• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

That Retro Comic

food fun for da whole family

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ~Acer~

~Acer~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hey everyone! Welcome to That Retro Series!My very first comic series in like, ever.Comic 1 - Comic 2 - Comic 3 - Comic 4 - Comic 5Comic 6 - http://www.majhost.c...omic7.png]Comic 7[/url]Okay this isn't my first time touching Paint or sprites or anything like that. I learned a bit from my "significant other" and this is me and my boredom trying to get a reaction from him.anywayCreds to Razor for his kit (as if he's still around). I don't wanna use chimoru, I like razor, so leave me alone. :censored:Creds to whoever made that sprite accessory kit. I really don't know who made it, I just took it from a collection of spritestuff belonging to my significant other. (I love you. Posted Image )okay bye enjoy

Edited by ~Acer~, Feb 17 2013 - 10:44 PM.

"... What is gold can never stay."

#2 Online Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 588 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 10:58 PM

Comic 1 and Comic 2 link to the same comic. I don't know if you did that intentionally or not.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

#3 Offline vataki

vataki
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,020 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 11:32 AM

These comics certainly have a retro feel to them. The backgrounds, the kit, the text-style. Just about everything. Brings you back to the "good ol' days." :PI'll keep an eye on these, although you should fix the link to the second comic, because when you click it, the first comic comes up again. (Being the majshelf stalker I am, I was able to find the second one, but you should still fix it for everyone else.)Good work so far!~Vataki

naw man

#4 Offline ~Acer~

~Acer~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 10:40 PM

dude what the heckKay I fixed the second link. :P Thank you!

#5 Offline The Venom

The Venom
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2012 - 07:30 PM

Okay, I will say. I liked that "low budget" joke.But the only other reason I'm posting is because I feel bad for your lack of posts. :PJk, welcome to the comics forum, where posting is infrequent, and that's sadly how it is, little bro.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

#6 Offline ~Acer~

~Acer~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 02:38 PM

Oh stop it, you. :wub:Much too kind.okay since im receiving so much love i am presenting a new comic. :biggrin: read it. now.

#7 Offline Zevox

Zevox
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 3 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 02 2012 - 07:20 PM

I really like the style you've got going bro, this comic has a great start and I see a lot of potential in it.The only thing it's missing/it needs in my opinion are more pages! :P
Posted Image

#8 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 04:35 PM

This makes me giggle.Er, ahem...I mean, very good comrade, this pleases my ocular vision devices.Anyway, the witty humor and simple jokes make up for the sometimes difficult text, and I really like how you're using a much more, "classic" kit for this.Here is to you comrade!

banner.png

Enjoy.

#9 Offline ~Acer~

~Acer~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 02:18 PM

thanks! =Dto commemorate this achievement of positive feedback, i shall put up another comic.done and done. =)

#10 Offline The Venom

The Venom
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hey come on now... Comic series don't always die from laziness..<_<In my case, it's quite the contrary...(I hate you, life)-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

#11 Offline ~Acer~

~Acer~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 03:06 PM

oh my gosh i havent seen the light of these comics for a while.New comic is up! Because I still care. :3

#12 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 03:31 PM

Ah man, you just let out us authors big secret!

banner.png

Enjoy.

#13 Offline ~Acer~

~Acer~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 10:34 PM

whoopsies.Well I'm about to let out some more secrets! :D Comic 6 is up.

#14 Offline ~Acer~

~Acer~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:45 PM

okay fine, dont reply. :(Comic 7 is up tho. =P

#15 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 11:11 PM

Haha, maybe a bit too literal in this case ;)

banner.png

Enjoy.

#16 Offline Mr.Maniac

Mr.Maniac
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,091 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 10:01 PM

Not too bad dude. Old school look looks great. Keep it up.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users