• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Explore the Frozen Tundra of a Strange New World

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 3,285 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:11 PM

Growing up in the 90s, one of the LEGO themes I was a big fan of was Ice Planet 2002, which provided cool spaceships and vehicles designed to operate in two of the harshest climates around - space and the arctic. While 2002 has come and gone with no sign of the sets becoming reality, the theme lives on in creations like the Ice Planet Exploration Mech by The Mugbearer. I love the rounded cockpit with a single light/eye in the front that keeps the pilot safe and warm. The color scheme is spot on for the theme and there's a variety of techniques put to good use to achieve a variety of shapes. I'm a fan of the hands that allow for two different configurations as a nice play feature. And you might not have even noticed that the whole thing isn't actually made of of bricks but was created digitally and then rendered with impressive results. Give it a look and then let The Mugbearer know what you think!

View the full article

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users