Hero Factory or Slizer/RoboRiders?

Master Inika

They both had upsides and downsides.

I loved Slizers figures for the use of now-rare element colors, the multitude of gear functions, and the outlandish designs of their characters.

I love the Hero Factory sets for the versatility of the components, something that the rather restricted Slizer bodies and other gimmick-pieces just don't have*, and the poseable skeletons introduced with 2.0.

As for the stories, Hero Factory actually has one, albeit one that does not interest me in the slightest, whereas Slizers had a disappointingly small amount of Story, though I liked the esoteric and vague feel of the little tidbits given in the Slizer construction manuals. Neither one influences my opinions on the sets to the degree it did with BIONICLE, so it matters little.

*This is why HF 3.0 was a horrible disappointment to me. It combined a lack of gimmicks with an array of new pieces which were quite difficult to use outside of their original purpose; the only reason I had to buy those sets was for recolors of pieces introduced in 2.0, like gold snap-on armor. At least I was able to use Rocka's lion head as a pauldron on a Rocka revamp I made. I need to upload that sometime.

Edited by Bominominomu Nemo

Do you believe in magic?

*This is why HF 3.0 was a horrible disappointment to me. It combined a lack of gimmicks with an array of new pieces which were quite difficult to use outside of their original purpose; the only reason I had to buy those sets was for recolors of pieces introduced in 2.0, like gold snap-on armor. At least I was able to use Rocka's lion head as a pauldron on a Rocka revamp I made. I need to upload that sometime.

Actually, I think the Savage Planet pieces have a lot of uses. Many of my MOCs simply wouldn't be the same without them: these three MOCs all use the three-fingered Savage Planet paw as armor, as does these three MOCs, and these two use the four-fingered variety as armor. The tiny shell detail with a single handle is an essential part of too many of my MOCs to mention. My Brain Attack MOC Koboldon used all three pieces in both forms. That's not even addressing the 5x3x3 connector piece from Waspix, which, like the 3x3x1 connector piece from Drilldozer, is a part no Hero Factory MOCist should be without.Some sets also depend heavily on parts introduced in the Savage Planet series, including one of my favorite Breakout-series sets, Thornraxx.It's true some of the spike/claw pieces from Savage Planet are a bit more specialized, as are a lot of the helmets. But this is true of a lot of weapons and helmets in general. They are designed to perform a particular function and perform it well. Armor and skeleton pieces are designed to be a lot more versatile, especially in Hero Factory where they can be used practically anywhere on a model.

Actually, I think the Savage Planet pieces have a lot of uses. Many of my MOCs simply wouldn't be the same without them: these three MOCs all use the three-fingered Savage Planet paw as armor, as does these three MOCs, and these two use the four-fingered variety as armor. The tiny shell detail with a single handle is an essential part of too many of my MOCs to mention. My Brain Attack MOC Koboldon used all three pieces in both forms. That's not even addressing the 5x3x3 connector piece from Waspix, which, like the 3x3x1 connector piece from Drilldozer, is a part no Hero Factory MOCist should be without.Some sets also depend heavily on parts introduced in the Savage Planet series, including one of my favorite Breakout-series sets, Thornraxx.It's true some of the spike/claw pieces from Savage Planet are a bit more specialized, as are a lot of the helmets. But this is true of a lot of weapons and helmets in general. They are designed to perform a particular function and perform it well. Armor and skeleton pieces are designed to be a lot more versatile, especially in Hero Factory where they can be used practically anywhere on a model.

You make a good point; I ought to narrow that statement down to the more beast-themed elements of the sets, which are what my gripes are about.

Do you believe in magic?