• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

WYSIWYG text editor has disappeared...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Phovos

Phovos
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,250 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hello again,I've got a bit of a problem. Normally, I have no problem writing my own BBcode and all that, but I like to be able to use the WYSIWYG editor. For reasons unknown, it's disappeared, like THIS picture suggests.I've checked in multiple browsers (Chrome - my default, Firefox, IE) and the editor is still missing in all three of them. I have also tried clearing my cache and deleting cookies and stuff, but nada.I thought there was something that you can press in your Settings to bring it back, but I can't find it.I don't mind not having it, but this means I can't update my comedy until this is sorted out.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor, Oct 05 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#2 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,938 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 11:02 AM

As far as I know, this happens if you have the editor opened in another tab or window. Not sure if that only happens if it's on the same browser or if it happens on other browsers as well, as long as you are logged in on the same account in all of them. You probably check all browsers for BZPower tabs.-Gata Posted Image
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#3 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,193 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 06:22 PM

He appears to be using the same browser and operating system as I do, and I am not experiencing any problems. Maybe it's just a board glitch.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#4 Offline Zeddy

Zeddy
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 13,098 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 07:35 PM

That's weird. There's a little arrow on the top right corner that hides/shows the text editor, but it doesn't seem to show up in your picture. Are you using some ad or script blocker or something like that?

Posted Image

#5 Online ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,731 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hmm. For me, it appears after clicking in the box to type in, but I'd assume that you've already tried to do that. As I'm not familiar with the BZPower mechanics I'm afraid I can't really help you much here. :notsure:

#6 Offline Phovos

Phovos
  • Members

• 4,250 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 04:34 AM

Okay, I've worked out the problem. Having multiple BZPower tabs open, or having another tab open with a forum that uses IPB software like BZP does stops me from using the editor on BZP. On the other forum, I have no problem. This seems to happen on all browsers too, which doesn't help matters.I don't know why I have this. It's been happening for a week and before that I had NO problems at all.Well, that is a huge pain in the backside for me, since I need other tabs open so I can write chapters for my comedies. I guess I'll just stick to using Quick Reply or something.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor, Oct 06 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#7 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,938 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 06:54 AM

Okay, I've worked out the problem. Having multiple BZPower tabs open, or having another tab open with a forum that uses IPB software like BZP does stops me from using the editor on BZP. On the other forum, I have no problem. This seems to happen on all browsers too, which doesn't help matters.I don't know why I have this. It's been happening for a week and before that I had NO problems at all.Well, that is a huge pain in the backside for me, since I need other tabs open so I can write chapters for my comedies. I guess I'll just stick to using Quick Reply or something.

If by Quick Reply you are referring to the editor on the bottom of topics, the problem can appear on that one as well. :/-Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#8 Offline Phovos

Phovos
  • Members

• 4,250 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 07:51 AM

It appears on both Quick Reply and Normal Reply, but at least with Quick Reply, I can scroll up and read previous posts. Normally I have the topic open in a new window for easier viewing but then I get the missing editor problem again.

#9 Offline light Laser

light Laser
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 83 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 04:57 PM

Why not open it in a new window.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.
Wait that doesn't seem right.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users