• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Giant Super Robot

bionicle robot

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Sludge Dragon

Sludge Dragon
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 347 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 03:02 PM

I call him Color Spike. Click on thumbnails. It'll be worth it.Posted ImageColorful for a reason. I wanted him to be.Named after the shoe, the Air Jordan Spiz'ike., Bordeaux colorway. Pictured here.Posted ImageOf course he's posable. And sturdy too.Posted ImageBack view.Posted ImagePortait.Posted ImageGallery when public:http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=500731Edit: Images thumbnailed due to dimensions and file size. Please keep posted images in BBC to 640x640 pixels and 100 kB.Click on the thumbnails to view the original images.-Wind-

Edited by Faas, Apr 04 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#2 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,309 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hmm, looks like a transformer. I like the overall look, and he does seem sturdy and well constructed. Yet I always seem to be turned off by using socket parts as anything other than socket parts. But hey, at least it's consistent here. And nicely done color scheme too. On closer inspection, he seems very jumbled, as a result of the ball and socket reliance, but again, it is consistent. Maybe some armor to cover up the inner workings (meaning those various limbs that make up much of his body) would give him a more sleek robotic look.Well done.Posted Image

#3 Offline Sludge Dragon

Sludge Dragon
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 347 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 12:21 PM

Well it's not a big blocky bot, I wanted biomechanical, technoorganic, sort of like something from Spawn.Though yes it does look like a transformer, but you gotta consider the size and weight, he needed something to hold him up, ball joints being redily availible.I like to make parts go where they don't normally. Use things not what they have to be designed for. It's liberating. haha.Oh, also, all the ball joints stay in their places, so it doesn't really become a mess there.

Edited by Faas, Apr 05 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#4 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,956 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 01:02 PM

Well, he's definitely a giant, and looks kind of stable for the size.The many colors don't clash either, which is a good thing. They're all distributed nicely, almost like Omega Supreme. I really like the wide chest and arms, too, but the torso seems a little too open.

webmaster.png

#5 Offline Sludge Dragon

Sludge Dragon
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 347 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 11:34 PM

thanks. yeah, I'm workin on a new version of him currently. fixing the jumbled back and holy thighs. it'll be even better!

#6 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,195 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 06:19 PM

His design is nice, I like how big you were able to make this. However, assuming the color scheme is supposed to be that jumbled, he is kind of cluttered with mechanical detail. I'd suggest adding in an outer layer of HF armor to give him an armored appearance. Also, what's that blue "bar" on the chest for?

Edited by Chaos Dralcax, Apr 16 2012 - 06:20 PM.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#7 Offline Lewa97

Lewa97
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 27 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 10:46 PM

It seems pretty messy. A few blue pieces here, some red there- It's quite chaotic. A solid color theme and some armor would clean it up.

ACTIVATE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!

#8 Offline High Voltage

High Voltage
  • Members
  • Toa

• 151 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 22 2012 - 12:11 AM

It does look a bit messy and a better colour scheme would work wonders. Also, The head looks odd, I'm not really sure what is going on there.

Blah blah signature blah.  With italic to make it look fancy.

#9 Offline Sludge Dragon

Sludge Dragon
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 347 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2012 - 10:07 PM

The bar is there for design. It's just there lol.He's supposed to look like that, techno organic. Like bare exposed metal muscles. The color scheme is primary colors, and shades, ha.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users