It seems that every few weeks a topic pops up that asks the question worst piece. Inevitably someone will appear and declare that no piece is utterly useless and can be applied as long as the MOCer is willing to think outside the box. True, some parts are rather specialized but with the proper amount of creativity and innovation they can be used in strange and unique ways. challengeSo I pose my challenge: Instead of lamenting the limitations of a piece, find way in which said piece can be used in an awesome manner. From my time here on BZPower I've seen links to some of the coolest MOCs using the most "useless parts."This topic can serve as an inspiration for stunk builders surcharging for a challenge or test to deturmin how well you know your brick. All parts are fair game, Galador, Ben 10, and Dinosaurs included. Members here can attempt to stump other players be declaring a part they believe to be the most difficult to use. Name a part here and certainly a use can be found.I'll start by posting a part I find hard to build with:x495.jpgThe person below me will now state a way this part can be used outside it's intended purpose and preferably post a photo demonstrating it. Then, that person will post a part they deem difficult to use and the next person will attempt to find a way to implement that part.Good luck. Play well. Hopefully this can provide a format to both contemplate new ways to use pieces we overlook and challenge our building spirits.

That is all

This is a game topic that is not allowed and also impractical. I can't report this on mobile but I don't think this is allowed.
It is allowed, but probably best belongs in the Games and Trivia forum, I think... :shrugs:
However, it's also a "Post it here" topic, which is not allowed in any forum.

This is a game topic that is not allowed and also impractical. I can't report this on mobile but I don't think this is allowed.
It is allowed, but probably best belongs in the Games and Trivia forum, I think... :shrugs:
In that case it would probably be better to close it because the topic starter is not premeir.

aouROFb.png

In that case it would probably be better to close it because the topic starter is not premeir.
Wait, how is this a post it here topic? I indicate what this topic can serve s but I don't say that people should post. Admittedly the post it here rules are rather vague but I don't think this topic fits those criteria.I originally considered posting it in the games forum but considering there is no winner, points, or competition I did not think that would be appropriate. It's in the lego discussion forum because it's designed to inspire discussion and inspiration. I don't see how that is impractical, on the contrary, it provides a format where MOCers can look at different parts with a new perspective. If moving it is appropriate, so be it. However, since it does not meet the qualifications of a post it here topic I don't think closing is the appropriate answer.

That is all

Wait, how is this a post it here topic? I indicate what this topic can serve s but I don't say that people should post. Admittedly the post it here rules are rather vague but I don't think this topic fits those criteria.I originally considered posting it in the games forum but considering there is no winner, points, or competition I did not think that would be appropriate. It's in the lego discussion forum because it's designed to inspire discussion and inspiration. I don't see how that is impractical, on the contrary, it provides a format where MOCers can look at different parts with a new perspective. If moving it is appropriate, so be it. However, since it does not meet the qualifications of a post it here topic I don't think closing is the appropriate answer.
... Well, for one thing, a MOC can take days to complete. Someone else will surely beat you to the punch. Also, games don't need winners, points, or competition.

aouROFb.png

... Well, for one thing, a MOC can take days to complete. Someone else will surely beat you to the punch. Also, games don't need winners, points, or competition.
I never asked for an original MOC. I ask only for an example, the picture could be from something they saw at brickfest or anywhere else on the web. A photo is not even necessary! I specified that it would be helpful in proving a point but I understand that if we waited for a photo of every single piece in use the topic would drag along. This is not a game, it's a challenge, In this case there is a difference between the two.

That is all

I never asked for an original MOC. I ask only for an example, the picture could be from something they saw at brickfest or anywhere else on the web. A photo is not even necessary! I specified that it would be helpful in proving a point but I understand that if we waited for a photo of every single piece in use the topic would drag along. This is not a game, it's a challenge, In this case there is a difference between the two.
This is more of a game than a challenge. Anyways, it would be best to stop the arguing until the staff gets here and then this can get sorted out.

aouROFb.png

However, you are asking participants to post images and creations, which qualifies this as a "Post it here" topic, which breaks the rules.

Way back when we used to do stuff like this. The thing was, it was part of .space (if I'm remembering right), and people would post their own topics. The main .space topic was about MOC's and ideas and the like so it meshed in with the system. So yeah, there is a precedent, but it was under different circumstances.As Paleo said, this fits the qualifications of a Post It Here topic. If you wanna do something like this you'd have to get a blog and do it there. Sorry man, it's a good idea, just doesn't work here.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I was going to allow this, but I can see how as-worded it is easy to confuse for a game. Here's my decision.This version of it I am going to close, however, PM me a draft of a new version that is clearly not a game but an open question topic (just like the "worst piece" topic is an open question and is therefore allowed), asking people to post ways they know of to use supposedly unuseable or difficult to use pieces, including pics if they want. It may also allow people to say what are difficult to use pieces. Just to be clear, since the "worst piece" topic is currently up, it shouldn't ask people to post the very worst of difficult pieces so it isn't a dupe, but people can post ways of using such pieces too.I'll then suggest any edits needed, and give you permission to repost this topic in its new version in LEGO Discussion, with my permission stated so there won't be the same distracting confusion.Deal? :)Topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)