Tracking a Sand Tarakava

uname-r

Only five prototypes were released to private collectors, to my understanding. Does anyone know anyone who actually has one, or is anyone on here one of the ones who bought one of the five. Basically what I'm curious about is the following: "Has anyone who has one taken a few of the pieces off, then put them back on, just examining how they were built?" I have closely examined the original photos,  as well as those of another guy who has done the same, and I am 99% confident that I rebuilt the Sand Tarakava 100%, but there are always those pieces you can't see. Below is a link to my MediaFire where you can downloade a ".zip" file containing the instructions and the original ".lxf" file. If you use the instructions or the file as a basis, or do some sort of review based off of the file, please cite me.

P.S. Some of the more obvious things, due to the limitations of the LDD, I had to change.

P.P.S. The Tarakava to the far left is the original, the other two are slight mocs to match the Blue and Teal Tarakava.

MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u06cfez9o9fgalr/Sand_Tarakava_LDD.zip

I have made a modified version of the Sand Tarakava with a drop down jaw now. This requires a slight modification of the head the download link for this version is below this paragraph, but this does not replace the above link, this is separate. The Blue pieces are the new pieces, and the red pieces are for two rubber bands.

Link for the modification: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y2iw9nh3q1duvzs/Sand_Tarakava_Jaw_Drop.lxf

Edited by MrRichBOB
  • Upvote 1

The M.R.B.

There was another topic about the Sand Tarakava recently, this is what I posted:

Here's what Mark on the other BIONICLE fan site had to say about his Sand Tarakava. He is the only one confirmed to have owned one.

First, here is some additional information about the Sand Tarakava. The Sand Tarakava in my possession is a prototype model, not a MOC. I did not build it. It will not be produced as a set, except in that the retail TARAKAVA were derived from it.

I am not at liberty to discuss where or how I found the Sand Tarakava, other than to say it was through sheer luck while looking for a BIONICLE™ Mini-CD. No one from The LEGO® Group sent it to me.

If you want to make your own Sand Tarakava, you can probably find all of the parts you need on BrickLink and in a retail TARAKAVA set. All except for the Prototype Yellow RURU, of course. For that you will need a RURU and some yellow paint. I may create a duplicate myself someday, and if I do, then I will post an article about it here on MoD.

After doing more research on treads, I am beginning to believe that my Sand Tarakava's tread is also a prototype. It is the same design as the treads on MUAKA and KANE RA, but it is the same size as the treads on the TARAKAVA and MANAS (which are much thinner). I have been unable to find a retail set with such a tread.

Mark is on YouTube, MarkOfMoD. If you're lucky you may be able to contact him there. I don't know of any other ways you might be able to.

In any case, thank you very much for the instructions. I would like to build my own Sand Tarakava at some point and this will, quite obviously, make that considerably easier.

EDIT: Their seems to be some sort of an issue with the instructions, at least on my end. Would it be possible for you to upload the original LXF file instead?

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend