will lloyd get a girlfriend

Beno Fett

I could see why they'd include one in the future, since he is the only Ninja left without a love interest. (Cole needs a new one too tho.) However Lloyd has all the crazy family stuff going on, which generally seems to be the focus of his arcs. On the other hand, the last two love interests for the Ninjas (Pixel and Skyler) started out as allies, then turned into enemies, and then turned into allies again... so I would hope they could break from that pattern. :shrugs:

:music:

It all depends on if the show creators and Lego think it helps advance the plot line. I wouldn't be opposed to it, though I think Cole is due for one first. Either one would be a nice fit for Claire, that girl minifigure from the Temple of Airjitzu set that has yet to be in the show. Of course, it'd be nice if they'd bring Seliel from the graphic novels into the toy line and show as more than a teasing cameo in that Samurai X Cave Chaos set; I'd love for her to become Cole's girlfriend.

Were Lloyd ever to revert to his real age, a few years down the road I think he and Sally from Sensei Wu's Academy would make a cute couple. Doubt it's going to happen though; the ending of Wrong Place, Wrong Time makes it seem like history has been altered so that Lloyd is supposed to be his current age naturally. At least that's how I interpreted it; it wasn't covered extensively, and time travel is a headache in the best of series.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

The real issue with giving Lloyd any sort of love interest is that, to a certain extent, regardless of the vague and generally unchanging ages of the Ninjago characters, he has basically been a kid in an adult's body since season two of the show. Unless there's some substantial time skip that definitively ages all the characters, or a love interest is introduced who has experienced circumstances that created an uncannily similar discrepancy in their physical and mental ages, that's unlikely to change, and as such any relationship he were to enter could be construed as pedophilia either in terms of Lloyd being physically too old or mentally too young for the romantic partner in question.

Now, since the Ninjago movie seems to be portraying all the characters unambiguously as teenagers, with no weird age manipulation involved, it would be easier for them to introduce a love interest in that continuity. I don't necessarily see that happening in the first movie, but they could easily introduce one in a subsequent movie (and for that matter, given the nature of the Lego Movie cinematic universe it could even be a character from an entirely different theme).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The real issue with giving Lloyd any sort of love interest is that, to a certain extent, regardless of the vague and generally unchanging ages of the Ninjago characters, he has basically been a kid in an adult's body since season two of the show. Unless there's some substantial time skip that definitively ages all the characters, or a love interest is introduced who has experienced circumstances that created an uncannily similar discrepancy in their physical and mental ages, that's unlikely to change, and as such any relationship he were to enter could be construed as pedophilia either in terms of Lloyd being physically too old or mentally too young for the romantic partner in question.

I've seen it theorized that Lloyd was about 9 or 10 when we first met him as a kid, and then with the aging effects of the Tomorrow's Tea (?), he's physically about the same age as Nya, so at the time, would have made him approximately 15. So, it would only be a discrepancy of about 6 years. It's not like the other Ninja were in their mid-20s (sans Zane, who is apparently around 50). As it is, a 6-year difference isn't too out-there in most societies. Besides, with all he's experienced, and seeing how he's matured since his first appearance, I'd say he effectively qualifies as having grown into his physical age. I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Not to mention that it does seem like "Wrong Place, Wrong Time" did reestablish the timeline so that he is older. I mean, given that the Mega Weapon didn't exist in this reality, nobody's ages changed, which means the ripple effect probably caused Lloyd to be born earlier.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge