• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ōkami RPG Discussion Topic

Okami RPG Discussion Japanese

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2013 - 07:24 PM

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Ōkami RPG Discussion Topic[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Good day to you all, OTC Roleplayers. This is the Discussion Topic for the Ōkami RPG. Post all characters here for approval. Once they are approved by a staff member, you may begin playing from that point. Keep in mind that all rules that are abided by upon the main topic must be followed through here. Oh, and while this isn’t a rule, I suggest that if you have multiple characters you stick them all in one post somewhere on here; preferably, the first one. It makes life easier for everyone.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]While I doubt an FAQ will ever be necessary, here is an AQ, where more questions will be added over time –[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Q. What technology would/would not be allowed?[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]A. To clarify from the main topic, anything from 1000 AD or before then is allowed, regardless of location in the world. Cannons are also found, though it’s unlikely a person will be found carrying them around. The Cannon Namahage has theirs, but it’s more magic than anything. They’re demons. What is not allowed would be anything from after 1000 AD – however, something may slip past the radar and get approved by accident, and I doubt I’ll end up retconning it. Don’t expect miracles.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]As numerous demons are shown during the story, or NPCs are given more description, I plan to keep short write ups and profiles here. The format will typically be as below, though with actual unique beings rather than common demons –[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]

Spoiler
[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I would like to remind you to have respect for the staff. And by the staff, I mean my Co-GM, :Advent Aeternale:, for volunteering to fulfill the position. I couldn’t honestly care less about any special courtesies given to myself, because I’m known for going a little overboard. On the subject of staff, I may end up having to get other people at some point. But not ATM.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Oh, and product placement – if anything you see interests you and you have a PS2, PS3, or Wii, then for the love of Amaterasu get your hands on a copy of this game. If the visuals, soundtrack, or story don’t amaze you then I don’t honestly know what will.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Those who have played the game - no spoilers unless you've put 'em in tags.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Thanks Clover. Thanks Capcom.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]And thank you.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Levacius Zehvor[/color][/font]

#2 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,878 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hmm, never thought I'd see an Okama RPG.

is there a source where you got all these ideas? I'd like to read it.

#3 Online Mad Scientist BioBeast

Mad Scientist BioBeast
  • Members
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 6,128 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hmm, never thought I'd see an Okama RPG.

Okama - Okama is a Japanese slang term for transgender or homosexual.

Okami - Japanese word for wolf.  May refer to either the normal animal or the magical creature.  (Also the name of a game where you take on the role of Amaterasu, the sun goddess of Japanese myths.)

Two completely different things.

Name: Isamu

Species: Oina

Appearance: Isamu has dark green pants with an indigo belt, which matches in color with his undershirt and over shirt respectively.  He has leather footwear, and metal armguards.  Like most Oina, Isamu has a mask.  Isamu’s mask bears the design of a dark green boar, with tusks coming out of the front of the mask, and small ears attached to the top.  In his wolf form Isamu has primarily dark green fur, with indigo highlights.

Equipment: Isamu wields a Nodachi.(A Nodachi is a long curved sword)

Allegiance: Isamu is aligned with the Disciples of the Gods.  More specifically, the Hana Valley base.

Personality: Isamu is a jack of all trades but a master of none.  And he knows it.  The fact that he is  mundane at everything drives him crazy.  He practices all the time, and never manages to perfect one of his many skills.  However, unless you bring up his pet peeve, Isamu is usually a pretty nice guy.

Background: Isamu was born and raised in Wep’Keer.  However, eventually he left and began exploring the rest of Nippon.  However, as he traveled through the Northern Lands, he was accosted by a demon.  He survived the fight, but only thanks to one of the Hana Valley Diciples.  Said disciple took him to Hana Valley, where Isamu joined the Hana Valley’s group of Diciples.

Edited by Strong Arm BioBeast, Apr 18 2013 - 08:10 PM.

"I'll do it...  If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

#4 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2013 - 09:02 PM

Okama - Okama is a Japanese slang term for transgender or homosexual.

Learn something new every day.

The character looks good, so Isamu is approved.

The RPG itself is based off of the game Okami and its sequel, Okamiden. These games are, in turn, based upon Japanese folklore, myths and even real world persons. The actual premise of this exact game is just what seemed to fit at the time.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Apr 18 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#5 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,878 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hmm, never thought I'd see an Okama RPG. is there a source where you got all these ideas? I'd like to read it.

Okama - Okama is a Japanese slang term for transgender or homosexual.Okami - Japanese word for wolf.  May refer to either the normal animal or the magical creature.  (Also the name of a game where you take on the role of Amaterasu, the sun goddess of Japanese myths.) Two completely different things.

Aaagh! I knew that, but that was a typo.

One of the craziest typos of my life.

Anyway, I'll google those games, Levacius.

#6 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 01:41 PM

Gonna have a profile up soon enough. Just been taking a break from RPing for a while. The break is coming to what seems to be a well timed end, though.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#7 Online Mad Scientist BioBeast

Mad Scientist BioBeast
  • Members
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 6,128 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 25 2013 - 07:55 PM

So before I actually start playing, is there any plot to follow or are the PCs just running around fighting demons and other PCs?

"I'll do it...  If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

#8 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 25 2013 - 09:05 PM

So before I actually start playing, is there any plot to follow or are the PCs just running around fighting demons and other PCs?

I'll have an opening post up by the end of the day tomorrow. At the moment I'm preoccupied with finishing a History project and a forty slide powerpoint before the days end.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#9 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 12:23 AM

Character profile is almost done, I'm just having a lot of trouble coming up with a decent backstory.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users