janus00.jpgHe is ready to dance the night away.I'm having some fun just building MOCs based off of the BZP peeps I've made over the years. It was kind of just a quick goof thing at first (Smeag, B6), but then I built a MOC for Tufi (I'll get photos eventually), and now here's a Janus. I've got three others in various states of mid-build. None of these are super "serious" MOCs, more just fun case studies in the usual humanoid builds. This one (Janus) was meant to kind of represent the whole "2003/4" style of humanoid build popular in our community (and also because lol I think that's the last time Rob built something), but updated with modern sensibilities and techniques- not to mention part selection. I also wanted to see how far into the action figure "look" I could achieve, which basically makes it the exact opposite of the aesthetic spectrum when it comes to parts use that I built Sarge and even Catwoman on. I keep looking at this one on the shelf and thinking it reminds me of some weird Gundam/Digimon/CartoonNetwork show toy. Which I guess means mission accomplished?I played around with some staff designs or a big axe, but in the end I couldn't find anything but the stowed-swords-as-armoured-"wings" look I liked for the MOC.Probably not entirely apparent in the photos, but this MOC has a different shoulder connection than I've used before, and it allows for the MOC to do things such as shrug his shoulders. Which is neat, I suppose.Knees bend, but the studio backdrop was refusing to sit level and I got tired of trying to get a photo of him at midnight on that not-level surface without the photo looking bad so whatever. You get a back shot. Be happy with what you get! Angle of the photos tends to squat him down a bit, he's actually pretty lanky. I tried to take photos from a lower angle to make him look a but more devious, but it only made him look fat. C'est la vie.Feet are supposed to be cloven hooves, sometimes I look over and think they look awesome, other times I hate them. They will not be changed, because seriously, me update a MOC after posting it? Not likely. But per the usual, ideas and suggestions get worked into future things.janus04.jpg_thumb.jpg | janus05.jpg_thumb.jpg | janus06.jpg_thumb.jpg | janus02.jpg_thumb.jpg | janus01.jpg_thumb.jpg

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is me. I am immortalized in LEGO form, this is a thing a beauty and joy and glory. I love this thing (and the green version is pretty also!)

Also while I don't usually visualize myself with a Miru, I have to say that this actually pulls it off. Plus my sword wings are awesome and beautiful and lovely.

Pat you are a lovely human being and I am terrible at responding and thing.

I LOVE YOU AND I'M SORRY.

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

• 2 weeks later...

Great color and proportions. Excellent legs, heck the whole thing is excellent. Criticisms ? maybe less grey but if you don'y have the yellow or blue you need, no problem :)

Holy wow BFS you're still alive and kicking? The gunmetal is purposeful, however. (Also hi I used to be Darth Vader remember me?)

And Rob you are a BUTT but I'm glad you like the Miru. I'm trying not to give everyone kakamas, but everyone loves kakamas. What can you do.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg