Set Review: Stormer and Rocka Machine Combiner

Combo

After two exciting reviews of Stormer's and Rocka's battle machines, they have come together to fight the monsters together! Using their brains and brawn, they combine their machines into one towering creation. Reporter ChocolateFrogs here to share a video review of combined model to see just how well it will fare against the raging Hero Factory kaiju! Read, and watch, on for more.

View the full article

Good review. I think this mech is kind of cool (I like the non-humanoid proportions), but the color scheme bothers me. I know it's just three main colors and a few unobtrusive accent colors, but the extremely heavy dark/light contrast with very little middle-ground just doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as the vibrant colors of the 44015 Evo Walker/44018 Furno Jet Machine combi model.

Perhaps it looks better in real life than it does in photos, though. The photos in the two reviews I've seen (here and on Eurobricks) have opposite problems: the white sections almost disappear into the backdrop in the Eurobricks review, and here the Titanium Metallic bits all flow together into a dark, blackish puddle that makes it hard to distinguish any shapes or details.

One thing I definitely like is that the design is very well-balanced. The plasma gun in one hand and laser claw in the other really works, and it helps that they use pretty much the same colors as the rest of the mech. The beefy shoulders and wide hips also work very well together, resulting in a model that has the same sturdy-looking stance as the original Toa Pohatu.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time