• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

How Many Solid Gold Haus Actually Exist?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Stan McStudz

Stan McStudz
  • Members
  • Toa

• 160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 12:02 PM

I've been hearing contradicting information on how many SGHs were actually made. I've heard from somewhere that 30 have been made, but other sources say that only five are around.

I tried googling this, but to no avail. Could someone clear this confusion up for me?

Be sure to check out Of Morons, Kanohi and a Doctor, written by myself and ~The 1st Shadow~.

#2 Offline Pereki

Pereki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 871 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 12:33 PM

It's about 30 - unfortunately I can't cite a source on that (because I wouldn't know where to look for one, heh), but I'm quite sure.

There's the Quest for the Gold Masks sweepstakes that gave out two I think, plus the website design contest, and the Ignika design contest that tied in to BIONICLE Heroes in 2006. Those are the only ones given out in contests that I'm recalling, but a certain number were also given away as random, surprise door prizes at an event in New York,  which would definitely bring the number above five. Others doubtless have been given out through other means, and the LEGO Group has probably held on to some.

EDIT: Cartoon Network also gave one out in 2002. That would bring the contest-distributed total to 5, as Mask collector said below.

Edited by Tazakk, Feb 21 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#3 Offline Mask collector

Mask collector
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,265 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'm the owner of 1 of them, and I know that there was 5 released to the public, I believe the total amount made was 32. They were given away to lego employees, but for having 27 in the lego group, you would think more would have sold on ebay or similar sites between now and then.

Mc

#4 Offline PyroLizard Prime

PyroLizard Prime
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 232 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 05:34 PM

Bzpower should do the same type of thing lego did with Mr. Gold, having the owners of the SGHs register their's on Bzp, so we can see how many are on the market. 

"I am proud... to have called you brother... Vakama..."- Toa lhikan, the best character ever created by LEGO...

"Toa... So dramatic"- Nidhiki, another one if the best characters ever created by LEGO...

Remember them...

enax_the_epic_big.pngENAX WILL HAVE YOUR SOUL... Or your mask... Or maybe both...     :tohu: 

Sprite credits go to Katuko and Strack. Great job, guys!  :D

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users