• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Life of a Father

Poem Poetry Writing Babies School Assignment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 01 2012 - 01:42 PM

Life of a FatherI stare soothing at the big blue eyes,Looking up at me with innocence—Cerulean skies observing the lines and creases of my face. He wants to cry, upset at being near all the loud people—People clanging their glasses together in toasts to the bride and groom,People slapping each other’s backs in embraces,All oblivious to the sensitive ears of Little Liam—But he sees my face,Knows he is safe in my arms,And a smile spreads.His little face lights up, and I place a kiss on his head.I know he wants to sleep, so I rock him back and forth in my arms.Swinging and turning gently as his eyes slowly blink closed.I smile—this is the life a father.There is nothing greater. ~ :: ~Another poem written for my Creative Writing class. It was supposed to use some sound, and it could only be between 12-16 lines. I don't like the writing of this one as much as my Staring Oceans poem, but considering this one has babies, it kinda evens out. I was originally going to write about a church (I still will, sometime, probably), but after I held my cousin's baby last weekend this was all I could think about, haha. Enjoy! Comments and constructive criticisms are much appreciated. Posted Image

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

winter.jpg

[ The Shadowy Verge :: Midnight Voltage :: The Ambage :: SSCC ]

#2 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,562 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 04 2012 - 12:14 AM

The one thing I love about poetry is the freedom of expression.

Cerulean skies observing the lines and creases of my face

You wouldn't typically see something like that in a narrative prose story. The way the words and lines are put together, the author really hands the beauty over to the eye of the beholder. It's a nice escape from blocks of rigid prose. Anyways, about this particular poem, I really do like it. For one, it's short and sweet, emphasis on both short and sweet, and the fact that it's written from a personal experience makes it all the better. It's nice to know there's a lot of heart going into what's been written and shared. I really have nothing else to say other than that good work has been done here, and I think this (and your other poem) will start a poetry initiative in the COT.

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users