BAMN Project (Bionicle: After Mata-Nui)

MakaronFlajs

Heey...

I am working on a BAMN project. In this project i'll make some games about BAMN story.

BAMN game patrt 1:

It is 3d game. You are playing as Naxru. You are on group of small islands.

The sotory is talking about Naxru. He is Onu-matoran. He got black feets, black body and black pakari. He is wery smart and he wants to become an engineer. One day he went in Ga-koro and learned how do drive a boat. Then he went on a 3-year jurney to the unknown. When he come back on the place where Mata-Nui must be, he foun some small islands. On these small islands were notes that brings him to the top of vulcano. There he found out what happened to Mata-Nui... The game is in Mata-nui font.

BAMN game part 2:

Again it's about Naxru. This time he went inside of vulcano. There he found the Toas and... I hope you'll like it.

The game is in Mata-Nui font.

Screenshots:

bamngameplay1.png

bamngameplay2.png

BAMN game part 1 Download

BAMN game part 2 Download

Also visit my Blog and website.

Makaronflaj%25C5%25A1.png

Edited by MakaronFlajs

Do you have any screenshots, or a short description of what kind of game it is? It would make it a lot more prudent for people to download.

The host shows me a folder with separated files, though clicking Download does give me the full ZIP archive. Yet, your webpage (after going through a sub-page) mentions that you "choose which files you want to download". Was I supposed to download just the EXE file, or everything?

In any case, the place is very barren. I spent some time just running around, believing this to be just a version of Unity's default project, until I noticed the note on the ground. Even then, I almost quit because each note was very hard to read. I can translate the Mata Nui font without much trouble (though I feel kind of dyslectic because it forces me to think, unlike normal Latin letters), but the way the texture is drawn makes it less than ideal for long messages. The puzzle came from reading the note itself, not what it had me do, because it explained in plain words.

I then traveled to the next island, but was completely lost. The note there was very quick to zip by when I used the sprint key, and friction made me feel more like a hovercraft than a Matoran. In any case, the message told me to add together the numbers of the current island plus the island I came from. The first island clearly says "this is island one" in the note, but the second? No idea. Mostly because the note told me to make sure I traveled clockwise when counting after getting the number, so whether I had traveled to island 2 (making me travel 3 clockwise?) or to island whatever-the-max-is (by going one opposite of the first) I couldn't know. I found no note about island number at first and no other way to examine the surroundings to figure it out. A map would be splendid. I did eventually run into the signs mentioning island number, but they are flat on the ground and lost in a forest of trees. Furthermore, at a distance all islands look pretty much identical.

I must have missed the mark, because I was not certain if I were to stop at the exact island I got the number for, or if I should continue until I counted to that number. I read some messages here and there as I found them, but couldn't get back in the sequence. The (apparently) final sign told me that I needed to remember them all, but since I had not writtena nything down that meant a do-over. Still not certain if I did it all in the right order, and some semi-broken messages (spelling errors, stretched graphics, etc.) made it hard to determine.

I did go straight for the volcano, then, but could not access the path. In fact, accessing the volcano was the first thing I tried, when I thought there were no notes at all. Circling the entire main island finds me no point on the path where it is not surrounded by slopes too steep to climb. Using the island that told me to go for the path as a guide, I went straight up that hillside, but if there is a sweetspot I did not find it. I can see a sign very close (it was the first sign I actually noticed in the game because it stood up straight) but cannot read it. I keep sliding down and failing to get any further.

Any help?

Thanks for telling me where the problem is. To download you must to choose .exe file and the map BAMN1_data. The path on the volcano is fake. There is another way. The numbers of islands are somewhere in the middle of the island. Sprint is made becouse it's boring to walk from one island to another.

How to travel "clokwise" is shown in the download(It's that picture above .exe file).

I hope thet helps.

Edited by MakaronFlajs

But if image Island 1 = game Island 1, and image Island 2 has to be game Island 2 because the solution says 1+2, for image Island 4 to be game Island 4 then I suppose the counter-clockwise numbering on the image is correct for everything. Unless you didn't number them in sequence in-game?

• 2 weeks later...