Art of the Brick Exhibit Comes to Philly

Nathan Sawaya, one of 12 LEGO Certified Professionals in the world, has opened his Art of the Brick exhibit in Philadelphia, PA, at The Franklin Institute. Over 100 statues, sculptures, and other works of art will be on display until September 6. Just which pieces of art shown is unclear, as he also has the exhibit running in London, England, until April. The display does boast a 20-foot-long Tyrannosaurus Rex made with over 80,000 LEGO bricks and a Liberty Bell built for this exhibit. Details can be found on The Franklin Institute's webpage for the show and a Philly tourism blog. The chance to see an LCP exhibit in person is not one to be missed, and is surely worth it even if a drive makes visiting a day trip.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

I've been to an exhibit by Adam Reed Tucker, a LCP who specializes in skyscrapers and other architectural feats. It was really cool to see the LEGO hobby and medium put to use in so many cool ways!

Nathan Sawaya is my favorite LCP (maybe because he was the first I saw works for, though I'm astounded by every LCP and their creations), so I can't wait to see this. Philly isn't too far from me (far enough, but close enough too), so I will definitely have to make a day trip out of this to see his stuff! I just wish I knew if/when he would actually be there with his art.

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg