The Switch Mirror

Voxumo

Well I've totally redone the Switch mirror during bzpower down time I hope everybody likes it. I hope people also leave comments on it at It's review page

banner.jpg

Here is the review topic for The Switch Mirror http://www.bzpower.c...p?showtopic=971Gallery for characters in this story on mocpages.http://www.mocpages....lder.php/114865main charactersToa Voxumo: toa of iceToa Ganato: toa of plantlifeToa Gedorna: toa of gravityToa Phuna: toa of lightningToa Yarsata: toa of psionicsTuraga Zakano: turaga of ironVanoka: Turaga zakano's frost walker mountOmawirt Evil Biomechanical alien with a grudge against the Great Beings

Chapter 1: The Revelation

500 years prior to the great cataclysmAll I see is white. Overwhelming white. I lift my head only to realize there's an object covering my face. As I lift my hands to remove the object I see that my hand is covered with some sort of metal with tissue underneath. In fact my whole body is similar to my hand. Then I discover the magnificent yet horrid truth: I'm the thing I always enjoyed and created a bionicle.After that revelation I start trying to remember what events occurred prior to waking up in the snow of mata-nui knows where.As I search my mind, I find that my memory has faded; I can only remember snippets of my human life. I don't even remember my name. Although, I can remember some general things about BIONICLES - the elements, what colors go with what element, what Toa and Matoran are, and that most people wear things called kanohi masks - but I feel lost and strange. Just then, a being emerges from a snow drift.. Just then a being emerged from a snow drift. The being was roughly 4.5 feet tall, was also wearing a mask and his armor was white. I remembered enough to identify the being as a ko-matoran. The ko-matoran walked up to me and said "so I take your not from around here. By the way my name is Nalo. I live in these mountains."

I felt that I should introduce my self “It’s nice to meet you Nalo. My name is Voxumo.”“That name is very unique.”“Also you are right I'm not from this here. Where is here anyway?" I ask the ko-matoran" well we're on the northern continent close to a village of fe-matoran." Answers Nalo" would you be willing to guide me to that village?" I asked" I was planning on heading there anyway to pick up supplies, and it would also be good to have a travel partner so sure why the heck not. But it will take about a full days travel and we will most likely camp during the night. ""That will be perfectly fine I'm in no hurry at all Nalo.”We had to head back to his cabin that was about 2 hours away. While there he gathered any supplies he may need including a light stone, heat stone and a small dagger. He suddenly tossed me a short sword. “I noticed that you have no form of weapon on you so I’m giving you this short sword in case we have to defend ourselves.”“Thanks Nalo, I’ll return it to you when we get to the village.”“You don’t need to return it I’m giving it to you as a gift.”We finally left his cabin an hour later. After several hours he and I started talking while we were traveling. I had so many questions I would have liked to ask him so I started with the easiest questions first such as the landscape and other things like that. He eventually asked me whether I was a Toa of ice. I simply told him that I really don’t know because I experienced some memory loss when I arrived here.I didn’t know how he would take the truth about my origins.We had to stop and find some form of shelter since it was almost dusk and Nalo did not feel comfortable traveling at night due to a report of a mauka in this area. We found a small cave that was hollowed out on the side of a snow covered hill. Nalo took out the container the heat stone was in and placed it in a small groove in the ground he had carved. I must admit that I was surprised by how warm that little stone kept the place.After Nalo and I had set up our small camp I asked him how long he thought it will take us to get to the village. He replied that maybe another 6 or 8 hours and that the rest of the way would be much warmer than the first part of the trail. After about an hour I was out for the count.I woke up to the chittering of a single kofo-jaga that had started to climb up my leg. I quickly got to my feet and kicked my leg till the little thing let go.I heard laughter coming from Nalo “Well at least you’re up now,” I glared at him “Hey you weren’t waking up and I had been up and ready for two hours. While you were sleeping I went and grabbed some bula berries for our breakfast.”“Thanks.”Nalo and I sat down in the entrance of the cave and ate the bula berries. We had then gathered our supplies and left for the last part of the trip. We luckily encountered no obstacles at all and were in the village in only four hours.Once we had gotten into the village Nalo showed me some of the high lights of the place including the market. Since I had no money he was nice enough to buy me a small map tablet that included the southern continent, northern continent, Xia and Stelt. Even though the map was not one of the most detailed maps available but it served its purpose and even included the estimated travel from one location to the next via boat.“Thanks Nalo for buying me that. I wish I had something to give you in return.”“Well there’s one thing you can give me,”“What’s that?”“Come and see me again and don’t forget me.”“That I can do, and thanks again.”Just then a Ba-Matoran came running up to Nalo and I and he looked absolutely exhausted.Nalo turned towards the matoran with a concerned look on his face“What is it Vinonata?”“Toa Laviki sent me to retrieve you and said that it was urgent.” He said with gasping breath.Nalo and I started running towards Laviki’s hut and boy am I glad Nalo knew where it was or else I would have gotten lost.I had to ask what was on my mind, “Who’s Laviki?”“Oh ya you don’t know. He is the only toa in this village and is a veteran of many battles. Most of the villagers revere him as the wisest being they know.”“Sounds like he is someone of importance.”“That he is and he is also a Toa of Gravity.”We finally made it to Laviki’s hut that was in like the center of the village hidden deep in the market. We were about to knock on the door when it swung open and a black and purple toa stood in the doorway.The Toa then spoke in a soft voice “Thanks Nalo for bringing him here.”“Anything for you, Laviki.”Nalo then looked at me, “Voxumo this is Laviki, Laviki this is Voxumo.”“It’s very nice meeting you Laviki.”Laviki turned to Nalo and put his arm on Nalo’s shoulder and said. “Well Nalo I need to keep Voxumo with me so if you don’t mind could you two say your farewells so that Voxumo and I and start his training.”“Wait you mean that your going to train me?!”“And not any type of training but training to become a Toa.”Nalo turned to me and looked at me with a subtle hint of regret “Well I hope that you will come and see me sometime. Luckily I showed you where I live, and I wish you the best of luck and may the Great Spirit watch and guide you on your journey”I took my hand and gave him a fist bump “I will make sure I do and I hope that Mata-Nui guides and watches over you too.”With that last word Nalo turned and started walking away and deeper into the maze that is the market and I knew that I would probably never see him again but deep in my mind I knew I would like too.I turned toward Laviki and he welcomed me into his house. When I went into his house he guided me to a table and found a seat for me.I gazed at Laviki with a studying like stare “So Laviki how did you know that I was here?”“Well I have a mask of clairvoyance and one day I was sitting in my hut looking out a window when I saw a vision of a being from another dimension and world fall through a hole that had been covered by snow. I then saw the being’s body disintegrated and reform into a white biomechanical form and land in a forest covered by ice.”“That sounds like me and how I arrived here even the method. Now that I think of it I remember falling through a deep black hole and the next thing I remember is waking up in a snow drift with this body. But that still doesn’t explain how you knew it was me.”“Well after I had that vision I tried to figure out its meaning but I couldn’t. Then about 5 weeks ago I received another while asleep. This time there were words floating all around a white room then one materialized out of nowhere but was written in an ancient dialect that I did not know then more words started appearing faster than I could follow. I suddenly woke up and was at this very table carving the symbols into the table with a piece of sharp rock. I had never had that happen where I performed an action while asleep and having a vision. Not being trained in this language I took a small trip to Metru-Nui and had an old Onu-matoran friend of mine translate it.”He took a deep breath and continued. “My friend told me that the whole thing translated out to a type of prophecy/history. He wrote it all down for me” As he said that he handed me a small stone tablet with writing on it.I took the tablet and started to read it and to my surprise I could read the matoran alphabet like I always knew how to. The tablet read as follows.

He who looked into his own reflection saw anothers

And in that reflection stood his soul and a single word

Voxumo

Even though he had never seen that word he knew it as the truth

The truth that was his name

His soul had gotten sucked into a gravity far greater than any other

And in that gravity he found a friend, a teacher and a team

This Voxumo would one day be known by few

But would impact millions of lives

He who received this vision and understands it is destined to teach the frozen one“From what I understand I’m the one who is destined to train you and help you start your destiny.”“Well Laviki I may not know why I was chosen for this, but I cannot refuse my destiny and I will be honored to be taught by you.”“Well then there is only thing left to do before I start your training and this is probably the most important part.”After he said that Laviki grabbed me by the shoulders and transferred some form of energy into me. I stood there frozen for what felt like a lifetime. The energy traveled through my whole body and it felt like millions of insect crawling under my armor even my mask was gaining energy.When I could finally move I looked around for Toa Laviki, although I realized I was lying on a bed made of Bula tree leaves. Suddenly a short being with black and purple armor and a small staff with a gem connected to the top of the staff that swirled as if a black hole was in there.Then the being spoke, “I know this may be a bit of a surprise but you had the form of a toa but not the powers of one. So I sacrificed my toa power to grant you the powers that belong with the form even your kanohi. But in the process I was transformed into a turaga, but even with this form I still can train you on how to use you powers and your kanohi but the training won’t be easy and could take 13 years to finish.”“I understand and I do not care how long it takes just that I give my all and follow your training.”“Good then from this point on you are a Toa of Ice and I will be your trainer, mentor and above all else your friend."

End of Chapter 1

Edited by Voxumo The Frozen One

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Chapter 2: The Test

490 years prior to the great cataclysmWell Voxumo, this is your last test.” Laviki spoke from a distance away. It has been 10 years since Laviki started training me. Laviki focuses more on using my mind and my senses instead of direct fighting although he has taught me so many different battle techniques, heck I even beat him 4 times. Even though he’s a turaga he is mighty agile and nimble. Laviki in the last 2 years have focused on my senses believing that all senses should be at the same level: locating Laviki’s staff blind in a practice field filled with a captured gate guardian, having to smell Laviki while he used a kanohi Volitak in a heavily wooded forest etc. Laviki was really surprised how quick I learned how to use a kanohi and my elemental powers. During our time together he and I have gone from teacher and student to friends that would do anything for each other. He would always talk about his past adventures which I enjoyed listening to, many times we just sat in his hut talking and laughing. Then just five days ago he told me that we would be starting my final test.“So Laviki what must I do for this test?” I could not believe this is the last test.“I have hidden two teleportation kanoka disks in a frozen forest and one in another location which you will have to find for yourself. I have placed the two kanoka in hard to reach places in each area places that no one even a toa will get too easily.”“What are the dangers?”“I don’t know.” Laviki said with a serious face“Really? Your joking right you must know what dangers there are.”“Nope. And if you succeed in gathering the two disks hit them against each other.”“Why?”“Oh you’ll see why soon enough. One disk can be found in a frozen pit while the other can be found among the darkness.” His words are confusing sometimes.“Okay.”“You will have four days to complete this task. I have also put several packs of supplies through out the trees and you will find a sword hidden among the snow banks.”“Well thanks for making this a challenge.” I said with a laugh.“Oh and here is a bula fruit to start.” He says as he hands me the fruitI start absorbing the energy and once there was none left I noticed a strange feeling.“Laviki where did you get that bula?”“Oh I grew it myself and it cancels your elemental powers for five days.”I cough and start feeling a bit of irritation building up in me, “Why the heck did you do that?”“It is a part of this test. Using elemental powers would make it really easy so I’m making you do this without your powers and use all that I have taught you. See you later.”“Wait where are you goi…” He suddenly disappeared. Well I guess this is a good time to start my test. I kind of stood still for five minutes just taking in the surroundings and trying to think like Laviki. After that I finally found some form of a clue, which was sunlight reflecting from some metallic substance covered by thick ice. I started heading in that direction when I had this little hoto fire bug start following me from behind. I didn’t bother getting away since it was not causing any harm to me. I finally made it to the ice mound only to have a revelation: How the heck am I going to remove the ice without my power. I then sat and looked around for any thing that may help. I did not find anything at all that would help, but then I had a burning sensation on my back. I went to grab what ever was on my back, and then in my hand was a hoto fire bug probably the one that was following me earlier. Then something went off in my head like a Madu cabolo; if I could get enough Hoto I could get them to cover the ice mound to free that sword with the intense heat their bodies gave off, but how would I do that. I then had a really good plan and I executed my plan. Laviki had showed me a tree during one of our training sessions that secreted a very sticky substance. I was lucky enough to find one of the trees and gathered some in a vile I was caring with me. I then found a decent sized rock. I headed back to the ice mound and placed the Hoto on the rock and then covered his legs with the sticky substance. After I finished that I placed him and the rock on the ice mound. I walked away, about 40 yards away so that I could watch my plan unfold. I started to hear what sounded like very angry clicking then I saw this small cloud of fire red Hoto heading towards the Hoto I placed on the ice mound. Then as I had planned their body heat rapidly melted the ice covering the sword. I waited for 1 an hour till each and every Hoto was gone before I attempted to collect the sword, the reason I waited so long because I just really did not feel like dealing with over a hundred Hoto bugs. Apparently I had spent about six hours completing my plan and gathering the sword. When I was examining the sword, that was white and black, I found a small switch on the pommel of the sword. I decided to press the switch and next thing I know the sword was pulled by some unknown source and I could not budge the sword at all so I pressed the switch again and I could once again move the sword. From several different tests I determined that the sword acted like a compass and would point north whenever I pressed the switch. When I figured it out the first thought that I had was that’s so much like Laviki always hiding something in ordinary objects. I then decided to head towards the east towards an area covered in dense forest thinking that most likely the first disk that was supposed to be involved with water so I figured a lake and most likely a hidden lake and where better to hide a lake than in a dense forest. When I entered the tree’s I automatically caught some branches breaking about two miles away, my sense of hearing is so sharpened that I can hear a sound three miles away. I thought to my self that it was most likely the rahi that was suppose to guard the disk keeping an eye on me, but I made no indication that I had heard the creature. After walking for several hours I found two of the supply packs Laviki had hidden. Each pack contained two Bula fruit, a lightstone, a heat stone and five Madu. So luckily I found two packs so I knew I had at least two days worth of food, two light stones, two heat stones and ten Madu. I took one of the heat stones and placed it in a small hole surrounded by rocks. I decide that since it was getting dark I would call it a day and start up earlier tomorrow. As mind started to get drowsy I also decided that I would head towards the direction I had heard the creature earlier.As sleep took over I could have sworn that a warm breeze covered my body in a forest of snow.

End Of Chapter 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Chapter 3 The Test part 2

Day 2 of testI had awoken to bright and rich sunlight shining in my eye. After several minutes of lying there thinking I woke up and quickly gathered my supplies and headed towards my original goal. As I was walking towards the east I noticed that there was a sudden absence of rahi not even a bird was chirping.I had finally gotten out of the forest but just as I exited the trees the ground gave out on me and I had fallen into a hole several feet down. As I had started getting up I notice that I suddenly was stuck to the ground and could not move any part of my body except my head. I had started looking around when I heard what sounded like a chirping hissing noise. Suddenly I saw 4 glowing blue eyes out of the shadows and whatever those eyes belonged to started moving towards me out of the shadows. Unexpectedly clouds had moved out from in front of the sun exposing the rahi. I almost wished I had never seen it. It had a spider like appearance but a long tail with what looked like an ice pick on the end, its legs ended in razor sharp points.I started hearing a sizzling noise. I looked around for the source of the noise when I looked at the webbing that had immobilized my body and realized the webbing that held my right hand was litterally disintegrating. Just has the rahi shot more webbing at me I grabbed my sword and used it to catch the suns rays with destroyed the webbing before it ever got to me. Apparently the rahi was surprised and had started walking towards me with its jaws snapping open and close. Once it had gotten in range of me it started to try and strike me and luckily I was able to move the sword to block the tail and the tail actually hit the webbing holding my feet down and snapped it. As soon as my legs were free I went to jump onto a ledge in the hole when it had launched webbing at my feet. I only had second to activate my kanohi and lowered the chance of the web holding. It luckily worked but affected my jump and I had to grab hold of the ledge with my hands. After I made it to the ledge I jumped just high enough to get back on the surface. As I fell to my knees I felt the ground rumbling. I knew what ever it was it could not be good and started looking for some sort of good defending position only to find a large ice covered stone.

I ran to the rock and climbed up it. As to have a good view of what was going on. Then a large limb came out of the ground then another until the whole creature was out. The creature I had encountered was actually a puppet attached to the real creatures head.This rahi was easily twenty feet high and its body consisted of two abdomens each with two legs and a set of pincers. The rahi looked like it was made out of pure ice but had veins of purple running throughout the ice. Then I saw a kanoka frozen into the rahis forehead. As I was staring at it it had apparently seen me as well and took one of its pincers and launched transparent webbing from it and hit the rock I was standing on. I had barely jumped off in time before the rahi retracted the web successfully pulling in the rock and crushing it in its pincer.I had to find some way to get on it’s forehead without being hit by the webbing it kept throwing at me. I had a plan that may work. I went over to a large cliff and stood there taunting the rahi into firing its web. Just as the web would have hit me I moved out of the way. I started running towards the forest and the rahi tried to follow me but had forgotten that it was attached to the wall. Just as soon as it got one of its other pincers to snap the web I had disappeared into the forest. I could here its huge body snapping trees as it ran after me. I hoped that there might be some heat from heat still in the heatstone. As I approached my previous camp spot with the rahi still close behind me I saw a swarm of hoto bugs surrounding the heatstone not caring about their stings I grabbed the stone and threw it at the rahi head just as it entered the clearing hoping that it would hit the spot I needed it to.I then heard the rahi scream after being hit by the heatstone and as I hoped the hoto started flying towards the only source of heat in this frozen forest. If rahi could have talked I know he would be praying just as the swarm of hoto hit his head. He tried to shake the creatures off and in the process the kanoka had flown out of his now melting head. I ran to catch it and was successful. As I looked back I saw the Rahi suddenly turn into a cloud of what looked like black smoke that moved like an eel and floated out of the forest.I have no idea what or how it did that but I made sure to also get out of the area. As I walked out of the forest the blade I had in my sack flew out of it and struck me in the back which caused me to fly head long into the kanoka disk. There was a bright flash and next thing I know standing on a beach with trees that looked like they were made of crystal. Suddenly I realized they were made of crystal but were swaying in the breeze. I looked at the ground and saw that all my supplies were still with me even the kanoka disk. I decide to sit down and gather my thoughts and plan my next move since the sun was now setting. As I sat there I enjoyed the warm breeze coming off the sand, while realizing that I would have to get some sleep on this strange beach.

End Of Chapter 3

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Chapter 4 The Test part 3

Day 3 of testI never realized how incredibly annoying ocean waves could be. I had set up my camp on the edge of the jungle overlooking the beach. About 4 hours after I fell asleep I suddenly started to choke on water; the tide had come in and flooded my camp. Luckily I had tied my sack to a tree branch to protect it. So I moved to a different location that was no where near water but had thorn bushes around, feeling that everything was good I went to asleep again. Then get this I once again woke up to choking on water, it had decided to rain heavily near a lake but I had received no rain what so ever but the lake had flooded and I was now 3 feet deep in water. I gathered my supplies and cursed at the water, right after I cursed at it it suddenly rose another 2 feet. I decided that I was obviously not meant to get any sleep so I headed to high ground and took out the sword Laviki left me to see where I should head next. After 10 minutes the sword suddenly jolted in my hands and pointed toward a huge cliff face, so naturally I decided to follow my league and head toward the cliff.Once I had put the sword away I gathered the rest of my supplies and headed to the cliff, which took me about 20 minutes to get there. Once I made it I realized that there was no opening or cave mouth on the side of the cliff, so I decided to take out the sword to see if it had possibly been wrong but when I took it out it still pointed to the cliff. I took a break and went to lean on the cliff and found my self on my back with a crushed bula berry leaking it juice all over my pack. I quickly got to y feet to see what exactly had happened and how it happened. I could see the clearing from whence I had just been but as I went to walk back out I was met by a huge electric shock and propelled against the wall effectively smashing yet another bula berry. It seemed to act like a two way mirror of no return“Of course it seems everything is against me today. Watch it a little lava rat and kofo-jaga will fight me and win next!” I said aloudRealizing that I could not get out of this cave I took the light stone out of my pack after cleaning up the bula berry mess. As the stone illuminated the cave I realized that there was a long dark tunnel at the back of the cave. Knowing no other options I headed toward the tunnel not knowing how long or far down the tunnel went.I had been traveling the tunnel for what I think was 4 hours and nothing of major importance had happened except your occasional archive mole and such. I stopped for a second to rest when I saw that the tunnel had a turn coming up and there appeared to be some light coming from the turn so I ate a bula berry and started walking back down the tunnel. When I turned the corner I saw that there was a huge cave with several light stones in the ceiling illuminating the cave. As I entered the cave I heard a deep growling coming from a darkened part of the cave. Suddenly a Longfang came lunging at me at full attack mode as if it had been on edge because of something else. I was lucky enough to get out of the way quick enough to avoid injury but I noticed that it had a large gash on its body, supporting my theory that something else had been here.Knowing I could not out run it I quickly thought of a plan to lose it. I dashed for the next tunnel with the Longfang close behind. I knew that in my pack I had a bula berry that had rotted hoping that this would work I threw it behind me and threw my extra heat stone at it. As soon as the heat stone hit it the fruit exploded and created a large wall of flame that blocked the Longfang from me. As I hoped the Longfang gave up the chase. Even though it gave up the chase I did not stop running till I was at least a mile away from the fire.I decided to rest for a minute and pulled out my sword to see if I was still going the right way. The sword confirmed that I was still on course. After my encounter with the long fang I had all my senses on full alert as I traveled even farther into the tunnel. Eventually I came across another cavern but something was different: there were foot prints all around the cave, worse so was they belonged to a bipedal creature and had definite claws. I followed the foot prints till they suddenly ended against the cave wall. As soon as I went to turn around a large form dropped from the ceiling. The being I saw before me was what looked like a skakdi but with four arms; two whip like tails and spikes running down the whole body. One of the arms looked more like a tentacle with small pincers running along the whole tentacle. The being was easily 8 feet tall and was white and purple.Then to my surprise it spoke to me in what sounded like multiple deep voices with a horrible hissing added in “I see you finally made it Voxumo.”“How do you know my name and second off what are you?”“I’m a shape shifting rahi by the name of Kavanex and one of the last of my species. And I know your name because you fought me already.”“I would know if I had fought you.”“No you wouldn’t because I was in a different form. Maybe this will help you remember.”As I watched his head became a small version of the rahi I fought in that snowy region. “That was you? Why did you attack me?”“I attacked you because I had seen a turaga come into my territory and leave some device. Knowing that the device must bee important I collected it and kept it for my self, until you came.”“Well it’s not my fault that he went into your territory. I had no knowing that he had just left me and told me to find items and if I collected them I wou…..”“ I don’t care for the reason why but for the fact that you did and I now have the other item you need but I wont let you live long enough to claim it you pathetic excuse as a toa.”“No one gets away with corrupting the title of a toa, especially some overgrown insect that has to depend on others forms and powers to defend it self! Now I hope you’re ready because at the end of this you will not remember anything but the memory of your defeat!” I said with a shining fire in my voice.

I realized that I could probably not beat this rahi, but maybe if I’m lucky I can outrun it or cause it to become stuck. I drew my sword and stood there staring into Kavanex’s eyes thinking what I could do. Then all of a suddenly the four arms of Kavanex started glowing as if they were gathering energy. I knew that I had no hope of running from this attack so as the bolts were about to leave his hands I activated my mask of probability and increased the chance of them missing. Just as I had hoped they left his hands but went any where but me. As an unsuspected benefit they struck the few ligtstones in this cave effectively coating us in darkness. I’m so glad that I don’t only rely on my sight because I was able to get to the ground and crawl to the tunnel where I jumped to my feet and ran back towards the first cave I entered. As I was running I could hear the heavy footsteps of Kavanex running towards me."You may have been able to take out the lights, little Toa, but I can still smell you and your fear."Knowing that there would be no use in talking since that would only give him better chances of catching up to me. Just as I turned into the tunnel where the fire had happened I remembered that there was still the Longfang somewhere in this place since he could not escape. Seeing that the Longfang could be an unsuspecting ally I once again activated my mask power I increased the chance of the Longfang attacking Kavanex. As I had hoped I ran right past the Longfang and heard it start growling at Kavanex and eventually lunge at him. But as soon as I heard the growl I also heard a loud thud and knew that that was most likely the Longfang being thrown against the rock wall, although it did slow down Kavanex enough for me to get to the entrance of the cave. I had seconds to figure out a way to get through that wall. Then out of nowhere I took the Kanoka disk I had and threw it at the wall seconds before I would have struck it. Even though I knew the wall would not teleport the disk caused the wall to become intangible allowing me to get through it and still grab the kanoka before the wall destroyed it.I stopped just feet away from the wall to see Kavanex standing there looking at me with a furious glare in his eyes.“Wow you honestly think I can not get through this wall.”“Well that is what I’m hoping, but obviously you are going to tell me you have some way of getting through it. Am I on the right track?”“Yes, but instead of telling you I’m just going to do it.” And as soon as he finished speaking his body started to become transparent and move through the wall. You could see the energy from the wall trying to stop him but with no effect.I had only seconds to get away from here before he got all the way out. Not knowing what options I had I started running back towards the beach not knowing where else to go. Then to my surprise I saw trees flying through the air behind a sure sign that he was following me once again. I was only a few feet away from the water when I was struck by a huge energy bolt that racked my whole body leaving no part unstung.“So this is how you will end lying on a black beach with no friends or allies to mourn you. You Toa are such pathetic creatures, thinking that you’re invincible and can not be defeated. Well here’s news for you little snow flake, you are nothing more than a snowflake in the wind not knowing where or when you will melt.”“And what makes your kind so much better.”“What makes us better is that we can accept our fate and do not try to throw ourselves in to other peoples business putting risk to our selves.”“But what you don’t realize Kavanex is that some times you have to intervene to help others and even yourself. And that is what will be your down fall right now.” I said with a soft chuckle“What are you talking about this will be your downfall you pathetic….’ He was cut off mid sentence by a sudden force hitting his back.Earlier on my journey I had helped a group of Kavinika that were being attacked by several large nui-jaga. Apparently they had remembered and gathered their friends and were now attacking Kavanex. Seeing an advantage I kicked Kavanex square in the jaw effectively propelling him over my shoulders and into the ocean behind me. As I went to look at him I saw that he was squirming in the water and it looked as if the water was actually burning him. Feeling some sense of mercy I pulled him out of the water and set him on the beach. When I set him on the sand I noticed that the kanoka I was looking for was imbedded in his abdomen. I took my sword and scraped the kanoka out of him. I then looked down at him and said with a voice as cold as the element I control“I want you to remember Kavanex that you are only alive because I felt mercy for you and felt that you deserve a more memorable defeat. I’m going to leave now and leave you here unconscious with my new found friends guarding you against any thing that might decide to harm you while you are down.”“Thank you and I will not forget this Toa.”After that I took the two kanoka and merged them into one and took it in my hand and struck my self with it. For a few seconds all I saw was black and then I was standing in Laviki’s hut, but for the life of me I could not see Laviki anywhere but his sword and shield he had as a toa were on the floor with a tablet next to it that said ‘for Voxumo’ I took the sword and shield in hand when suddenly a violent burst of energy leap out of the tools and consume my whole body and I blacked out. When I came to I felt that my powers had returned yet I also felt a new light but strong armor covering my body. I got to my feet and walked over to Laviki’s special mirror that was actually solid water that showed a perfect reflection of me. To my surprise I was wearing armor that reflected what Laviki looked like when he was a Toa, with the only difference being my mask and the coloration of the armor instead of it being purple and black it was white and black. I also saw a note telling me to meet with Nalo who would be waiting at the local inn.Figuring that no harm would come I went to the inn to see Nalo. As I entered the inn I saw Nalo sitting at a table. Apparently he saw me enter the inn because he motioned me to come over and sit with him.“So I see the gift Laviki left you.”“Yes. Speaking of Laviki where is he?”Nalo took a second to answer and I could obviously see the distress in his voice. He finally found his voice“ I don’t know how to tell you this Voxumo, so I’m going to be blunt, the village was attacked by a group of visorak and Laviki stood before them and actually defeated 10 of them himself. But during a struggle with a Keelerahk he was hit by its spinner and he survived the attack but was seriously injured. I personally took him to my hut and tried to heal is wounds but I could not.”“Wow he sacrificed himself to help everyone else. He was a great person.”“Yes he was. After I tried to heal him he told me to get a friend of his who was a nynrah ghost. So I found him and brought him to Laviki, and to my surprise Laviki told him to take his body and craft it into a special armor for a friend. The Nynrah ghost complied and what you have now is Laviki.”“I didn’t know. He gave this armor to me and I will use it to complete my destiny in his honor!”“He also left me with this note for you.”Nalo handed me the note and after I read it I realized it was an outline of what that prophecy meant and what I must d to complete it. It was surprising how simple the task was: I had to find 5 beings and form a team, each being would lead me to the next. We would have to complete a mission that could save everyone if we were successful, I do not know what the task is. I took the note and bid Nalo farewell. He said that Laviki had left me a strange vehicle that could travel over land and water but only could last one trip without stopping at all. I gathered supplies and said farewell to everyone one and hopped on the vehicle and left to complete my destiny.

End Of Chapter 4

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Chapter 5 The Observation

Some where on a southern island.Ahhh there’s nothing better than the smell of burning protodermis in the morning. I had found a cave on a side of a cliff looking over a brotherhood fortress. I had been able to find a heat stone along the way to here from the southern continent. When I awoke I looked over the edge of the cave and the sight I saw was one of amazement: several hundred zyglak and frostelus were mounting an attack on the fort. I activated my levitation add-ons and used them to reach the top of the cliff to get a better view of the battle. The zyglak had the upper hand because of their plague and the unique properties of their weapons. The fort had a squad of visorak and a vortixx guarding it. Even as the zyglak defeated the visorak the frostelus started scaling the wall to reach the roof of the fort. I left the scene continuing my original goal.From the cliff I headed northeast towards a small village. From a note I had received from Nalo that Laviki left me after his death that told me to seek out zakano in the southern islands. As I headed in that direction I had noticed several rock raptors had been fleeing from the direction I was heading. So I quickened my pace only to see a village on fire. I summoned my elemental power and lowered the temp in that area causing the flames to freeze. As soon as I reached the now frozen village I fell into a pit that had been covered with twigs and branches. I tried levitating out of the hole only to find a force field preventing me from exiting. I then saw the scarred noble mask of fate.“Why did you freeze those fires” they turaga asked“I saw those huts were on fire” I said with no hint of denial in my voice.“Those fires were on purpose. The huts are made of leaves from a local plant and if you want to harden the leaves you have to burn the leaves.”“I’m sorry. I had no idea. If there’s anything I can do to help just tell me.” I said with an honest tone to my voiceAfter I said that the turaga left and next I know the shield dissipated and I levitated out of the hole. I then heard foot steps coming closer. I turned around and saw an insectoid rahi with the turaga riding in a hollow in the insects back.“Well stranger this here is one of the last safe havens for fe-matoran. And I lead this village.”“My name is Voxumo, toa of ice and I was an ally of toa laviki. And I…”“You said Laviki” the turaga asked in a hurried yet surprised tone“Yes. He trained me and sent me on a mission to form a team”“So I had met Laviki in the past and he was a great toa. Is he still alive?”“I’m sorry to say this but no he’s dead.” I said with a bit of sorrow.“How did he die?”“Well see he is here but transformed himself in to armor and that is what I’m wearing now.”“Oh I see. May I have a look at your shoulder armor Voxumo?”“Sure.” As I bent down to show him my shoulder armor I heard him gasp.“That symbol on your armor I have seen that symbol lately. Oh by the way my name is zakano turaga of iron and this is vanuka my frost walker.”“So you are the person I’ve been looking for. Laviki left me a note saying to look for you.”After I helped restart the fire zakano took me to his shelter where he showed me a protosteel box with three dials on it, each dial had the numbers 1 through 10. Zakano told me that the box had suddenly crashed through his roof. He also told me that he couldn’t open it even with his powers. Then I looked closer at the dials. Then it hit me.“Zakano I know the solution to opening this box.”“So what is the solution?”“ Can you go over to the dials on the box for me Zakano and turn them to the positions I tell you?” “Sure”“Well for the first dial rotate it to 8 second 5 and finally the third dial is 0. Laviki always talked about how his favorite number was 850 or a mio.”As I spoke the numbers Zakano turned the dials to the right number and as we entered the final digit there was a loud hissing sound that came from the lid of the box and out popped a small stone tablet that I grabbed midair. The tablet said “granato”. Zakano and I knew the next step in our journey. We had to seek out this granato. Zakano had also suggested heading to Stelt and that he had a fe-matoran ally that could supply us with a boat for travel since mine had been stolen. So after zakano gathered supplies we left the village making sure the village was guarded we headed to the shore. From there zakano paid the fe-matoran and got the boat and we then put the supplies on the boat. I questioned zakano why he was bringing vanuka, his frost walker, and he told me that he and vanuka had developed a close relationship and plus he discovered that if a turaga and a frost walker really trusted each other that the frost walker could increase a turaga elemental abilities almost to the level of a toa. He also says it’s just quicker riding vanuka. So after that discussion we got the boat into the water and we were on our way.

End Of Chapter 5

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Chapter 6: Complete Pause

Somewhere in the middle of the ocean.I had not known how crazy you could become just staring into the ocean. Zakano and I have been on the ocean for 5 days now. We were lucky enough to find a small island that had several bula trees. After we restocked our supplies and camped on the island we had set sail again. On the fourth day of sailing zakano showed signs of a rare and devastating disease: utter boredom. Oh but on the fifth day he snapped. I had been meditating on the deck of ship only to be disturbed by the sound of running footsteps. I got up from the pose I was in and opened my eyes. Before I could even blink I saw zakano get in to a jumping position, I ran to catch him just as he was jumping overboard. I was able to grab his legs although he still resisted my trying to pull him back on board all the while he was shouting at me.“Darn it Voxumo let me jump!”“Jumping into the ocean won’t cure your boredom especially since you don’t know how to swim. I mean really what inspired your method of curing boredom!” I shouted back at him.“Well you actually do have a good point, mind pulling me back on board.”“Just don’t jump over again or I will freeze you till we get to Stelt.”“Alright fair enough.” Zakano said with a semi calm tone of voiceas we were having our little event neither of us noticed that Stelt had come into view and that we were heading towards a rocky outcropping jutting out of the ocean. I threw Zakano onboard the ship and ran to the controls of the ship and made a hard left turn. Even though I tried to avoid certain destruction I couldn’t. So I ran to Zakano and Vanuka grabbed both by one of their arms and activated my L.F.A (Levitation Feet Add-ons) just as the boat struck the out cropping. Luckily I had levitated enough to take Zakano and Vanuka out of the path of several broken pieces of boat that could have killed them. I then looked for a spot to land but not seeing one I froze some of the ocean to create a temporary landing area. As I set Zakano and Vanuka down on the ice. Zakano immediately hopped into Vanuka’s hollow in his back. I then created a staircase that led up to the top of the cliff behind the rocky outcroppings.As soon as we were all on the cliff Zakano came over to me to say thanks.“Hey I couldn’t just let you be crushed now could I?” I answered in a joking manner.“I understand that but what really amazed me was how fast you reacted to the situation. Not even Laviki could have pulled off that feat in such a short time.”“Well I have no good answer to how I pulled that feat off but I just did.” I said with honesty“Yeah but that was still amazing. Heck Vanuka and I would not be standing here if it wasn’t for you, so thank you very much Voxumo. Vanuka and I owe our lives to you.” Zakano said even as he was translating Vanuka’s low pitched calls.“Zakano you know how you can help me, just by accompanying me on my journey.”After we took a second to re-gather ourselves I took vanuka and headed back to the wreckage of our boat to gather what resources I could from the wreckage. After an hour of searching I filled the hollow in Vanuka’s back with what I had found and told Vanuka to head back up to Zakano. Luckily during our time spent on the boat zakano had taught me simple commands in the frost walker language so that even I could partially talk to Vanuka. After Vanuka went back up to zakano I gathered what I could carry and levitated back up my self. During Vanuka and my salvage mission Zakano had apparently scouted the area and told me that there was what appeared to be a small outpost and that it was easily 10 miles away from our current position.I told Zakano that we would be heading out around dusk since that gave us 6 hours of sleep. Before I fell asleep I could have sworn I heard screams coming from the direction of the outpost but I dismissed it as being in an area I wasn’t used to. But oh was I wrong so very wrong.

End Of Chapter 6

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Chapter 7: The Unexpected Wake –up Call

Well this is going to be an interesting morning. I woke up to protosteel chains around my arms and that my tools were gone but I still had my mask. While I was assessing the situation a large blue bulky being stepped out of the dark corner of the apparent cell.“Well toa you’re awake now you can join your turaga ally.”“ What do you mean?”“ Oh you don’t know well you’re our newest gladiator. And the fun can start now” the blue giant (I think that’s a good name.) started laughing.He walked over to the dark corner and pulled down a large switch. Then there was this annoying light filled the room. But long behold that room was a vehicle and I was now in an arena. Two more blue giants came and undid the chains on my arms. Instinctively I tried to activate my element but found that I couldn’t.“Its useless toa this arena has the ability to block any powers so your little element won’t work you will have to use your bodies natural abilities instead of your annoying toa element.” One of the two brutes said“So who or what will I am fighting?” I ask with sarcasm“Oh you get to fight me you insolent toa.”“Good then look up.”“ What. There’s nothing Th…”Just then I got one arm free and grabbed his right leg and swung it out from underneath him but before I could do more the other blue giant grabbed my throat and lifted me in the air.“Good idea toa but the battle hasn’t started.” He set me down and directed me to a table of weapons“ Choose your weapon toa cause your now fighting me since he’s unconscious”I looked over what was available and saw my toa tools were already in his hands. Seeing my gaze he said “if you defeat me you can use them in your next fights if you live.” I decided to take a simple mace and a shield that attached to my forearm.“ If you live through the fights we’ll even let your turaga friend and his Rahi free if not then they get to fight next and I don’t think he’ll survive these battles” the blue giant said while pointing to the vehicle where Zakano and Vanuka were chained.Then some body must have hit some mechanism because the ground of the arena changed into a rocky area that had several areas easily 50 feet in the air. And the sides of the arena gave way to reveal stands with hundreds of spectators. Out of nowhere a loud deep voice announced that I and blelp (the blue giant) were about to fight and the spectators yelled in excitement.As the voice spoke those words blelp had charged at me while swinging my blade towards me. I dodged just as he was about to crash in to me so using his momentum against him I swung my mace towards his back and it surprisingly struck him and sent him face first into the dirt. As he got back to his feet I got into a defensive position.“Your very nimble toa this might be more difficult than I thought.”“ You shouldn’t let your guards down blelp. Some one might not let you up again.”As he and I looked for the other’s weakness. He then started to run towards me again so I immediately got my shield up but at the last moment he turned his charge into a slide and knocked my feet out from under me. Then before I could get up he put his foot to my throat “wonder how long until you snap apart toa.”“ Ha look behind you.” I said barely getting the word through my mouth.“Good trick toa but I know what you’re up to.”Just then I used my legs and I flipped the mace that landed on my legs so that it would strike him in the arm, which was holding my sword. When he dropped it I grabbed it with my left hand and activated the secret ability of my sword. I swung it towards his side and simultaneously activated the elemental energy reserve and as the blade struck him my reserve froze him just long enough to get out from under his foot. As I stood I activated the levitation add-ons since they were not a power and levitated up to the 20 feet and landed on a rocky out cropping.“ How did you activate those powers?” blelp said with annoyance“Their not powers but natural abilities even the sword was natural yes I stored the reserve before I even was captured. So think I’m still that easy to kill, blue giant?”As the words left my mouth Blelp made some sort of signal to the group controlling the field. The landscape of the field changed to a flat land with no obstacles. As soon as I hit the ground Blelp ran towards me. I tried to activate my add-ons but he struck the bottom of my right foot damaging the add-on. I thought to my self well levitating is out of the option there has to be a way to defeat him, I know I can’t beat him in close combat although I might be able to perform some sneak attack so that I can disable him.Just then he came up and grabbed me and proceeded to fling me towards the stands. But as I hit the force field around the stands I saw a toa of plant life and I noticed the toa was staring at the symbol on my shoulder armor. As I hit the ground I heard Blelp start charging at me. But he never reached me due to the fact that that toa of plant life was blocking him. I then heard the toa say,“Heads towards the vehicle! Now!”I did as told and took the pilot out of the command seat and flung him out the window. I revved the vehicle to life and headed for the toa. As the toa leapt into the storage area I got the vehicle going as fast as possible and rammed into Blelp sending him crashing into the side of the arena leaving a hole the size of a kane-ra.I then piloted the vehicle out of the arena. As we exited the arena the toa of plant life hopped into the passenger seat and told me to head towards the mountains in the distance where is home was located. As we traveled he revealed to me that he was Granato and that he knew Laviki and recognized the symbol on my armor.“Ya when I met Toa Laviki he told me he belonged to some organization called The Lightened Shadows and that symbol is the emblem of the organization. Although I have searched far and wide for the organization, but I never found them so I gave up.” Granato said with a bit of annoyance.As we rode to his home I kept thinking to myself, I bet that this “Lightened Shadows” have something to do with my coming into this dimension. It was almost night by the time we got to his home hidden in a large group of trees. He had told me he covered his home with plants using his power and making his home blend in with the trees. As we arrived Granato and I hopped out of the vehicle and walked toward the back of the vehicle. As we reached the back we heard zakano shouting, “You stupid fools, you rescue me yet you forget I’m back here. And if that is not bad enough it smells of rotting visorak and you can only take so much of that. Let me out now!” Along with Zakano Rambling we heard angry hissing from Vanuka.We opened the hatch and stepped far away. But even that didn’t help as soon as Zakano exited the craft he jumped on Vanuka’s back and walked over to us very calm like but in a mere second he hit Granato and I in the head with his scythe.“Never forget me again! Understand?”We cowered “Yes Zakano.”Granato walked us to his hut and told us to come in. The walls were covered with notes and the insignia on my shoulder. He told Zakano and I to head to the cluster of trees behind his hut, and that he would be there in a second. So Zakano/Vanuka and I walked marveling at the myriad of plants that were around his hut. As we got close to the cluster we noticed there was what appeared to be metallic machine parts sticking out of the trees. As soon as we saw those parts Granato came up to us and raised his hand in the air and as he did the vines and branches of the trees separated to reveal what appeared to be a small 5 person airship made of metallic protodermis.“ This is my pride and joy. I constructed this beauty from different objects I won in those gladiator battles. “Granato said with great pride.“ You fought in those battles?” I said with awe and amazement“Yes. I’m undefeated.”“ Well no duh if you weren’t you would be dead.” Zakano said with a hint of sarcasm“But back to the issue at hand I was contacted by Toa Laviki 100 years ago to create this craft. He told me that I would need this one day to escape my death and along with that he gave me a dagger made out of stone and said it would power this craft but that it would also be important to the lives of others.”“ So you had to kill your opponents to win?” I asked as it worried me“Well yes but I secretly threw this powder on them that I bought from a traveling merchant that bought it from a makuta. The powder slowed the life processes so that they appeared dead and then I when the powder wore off I helped them escape.”“Okay. You had me worried for a second.”But before we could finish we heard cries of rage and the snapping of a fire. We turned to see a group Steltians heading towards us and they had already burnt Granato’s hut. We all entered Granato’s air craft and it started to rise but the Steltians had Cordak blasters and had hit a tree, which in turn hit our craft. I opened the side hatch on the craft. I conjured a fierce blizzard, which blew chunks of ice into the group the size of boulders. I shut the hatch and told Granato to get the heck out of here. By the time we hit the ocean the blizzard had subsided and we were flying to our next destination what ever that may be.

End Of Chapter 7

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Chapter 8:

“So does any one know where we should head next?” Granato asked when we were only an hour away from SteltZakano started to look at a map that was mounted on the wall of the craft and pointed to an island to the south of odina. He then started to speak.“Maybe we should head towards the island of Nynrah; I had a friend who was an Onu-matoran that worked as a messenger for the local Nynrah ghosts. If we’re lucky he may still live on that island.”“That sounds like a good idea since that is the only idea we have come up with.” I then walked over to the passenger window and looked at the vast ocean “ Is there any notable landmarks we could use to verify our location?”“According to this map there should be a 50 foot tall jagged tower like rock formation coming out of the ocean. If we find the tower we should travel for roughly 3 hours traveling north east from the tower.”Granato looked over at me with a some what annoyed expression “So if I understand I’m looking for a jagged rock tower, correct?”“In simple terms yes.”“Could you or zakano take the controls in about two hours because I don’t know how long I will last after that?”“Sure I don’t mind”Suddenly there was a loud deep hissing sound reverberating off the air craft’s walls. We all turned to Vanuka and saw him looking out a small window towards the back of the ship. He was staring intently at a large hawk rahi that appeared to be studying our craft with cold dark red eyes.Then, like clockwork, it dove towards the huge churning waves, but it leveled out just before hitting the water. I couldn't help but feel like it was covered by an unnatural evil, yet seemed to feel comfortable and loyal to the evil. As we turned our backs from the window a small portal opened and the hawk flew straight at the portal and through it.

I spoke what I was feeling, “I can’t help but feel as if we will be seeing that rahi again in our travels”“could not agree more” Zakano said as he was calming Vanuka down.]It wasn’t until an hour later that we found that rock tower. When you looked at it the first time all you can feel is a horrible sense of dread and despair as it seemed the tower would suddenly grab you with its spiky roof. Just as Granato was heading over it the rock suddenly came to life and grabbed our little vulnerable airship and dragged us to the roof. Just as the ship hit the roof it disintegrated and left the three of us standing on the roof. We all stood there shocked when suddenly a huge hole opened in the roof revealing a long winding black staircase.“Does any one else think that this is just a bit weird?” Granato said with obvious worry on his face“I must agree with you Granato but I don’t think we have a choice but to go in.” I remarked to Granato’s statement“Well we might as well start as it seems to be a long trip down.” Zakano spoke as he already took his first step with Vanuka.After we all entered the spot where we had entered closed and left us in near darkness with sparse lightstones lining the bottom of the staircase. It took us what seemed for hours till we got to what we believed to be the bottom of the staircase. When we stepped off of the last step there was a huge flash and when the flash subsided we were standing in a huge brightly lit room with carvings of odd unknown symbols. As we entered the center of the room a loud and deep voice sounded saying:“You all have been brought here for a reason.”“Ya. So what is this reason you speak of?” I said with the most threatening voice I could conjure up“Ah Voxumo so it is you the one I have been most interested in meeting.” The voice sounded like it was actually excited that I was here“How do you know my name?”“Well I’m the one who brought you here along with a few of my associates.”“Can we meet you?”“You can meet us if you can find the remains of our bodies.”“Wha... What do you mean your bodies?”“Well we set this plan in motion at the beginning of this universe.”“Why?”“Well we had an associate of ours who we banished that wished to get payback and another group of beings which I believe you call the great beings.”We stood there in disbelief having a hard time believing anybody would oppose the Great Beings.“Our associate which goes by the name Omawirt planned on sabotaging this creation and thus we stopped him but before we were able to destroy the creation he made he escaped our custody and went to set his plan in motion yet again. We followed him into this world and were able to get six natives to help us cast him in a prison of crystal. Just as they finished the prison he fired one last blast that killed all my allies. I was left along with three of the Toa that created the prison. We knew it was then our duty to keep any one from releasing him. To prevent this we set several events in place I sacrificed my body to create a portal that would eventually bring you into this universe and constructed this building to one day inform you of your true mission. If you have been transported to this universe then someone has begun the process of releasing Omawirt from his prison and if Omawirt is released you can be sure that he will continue where he left off and it will not end well for anyone.”“What must we do?”“You already know Laviki told you and he is who I trusted most with teaching and preparing you for you duty. Now that I have told you everything I can die in peace knowing that you will stop whoever is going to release him. One last bit of information that will help you is that when I left him he was still in his prison. I left laviki with the task of hiding him somewhere no one would know. I also regret to say this but the only way you can get out of this building is to find a toa by the name of Yarsata that I set in stasis who will join your team; she is in the lowest part of this building. I now have to leave you for my time is up.” And with that last sentence we heard what sounded like a loud sigh and felt a sudden sense of relief.“Now we know it was our destiny to meet and that we are destined to help our world. If any of you do not want to continue I understand and as soon as we get out you may leave.” I said with a bit of unknown hope.“I think I speak for Granato and Vanuka when I say we are in this to the end.”“I totally agree since now I’m wanted dead by Stelt and probably every where else.’“Well I guess that says it all. Now lets find that toa and continue our mission!’

End Of Chapter 8

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 4 weeks later...

This is a stop motion video i made for The Switch Mirror

If The Switch Mirror was a tv show this would be the opening theme

I plan on writing chapter nine soon

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

CHAPTER 9

Stairs“Voxumo what do you think of this whole destiny thing?”“Well Granato I can say there is definitely some power at work or else I would not be here.”“I know that but why us we are all like outcast or were in hiding?”“You have a good point but I don’t think we will ever know the truth.”“Hey you two stop chit chatting back there,” zakano yelled with frustration “I want to get out of here as soon as possible this place gives me the creeps.”No sooner than he spoke those words did we see light. We sped up our pace. The light had a weird purple glow almost like the light had a welcoming vibe to it. When we finally made it to the light we found ourselves in a room with no other exit, in fact there was nothing in this room except some light stones and the wall.“I knew that voice was lying and yet we fell for it.” Granato said with uncontained danger.“Calm down Granato there is no reason to act a fool.” Zakano tried to speak with a calming tone“Oh shut Turaga, your mind must be deteriorating with your age if you can’t see the trap we are in.”Just then Zakano jumped from vanuka’s back and ran over to Granato with obvious fury“You know what you selfish stone rat you’re no better than me and I have fought more fights in my lifetime than you will ever experience.”“Ha like I’m supposed to believe that kane-ra scat. I only joined this team as a favor for Laviki.”I had to stop this fight before it got out of hand “Granato do you really think Laviki would accept defeat?”“Well no.” He said with a look that said I understand.”He then walked over to zakano and when to give him a hand shake when the whole room lit up like a sun had been placed in here. When I was able to open my eyes I saw that we were in a different room all together. I start to ask Zakano a question when I notice that Vanuka was here but no Zakano and Granato was missing tooIn another roomGranato stood up from the ground to see that he was in a different room and that Voxumo and Vanuka were missing but zakano was here with him.“Ugh what happened? Where are we?” Zakano asked in a state of shock“Well I’m not sure Zakano I remember a bright flash that shoved me to the ground then when I could see again I noticed we were here.” Confusion in his voice.Then out of nowhere a loud and deep voice spoke to both groups at the same time.“I’m glad that you all made it but now you must pass a test each to get to the room holding yarsata. Once both groups have finished their required test then and only then will you enter Yarsata chamber. If one team fails the both teams fail. The test will start as soon as the first step in taken.”The voice faded while neither team knew the other team heard the same thing.(Side not duo 1 refers to Voxumo and Vanuka while Duo 2 refers to Granato and Zakano” Duo 1 test 1I noticed that the room was in a round shape and that in the center of the room was a circle and there was another circle around the first and so forth till there were about 8 circles. When I looked at that center circle I noticed a pillar on it with what looked like a purple crystal and I guessed that is most likely the objective: to reach the purple crystal considering that was the only thing in the room. I knew that the hardest part of this test would not be reaching the crystal but trying to get Vanuka to understand what I tell him.So I walked over to Vanuka who was having a minor panic attack due to Zakano missing and laid my hand on his shoulder blade a little trick zakano taught me in case of emergencies, he said it would calm him down. I started rubbing his shoulder and he visibly calmed down.I then tried to figure out how I could communicate with him when I remembered zakano. I then remembered that during our trip so far Zakano and I have been trying to teach Vanuka hand signals since not many people speak frost walker. I got Vanuka to look at me and I explained about the test. I also mentioned that he would not see Zakano if he did not complete the test. I then asked if he understands me and he said he did. I then signaled for him to stay where he was while I take a closer look at the circles. While observing I noticed they appeared to be separated due to a small black crack between each layer. I signaled to Vanuka to come to be me and once he was there I told him I was gonna use my ice powers to create a bridge to the middle. I stood there for like a minute in shock that once again my powers had been nulled, even my kanohi and kanoka disks." Oh for love of mata-nui i'm sick and tired of people screwing with my powers. It's like someone is going and who will we mess with today oh heck lets mess with Voxumo. Fate has a sick and twisted sense of humor."I thought to myself this happens far to oftenVanuka looked up at me with a really confused look so i bent down and said it was alright just a little stress.After revealing that to him and for some odd reason his wings were not working either. I decided that I would be the first on toe step on the circle. Suddenly the room was filled with a noise that sounded like a hive of angry nui-rama and metal be sharpened. Then the floor started to shake. I decided to get off the circle and that was a good thing since right at that moment saw blades came out of the first circle and the 3rd and 5th ones. I tried to think how I could get past them when Vanuka started chirping. I looked at him and he led me to a chain that had not been there before.As much as I hated it I think that I’ll have to swing across using the chain. I tell Vanuka to stay put and he listens. I grab ahold of the chain and walk it as far back as possible. I then get a running start. As I swing I feel as though my gravity lessens. I let go when I’m over the 4th circle and rely on my momentum to carry me over the last sets of saws. I land on the center circle although the saw nicked me on my landing. I put my hand over the purple stone and as my hand lays there the saw blades recede back into the circle. I then signal to Vanuka to tell him that it is safe to walk.Although as he took his first step the gear sound returned and instead of saw blades coming out of the circles, each circle started turning at high speeds. Although circles numbers 1, 3, and 5 rotate counter clock wise while circles 2 and 4 rotate clockwise. And to add to the fire circles 2 and 4 have spears that randomly come out of the circle. Seeing uncertainty in his features I reminded that he has to be strong because Zakano is depending on him. After the pep talk I motion to him to step on to the first spinning circles and that when he is ready to run at full speed toward the center as there is only on moment where the spears recede and offers a safe transport. He then closes eyes to most likely calm him and as soon as he opens his eyes he run full speed to the center and succeeds with no scratches. He then puts his hand on the purple crystal.Immediately after he places his hand on the crystal the bright light like the one in the first room and they feel as though they are consumed by the light.

CHAPTER 9 END

Chapter nine is going to be broken down into 4 more chapters each

Chapter 9.2 will be about Granato and Zakano's first test

chapter 10 will be about them finding Yarsata but with a unique twist

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 3 months later...
Chapter 9.2

Granato stood staring at the room he and Zakano were stuck in. As he surveyed it he noticed there were three mirrors in the room one on each wall. There were also two devices tucked into cubbies in the back wall.

“So Zakano what do you think we are meant to do?”

“Well we know that this is supposed to be a test of some sort and I’m pretty sure that those mirrors and devices have something to do with it.” Zakano said slowly

“Well that would seem to be a good guess but the real question is how do they work together?”

“I don’t know if you noticed Granato but there is also a large purple stone at the top of the room and two lightstones next to it.”

“Well I guess we should head that way and investigate them maybe they’re there for a purpose.”

Zakano and Granato walked over towards the top of the room. Interestingly this room was shaped like an almost perfect triangle except for the cubby holes. As they reached the light stone area Granato put out his hand and grabbed one of the light stones. As soon as he took the lightstone out of the niche in the wall a loud bang echoed throughout the room. They both looked towards the back of the room and found that the devices in the back were now behind what appeared to be two identical large statues that took up almost the whole wall of the cubbies.

They were soon walking towards one of the statues with one of the light stones in granato’s hand. As they approached the statue it spoke to them in a deep reverberating voice that seemed to come from both statues saying,

“To any who wish to light the beacon they must first pass the guards.”

Zakano turned to Granato and said “I think the lightstones are meant as a light source for the devices which I assume are the Beacons.” “Well that makes sense to me,” Granato said “But how are we supposed to get past the statues? There is no space not taken up by them.”

“Oh but your forgetting Granato that everything has a weak spot and I believe I know its weak point.” Zakano said as he pointed to a gap between the statues legs which he could just barely fit into.

“But I don’t think that thing is just going to let you crawl through its legs.”

“But I think we might need a slight distraction. Do you still have your blades on you Granato?”

“Yes. But how will those help?”

“Oh you’ll see.”

As zakano walked up to the statue he stood there and took out his Scythe and as he suspected the statue would react to weapons. He was thrown against the wall by one of the statues arms. He then signaled for Granato to pull out his blades and made motions towards the statue. As he did so the statue turned towards Granato. Zakano quickly ran to Granato and told him to throw one of his blades directly at the statues head and simultaneously grab zakano by the leg and through him across the floor towards the statues legs.

In the moment of truth Zakano made it through the Statues legs since the statue was busy stopping the blade that came hurtling towards it. As zakano gained his footing Granato once again threw his other blade towards the statues legs. Once again the Statue blocked the blade but left a small opening above its left shoulder, an opening just big enough for Granato throw the lightstone to Zakano who in turn caught the stone and placed the stone in a crevice in the center of the device. As soon as the device activated the statue vanished leaving their weapons where it once stood.

“Why Zakano I can’t believe that actually worked I thought for sure you would be crushed by the statue.” Granato said with bewilderment in his voice

“It’s like I said everything has a weak point. And you learn that after having so many battles in your life.”

Now filled with a new found pride they used the same technique on the other statue and succeeded in activation the other device as well. Once both devices were activated a piece of crystal formed on the end of the device which concentrated the lightstones light into a beam but just before the beam would have it the mirror diagonal to it another statue came out of now where and blocked the beam.

“Now that the beacon has been lit knowledge is required to see the beams true purpose. Each of you will have to answer a riddle to allow the beam to pass. These riddles must be answered by a single individual with no help from there ally.”

“You have got to be kidding me first statues that could hit us now statues that test our knowledge. After this is all done I’m going to have to talk to the po-matoran that carved these infernal statues and give him a piece of my mind!” Granato said with a humorous tone.

They looked at each other and finally Granato Asked the big question: Who is going to answer their riddle first?

Zakano looked at Granato and said he would go first.

As Zakano approached the statue which looked like a large stone shield a voice beamed from the statue saying

“Ah the Turaga is first fine then let the riddle begin.” After a second the Statue said “

“Alright give me your best shot you statue!”

“I am seen in a rock but also seen in air. I may have horns but there never used. What am I?”

Hmmm I don’t know how something could be in and out of a rock. Knowing it has horns tells me it is a rahi, but having horns and never using them would indicate it naturally flees an encounter. But what rahi could fade in and out of a rock. Wait I know exactly what it is.”

Zakano “Is it a fader bull?”

Just as Zakano finished his question the statue disappeared allowing the light beam to hit the mirror then the gem at the end of the room.

Just then the other Statue started talking to Granato

“It appears now it is your turn Toa.”

“Fine let’s just get this done and over with.” Granato said in an impatient tone

“What causes some to tempt fate and others to find their fate? Only the destined can harness its power. It is feared by most and sought by few. I have the fluidity of water but can hit you like a boulder. What is it?”

Well whatever it is it must be able to affect destiny. It also sounds as if it is a dangerous substance since most fear it. The part about fluidity means that it can be found in a fluid form. Think Granato, Think. Wait I think I know I encounter something similar to what is sounds like so I’m going to go with it.

“Have you decided yet toa?”

“Yes I have and is it energized protodermis?”

Just as Zakano’s statue had done Granato’s did the same. Allowing the second light to hit the crystal. Just as the light hit the crystal a huge blinding light appeared. When the light subsided Granato and Zakano were in a half circle room. Just then I saw the two and immediately yelled to them, “So miss us? I know Vanoka missed you Zakano.”

Vanoka flew over to Zakano and landed right in front of him. Vanoka then started nudging Zakanos shoulder. Understanding Vanoka’s nudging Zakano jumped into the hollow of Vanoka’s back and felt the power Vanoka provides him with flow through his body and increased his elemental powers.

After a 10 minute conversation where we talked about the different tests we had to do.

After that a loud booming female voice erupted from all around the room

“Hello Voxumo, Granato, Zakano and that rahi,” Vanoka made a low hiss, “I knew you four would make it down here. Sadly now I have to kill you for it is my duty to this place.”

“You and what army?” Granato said with steel in his voice

“Oh and for future info my name is Yarsata. Oh don’t worry you’ll see soon enough”

Immediately after the voice said that we saw what appeared to be easily 10 shadows that resembled a toa form but with no identifying feature not even a mask all black. And leading them is a Toa of Psionics. She was wearing what appeared to be a mask of healing and carrying a large gold and blue scythe like weapon. For some odd reason I could see a glint in her eye. And with that glint I realized that she had no control over her powers and body but was being used as a type of puppet for a final test.

I stood there frozen to the spot until Yarsata spoke

“And now the fun begins!”

End of Chapter 9.2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 1 year later...

Chapter 10

All karzahni has broken out around me. Somehow Everyone was fighting thin air, Yet here I was just standing awkwardly. Apparently Her illusion powers had not effect on me.

I took this chance to move towards the wall trying to find some form of a handle since all the walls had no obvious sign of exit.

Ta-da, I could feel my hand gripping a seemingly invisible lever. As I heard a slight whizzing sound I was amazed to see a symbol illuminate on the wall. As it illuminated the wall slowly began to rise up till one could see a Toa of psionics strapped to a large metallic table. It almost seemed like she was put here to restrain her.

As I walked up to her I took a few hesitant steps while observing her. It was obvious she was awake. I quickly summoned a ice blade while using it to snap the shackles over her wrists apart. Upon breaking the shackles a large flash of light appeared in the room. As soon as I could see I noticed no one was fighting anything at the moment.

“We must get going.” He faint female voice called out

With that I tried lifting her up only to discover she was incredibly light.

A loud thumping sound could be heard filling the room. Then out of nowhere a staircase emerged from the wall. I could see light at the top of the stairs. I then turned my head to look at granato and Zakano.

“Come let us get out of here.”

As I proceeded to ascend the stairs I noticed that Yarsata seemed to be constantly looking back. As my foot hit the roof, the tower began to shake. I shot granato a look while saying in a gruff tone

“ Prepare the airship granato. I do not know how long this tower will hold.”

I watched as granato and Zakano rushed into the airship. I then proceeded to approach the airship and softly layed yarsata on the ground.

As I walked to sit in the copilot seat I looked over at the scene. We had just gotten off the ground when the tower suddenly crumbled. Now only the ocean would ever know it existed.

With a sigh of relief I looked over at granato as he maneuvered the airship swiftly I walked over to the large map that was hanging on the wall of the airship I made a rough outline of our best course.

Well I guess Nynrah it is.

End Chapter 10

Yay i am so sorry for such the long delay but i plan on restarting this soon though

Edited by Vox The Shadow of Reality

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu