Similarities in Bionicle G2

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) Recently, I have been studying Bionicle G2. I noticed a lot of things in there that remind me of something else. I know that G2 reminds us of G1, but there are other similarities in my mind. It's not just CCBS, like Hero Factory, but there are others. Here's a list of things that I compared:

G1:

1. Most of the Toa's personalities are the same as G1.

2. How the Toa arrived in the island in G2 is very much like in G1, but the Toa crashed landed on the island rather than the ocean.

3. The Protectors and the villagers are like the Turaga and Matoran because they are short and can fight. How the Protectors lead their people reminds me of the Turaga. The people also remind me of Agori because they can reproduce and have parents and kids.

4. Okoto looks sort of like the island of Mata Nui.

5. Master Tahu's mask looks kind of like Tahu Mata's in 2001.

6. Tahu's giant swords are a mix of Lhikan's and 2002 Tahu Nuva's swords.

7. Tahu's armor reminds me of G1 Tahu's Golden Armor in 2010.

8. Master Gali's mask looks like a mix of 2002 Gali Nuva's mask and Takadox's face.

9. Master Lewa's weapons are a mix of Lewa Mata's axe and 2002 Lewa Nuva's swords.

10. Master Kopaka's mask looks very much like Kopaka Mata's.

11. His shield/skis are like Kopaka Mata's and 2002 Kopaka Nuva's shields and ski.

12. Master Pohatu's mask looks a little like Pohatu Mata's mask.

13. Master Onua's mask looks sort of like Onua Mata's mask.

14. Onua's shovels remind me of Onua Mata's claws.

15. Onua's silver shoulder armor reminds me of 2002 Onua Nuva's.

16. Ekimu and his Mask of Creation remind me of Artakha.

17. How Ekimu has a brother named Makuta and was put into endless sleep remind me of the Great Spirit Mata Nui.

18. Makuta reminds me of Makuta Teridax from G1 because he's Makuta, he is jealous of his brother and turned evil, and his armor turned red and black when wearing the Mask of Ultimate Power.

19. The Toa's quest for the Golden Masks of Powers is pretty much like the G1 Toa's quests for the Kanohi masks and getting the Golden Knaohi masks before doing a final showdown with Makuta's minions.

20. The Mask Makers remind me of the Mask Makers in G1.

21. The Skull Spiders remind me of the Visorak because they're evil spiders that threaten people.

22. The Golden Mask of Skull Spiders reminds me of the Heart of the Visorak from G1 because it can command the spiders.

23. Skull Slicer reminds me of Nocturn because he is a lieutenant with a green color, four arms and has at least two swords.

24. The Arena in the City of the Mask Makers reminds me of the Coliseum in the Legends of Metru Nui movie.

25. When Kopaka called Lewa "the Master of Air", reminds me of G1 Lewa, who is the Toa of Air.

26. The online episode's title "Beware the stringer tails" reminds me of a Vorox's non-canon quote, "Beware my stringer tail!" from the Bionicle website in 2009.

27. Another episode's title, "Unity, Duty, Destiny", reminds me of the Three Virtues from G1.

28. How Kulta hit all six Toa after putting the Mask of Creation on his face reminds me of Brutaka because of defeating six Toa with one swing of his big multi-bladed weapons, wearing a gold mask, and being a big and bad guy.

29. The Toa Uniters are like a mix of 2002 and 2008 Toa Nuva because they wear new armor, have new weapons and Nuva symbols, and can combine with smaller beings to get more power.

30. Uxar reminds me of the Nui-Rama and Nui-Kopen from G1 because of how they look like insects with wings.

31. How Pohatu gets attacked by scorpions in the beginning of G2 reminds me of how he got attacked by a Nui-Jaja in the Mata Nui Online Game.

32. Melum's name reminds me of Malum. Both of them even have two claws on each hand.

33. How Umarak is sent by Makuta reminds me of how Makuta Teridax sends Nidhiki and Krekka in the Legends of Metru Nui movie because both involve Makuta hiring hunters and are animated.

34. Umarak's mask's powers reminds me of G1's Mask of Shadows.

35. The Mask of Control reminds me of G1's Mask of Mind Control.

Something else:

1. The reboot is like The Amazing Spider-Man movie series because it started out fresh and reused the same beginning in a different way. It was meant for a younger audience of this generation. Along the reboot, it has more humor than the original and is modernized.

2. How the 2015 line started with evil skeletons reminds me of how Ninjago started that similar way.

3. The animation in the 2015 Online Animations look like a mix of Mucha Lucha TV show, a TV show called Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesome-ness' 2D-animated scenes, and Teen Titan Go TV show in 2013.

4. How the Toa are more detailed and modernized than their Toa Mata counterparts reminds me of the Transformers movie and recent Transformers TV shows.

5. Master Lewa's mask looks a lot like Preston Stromer's helmet from Hero Factory.

6. Master Pohatu's boomerangs remind me of the Green Goblin's or Hobgoblin's gliders from Marvel because they can fly when he is stepping on and riding them.

7. How Pohatu creates sand tornadoes reminds me of Spinjitzu from Ninjago and the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes.

8. In the 2015 Online Animations, Pohatu sounds like Batman because of his shrill and serious voice. Pohatu even uses boomerangs like Batman, too.

9. Master Onua is like a mix of Hulk and Thor from Marvel because he has a bulky body and uses a hammer respectively.

10. Onua also reminds me of CHI Gorzan constraction figure from Legends of Chima.

11. The Lord of Skull Spiders reminds me of the giant spiders in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.

12. How the Toa use "Unity" as a keyword to their triumph over evil reminds me of the Avengers using the keyword "assemble" to their triumph over evil (Both superhero teams were the main teams of heroes in the same year, 2015, too).

13. Kulta's name reminds me of the Anacondrai Cultists from Ninjago and Ultron from the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie in 2015 (Plus, Kulta and Ultron are the main robotic villains who have large robotic armies in the same year, 2015. Also, Kulta and the Cultists are in that same year.).

14. How the Skull Warriors made lousy shots on the Toa Masters reminds me of Stormtroopers from Star Wars. Lol.:P

15. The Skull Scorpio's name reminds me of Scorpio from Hero Factory.

16. Skull Basher kind of reminds me of Pyrox from Hero Factory because of his horns and the fact that he is a Minotaur.

17. In the 2015 Online Animations, Kulta's mask reminds me of Zurg from Toy Story because of how his chin is enlarged as opposed to his set form.

18. How he laughed in his character video sounds sort of like Darth Vader.

19. When he wore the Mask of Creation and hit six Toa in one swing, these remind me of Sauron in the beginning of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring movie when Sauron is an evil villains who wears a helmet with many horns and hits many warriors with one swing of his weapon.

20. The Mask of Creation looks like Vultraz's mask or Breez's helmet from Hero Factory with a crown on it.

21. The 3D animation in The Journey to One reminds me of Transformers: Robots in Disguise TV show in 2015. The 2D parts that involve water and lava reminds me of the Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra TV shows.

22. How Umarak the Hunter transformed into the monstrous Destroyer reminds me of Kraven the Hunter's transform into monsters in the Spectacular Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man TV shows where Kraven turns into a clawed monster who is bigger and tougher.

23. The Elemental Beasts' faces remind me of Aquagon from Hero Factory.

24. Quake Beast reminds me of Bruizer from Hero Factory because of his abnormally large and weird-looking spiked arm with a function in his set.

25. The Umarak combiner with him and the Elemental Beasts kind of reminds me of Doomsday from the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie or DC Comics in general because it seems that Umarak the Destroyer gets spiky-er and stronger. Perhaps call Umarak "Doomarak" or "Umarak the Doom-bringer". Lol.:P

26. In Umarak the Destroyer's character video yesterday, how Umarak and the Beasts are animated also reminds me of Doomsday because they have spikes on their bodies when the spikes aren't in their set forms. When Umarak glows in the beginning of the video, this also reminds of Doomsday doing that in the BvS movie. Also, at the end of the episode where Makuta turns Umarak the Hunter into the Destroyer, Umarak's shadow is smooth like his set form, but in the character video, he has the spikes, which reminds me of Doomsday in the BvS movie again. Seems pretty evident that Umarak gets spiky-er and stronger.

27. Also in the video, Umarak is holding a glowing purple and black object and seems to be controlling a purple blob-like thing. He seems to be creating a portal that way. Perhaps the glowing object is equivalent to the Realm Crystal from Ninjago?

The summer Netflix TV episodes aren't out yet, but I have a theory about how would the last one going to end: When almost all hope is lost when Umarak the Destroyer is proved very difficult to defeat when he reaches to his Beast-Umarak combiner form (I would imagine he would have the power to absorb Lava Beast's, Storm Beast's, and Quake Beast's powers to become this, similar to Kevin 11 and Aggregor from the Ben 10 TV shows) to become more powerful. When Pohatu feels regretful that because of himself, Umarak is unstoppable and can't be defeated by the combined might of the Toa Uniters, the Elemental Creatures, and Ekimu when he wears the Mask of Control. Pohatu is going to rush into action by Uniting with Ketar. He goes to defeat Umarak alone by removing the Mask of Control off from him as a way to make up for his mistake in the episode where he let Umarak take the Mask of Control. Pohatu jumps on top of Umarak and stabs him on the chest with his spear with a very great force, so he can get the Mask without being interfered while Umarak is in a very great pain. However, before Umarak could lost the Mask and die from the stabbing, Umarak stabs Pohatu with his claws while Pohatu successfully pulled the Mask out of his face, saving the day (It's like a mix of how Superman's battle with Doomsday ended and how the Lizard stabbed a police officer with his claws in the end of the first The Amazing Spider-Man movie in 2012).

After Pohatu removed the Mask, Umarak throws him off a cliff before changing back to his Hunter form and die from his wounds. Pohatu is too wounded and too weakened, so he couldn't save himself from falling 80 feet to his death on the ground. He has Ketar on his back, so Pohatu puts him in front of him while his back is heading to the ground because Pohatu knew that Okoto needs Ketar, so Pohatu is going to sacrifice himself to break Ketar's fall. Tahu and Lewa goes to save him. As Lewa throws a vine to catch Pohatu, it was too late to save him because Pohatu hit the ground very hard on his back just as the vine grabbed him while Ketar survived and is saved by the Toa. When the Toa and Ekimu check to see if Pohatu is okay, they discovered that he's dead due to his impact on the ground from his very high fall. They then feel extremely sad about it (It's like a mix of Matoro's sacrifice in G1 and how The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie in 2012 ended, when Spider-Man failed to save a girl, who is played by Emma Stone, whose last name is the same as Pohatu's element.)

I said this because Bionicle seems to have its ideas inspired by many things. I know that any of this would be doubtable that it would happen when the episodes come out, but it was extremely sad and a new twist that we never seen before if it would really happen.:(

So, what are your thoughts? See any other similarities?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)