Mighty Morphin'

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

My take on the comic:

I do not think the jokes are funny. I see the racism and sexism inherent in the material. I do not find them offensive, however, as they are pretty much the lowest common denominator of each of those types of humour. Cheap laughs that fell flat, basically.

Art assets are nice, though. A step above the standard RayG spritekit comic.

Boom. Share. Retweet.

I don't think I even smirked at a panel. Yellow ranger joke in particular made me roll my eyes but to me there was nothing in here that truly felt like a comic, in a comedic sense.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm not sure about the comic. I find it a not that bad read. Some lines made me crack a smile, some made me roll my eyes. But I don't feel offended.

Sprites in general are more symbolic and simpler in their visual languages and aren't really equipped to carry through all the little nuances and details of a given situation so it may result in some unfortunate interpretation with some character types (in this case a more tsundere lady). In any case, a bit more careful and/or expanded dialoging might solve the problem for those who aren't familiar with the comic, maybe even the actual outcome of the fight too could have been helpful. Just some points that might help in the future. I will even gladly help or beta-read if you PM me. ;)

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

I'm not sure about the comic. I find it a not that bad read. Some lines made me crack a smile, some made me roll my eyes. But I don't feel offended.

Sprites in general are more symbolic and simpler in their visual languages and aren't really equipped to carry through all the little nuances and details of a given situation so it may result in some unfortunate interpretation with some character types (in this case a more tsundere lady). In any case, a bit more careful and/or expanded dialoging might solve the problem for those who aren't familiar with the comic, maybe even the actual outcome of the fight too could have been helpful. Just some points that might help in the future. I will even gladly help or beta-read if you PM me. ;)

Thank you very much for the review! Yeah, the reason I use the simpler and brighter kit is because sometimes I am restricted with time in order to give really well fleshed out dialogue, due to my annoying deadlines (another of which is coming up XD). The characters seem very distinct in this kit so it helps me with identification. I actual had an ended fully planed out, but since I had to get this out around an hour before the end of the entry period, I sadly had to leave it open ended. But thank you very much for the helpful tips! I'll but sure to make good use of them in a few upcoming comics, and I may take you up on that offer! =P

But why are there Kibaranger, Shurikenger and Abareblack there. Why are they fighting Bandora?

And I still don't get the race and hat jokes, and I rather not have to read a separate comic for that.

Guess I'll quickly explain that part (the latter of the two).

First one was done in parody (inb4 bad taste) of how the original show did that extensively, and was quite... Weird about that. Not gonna say more on that here. The second part wasn't even a joke despite what everyone said, it was solely meant to set up the plot and give a reason as to why she'd be a giant monster rampaging through the city. I guess I don't see how it could be see as a joke besides the two characters involved.

That's about it from me for now. Thanks to those who read the comic to give it a review, no matter who said what! I'm glad to know it's getting read. XD

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

• 8 months later...