I enjoy Fourze only because it fixes what OOO was terrible at; setting. W was beautifully done with Fuuto basically feeling like a real place; recurring characters, just a good setting...OOO had nothing. We don't even know the city's name! With Fourze, we have recurring characters and a good setting that feels real again, like Fuuto again, but to a lesser extent.ET; Kabuto is decent, but you'll probably hate Tendou immediately. It's not a bad season, Tendou makes it bad. Along with so many unresolved plots...

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

Yes! Finally found this topic!Anyway, I'm relatively new to Kamen Rider, and I just finished watching W. I'm just wondering where to go from here, though, because a lot of people have told me that it's better than most series and I'm worried I might be underwhelmed. What would you guys recommend going to next? I'm thinking either Kabuto, Kiva or OOO, with maybe Fourze on the side as it comes out, but I'm not sure because I've heard mixed reviews of Kabuto and OOO. What do you lot think?

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

I liked OOO, but like everything it does indeed have its flaws.And that's really all that's keeping me into Fourze, Lord Koji. I watched episodes 4 and 5 last night and the recurring cast has me interested. Granted, it's because I can't stand most of them. :P JK is annoying, the goth girl is creepily hilarious, Miu and the jock symbolize everything I hate about modern high school - because their dominance of the school sadly reflects a real American high school anymore, which is disgusting. So yeah, it's all more real alright...Haha I know what to expect from Tendou in Kabuto (not gonna start watching 'till I'm caught up with Fourze, though). But the suit designs... :drooling:Speaking of suits - there was yet another Tamashii Festival or what have you, where a ton of SHFiguarts were shown off... Thank goodness I'm not investing in the Super Sentai SHFs. They just about doubled the size of the line with these reveals. Kamen Rider didn't have much besides ones we knew would come eventually, like Maki and Eiji Greeds. And a purple-eyed Tatoba - really?!? Oh well. And more Den-O love with what appear to be rereleases of all the Imagin, but in their silly costumes (though since we only saw the heads I don't know what's underneath... and they probably don't include their weapons :/). Oh and Teddy and Den-O Sword Form... Yay I guess?~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'm actually tempted by the Birth Prototype, but certainly not purple!Tatoba... even though those purple compound eyes are so very nice-looking... Fourze's Elek State looks fantastic, though it helps that I love the suit design already. Fire State looks really dull IMO, but that could just be because I haven't seen it in the show yet. Don't really care for the Den-O stuff, but that may change once I actually get around to watching the show.

I want a Nazca Figuart, but it's too expensive. All I have right now is a ShinkenRed from Toys R Us. There are some beautiful ones from Rider.ET; the suit designs are the best part of Kabuto. It has the potential to be amazing...but it's just not, unfortunately.DJ; I recommend Hibiki. It's my favorite season (outside of W, if only because of the staff changes that ruined the last 18 or so Hibiki episodes). Kiva is amazing as well, but not as good. Basically, if you want a character driven season, one of those (Hibiki moreso). I personally don't care for OOO in retrospect, if only because of the cast and characters not feeling as good as W had (as I already mentioned).

DJ; I recommend Hibiki. It's my favorite season (outside of W, if only because of the staff changes that ruined the last 18 or so Hibiki episodes). Kiva is amazing as well, but not as good. Basically, if you want a character driven season, one of those (Hibiki moreso). I personally don't care for OOO in retrospect, if only because of the cast and characters not feeling as good as W had (as I already mentioned).

I'm....not too fond of Hibiki. I'm sure it would have a very good storyline and character-driven plots, but I guess the whole Differentness of it bugs me. I might try Kiva first, if only because I'm a massive fan of their designs, then go back to Hibiki, but I'm not sure.

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

I watched Decade, got to Hibiki's World (Decade was my first alongside Dragon Knight; I only started since DK was on), and I remember going, "I will never watch that." But as I went through, I saw conversations of how Hibiki is all about characters. Not even music themes; just characters. It's a coming of age story, and it's beautiful...for the first 29 episodes. I gave it a chance, and couldn't stop watching my downloads. Kabuto, I watched the first one, gave up for a bit, watched the second, and kept going slowly. Blade, same, basically, and I loved Blade more than Kabuto. Hibiki I just could not stop watching.Granted, I'll say what I tell everyone; if you like shows about characters, then watch Hibiki. Just force yourself through the start of episode 1 with the music, don't take any misconceptions along that it's about music, and you should enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Kamen Rider vs. Super Sentai the movie. It's happening. Oh god I hope they aren't just thrown in at the end and there's actually a good mix of main cast and it's not just dominated by the leads.But yeah right...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

May I ask why?---So in semi-Kamen Rider related news, the latest episode of Digimon Xros Wars had a scene where a poster of Fourze with a bunch of Astro Switches was shown in Taiki's room. I ltierally did a double take when I saw that and had to watch twice to make sure haha. Wasn't expecting that there.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Stryker; watch W. It is either the best or second best, depending on if I can count Hibiki as a half season.ET; well, let me correct myself. Depends on who the writer is. If this is anything like Decade proper...yeah, not looking forward to more mess like that. And Den-O. I needn't say more.

I watched the first few and last few episodes of W and the Movie, but I have yet to watch it start to finish. And unfortunately, I've just discovered Tiger and Bunny, so W may have to wait for now.I did get caught up on Fourze, though. Still not really gripping my attention as well as OOO and Kabuto (and W, really) did, but it's still pretty cool. Maybe the Figuarts will help get me fully on board...

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the first few and last few episodes of W and the Movie, but I have yet to watch it start to finish. And unfortunately, I've just discovered Tiger and Bunny, so W may have to wait for now.I did get caught up on Fourze, though. Still not really gripping my attention as well as OOO and Kabuto (and W, really) did, but it's still pretty cool. Maybe the Figuarts will help get me fully on board...

In my opinion, as awesome as Tiger and Bunny is, W is a lot better.As far as Figuarts are going for me, I've never bought any before, but I'm going to get myself an Ichigo, a Nigo and an Amazon, if only because they're my favourite Showa riders that have Figuarts right now (incidentally, anyone else stoked for that Stronger?)Also, why all the Den-O hate? I've watched all of that series that I can find online, and I thought it was freaking awesome!

Yessss, another Den-O fan!So I've caught up with Fourze and yeah, it's interested me... Still not a fan of the suit design, but the Zodiarts all look pretty cool. And Gentaro's still annoying.Also been watching some of Kabuto. Somehow, I find myself liking Tendou...I plan on getting some final forms like W CycloneJokerXtreme and OOO Putotyra for Figuarts still. I still haven't watched any of the Showa riders, but I have watched reviews for Ichigo, Nigo and Amazon and they all look like really solid figures. And yes, that Stronger does look really good.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I haven't seen Stronger yet, need to go look.I hate to say it, but Fourze is better than OOO. I figured I'd despise it with a passion, and find GARO the best Toku this year, but wow, Fourze is actually pretty good.I watched ZO a few weeks ago; loved it. ZX; not too great, I felt. Still need to see Shin, since I have the download.

I haven't seen Stronger yet, need to go look.I hate to say it, but Fourze is better than OOO. I figured I'd despise it with a passion, and find GARO the best Toku this year, but wow, Fourze is actually pretty good.I watched ZO a few weeks ago; loved it. ZX; not too great, I felt. Still need to see Shin, since I have the download.

Shin? As in, the movie Shin Kamen Rider? That thing gives me nightmares, man. I mean, he freaking rips of a Kaijin's head, spine and all!

I really need to start watching the original series, if I can find someone subbing it.Just Fourze for me right now. When Nihon finishes Kuuga and Agito, I'll watch those.

Midnight Crew Subs is done with Kuuga. ...and has been for at least a year, I believe.I believe there's subs for for the original and Agito as well... I can't link to them for obvious reasons (though I know a toku site I've seen you on- I can PM you there if you want). Edited by Alastor

hElbrZ6.gif

I actually have a site that has a breakdown of who subbed what. I just need to get around to it.As it stands, I'm working through Keitai Sokusan 7 (misspelled), so I need to focus on that before I bother going to watch an old Rider series.Also, I'm a sub snob; I'll wait on Nihon for Kuuga/Agito.

• 2 weeks later...

I have severe doubts TV Nihon is ever going to subtitle the series, and even if they do, I don't think distracting animations to the subs and leaving in honorifics and other japanese phrases for no reason is exactly worth it, so I would recommend just sticking with what you have.

But I love it when they change the color highlights on the subtitles to reflect the characters. :PSo I've had this guy for a few days now, and I must say: SHF PuToTyra is yet another simply beautiful figure. And this from a guy who doesn't care too much for purple. If his kneecaps would just stay on, he'd be a perfect figure.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

RX; I'm a snob. I only use their subs if possible (granted, I'll be using others for Showa soon). I don't care that some Japanese is left in their subs; I'm used to it. I love it.And I'm planning on Stronger before Kuuga/Agito anyway, along with some other Showa series anyway, so I'll wait.ET; what do you mean? Does he have armor on the kneecaps or something that doesn't stay on?

Yep, and it pops off instantly. It's a pretty common problem with the figure. You can't even bend his legs without them popping off because the tops of the shins rubs against the knees.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

So, I'm pretty new to Kamen Rider, watched a little Dragon Knight, and watched a fair amount of subbed Kabuto. I have two questions, namely:What series should try next?Where could I find subs for Kamen Rider?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

A quick google search of "Kamen Rider subs" will give you the top two places. I prefer the second result. ;)Also, watch Kamen Rider W. It was the first series I watched in full and still hasn't been beaten. And just because I love it so much, watch Kiva too. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Well yeah, the Sentai SHF wouldn't really have to worry about armor issues. :PSpeaking of Ryuki, if I ever finish Kabuto, think that'd be a good one to try next? I was also thinking of either Kuuga or even Decade, since it seems Decade's going to pop up in yet another movie.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Personally I highly recommend Ryuki. It's a great story about humanity, human greed and desire, really. A plethora of characters keeps it interesting, since they all have their own motives and stories. And Ryuki has like four or five endings, so it's a really interesting season.The final two episodes are beautifully done as well. Just the last four or so are amazing.Decade...I've come to despise Decade, if only because the writing is kind of all over the place and not much is ever explained. I say watch it, but wait on it. Besides, it'll be like eight more months before we get that movie, so you have time.Also, one more thing on Ryuki. If you saw OOO, I believe Ryuki does the greed and desire angle a lot better.

What series should try next?

Kuuga, Double, and Black. Ryuki is also fairly good.

Where could I find subs for Kamen Rider?

Google 'Kamen Rider Subs'. Go to the first link. As a general rule of thumb, use TV-Nihon's if there is no other alternative (which at the moment is only Shin and ZO and on the Sentai side of things, I believe Bokuenger- the others have newer subs that are varying degrees complete). However, if you enjoy their subs, more power to you (though I will ask why, if only out of curiousity).

I have severe doubts TV Nihon is ever going to subtitle the series, and even if they do, I don't think distracting animations to the subs and leaving in honorifics and other japanese phrases for no reason is exactly worth it, so I would recommend just sticking with what you have.

They'll complete it, if only because they have problems with the idea of other sub groups doing better work (see: them announcing a PGSM resubbing when another group picks it up).

hElbrZ6.gif

• 4 weeks later...

...so, I started watching OOO. I mean, the first few episodes it was ok, not bad but no great. But then it started to get really good and I'm immensely enjoying it. Sure, not ad much as im enjoying Fourze, and not nearly as much as i enjoyed Den-O and W, but it's close. Not quite finished yet, but I'm getting there. Also, ordered a Korean Decadriver, because I liked Decade (sue me). Was going to get a W Driver too, until I found out they'd changed the sound effects to a voice with less of a pronounced Japanese accent. Just thought I'd say that in case any of you were pondering getting it. :)

OOO is a series I can never watch again. I'm not sure if I'll watch Wonderful; I just got the torrent yesterday since it got subbed, but I despise OOO for the most part, due to Kobayashi's habit of filler, and my general hate of a chunk of the main cast (Eiji included). Gotou, Ankh, Ishiguro/R5 are the only redeeming characters to me.As for Fourze, as soon as Garren dies/is sent to the Nebula/whatever, I'm done. I've grown from hating to liking to hating again.

OOO Wonderful is up? Hmm, better go get that...Started watching Kabuto again. :3 Didn't have any more Decade episodes left and need to wait until the end of the week to download more haha. If I eeever get through these two, I've decided Ryuki's next for sure. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.