Help buying the comics/graphic novels?

Fenrakk101

(First off, this is very likely the wrong forum. I wasn't sure what forum would be best suited for it, but this one seemed closest; if it's wrong then I won't be offended if it's moved. Second, I posted this on Reddit the other day and just copy/pasted it here, since this site is much more active. Again, sorry if I break any rules in the process!)

I own all the books and movies, but my comic collection has major gaps. As in, I barely have any of them. Buying all the graphic novels off of Amazon seems the most efficient and cost-effective solution to that problem, but is there a cheaper way to do it? Or does anyone recommend not bothering with the graphic novels or know cheaper places to get them?

I don't have any particular issues with Amazon, although their price listings for the graphic novels seem a bit... unusual. For the most part they cost around $5-10, but the hardcovers are usually cheaper, except for #2 and #4 where they cost $150 and $350 each. The box set of 1-4 is $50 (Why the price? Is the box itself really so rare?) and the set of 5-9 doesn't exist. I'll gladly buy all the paperbacks separately, but my suspicion has definitely been roused.

On the topic, any cheap places I can get old canister lids? I've lost pretty much every canister I've ever had, and I would like to have the original six Toa pedestals, and also the orbs from the Toa Metru canisters to make the spheres.

Have you tried eBay? I used to get great deals on BIONICLE stuff from eBay.

I've always been super paranoid about eBay. Probably just a personal problem, but I always feel like the cheapest sales are scams and the expensive sales are ripoffs. It doesn't help that I don't actually know the market value of either the comics or the graphic novels. Not going for mint condition, but not interested in stuff seriously damaged.

Edited by Fenrakk101

Have you tried eBay? I used to get great deals on BIONICLE stuff from eBay.

I've always been super paranoid about eBay. Probably just a personal problem, but I always feel like the cheapest sales are scams and the expensive sales are ripoffs. It doesn't help that I don't actually know the market value of either the comics or the graphic novels. Not going for mint condition, but not interested in stuff seriously damaged.

I've not had a problem with scams, because you can always check the user's feedback. If they have sold a LOT of items, and have positive feedback, then odds are it's safe, and you can always read on what was negative, too.

But suite yourself. I doubt they'd be too valuable if you aren't going for mint condition. If you just want to read them, I can find you online scans of all the comics.