The Freemaker Adventures Coming to DVD and Blu-Ray

StarWars.com has announced that LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – Complete Season One is coming to DVD and Blu-Ray December 6th. Each format will be available as a 2-disk set with all 13 episodes of the Disney XD series' debut season, special features including the behind-the-scenes featurette "Meet the Freemaker Family" and a video tour called "Freemaker Salvage and Repair", and six exclusive magnets. Follow the link above for more details including a picture of the Blu-Ray collection!

View the full article

Never heard of this series, is it some expanded universe based thing or just a different angle on the things we have already seen?

It's actually a completely original series by Lego. So like The Yoda Chronicles, it's not part of or adapted from the "canon" EU, but rather a new story in the Lego Star Wars universe.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Never heard of this series, is it some expanded universe based thing or just a different angle on the things we have already seen?

It's actually a completely original series by Lego. So like The Yoda Chronicles, it's not part of or adapted from the "canon" EU, but rather a new story in the Lego Star Wars universe.

It's so weird to have a "LEGO" Star Wars canon universe. I read an article where they described how the series was made to work with the current Star Wars canon, but isn't actually part of it.

I'd say I'm glad of that, not because I hate The Freemaker Adventures, I haven't bothered to see it, but simply because fundamentally telling canon stories through LEGO feels awkward and inconsistent with the "real" Star Wars.

Plus The Freemaker Adventures seems to do some things with the canon that as a Star Wars fan I can say feels very awkward. It does that thing that tries to stuff really important stories in between the major movies where things of immense importance happen that if really made sense would've been touched on in the films, like whatever Jedi they made up for this.