Errr… glad to still be alive?
Many apologies for not having been on any of my usual sites in weeks. My laptop’s adapter is broken and has been for a very long time, but the most direct reason for my inactivity is that my brother’s adapter has broken as well! It still functions when you line it up right, but… since I’m uncomfortable on any computers besides my own laptop and the school computers (maybe in part because of this “tab” business I have to deal with on more recent versions of Internet Explorer), I’ve tried to avoid social interactions on the internet and have restricted myself to the sort of news-browsing and Wikipedia-scavenging that I can more easily get away with at school.
This is being typed at school on Microsoft Word, and will most likely be put on other sites via flash drive.
Now, in the news department:
- My brother has finally given me the initiative to get up off my Do not bypass the word filter! <<DV>> and draw HSB artwork. So draw I did, and as of today (10/3/08) I have a WIP drawing of Gorast in a pose I’ve been trying to manage for a long time (still need to decide what to do with those extra arms). I am also looking into drawing Teridax, though I remain uncertain what the pose will be and am considering a rather macabre comic that demonstrates how a humanoid being can replicate the bizarrities of the Makuta species.
- I’ve also worked to expand my artwork, not only into other styles of BIONICLE but also beyond BIONICLE and into such other media as Artemis Fowl. Sometime I’m gonna have to scan in that latest drawing of Artemis, which depicts the Irish youth better than I could have thought possible. In all sincerity I sketched his face, left the drawing in my backpack, and came back to it to wonder “why didn’t I keep going with this?” So be prepared to see that.
- I’ve lately been playing Tetris considerably. I’ve managed to reduce the symptoms of Tetris syndrome (which is a condition after playing a repetitive strategy game a lot that causes you to visualize strategies and gameplay even when not playing), but besides my recently created file in my brother’s town on Animal Crossing: Wild World, Tetris is basically the only video game I play.
- I wonder how the Aqua Blaster Blade contest is going… Wow, BZP’s had a good deal of news since I left. Maybe I’ll check that when I get home to the remaining laptop computer. *checks contest* Wow, polls are up. Everyone interested should check Bioran23’s blog. My entry is in preliminary poll “Pineapple.”
- I read the latest book of the Inheritance Cycle (which currently consists of Eragon, Eldest, and the latest installment, Brisingr). The author is really nowhere near as bad as some people claim, and has managed to churn out a creative (if excessively verbose) tale while using both traditional and modern fantasy archetypes. Of course, he had my vote as soon as I learned he didn’t use the word “Orc.”
Hope the site is still running well. I’m sure if any annoying trends have emerged my absence did little to prevent them, though of course I am no firewall against the negative side of internet society. I’ll try not to get into another “crusade of reason” in the sets forum when I return, though of course we all know that if a conflict arises I will be there to at least offer one of my tirades in the defense of logical acknowledgement of LEGO’s successes and failures. Can't wait to come back for longer!
With all due respect,
Aanchir: Rachira of Time
EDIT: Didn't realize that that word qualified as bypassing the word filter. I can explicitly remember Omicron using it at one point, and believe me, I had no reservations about using it since it did not seem to me an infraction of the rules. Glad to now have a more authoritative example to look to when determining what term's allowed and what isn't.