The Culinary Chronicle - The Carver's Husi

Pohaturon

***I'm not entirely sure where to put this, but I guess that's okay since there hasn't really been precedent for this kind of thing***

Po-Wahi: The Carver’s Husi

post-53889-0-72090000-1490141964_thumb.jpg click to enlarge

Welcome to the Culinary Chronicle! My name is Poraru, owner of the famous Comet restaurant in Po-Koro, where Turaga Onewa himself dines. After the Ta-Koroan chronicler visited our village and helped Toa Pohatu cure the plague, I decided it’s time for me to venture beyond my home as well, but instead of adventure, I shall seek out the greatest dishes Mata Nui has to offer. My travels will undoubtedly take me across each six Wahi, but before we get to that, I might as well start off with a local favourite.

The Carver’s Husi has spread across Mata Nui long ago and is particularly popular in Ta-Wahi as well due to the spices used, however as the name suggests, it originated here, among the dunes of Po-Wahi. The dish is favoured by the carvers among us, hence the name, and is traditionally eaten after they return to the Koro following a hard day’s work in the sculpture parks.

What you will need:

1 Husi breast

Cheese (best from Le-Wahi!)

Oil

Sour cream

Ta-Wahian Paprika Powder

Salt

Pepper

Pan

Glass protodermis platter

First of all, you’ll need to filet the Husi breast if it isn’t already, then cut it up into chunks of desired size. Remove and bloody or fatty parts, as well as any stray bones (if you keep Rahi at home, they’ll surely be thankful for the treat!). Once the slices are prepared, salt one side, flip them, then pepper the other. You’ll need to cook them in oil, in the pan, before moving on to the over, which you ought to pre-heat at this point. You can be generous with the oil, as we’ll need it later, but don’t go overboard. There is no need to thoroughly cook the Husi, just until they’re white all over and a tad red here and there. When ready, lift the meat over to the platter, and pour the remaining oil over it. Rub the Paprika Powder into the slices, lather them in sour cream and finally top them off with the grated cheese and into the oven they go for a good 10-15 minutes, or until they’re ready. Wait for it to cool off before serving, and always allow for the remaining oil to drip off before placing it on your plate – if you don’t, you’ll leave a mess and that much oil is hardly savoury!

I suggest rice, croquettes or steamed vegetables as company.

With such a hearty mean to give me strength, I’m ready to head off into the desert. We’ll see where my journeys lead me, and what kinds of interesting recipes I discover. I hope that local cooks from across Mata Nui will also contribute to my Chronicle, so that all Matoran may benefit from the flavours of all six Wahi. 

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

• 2 weeks later...