’t die. Instead, the molecules that made up my body separated, each of them becoming its own unique living creature. Even Teridax, when he used his shadow powers, could not kill me. In fact, he only increased my power, giving me not only the ability to disperse, but to shapeshift. So long as my size is approximately the same size as the being who I am appearing to be, and is the same color, I can become them; Lewa, for example.”He pointed a finger towards the Toa of Air, “Or Ehlek.” He said as several spines grew from his back, their eerie glow lightning up the room. “Or Lesovikk.” He said, as his blade shifted into one that looked identical to Lesovikk’s. “That foolish Toa of Air never even saw me coming, and I gladly took his life, and his blade, as a way to leave evidence pointing towards him.”Kopaka said, “And the Olmak?”Zaktan said, “That I can thank Brutaka for, when it shattered, I was there to pick up the pieces, so to speak.”Lewa’s mind reeled as he thought of what this meant. A fellow Toa of Air had been killed by this monster, as well as Karzahni and Tren Krom, two of the most powerful beings in the entire universe.Suddenly Lewa felt his body beginning to vanish, and at first he thought it was Zaktan using some strange power on him, but he soon realized it was simply the Skakdi using the Olmak to bring them back to the Botan Jungle, at the place of Tren Krom’s corpse.Zaktan continued, “As for how Tren Krom was beaten...well…even with his mental powers, he can’t use telepathy on more than a hundred or so beings at once, and my body is made up of at least a thousand times that. It still gave me quite a headache though.”Zaktan said, “I am immune to physical and mental attacks, nobody can defeat me, you can’t even slow me down, I am invincible!”All at once, Zaktan let out a scream and fell to his knees. He stared at his arm, and shrieked as he watched it crumble and fall to the ground in a pile of dust.The three Toa Nuva watched in shock and horror as the Skakdi disintegrated before their very eyes. He let out one last scream, this time in a voice that sounded like only a dozen or so beings, rather than the millions like before, “How?!”And then he was gone, turned to a pile of dust. From behind the pile came a Toa of Water clad in black and blue armor. The figure opened her mouth and said, “Immune to physical and mental attacks perhaps, but are you immune to raw destruction?”The figure swept her hand through the pile, and it too vanished. She said, “The world will now answer to me; Toa Tuyet, wielder of the Kanohi Shatta, the Mask of Destruction!”…

Edited by joev14

Chapter 12

Pridak stood next to the dead body of The Shadowed One along with Ehlek He had sent Kalmah to guard the entrance to the hallway, though he really knew it wouldn’t do any good since the killer could simply get in by creating another portal.Secretly though it was because he didn’t trust Kalmah, who had always shown a desire to replace him in the position of leader of the league of six kingdoms, which was really due for a name change because half the members were gone.There was a sudden scream from down the hall, and Pridak looked up, and watched in shock and fury, as none other than Takadox walked in He glanced around and said, “Hey Pridak…uh…Kalmah kinda made a mess in the hall. Well…actually I kinda made a mess of Kalmah. It really makes no difference, in fact, both of you are about to be a couple of big messes in a little while.”Pridak jumped to his feet and whipped out his two blades, and he spat, “You filthy traitorous scumbag! How dare you show your face here again!”Takadox frowned and said, “Now Pridak, is that the way to treat an old friend?”Pridak growled and began to walk towards Takadox and said, “I have no friends.”Takadox said, “Well in that case...” He turned towards Ehlek and said, “Leave us.”He activated his powers as he said it, and Ehlek said “Yeeeees Maaaaaster.”Ehlek drove his own claw into his chest, and fell to the floor; dead.Pridak said, “You may be able to control weak minds like theirs, but you cannot control me!”Takadox grinned and said, “I don’t need to control you, to kill you.”Before Pridak even knew what was happening, Takadox had jumped into the air and landed in front of him, his twin blades at Pridak’s neck in an instant, “The league of six kingdoms no longer exists…” The neon blue Barraki said, “Only Takadox’s Dark Kingdom.”He closed the blades together, mutilating Pridak’s neck in two places. Takadox looked up at the Dark Hunter known as Darkness, “Servant, tell my lieutenants to come to my chamber at once…and have somebody clean up this mess.” He said as he indicated a finger towards the three dead bodies of the Shadowed One, Ehlek, and Pridak.The figure nodded, though not in the hypnotized movement of somebody under Takadox’s control; no, for he did it with genuine respect and obedience.Takadox smiled as he sat down in the massive chair that had once belonged to the Shadowed One and closed his eyes in triumphant rest…

Helryx felt the all too familiar feeling of her body being teleported, for the third time this week. She watched as she and her companions reappeared in the Botan Jungle once more, but this time, several beings were already there, including three of the Toa Nuva; Lewa, Kopaka, and Pohatu.Across from them stood a Toa of Water, Toa Tuyet, who wore a strange Kanohi Mask that Helryx didn’t recognize. Artakha stared at the mask with shock as he said, “The Mask of Destruction! Toa, do you know what you are attempting to control?!”Tuyet laughed, “Oh yes, I control the raw power to destroy. The creators of this mask put a safeguard in place, making it require so much elemental energy to power it that it had an hour long cooldown.” She cackled, “But, with the power of the Nui Stone’s shards, that hour has been shortened to a matter of minutes!”Teridax took a step towards her and said, “You are a disgrace to the code of the Toa!”Tuyet turned towards him and hissed, “Look at you talk, you don’t even belong here.”Before Teridax could say anything in reply, Tuyet raised a hand towards him, and he began to disintegrate. Mazeka shouted, “No!” As he ran towards his friend, and felt the sand that had once made up Teridax’s body slip through his fingers.He looked at Tuyet, a fiery anger burning in his eyes, “You Monster!” He said, enraged that he couldn’t slaughter the dark Toa of Water right then and there to avenge his fallen friend.Tuyet turned to Artakha and said, “And Artakha, great ruler and builder. I can’t have somebody like you rebuilding things that I destroy, now can I?”She raised her hand and pointed a finger towards Artakha, but nothing happened. Artakha said, “Quickly Toa! Attack while the Mask recharges! My power can counteract the Shatta, but not for very long!”Helryx and Brutaka rushed towards Tuyet, their weapons drawn. The Dark Toa of Water screeched in rage as she launched a blast of water that sent Brutaka tumbling backwards. Helryx pulled out her sword, and locked it with Tuyet’s Protosteel sickle.Tuyet twisted her blade around and Helryx’s blade flew from her hand. Tuyet smiled and held her hand out towards Helryx, and the leader of the Order of Mata Nui screamed as her body began to disintegrate. Tuyet smiled as Helryx died, but it vanished as Axonn came from behind the pillar of dust. Tuyet again screamed as Axonn’s blade came down on the Mask.She screamed yet again as a wave of raw destructive energy escaped from the Mask as it split in two Tuyet’s body, as well as Axonn’s Mask and armor shattered. Axonn fell to the ground, and the three Toa Nuva rushed to his side, hoping he was alright. Axonn said, “Ow.”He stood up and a pile of dust that had once made up his axe, mask, and armor fell into a silvery pile on the ground. Artakha picked up the two halves of the Mask of Destruction and said, “I’ll hold on to this.”Pohatu turned to Axonn and said, “So who will lead the Order now?”Axonn said, “I will…along with Brutaka.” He turned to his old friend, “That is, if you’ll have me.”Brutaka walked over and gave Axonn a slap on the back that was so hard it knocked him over again and said, “Of course I will, you big wimp.”He grabbed Axonn’s arm and helped him back up again and said, “We’d better go join the other Order members and explain what’s happened.”As Brutaka opened a portal with the last Olmak left in existence Artakha said, “Wait, I need to head back as well.”Mazeka said, “As do I.”He helped Mavrah to his feet and the five beings walked through the portal, and it closed behind them. The three Toa Nuva tried to go through the portal as well, but it closed before they could get through it. Lewa said, “Great, so how are we going to get back now?”Kopaka turned to Pohatu, a smile beginning to form on his face as he said, “I think I have an idea…”

Vezon watched the nine Makutoa zoom towards him. He struggled to activate the Olmak powers, but once again the Mask of Dimensional Gates failed him. However, he watched as a blast of shadow energy struck the oncoming Toa, killing the three closest Shadow Takanuvas, and sending the other six Makutoa flying across the rocky plateau.Vezon turned to see Miserix standing nearby, shadow energy still crackling in his claws. The old leader of the Makuta flew up into the air, bringing a mighty fist down on a Shadow Toa, and slashing his claw across the face of another, shattering his Mask. He grabbed the maskless Toa, and threw him to the ground, where he lay very still.Akhmou flew at Miserix, two more Makutoa flanking him, but Miserix simply absorbed them, only growing stronger as he did so. Miserix grabbed the last Shadow Takanuva by the face, and snapped his neck. He threw the dead body of the Toa at Tridax, but the Makuta of Nynrah dodged and hurled a shadow bolt at Miserix. The two Makuta flew at each other and locked their blades.“Finally!” Vezon exclaimed, as a portal appeared nearby.Suddenly the portal began to move, and gradually picked up speed as it went. The two battling Makuta stopped and turned, and the portal flew right into them, transporting them to who knows where as it went. “Oops.” Vezon said, “Oh well. I didn’t like either of them anyway.” He said as he walked away…

Pohatu panted as he stopped at the New Atero build site. He had dropped Lewa off at New Tesara, which had just finished being built. The two of them were met by Gali, who had a worried look on her face. She beckoned for them to follow her, and the three of them walked over to a crowd of people surrounding a Toa of Ice who wore silver Kanohi Mask. Pohatu said, “Is that?...”Gali nodded, and they pushed their way to the front of the crowd where Tahu and Onua stood. Matoro said, “Good, you have returned brothers, but where is Lewa?”Kopaka said, “He’s at new Tesara, they just finished construction there.”Matoro said, “Very well, this cannot wait any longer.” He paused for a moment, “As you may know, the red star that lies above us is actually a propulsion system for the Mata Nui Robot.”They all nodded, and Matoro continued, “But it also serves another purpose. It is a weapon of mass destruction that is capable of recreating The Shattering.”They all gasped, and Matoro continued once again, “I was sent by the ones you know as the Great Being to warn you. The red star has fallen under the control of those who wish to destroy the planet so they can tap into the resources that lie at the Spherus Magna’s core. Many of you have heard of these beings before. They are called…The Element Lords…”

To be continued in the

Yesterday Quest

Edited by joev14